Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

According to Wiki Green ribbons are for….Meaning: This color is a symbol of childhood depression, missing children, open records for adoptees, environmental concerns, kidney cancer, tissue/organ donation, homeopathy, and worker and driving safety.

So, yeah. 

Wearing ribbons of any color irritates the fuck out of me.  This one is driving me to buy firearms and head to Hollywood.  Ridiculous.

I like James Cordon, but not a fan of The Late Late Show.

I will be at my table for one for one for not wanting Taraji to win an Emmy for Empire. I love her, but I am the one person who hates Empire. It is very soapy. I know, I am the worst.

• Love 2

I'm not sure what I want to see the most, now: John Oliver guesting on Empire (as the world's most unhip music mogul), or appearing on Jeopardy, and getting into a showdown with Alex Trebek.  I vote both!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 10

I asked earlier if there was a list of the order the awards would be announced. Found it:

1. Comedy Supporting Actress
2. Comedy Writing
3. Comedy Supporting Actor
4. Comedy Directing
5. Comedy Actor
6. Comedy Actress
7. Reality-Competition Program
8. Movie/Limited Series Writing
9. Movie/Limited Series Supporting Actress
10. Movie/Limited Series Directing
11. Movie/Limited Series Supporting Actor
12. Movie/Limited Series Actress
13. Movie/Limited Series Actor
14. Limited Series
15. Variety Series Writing
16. Variety Series Directing
17. Variety Sketch Series
18. Variety Talk Series
19. Drama Writing
20. Drama Supporting Actress
21. Drama Directing
22. Drama Supporting Actor
23. Drama Actor
24. Drama Actress
25. Comedy Series
26. Drama Series

Looks like we're entering the slow part (boring for me) of the Emmys. Can't wait for the Drama awards to roll around.

"I'm trying...really trying. But at this point I'd love if they just have presenters and no banter or schtick. The show would only be an hour and a half. And it would be soooo much better. "

This is what the Brits do for the BAFTAs, and it is a pleasure to watch. Even more amazingly, there are actually substantive converations on the red carpet. Something to look forward to.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 1

Nice one, Jerry.  Couldn't just catch that Emmy like a normal person and had to get yourself killed.  You are useless!

Really wanted Michael K. Williams to win just because I'll always love him for Omar, but I knew it was Bill Murray as soon as I saw his name.

Either they told Maggie and Liev to speed it up, or those two just really wanted to get the hell out of there.

Speaking of which, Francis McDormand doesn't have the time for this either!

• Love 3

I know nothing about Frances other than loving the work she does.  It appears she is an eccentric woman or one who works to present that persona.  Hard to know.  She seemed a little off.  I think I must have seen her accept an award for Fargo or at least be on the red carpet.  I just don't remember her this way.  Very odd.  

"I know fashion isn't her thing, but did Frances know she was going to the Emmys when she left the house?"

Yeah, a truly ugly dress. On the bright side, the speech was perfect, and so short, we didn't have to look at the dress too long.

Makes me feel like Frances didn't want to be there.