Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Westworld didn't win.  Boo.  I haven't seen A Handmaid's Tale.  No Netflix, but I am a Margaret Atwood fan - so I am conflicted.

But I loved the skit.  That was really good.  I admit - I do love Stephen Colbert - even if he is on CBS.

Just now, Macbeth said:

Westworld didn't win.  Boo.  I haven't seen A Handmaid's Tale.  No Netflix, but I am a Margaret Atwood fan - so I am conflicted.

But I loved the skit.  That was really good.  I admit - I do love Stephen Colbert - even if he is on CBS.

It's on Hulu, actually.  What?  I'm anal

• Love 6

Looks like they're gonna do a number from Chicago.  

(based on costumes shown during the break.  I have no inside knowledge.  I really have no knowledge at all)

Edited by ebk57
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hope these accountants saw the Oscars and know what NOT to do.

I actually was expecting a selfie from the dancers...

2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I am so happy Alexis won for The Handmaid's Tale. She was so good.

She did?  Was that from a pre-television award ceremony?  And Gerald Mcraney?

Edited by jjj
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, wonderwoman said:

And yes, she did seem wooden. But I think she's basically a very shy person.   (Alexis Bledel)

She certainly is an extremely *private* person -- and yes, shy.

• Love 3

I didn't like the director of Big Little Lies referring to the women as girls.

But I did enjoy his shout out to David Kelley - I am a big fan of Michelle and that was a nice moment between them.

Oh I always loved Lily Tomlin.  Go Lily!

I know I am 10 minutes behind as always.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 4

Alexander Skarsgård's speech was adorable. I'm shocked that he won, but I think it's pretty safe to say that Big Little Lies will win everything else it's up for. Really bummed that Nicole or Reese will end up losing since they're up against each other.

Alexis Bledel being an Emmy winner. I still can't believe it. I think tonight's Emmys will finally convince me to watch The Handmaid's Tale and even more if Elisabeth Moss wins.

• Love 3