Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

Oh Damn, I wanted Colbert or Bee to win, but it was a tough field.

I was rooting for Colbert or Meyers, just for the fact that the writers have to come up with (imo, excellent) stuff 4 days a week, as opposed to Bee or Oliver, which are both weekly shows.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

You really have to appreciate the irony here: CBS is  the least diverse of the broadcast neworks.  And when they had a show with a racially and trans diverse cast, Doubt, they dumped it  after two episodes.

Almost makes you wonder if the comments promoting and celebrating diversity aren't intended as a subtle dig at CBS as a result?

3 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I was rooting for Colbert or Meyers, just for the fact that the writers have to come up with (imo, excellent) stuff 4 days a week, as opposed to Bee or Oliver, which are both weekly shows.

I liked Oliver commenting on how tough the writers' jobs actually have been this year. Honestly, I would not be surprised to learn that the people who work on those shows have done a crapton of drinking and are feeling flat out exhausted by now.  

• Love 11

Every year, the In Memoriam hits me when I realize just many of these greats have pasted away.  Bill Paxton (still not over that), Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, Powers Boothe, John Hurt, and so many more.  But I think the one that is still raw is Nelsan Ellis.  He was way too young and I really thought he was destined for huge things. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Viola so needs a Grammy. I love the color of her dress. 

When I grow up, I want to be able to wear that dress like Viola. Woman must put in hours at the gym. 

How many days until How to Get Away with Murder?  I miss my Anneliese. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I liked Oliver commenting on how tough the writers' jobs actually have been this year. Honestly, I would not be surprised to learn that the people who work on those shows have done a crapton of drinking and are feeling flat out exhausted by now.  

I've been doing & feeling both just from watching this year!

• Love 3
Just now, Paws said:

I usually hate in Memoriam segments but that one was beautiful. Also, holy shit Gwen Ifill died. Goddamnit.

I remember when they announced that. I didn't even know she had been sick. We had too many this year that were shocking. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Paws said:

I usually hate in Memoriam segments but that one was beautiful. Also, holy shit Gwen Ifill died. Goddamnit.

Yeah. I'm in the D.C. area and it was very sad. And then longtime local broadcaster Jim Vance died this year too. 

• Love 4