Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Andre Braugher is never going to win, huh?  Then again, him being nominated is the only love Brooklyn Nine Nine seems to get.

You know your opening segment is in trouble when Jeb Freaking Bush ends up being one of the highlights.  Then again, I have to remember that normally I would probably not like him either; it was just a lot of his competitors were much, much worse.

I chuckled at the Maggie Smith stuff, but isn't the reason she can't make it is because of health reasons?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Andre Braugher is never going to win, huh?  Then again, him being nominated is the only love Brooklyn Nine Nine seems to get.

Andre Braugher did win a Best Actor emmy in 98?  99? For Homicide: Life on the Street.

• Love 2

Matt LeBlanc sounds so weird!  If I weren't looking at the TV I would have no idea it was him.

I've made my piece that Silicon Valley will never win anything but it still makes me sad.

I know this is an old thought, but not everyone has a streaming service.  The Emmys go over the heads of all of these people (my parents, for instance).

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2
Just now, Spacecow said:

I missed the red carpet so I hadn't seen Kristen Bell's dress until now. I love it! I'm always on board for a ball gown.

I was just thinking the same thing.  I wasn't a big fan of the pattern, but the style was beautiful.

• Love 3

Loved Kate's moment. She is funny and fearless and crazy and when she teared up about her dad, I was farklempt.  And that's the closest to a smile I've ever seen Lorne Michaels crack.....and it wasn't much. Would it kill him to smile for one of his actors?

• Love 5