Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

I'm happy for SNL. It's hardly ever perfect, but there's always something that clicks in each episode. Kate McKinnon is sublime, and it's almost always better than it's critics try to claim.

• Love 13
Just now, mojoween said:

Thank you Ryan for acknowledging Gianni and (purposefully?) not mentioning Andrew.

He remembered Jeff and David so I think leaving out Andrew was 100% intentional. Plus Andrew would have hated being left out so it’s a solid dig at him. 

• Love 9

Ah, so Will Ferrell is hear to drag this out even longer.  Can't let the show finish early or actually let the winners talk more, right?!

And it is the Marvelous Mrs Maisel.  Congrats, although I hope Barry gets another chance next year.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, 2727 said:

I'm fine with John Oliver winning, but he sure leapt out in front of the woman who went up with him and didn't bother introducing her.

I think John mentioned her name when he was on stage.

I know “Silicon Valley” will never win anything but I'm thrilled that it’s recognized enough to be nominated.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 2727 said:

I'm fine with John Oliver winning, but he sure leapt out in front of the woman who went up with him and didn't bother introducing her.

He introduced her. That’s Liz Stanton who is one of the producers. He also complimented her (she’s the show backbone) and thanked their respective children. Still could have let her talk but he hardly ignored her. 

• Love 12

That line at the beginning about NBC getting the most nominations for the broadcast networks but doesn't mean much?

At least it won one during the broadcast itself.  Had this aired on one of the other networks, they would have been shut out completely.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ryan referenced Jeff and David. I expected and was ready for Versace but I didn’t think he’d have time for them and now I’m weepy. 

But no mention of Lee Miglin or William Reese. I thought that was unfortunate.

• Love 7

It has no real effect on my life but I am super stoked for GoT to win.  I am going to miss that damn show so much.

Why would the announcer person mention D.B. was accepting and not David?  They are CO-CREATORS, sir.

• Love 5