Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Emmys continues to show a lack of diversity in their nominees in front of and behind-the-scenes. No Mindy Kaling, almost no Brooklyn 99 love, no Sofia V., etc. I'll just say that if Mindy was white, her show would have gotten more Emmy love.

I love Gary Cole but it should have been Kevin Dunn who got that guest nod. He was the best part of Veep this season. Sofia should have gotten in over Julie Bowen and I would have skipped Good Wife completely as they've been phoning it in for years.

I would have replaced Girls with Brooklyn 99 in series and given nominations to Sandberg, Melissa Fumero and Terry Crews.

And the Goldbergs should have gotten nods for the actress who plays the mom and the kid who plays Barry. He deserves a nod just for his running.

Edited by pivot
  • Love 1
(edited)

Great, snarky article from The Wire:

The Enraging Emmy Nominations: 20 Snubs and Surprises

There are no words to describe my ire towards the AoTA&S for the snubbing of Tatiana Maslany (and Jordan Gavaris).  Glad to see there's outrage in every single article detailing Emmy snubs (I made a lengthy post with several linked articles in the Media thread over at the Orphan Black forum about this).  

Equally rage-inducing was the overlooking of The Americans for Best Drama and both Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell for Lead Actor/Actress in Drama for that show -- Margo Martindale received a Guest Star nod for about 5 minutes of screen time which, as much as I like her, is a bit of a joke.  All three are also being heavily mentioned by the media for the Academy snubbing them.

They should have ditched Kerry Washington for Keri Russell and Michelle Dockery for Tatiana Maslany.  Meh.

And Ellen Burstyn for Supporting Actress for Flowers in the Attic?  Seriously?!  That revelation damn near caused a spit-take -- how friggin' slim were the pickins in the category for that god-awful camp to merit a nomination?

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 1

One more thing: Am I the only person on Earth who remembers that Conan is still on the air and is still funnier than all the other talk shows? I don't mind that The Daily Show and The Colbert Report win every year, they're brilliant in their own way. I'm just saying it's an option.

I figured as soon as Conan went to TBS that he wasn't going to be nominated anymore.  It's sad because I think he's still great and still hilarious.

• Love 1

I'll just say that if Mindy was white, her show would have gotten more Emmy love.

OK, I love the crap out of The Mindy Project but I don't think that's true. I think they look at more than one episode for Best Comedy Series and the show is super uneven. I love her but she's not the best actress and it shows in a lot of scenes. I can't think of an episode she could have pulled to go "wow, she was killing it this entire episode and she was the one really carrying the weight in all her scenes." Chris Messina arguably had a better chance if he could break through past the people who get nominated for Best Comedy Actor over and over and over but no one else in the show really deserved to pick up a supporting actor nom.

I do watch Brooklyn Nine Nine and not watching any of the other Best Actor Comedy performances, sure let Sandberg get in there. Who the frick is watching House of Lies or Shameless. If you were going to give it to one of those guys you would have done it already. Though from what I've heard of the show, Macy has a shot because of how dramatic things are getting. But that's like giving the win to Nurse Jackie or Louie because even though it's in the comedy category, you really respect it more because of the dramatic elements. 

Melissa and Terry aren't really a big enough part of the show to even get the supporting actor nominations. I mean, Terry makes the most of the time he has but come on now. And Melissa? Not a chance.

• Love 2

If Bryan Cranston has any sense (and I think he does), he submitted a scene from the "Ozymandias" episode of Breaking Bad for Emmy consideration.

No one officially submits anything until after they are nominated.  Then they submit one episode, which is supposed to be the sole basis for judging.  Sounds like this will be Cranston's selection.

• Love 1

No one officially submits anything until after they are nominated.  Then they submit one episode, which is supposed to be the sole basis for judging.  

Oh thanks, I think I learned something today© !

Well, at least for Kate Mara, it's not too much of a hassle. Poor Jeff Daniels and Kerry Washington... Choosing one rant between so many identical ones must be a nightmare.

• Love 2
Add me to those so disappointed about Tatiana Maslany's omission.  I confess, I don't watch a lot of the nominated shows (and I feel like I watch a lot of tv)
This, except maybe more shocked than disappointed. I was about to post something like: I guess Tatiana will have to prove her talent to the Emmy folks after OB is over and she gets cast in another role--and then I realized how laughable that was.

