Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

I've never been so happy with a show dominating like ACS tonight.

Overall I'm finding the night uneven. When  it's good, it's REALLY good, but it's few and far between.

(Holy smokes Kyle Chandler just keeps getting hotter)

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

22 years later, and we are still talking about her appearance. Why would anyone want to be a woman in the public eye?

I've debated on whether to respond to this or not.  I felt as though I were being lectured for making a comment when several comments prior to mine were about how orange Claire Danes is looking tonight.

For the record, I suppose I should expand on my original comment--while Marcia Clark looks different than she did back then, I think she looks pretty good now.

• Love 6

Tina Fey is doing a whole Salma Hatek vibe with her dress, hair, and earrings and it works. I like Amy Poehler as a redhead so cute! Her poncho dress was ugly tho. My aunt owns an antique store and I think there's a slipcover there that matches. 

Green must be the in color.

damn does Angela Bassett age? Every pic, movie, awards appearance she slays. 

Liev Schrieber is sexy tonight. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Spacecow said:

Courtney B Vance definitely deserved to win. Highlight of the show for me. Don't know how Cuba Gooding Jr got nominated, honestly I never warmed up to him as OJ and I wasn't impressed by his performance. 

Cuba seems like a nice, congenial guy, but he was so bad as OJ.  The real OJ, forgive me for this, oozed charm.  Cuba played him front to back as almost a menacing dude.

Sterling wanted to hug Courtney but Courtney just ran on by.  Don't leave Sterling hanging like that!

• Love 6

I wonder why they don't announce Best Miniseries at the end of the show, like they do with Drama and Comedy?  At this point, they are almost becoming just a powerful and great as the other two.  Then again, everyone knew it would be People vs. OJ Simpson, so I guess why drag it out?

• Love 2

Hi! Long time looker on this site, first time poster.

I'm having mixed feelings about this show so far. When it's good, it's good. But when it's bad....eeehhh...

And I have to say...Jimmy, that joke about Johnny Cochran was uncalled for! That wasn;t funny. The man was a lawyer doing his job, and he's dead!

And yet another acceptance speech gets played off. Holy Frank Sinatra, Batman!

• Love 1
Just now, Neeners said:

I guess I'm the only one who hasn't seen The People vs. OJ Simpson Crime Story. 

You're not.  We watched the documentary and were OJ'ed out by the end.  Maybe...later.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SpikeGal said:

Hi! Long time looker on this site, first time poster.

I'm having mixed feelings about this show so far. When it's good, it's good. But when it's bad....eeehhh...

And I have to say...Jimmy, that joke about Johnny Cochran was uncalled for! That wasn;t funny. The man was a lawyer doing his job, and he's dead!

And yet another acceptance speech gets played off. Holy Frank Sinatra, Batman!

Just want to say welcome!  And hope you have some wine!!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Neeners said:

I haven't either. I had no interest, having seen the whole thing unfold when it happened. But my 15 yr old watched it and loved it. (I did love Sterling Brown on Army Wives though).

• Love 5

I feel like Keri Russell was awfully close to a gynecological accident when she walked out holding her dress open. The dress was fug from front to back.

Liev Schreiber is way hot though and I love when he does voiceover work.

The ACS people seemed to get played off way quicker than everyone else.  The band and show stopped for Jeffrey Tambor but went dark and to commercial on ACS?

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Eureka said:

I haven't either. I had no interest, having seen the whole thing unfold when it happened. But my 15 yr old watched it and loved it. (I did love Sterling Brown on Army Wives though).

Add me to the list that did not watch.  Like you, I saw it roll out live back then.  Also, Bryan Cranston was amazing in "All the Way".

3 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Fuck you, Emmys, for cutting away from awesome people.  Who the fuck is in charge?

Thanks, I thought I must have missed a long speech...

• Love 1

Cuba seems like a nice, congenial guy, but he was so bad as OJ.  The real OJ, forgive me for this, oozed charm. 

I haven't either (I don't have FX though I will make my way to watch it eventually.)   The part I bolded is highlighted in the OTHER OJ programming this year "Made in America."  OJ was a horrible bastard but damn, he was charming as hell. 

• Love 2

I watched The People vs. Oj and only thought it was okay. In away that is high praise since I am predisposed to hate anything Ryan Murphy does. I did like The Normal Heart that he did, but loved the play way better.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2

Uh...guys? I should tell you all this now...and get it over with. I'm voting for Donald Trump. Yes, I am a Trump supporter...and I mute out any and all jokes about him because I WANT a Hillary joke!! I'm sick of all this one-sided stuff. Hillary is worse, I hate her...but of course no one will dare make fun of her.

So, what I want to know is...am I still welcome here? Or will you throw me out for voting for Trump? Because I am NOT changing my mind. My mind is made up, I am voting for Trump, I will not change it...am I still welcome here? Can I still be here...or will you throw me out?

Edited by SpikeGal
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, SpikeGal said:

Uh...guys? I should tell you all this now...and get it over with. I'm voting for Donald Trump. Yes, I am a Trump supporter...and I mute out any and all jokes about him because I WANT a Hillary joke!! I'm sick of all this one-sided stuff. Hillary is worse, I hate her...but of course no one will dare make fun of her.

So, what I want to know is...am I still welcome here? Or will you throw me out for voting for Trump? Because I am NOT changing my mind. My mind is made up, I am voting for Trump, I will not change it...am I still welcome here? Can I still be here...or will you throw me out?

I'm not voting for either and am sick of every speech or joke having something to do with politics. I don't talk politics at home, here or anywhere else. I believe it is a private and personal choice and should remain that way.

on to the show.... I'm happy for all the People v. OJ love!

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 4