Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

I guess when everyone on the planet knows that the award is going to Jeffery Tambor, you might as well try to have fun with presenting.  Just wished Kimmel was funnier.

Of course, since I laughed at Samberg's juvenile Girls joke, maybe I'm not the best judge of this.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

Do all the presenters have to do their unfunny little schtick before getting on with the business at hand? First Ricky Gervais with that fake Emmy and then Jimmy Kimmel pretending (?) to eat the winner's name. Gross.

ETA: I'm guessing the green ribbons signify support for transgender people.

"The green ribbon is a symbol used to show support and create awareness for those suffering from various illnesses. In 17th Century England during and after the English Civil War the wearing of a sea-green ribbon symbolized affiliation with the ideals of the Levellers and later in the century with radical Whiggism."

Oh good god, hand me my rifle.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

Do all the presenters have to do their unfunny little schtick before getting on with the business at hand? First Ricky Gervais with that fake Emmy and then Jimmy Kimmel pretending (?) to eat the winner's name. Gross.

Gotta eat up time somehow

I actually do not mind the presenter schtick, even though I can see how people can dislike it. I guess I prefer it over scripted teleprompter stuff that the Emmy crew writes even if it is unfunny. At least I can mock the unfunny people. 

I swear, I sometimes wonder if Lorne Michaels is actually a mob boss or something.  Like if the former SNL don't suck up to him, they're taking a one way trip into the river or something.

Sorry Amy P. and S.  Never winning or being one of the break-out stars this year, isn't anywhere close to topping JLD.

Key & Peele!!

• Love 3

I can't complain...JLD is so freaking hilarious on Veep but I was hoping for a sentimental win for Amy Poehler. There should be more ties, dammit.

And LOL Julia's speech. Love her.

And Amy looks like Pennsytucket from OITNB in her hoodie.

• Love 4

According to Wiki Green ribbons are for….Meaning: This color is a symbol of childhood depression, missing children, open records for adoptees, environmental concerns, kidney cancer, tissue/organ donation, homeopathy, and worker and driving safety.

So, yeah. 

• Love 3

Lorn has plucked unknown comics from obscurity and given them the opportunity to become famous millionaires.  It is clear why so many love him.  His reputation among comics is that of a god.  

• Love 3