I'm happy for True Detective and Fargo. I would love to see Bryan Cranston and Matthew McConaughey tie for best actor in drama.

I really hope Bob Newhart gets Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series. Is there much chance of that happening?

I didn't see Jimmy Fallon as guest on SNL, but I imagine it was good.

(edited)

Listen, Emmys...I think we should talk.

Every year, I tell myself that I wont care. I tell myself that you don't matter, that you just reward the same people every year, and that will never ever change, and that it really doesn't matter at all who wins or gets nominated. I tell myself that I know I`ll be disappointed. But, every year, there is some tiny little piece of me, that thinks maybe, JUST MAYBE, the moon will be full, the planets will align, and you and I might just be on the same page. But this year...was not that year.  

I cant says its ALL bad. You acknowledged recent shows like True Detective and Orange is the New Black, shows that I really like. Game of Thrones, Mad Men, no complaints here. But, then you go and do things that are just plain...baffling. And I mean, I am literally trying to work out how you made some of the choices you did, because I just do not understand. Emmys, I need you to do me a favor, and walk me through your process. Like, I want to sit down with you, and watch The Americans, and you can explain to me why Downton Abbey is the superior program. You can explain how what Matthew Rhys does in an episode like Martial Eagle is more impressive than what Jeff Daniels does every week on The Newsroom. And then, you can sell me on how Michelle Dockery had the superior season to Keri Russell. Then, while we are on that topic, we can pop in ANY episode of Orphan Black, and you can tell me how Tatiana Maslany is not giving one of the best performances on TV. Tell me how she just didn't make that cut. Use a freaking Powerpoint Presentation. And then, maybe we can take a look at Trophy Wife, or Broad City, or Shameless, and you can tell me how much better Modern Family is, how the writing, performances, and directing clearly made it the superior show. Watch an episode of Mike and Molly, and explain to me how Melissa McCarthy is nominated, but Emmy Rossum isn't. In fact, I want to watch an episode of Shameless with you, and I want you to deny the fact that William H. Macy and Joan Cusack are nominated because they are big name stars. Tell me how they are the best performers in the entire bunch, that they deserved recognition, and not Emmy Rossum, and the other members of the younger cast. Just explain that decision to me. Slowly.  

I could go on for awhile, Emmys, but listen. I am really just trying to understand you. I am trying to assume that you are at least attempting to do your jobs. I just need to understand what you were thinking, or I am just going to have to assume you weren't.  We don't want to have to have this talk again next year, where I will yet again fail to talk myself into not caring about you. Help me, help you.  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9
I want to sit down with you, and watch The Americans, ,,, Then, ... , we can pop in ANY episode of Orphan Black,

I think the answer is pretty plainly that:

(a)  not enough Emmy voters watch those programs to have an impact.  I can relate.  I'm in my late 50s, probably close to the age of the median Emmy voter.  I only just watched The Americans within the last two months, and Orphan Black (Season 1) this past weekend, and that's ONLY because I've read so much praise for them at places like this, which are (let's face it) probably not frequented by Emmy voters.  But also,

(b) Emmy voters probably view those as "genre" shows that don't have the same gravitas as "pure" dramas.  Heck, while I admired Tatiana Maslany's perofrmances, I felt like I had to sit through a lot of silliness around her and even (don't lynch me) by some of her characters.  So even if you could sit down with your hypothetical Emmy voter, you may not be able to overcome that kind of bias regarding what kinds of programs and roles are award-worthy.

• Love 1

I think the answer is pretty plainly that:

(a)  not enough Emmy voters watch those programs to have an impact.  I can relate.  I'm in my late 50s, probably close to the age of the median Emmy voter.  I only just watched The Americans within the last two months, and Orphan Black (Season 1) this past weekend, and that's ONLY because I've read so much praise for them at places like this, which are (let's face it) probably not frequented by Emmy voters.  But also,

(b) Emmy voters probably view those as "genre" shows that don't have the same gravitas as "pure" dramas.  Heck, while I admired Tatiana Maslany's perofrmances, I felt like I had to sit through a lot of silliness around her and even (don't lynch me) by some of her characters.  So even if you could sit down with your hypothetical Emmy voter, you may not be able to overcome that kind of bias regarding what kinds of programs and roles are award-worthy.

