Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Hey George, you don’t have time to sit in the theater, how’s about you get working on book eight, hmm?

I love Peter.  It looked like he snubbed Kit’s congratulations though, and if Kit is despondent over this, since Rose isn’t there, I will gladly fill in.

• Love 3

Rolling along nicely.

I kind of miss the announcer who'd drop info about the winners while they walk up to the stage.

Enjoying the huge video backdrop of the winner's photos as they give their acceptance speeches.

• Love 3
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Well, congrats to Dinklage, but I really think Nikolaj Coster Waldau needs a damn trophy.  Quit hogging the gold, Tyrion!

I don’t even watch Game of Thrones, but isn’t that, like, his 3rd Emmy for the same role?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Still sad that the likes of Reg E. Cathey, John Mulaney, and others are no longer with us, but at least most of them seem to be older and have lived hopefully full lives. 

I know you mean Mahoney and yeah, the reminder he's gone is a big reason why I do NOT want a proposed Frasier reboot.  

Thandie doesn't believe in God but thanked Her and then got bleeped.  I did not have that on my bingo card. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

It makes me laugh that Millie Bobby Brown stands for everyone because I feel like she does that because she can’t sit with those hoops in her dress.

Lol, I was just going to post that it's cute how she keeps standing because she's seems so excited and wants to see everyone! I didn't know she had hoops in her dress! 

• Love 2

I don't think Dinklage had very good material this season, and that's the only reason I'm disappointed with his win. I was also rooting for Nikolaj, who has really become a powerhouse on that show. And that's not easy when you're always going toe to toe with Lena Heady.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Rolling along nicely.

I kind of miss the announcer who'd drop info about the winners while they walk up to the stage.

Me too. I keep waiting for some guy to announce "this is so-and-so's third nomination and first win." The silence feels weird.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Is this the first win for The Americans?

Margo Martindale won a couple of times in Guest, for what felt like just a couple of lines of dialogue each time.

This one is much more meaningful.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, BW Manilowe said:

I’m almost positive they won for writing before, but I forget which season(s).

No the only Emmys it’s won are two for Margo as guest actress. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

Holy shit!!  The Americans won an Emmy. 

They’ve won other Emmys for Guest Actress in a Drama, for Margo Martindale who played their main KGB Handler (besides/after Gabriel), Claudia—she won 2 or 3 of those Emmys. They’ve also won at least 1 more writing, with at least 1 more nomination for writing.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Gabriel), Claudia—she won 2 or 3 of those Emmys. They’ve also won at least 1 more writing, with at least 1 more nomination for writing.

Only the 2 for Margo, none for Writing until tonight! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2