Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Kerry Washington has done so much better in the past.

I like Lizzy Caplan's dress too. Though, I will be at my table for one for not loving Lizzy Caplan.

Just saw Sarah Paulson. Between her and Lena, I do not know which one is the worst.

Edited by Misslindsey

Gwen looked curvy in the photos from the VMA's yesterday but she looks so thin today. She looks like Gwyneth. I don't mind the lose silver outfit but I'm not a fan of the gold bands. 

Finally, we get a full length shot of Sarah Paulson. No words. 

What are your thoughts on nips in braless dresses? Yes, I'm referring to Kristen Wiig. I feel like you should just get a pair of pasties. What do they cost? $5?

OK, I finally came up with a snarky comment. It looks like Sarah Paulson is wearing her prom dress inside out.

It seems familiar. Wasn't there a British show a few years ago...Palace, maybe? Wow, I'm good: The Palace

I've switched to NBC. Voight is wearing the same get up he wore to the Creative Emmys. Possibly it's a different scarf...

Edited by ABay

Julia Roberts should get together with Sarah Paulson and play ping pong.They have balls, just need paddles. Wait, Roberts' look more like marbles. Ooh! I know what Sarah Paulson's dress reminds me of! Those little red squishy balls that magicians use to practice sleight of hand.

Edited by ABay

Now let's play, can Seth Meyers make me laugh even once during his monologue?

The dramas submitted at comedies joke got a bark of laughter. One "ha", if you will.

The joke about pills was silly but OK, it got a chuckle.

yes, he's made me laugh a few times as well! I say this as someone who knows who he is but have never actually seen him in anything.

Eta: love me some fraggle rock but I am an 80s kid!

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 1

yes, he's made me laugh a few times as well! I say this as someone who knows who he is but have never actually seen him in anything.

He insulted How I Met Your Mother, so I'll give credit for that. Not particularly funny overall.  They must have had a hard time getting bigger names for a Monday night broadcast no one knows is on.

• Love 3

Yup.  Was that really a speech written by the kids, or him being cute?  I could buy that the kids wrote it, although it was about at a ten-year-old level.

At least people in the Napa Valley are getting some invigoration from aftershocks.  This is really a slow start. 

Zooey's dress is very boring. I can see why they didn't bother with her, particularly as New Girl isn't doing well in the ratings. Allison looks OK from afar. Then you get close and the bodice is... confusing. Were those conscious choices? They couldn't be. Also her slicked back hair looks painful.

I bet Zooey fires her stylist.  She can't be happy she is standing behind her co-presenters dress and looks like she dressed for prom.

Wow.  Who dipped Matthew McConaughey in orange bronzer?

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1
Yup.  Was that really a speech written by the kids, or him being cute?  I could buy that the kids wrote it, although it was about at a ten-year-old level.

I was trying to decide, I think it was him being cute though.  But the whole thing made it okay for him to be reading a speech (I usually hate when actors do that).

I thought the opening was pretty funny.  It was the same three jokes repeated over and over, but it still made me smile.

I like it, aradia!

Janny won at the Creative Arts Emmys, too, for her role on Masters of Sex and I think the Emmy she just one is partly residual feeling for that.

Edited by ABay

Don't watch Louie, but I heard a lot of stuff about that episode, so I'm not surprised Louis C.K. won.  I do appreciate that he keeps his speeches short.

Kimmel was funny, but went on too long.

Didn't really see any of the comedies the actresses were in, but I was rooting for Captain Janeway!

Gervais' Netflix commercial was kind of cute. I wonder if they'll do anything like that for the actual show. Seth isn't much of an actor but neither is Fallon and he did more than monologues when he hosted.