This is why the Emmys in particular get a lot of snubbing articles every time nominations go out. They have a very limited view of what is "good" TV. It's an extremely outdated view considering tha genre shows have done well recently, but have been prominent since TV began.

As for Tatiana, I'm biased of course both as an OB fan and a Canadian, but her snub rankles a lot of fans and the critics as well. She has won the Critics' Choice Television Award in her category two years running and she was nominated for a Golden Globe. It's not like her performance isn't critically acclaimed. She's also getting good industry buzz, but it's not with the Emmy voters as a whole.

• Love 2
I love Gary Cole but it should have been Kevin Dunn who got that guest nod. He was the best part of Veep this season. Sofia should have gotten in over Julie Bowen

Jesus Christ, yes. Gary Cole is excellent, but I literally fall off the couch every time Kevin Dunn says something on this show (especially if he's talking to Jonah). Maybe he says "fuck" too much for the Academy to respect?

I'm pretty much over Julie Bowen, too. Love the show, but she bugs. 

• Love 3

I'm getting a little tired of Jim Parsons. Yes, he's good & all, but why can't Simon Helberg get a little love?

Jim always getting nominations reminds me of the John Larroquette syndrome.

• Love 1

First, I can't stand mixing cable/premium cable with broadcast, and adding Netflix into the mix makes it even worse.  Premium channels, Netflix- they offer so many creative advantages it's absurd to even try and compare them with shows designed for the masses, shows that are designed to be repeatedly interrupted so we can be sold products.  Seems like an unfair comparison, imho. 

I am actually glad they force the networks to compete against cable and netflix shows (especially for dramas). If they had separate categories then the broadcast networks would have even less incentive to produce smart well crafted dramas. If there was a category for outstanding network drama then Grey's Anatomy and NCIS would probably be emmy nominated shows. Plus I don't agree that cable really has that much of an advantage. I mean it was a little over 10 years ago that The West Wing was cleaning up in the drama category (and after that both 24 and Lost won, West Wing and 24 beat The Sopranos). And I completely believe that if NBC or any network put out a show of that quality today they would be in the running for a bunch of awards.

My issue is that cable is such a different animal to create for, especially premium or Netflix, that it's not a level playing field.  And I don't know why NCIS or Grey's shouldn't be nominated for some of their episodes- they resonate with a lot of people which is an indicator of quality (in a way), I think there's an art to doing that.  Mileage varies, of course.  And I'm also coming from a place of pure bitterness at this point, since they threw Emmy nominations at things like "Million Dollar Listing" and "Flipping Out," which I enjoy sometimes but can't fathom as needing to be awarded.  If they get special categories to garner awards, why not nighttime soaps or shows that rerun non-stop on TBS?...I shouldn't rant again. 

I think a couple posts above (especially tennisgurl's) help explain why the Emmys are always the way they are.  There's so much product out there, the people nominating probably have to rely on familiarity with either the actor or program, to some extent.  It's like the Grammys that way, I think, because there's just so much produced it's kind of impossible to keep up with it all.  I don't know why the Oscars feel different to me, but it seems like there aren't nearly as many films made as there are hours of television or songs.  

• Love 3

And I'm also coming from a place of pure bitterness at this point, since they threw Emmy nominations at things like "Million Dollar Listing" and "Flipping Out," which I enjoy sometimes but can't fathom as needing to be awarded.  If they get special categories to garner awards, why not nighttime soaps or shows that rerun non-stop on TBS?...I shouldn't rant again.

Well, I don't think we should go that far because they'd nominate more terrible shows that then already do to fill categories but to accommodate the diversity of the TV landscape, I do think there should be more than drama, comedy, and miniseries. I don't think Glee got put in the children's category, did it? And there aren't enough shows to have a musical category. But short of creating a category for police procedurals and monster of the week shows I think there should be a way of creating more categories to honor shows other than Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc. You know, other than them finally ending. 

• Love 1

Best Miniseries Or Movie: Well this is super interesting. I wanted to watch The White Queen but I don't get Starz. And I heard Bonnie & Clyde was terrible. I might try and watch it on Netflix before the Emmy's. Wouldn't it have been fabulous if they had nominated Flowers In the Atiic?

I saw Bonnie & Clyde  and it was not only dreadful, it was yet another example of why Hollywood shouldn't remake a classic when the original was much better.  As for Flowers In the Attic,  that sucked too, Ellen Burstyn was by far the best thing about it and she deserves the one nomination it got.

