Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Kate McKinnon winning is everything for ,me! So unbelievably happy about that!

I have been a fan of Regina King since she was a kid on 227.  

Same

Edited by vb68
  • Love 6

Tom Hiddleston and Priyanka Chopra were well-behaved with each other, even though both are gunning to be the next James Bond, apparently.

Did not see The Night Manager beating out People vs. OJ and Fargo, but I guess it was a well-shot series.  I'm sure the locations and people helped on that front.

1 minute ago, bunnyblue said:

I've loved Regina King since Boyz N the Hood. I wasn't that big of a fan of American Crime, but there's no denying RK kills it in that series. Someone give her her own series already.

Wasn't a fan of the first season, but the second season was fantastic.  I am liking the limited series model.  it is like a whole new show each season with the same cast. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

Meanwhile Jon Mayer is sitting with the band?  PLEASE tell me he exchanged notes with Tom and invited him to sit with them at the "Taylor dumped me too" table.  

Not exactly an exclusive club.  At this point many tables would need to be reserved...

• Love 3

So two women, Jill and Susanne, won directing awards. I hope Hollywood execs are paying attention because both women did superb jobs on their respective shows and fun fact both were producers on their shows so there's that.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I'm confused, Sarah Paulson was nominated for AHS, not ACS?  Or is that a later category?

I'm really surprised ACS didn't win the last award but that lady director's dress was very pretty.

She was, for both.

And what on earth is Terrence Howard wearing??

• Love 2

Bummed for Kirsten Dunst, but I'm glad Sarah Paulson finally wins one, after it felt like she kept getting nominated and losing for the past ten years.

Orange Claire Danes was distracting.  What was even the point of Bryan Cranston being there if he was going to only announce the winner?

6 minutes ago, maraleia said:

So two women, Jill and Susanne, won directing awards. I hope Hollywood execs are paying attention because both women did superb jobs on their respective shows and fun fact both were producers on their shows so there's that.

Lesli Linka Glatter could make it a trifecta.

Although IMHO, Miguel Sapotchnik is the name I want to hear.

• Love 1

OMG Sarah's speech is making me cry.  Everyone on earth should apologize to Marcia.

I would have loved to have seen Tina Fey's face. She has made several mean-spirited shots at Marcia Clark over the years, completely out of nowhere and unrelated to the plots of her shows.

• Love 3

Yeah, Courtney B. Vance!  His performance as Johnnie Cochran was almost scary, because he almost made me think he was the real person when I was watching that show.  And he already won a Tony?  Hey, halfway to an EGOT!  And married to Angela Basset!  Courtney B. Vance is the man!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 16