Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, mtlchick said:

USA Network heads "OMG someone got us an Emmy!" (I've been underwhelmed with this season but this is a breakthrough year for them so kudos on them believing in it!) 

And that is why USA Network will keep Mr. Robot around even if the ratings aren't that great.

• Love 2

I haven't watched Orphan Black yet but once I heard Tatiana's name I expected you all to lose your shit :-).  Hooray for new winners!

Yay to Veep! Was hoping Master of None would pill the upset but I'm happy for the Veeppeat.

Edited by kittykat
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Can anyone tell me what the hell that Galaxy commercial is for? I've seen it 186 times tonight and still can't figure it out. 

It's the Gear VR. It's a headset you strap your Galaxy phone into and you can do virtual reality stuff with special apps. I think it looks ridiculous personally.

• Love 1

They keep showing Chris Rock in the audience and I was wondering why he was relevant this year. Evidently he has something to do with Amy Schumer (ugh!) I recently started watching reruns of Everybody Hates Chris and enjoy it so thought it funny to see Chris Rock knowing how old that show is.

Just now, Spacecow said:

It's the Gear VR. It's a headset you strap your Galaxy phone into and you can do virtual reality stuff with special apps. I think it looks ridiculous personally.

So the next soon to be forgotten Google Glass? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Spacecow said:

Odd, from the paticipants excitement I figured it was something like Woody Allen's "Sleeper" Orgasmatron...

Edited by kib
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

I loves the #sherules commerical after Tatiana won. 

I got into Orphan Black late but respect the hell out of Tatiana for her work on it. I forgot she was playing all the clones. And thats amazing.

Which is why I felt she should've won long ago--she does such an amazing job of giving each clone a distinct personality.

• Love 2
Just now, Fostersmom said:

So the next soon to be forgotten Google Glass? 

Well Samsung has a promotion where if you buy any of their phones they'll give you a Gear VR for free. So yeah, probably not selling like they had hoped.

• Love 1

Well, the dragons won.

What I learned: the Emmys are SLOWLY changing honouring a little more radical and different topics and themes.  Which is good.  Also, Kimmel should not be asked back to return.  

And you people REALLY like Kyle Chandler to the point I need to check if there is a groupon deal for sessions for the lot of you! :p 

See you for awards season in the winter!

• Love 10

So happy for GoT.  It amuses me how it's the best show but none of the actors are the best this year.

Gwendolyn Christie is a giant.  She does not need heels.  And I see you back there Rory you charming fucking chicken eater you.

• Love 2

A repeat for both Veep and Game of Thrones, I see!  I'm happier for Games of Thrones this time, because it was a vast improvement over last season, which I still found it weird that was the one to finally win.  Jimmy Smits seemed happy.  A fan?  Trying to get onboard?  He's done Star Wars already, so why not add to the genre favorite bingo?

Hi, George R.R. Martin!  Remember, those books won't write themselves!

• Love 5