Best Actor, Miniseries Or Movie: Come on, guys, Try harder. These should not be your choices for miniseries or movie.

As someone who has seen the performances of Chiwetel Ejiofor, Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton, Idris Elba, Benedict Cumberbatch and Mark Ruffalo in Dancing On the Edge, Fargo, Luther, Sherlock and The Normal Heart respectively, I respectfully disagree.

• Love 1

I saw Bonnie & Clyde  and it was not only dreadful, it was yet another example of why Hollywood shouldn't remake a classic when the original was much better.  As for Flowers In the Attic,  that sucked too, Ellen Burstyn was by far the best thing about it and she deserves the one nomination it got.

To clarify, yes, FITA was terrible. But it would have been hilarious to see it nominated.

As someone who has seen the performances of Chiwetel Ejiofor, Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton, Idris Elba, Benedict Cumberbatch and Mark Ruffalo in Dancing On the Edge, Fargo, Luther, Sherlock and The Normal Heart respectively, I respectfully disagree.

I'm not knocking their performances which I haven't seen but how can you count Fargo, Luther, and Sherlock as a miniseries or movie? It seems like they're really stretching to fill out the category.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not knocking their performances which I haven't seen but how can you count Fargo, Luther and Sherlock as a miniseries or movie? It seems like they're really stretching to fill out the category.

According to the Academy, if the miniseries or movie has the same actors/characters but different plots, such as American Horror Story: Coven, then it counts.

I have no problem with cable and/or Netflix shows getting Emmy nominations. Lots of people used to say that the invention of TV would threaten live theater, but Broadway still exists. Cable TV has been around for 40 years but great network TV shows still got made. M*A*S*H still got made. Hill Street Blues still got made. The West Wing still got made. 24 still got made. The Cosby Show still got made. Buffy the Vampire Slayer still got made. The X-Files still got made.  Lost still got made, among many other shows that have been/still are being made despite the existence of cable. Network TV needs to step up its game. So it doesn't have the artistic freedom that cable and Netflix has? My response: "Boo-fucking-hoo." However, it's not just about art; it's about commerce. To quote the old saying, "It's show business." Two of the most important aspects of big business are competition and adaptability. If a major industry-like television-doesn't learn to compete and adapt it could become obsolete.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

According to the Academy, if the miniseries or movie has the same actors/characters but different plots, such as American Horror Story: Coven, then it counts.

Sure. But logically it seems Fargo should have been up against True Detective, regardless of the category they fit.

So it doesn't have the artistic freedom that cable and Netflix has?

I'd really like to see a mainstream network actually look at this as a good thing.  I want them to take their limitations and use them to their full advantage.  They can't curse or show too much skin?  No big deal, get creative with the language and the cinematography.  They have to be careful about certain storylines due to the FCC douches?  No big deal, bring on the symbolism!  In other words, look at what they can't do and turn it around to see what they can.  Unfortunately, few shows seem to try and make their limitations work in their favor, resulting in the blah stuff we have on the networks.

• Love 2

That may be true, but "Miniseries" used to refer to a show that was like 3-4 parts, maybe a couple more, tops.   For example, Rich Man, Poor Man, that was a 7 episode mini series.  That's why it was called "MINI" series, to distinguish it from a season long "series", which arguably these shows are.  AHS has 13 episodes each season, Fargo has had 10, and how are they going to make next season "different" but with the same case?  I haven't seen Sherlock (its on my list), but is each season (which yes, appears to only have 3-4 episodes) really that "different" in story with the same cast?

• Love 1

They can't curse or show too much skin?  No big deal, get creative with the language and the cinematography.

Mad Men operates within a more restricted palate on AMC than it would on HBO, and for this I say "Thank goodness!" 

Jim always getting nominations reminds me of the John Larroquette syndrome.

Also known as Kelsey Grammar/Bryan Cranston/Tony Shalhoub Syndrome at my house. I was so glad to see their shows end just so they wouldn't take over the Emmy's anymore. 

The Creative Emmys are this weekend and I'm trying to figure out if they're going to be live streamed, shown somewhere on basic cable, or what. The Emmy website is not helpful.

