Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
susannot

The Annual Primetime Emmys Topic

Kerry Washington is auditioning for a job in a 1970s disco. Or the DWTS trophy.

Edited by ABay

Oh yay!, somewhere I can talk about the Emmys. First time in a decade that I'm gonna watch the Emmys. Fingers crossed for Jon Hamm.

Oh lord, Claire Danes does not look good. 

• Like 1

Lena Headey! Looks gorgeous. 

I like the design/pattern of Ellie Kemper's dress but the color is too similar to her skin tone. Different colors would've made it pop.

Kerry was funny with Ryan, though!

Emma Roberts' hair, dress and skin tone were all the same color.

I wonder if it's just really really difficult to dress Christina Hendricks? I don't know if I've ever seen her look good at an awards show.

• Like 1

Giuliana Rancic -- face, hair and dress all one color - she looks awful - still don't know how she got so lucky co-hosting these shows all these years with nary an ounce of charm, IMO.  

• Like 2

Amy Poehler -- horrible hair - looks like she forgot to blow it  - looks like she let it dry naturally and fell asleep on it. Also, that two piece dress hit her in the wrong spot. The bottom piece was too high-waisted; should have been lower. And I do not like her as a redhead.

Something positive? I thought Sarah Hyland looked great - pretty dress, nice color and gorgeous hair style

Why does Sofia Vergara bug me so much? She looks good, though I'm not wild about the gold fabric, looks matronly.

She's just always "on", if you know what I mean. She must be very tiring to be around.

• Like 2

She's just always "on", if you know what I mean. She must be very tiring to be around.

She may not be like that when no cameras are around.  She seems like she's always aware of that.

Am I watching the wrong channel? I seem to be seeing different people than other posters. Now I really want to see Sarah Hyland.

I've been lurking and it looks like most people here were watching E!  If you go to their website, they have a lot of pictures up already, although, I haven't seen Sarah's yet.

Edited by Shannon L.

I liked the opening number too. I find Andy's monologue amusing also. 

Is it bad that I would watch "Dick Whitman Horny Hobo"?

Edited by Misslindsey

Ah man, now I remember why I hate awards shows...just get to announcing winners already.

Anyway, it's been a long time since the last time I watch the Emmys, can anyone tell me if there is a certain order they hand out the awards?

• Like 1

It weirds me out how attractive I find Andy Samburg these days. 

I was just thinking how well his tux was fitting and how good he was looking. 

Unlike Pohler, she's looking a mess. 

• Like 1

Night is young, but so far I thought Andy Samberg was solid.  A few misses, but also some laughs, which is better then some.

Knew Allison Janney was winning.  Still no interest in ever watching Mom.

Edited by thuganomics85

I like Amy Poehler's hair color, but agree it could have been styled better. Maybe the heat affected the hairstyles. I never cared for her hair when it was so white blonde.

• Like 1

So far so good. Ady Samburg is doing a pretty good job of being funny, without falling into smug territory. Of course, he has nothing but good will from me for my beloved B99, so I am actively rooting for him here. 

• Like 1

saoirse

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.