The Creative Emmys are this weekend and I'm trying to figure out if they're going to be live streamed, shown somewhere on basic cable, or what. The Emmy website is not helpful.

Have the Creative Emmys ever been shown? I don't ever remember seeing them televised. Usually, there would just be mentions of the ceremony and its winners at the regular Emmy telecast.

I was under the impression that the art director comes up with the concept and then oversees what some of the more specific creative jobs do. So the art director would sketch out a look for the set and maybe give the costume person some inspiration and then continue to oversee the building of the set and the choices for costumes to make sure everything went together. That's probably totally wrong.

I have yet to figure out how the lighting for one play is dramatically different from the lighting for another play when there's nothing crazy happening with color or effects. (That's more of a Tony's thing.)

• Love 1

I was under the impression that the art director comes up with the concept and then oversees what some of the more specific creative jobs do. So the art director would sketch out a look for the set and maybe give the costume person some inspiration and then continue to oversee the building of the set and the choices for costumes to make sure everything went together. That's probably totally wrong.

You're in the right ballpark.

An Emmy for Best Art Direction goes to a team - the production designer, the art director, and the set decorator.

The production designer is in charge of coordinating all the aesthetic aspects of the show. 

The art director is basically the director of scenic design, and is one of the people who reports to the production designer.

And the set decorator reports to the art director.

The Emmys continues to show a lack of diversity in their nominees in front of and behind-the-scenes. No Mindy Kaling, almost no Brooklyn 99 love, no Sofia V., etc.

I don't think that's fair, re: Sofia. She has been nominated every year but this one (and even won, I think), so it has nothing to do with race. She didn't deserve a nomination this year because all she did was screech and yell. Should she be nominated just because she's "diverse"?

I really hope Bob Newhart gets Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series. Is there much chance of that happening?

Didn't he win this last year for his first guest appearance? 

I have no problem with cable and/or Netflix shows getting Emmy nominations. Lots of people used to say that the invention of TV would threaten live theater, but Broadway still exists. Cable TV has been around for 40 years but great network TV shows still got made.

I have no problem with cable shows being nominated, because they are still on TV - although I agree they have an advantage without being interrupted by ads and being allowed more language and nudity. However, I have an issue with Netflix-only shows being nominated for best-on-TV awards, since they're not on TV. They're on people's computers. Why not nominate funny 30-minute YouTube videos for best comedy then? 

And it has nothing to do with cable threatening TV, or TV threatening Broadway. TV, movies and Broadway all co-exist, but they each have their own awards. 

Eh, I don't care. I used to love the Emmys, but it's impossible to keep up with TV nowadays and still have a life. So half the shows/stars there mean nothing to me, and I don't care who wins. Even the good speeches are meaningless if I don't know who's making it, what they're talking about, and what the in-jokes refer to.

• Love 6

I used to be pissed off that the Emmys were on a Monday (being a West Coaster and all).

But I'm realizing that instead of the Emmys taking over a good chunk of the weekend, I could actually do stuff on Sunday (then watch the VMAs).

Thank god I work from home and can finish early, though. I feel sorry for everybody else on the West Coast who will be stuck at work or in traffic during Seth's monologue.

Even though I'll be home in plenty of time (East coaster), I'll probably either DVR or wait until 30 minutes into the broadcst and then live-rewind (is there a word for this?) so I can fast forward through commercials and painfully awkward or mawkish moments. But the Red Carpet I will watch live and be here to talk about.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 2

But I'm realizing that instead of the Emmys taking over a good chunk of the weekend, I could actually do stuff on Sunday (then watch the VMAs).

It seems really weird to schedule two awards shows on the same night. On the one hand, the VMA's will probably feature more people I care about and will actually be entertaining. On the other hand, Emmy's... because of... reasons. I don't know.

ABay: Yes! I always have to watch the red carpets. Do we have a separate E! Live from the Red Carpet thread or should we just chat here? I am looking forward to the fashion (even though most of it will be boring) and mocking Giuliana Rancic. I would mock Kelly Osborne as well but seeing her on my TV makes me want to start throwing things so I usually fast-forward past her segments or keep the TV on mute.

It seems really weird to schedule two awards shows on the same night. On the one hand, the VMA's will probably feature more people I care about and will actually be entertaining. On the other hand, Emmy's... because of... reasons. I don't know.

Actually, the VMAs are on Sunday and Emmys on Monday. But, while the excuse has been that the Emmys were bumped to Mondays because of a Sunday Night Football preseason game on NBC, it was probably more likely the VMAs that forced the Emmys to move. (But why not have the Emmys this past Sunday?)

Anyways, looking back to when NBC last had the Emmys, the 2010 VMAs were on in September while the Emmys that year were in August. And in 2006, the VMAs were on a Thursday in August.

@aradia22, I assumed all Emmy live chat, including the Red Carpet, would be here. Unless someone starts another thread.* I watch the entire E! broadcast on mute because otherwise the level and amount of inanity would kill me.

*Please, no one do this.

• Love 2

I have no problem with cable shows being nominated, because they're still on TV-although I agree they have an advantage without being interrupted by ads and being allowed more language and nudity. However, I have an issue with Netflix-only shows being nominated for best-in-TV awards, because they're not on TV. They're on people's computers. Why not nominate YouTube videos for best comedy then?

And it has nothing to do with cable threatening TV or TV threatening Broadway. TV, movies and Broadway all co-exist, but they each have their own awards.

I respectfully disagree. I still believe that Netflix-based shows have a right to compete for Emmys because Netflix started as a new way for people to watch TV shows/movies without subscribing to cable. As for the Netflix/YouTube comparison, the difference between them is that YouTube was internet-based form the start. YouTube has original shows too, but since it  started on the web and has no current plans to change/expand into a TV network, giving those shows Emmy noms at this point would IMO be unfair. TV, movies and Broadway have their own award shows, but sometimes they and their hosts get nominated for Emmys. Streaming services like Netflix and Hulu have changed the way we look at television and while the same could be said of YouTube in some ways, so far none of its original shows have made the creative/cultural impact of Orange Is the New Black and they probably never will.

• Love 3

The mute is already on in preparation. It feels so weird to be doing this on a Monday. Also, god help us all, I'm doing this without an adult beverage. About half an hour from now I'll be looking for a liquor store that delivers.

First dress of the night. Taylor Schilling(?). I want to quote Lily von Shtupp here: How owdinawy. (note to self: time to rewatch Blazing Saddles).

Edited by ABay
  • Love 1

Taylor Schilling: The pattern of the beading on her dress is nice but the cut emphasizes her lack of curves and the color is very dry making her seem more pale and lifeless. Also, not loving the dark brows with the blond hair. 

Anna Chlumsky in Zac Posen: It's very pretty but it's too mature for her. I feel like it should have shoulder pads. Very Dynasty.

I don't drink. I cannot explain why I watch so many award shows.

OMG, Ryan Seacrest didn't even show up. I can't.

I do not think blonde is Giuliana's color.

No Ryan Seacrest! OMG! The Emmys are no longer even Seacrest-worthy!

Seriously -- what's he doing? Idol isn't taping, right?

Connecticut. I'm doing this while also washing the dishes, cleaning the litter boxes, and other housework.

Who is this now? Another white dress. Now this woman could've filled out Taylor's beaded dress. Interesting detail on the back.

Do not speak the absent one's name! We might invoke him like Beetlejuice. Just be grateful.

Edited by ABay

I don't know who we were looking at but someone had boob horns a la all the failed dresses from P-ject R-way this week.

Laverne Cox looks lovely in her Mark Bower gown. Clean and simple. Like an Amazonian goddess. Not totally in love with the strap at the neck but otherwise I like it.

Ricky Gervais has insanely long incisors. The first time I noticed them, I thought they were fake and would be revealed as part of a vampire skit.

Or canines. Those long pointy teeth. You know what I mean.

Edited by ABay

Connecticut. I'm doing this while also washing the dishes, cleaning the litter boxes, and other housework.

Who is this now? Another white dress. Now this woman could've filled out Taylors beaded dress.

I'm in New York. That's so productive. All I'm doing is browsing different webpages.

Laverne is also on Orange is the New Black. I don't watch it but I've heard her in some interviews talking about transgender issues.

No comment on Ricky Gervais and his partner.

What are your thoughts on the clutch cam? I feel like it's going to be more useless than the mani-cam. Most actresses and singers are just not that into nail art. I feel like it's really just Zooey Deschanel and Rita Ora. Otherwise, it's like... oh, great. You have oval-shaped nude nails. That's wonderful.