Type keyword(s) to search

19 Parodies and Counting: The Goofy Thread

Aja
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Some Duggar die-hards have taken to Facebook and Twitter to launch a Kickstarter campaign in hopes of raising enough money to produce a documentary that will “uncover a vast liberal conspiracy to destroy a family of faith.” To date the campaign has raised only $45.00.

Bahahahahaha. Love.

ETA: even though fake, still love. What's say we do a Kickstarter to make this happen.

Edited by Bella
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well, this is interesting, and I suspect we'll have lots of discussion about it.

Lifetime is doing a movie about the Josh Duggar scandal, to include:

Filming begins in August, apparently.

And just to head this off at the pass, I visited our friends at Wikipedia to see if there might be some common ownership between Lifetime and TLC. Apparently there is not. Lifetime is owned by A+E, and TLC is owned by Discovery.

Bella, I'm 99% certain that's a parody site. Another article on that site reads "Josh Duggar To Host ‘To Catch A Predator’ Reality Series and

Lindsey Graham To Undergo Sex Change; Changing Name To “Lindsay”.

A Family’s Dark Secret will premiere late summer/early fall and will feature Adam Baldwin as Jim Bob Duggar, Blue Bloods star Bridget Moynahan as Michelle Duggar, and Haley Joel Osment as Josh Duggar.

It's obvious parody, but Haley Joel Osment as Josh is perfect casting.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16

Don't worry, it will happen eventually! Then you can say you called it.

That's the thing - it will happen eventually. Maybe not as a Lifetime movie, but I can guarantee you that about 18,000 aspiring novelists are fictionalizing this story as we speak.

(I am not one of them.)

• Love 12

That's the thing - it will happen eventually. Maybe not as a Lifetime movie, but I can guarantee you that about 18,000 aspiring novelists are fictionalizing this story as we speak.

(I am not one of them.)

I'm waiting for the Law and Order SVU episode. I can picture it now.

Instead of the Duggars, the family will be called Ragguds. And the cult will be called Journey to Advanced Training.

• Love 12

(I am not one of them.)

Not to mention umpteen tv mystery shows and movie studios.

• Love 2

I'm waiting for the science fiction version myself, in which a defrauding female time traveler encounters Joseph and takes him into the future. Or the Regency romance in which the tall, well-traveled missionary Derick rescues the beautiful Jill from her tyrannical father. Or the contemporary romance in which the dashing deprogrammer falls for his subject Jana after she's been lured away by adoring fans wanting her to have a better life. Or something with zombies.

The possibilities are endless.

• Love 12

I'm waiting for the science fiction version myself, in which a defrauding female time traveler encounters Joseph and takes him into the future. Or the Regency romance in which the tall, well-traveled missionary Derick rescues the beautiful Jill from her tyrannical father. Or the contemporary romance in which the dashing deprogrammer falls for his subject Jana after she's been lured away by adoring fans wanting her to have a better life. Or something with zombies.

The possibilities are endless.

Personally, I would like to see her as a bad ass on Walking Dead.  

• Love 2
I'm waiting for the Law and Order SVU episode. I can picture it now.
Instead of the Duggars, the family will be called Ragguds. And the cult will be called Journey to Advanced Training.

We all know it's coming. SVU is shameless about their "ripped from the headlines" episodes.
  • Love 4

Just from reading the title and the first couple of lines, I totally fell for it, but man, Haley Joel Osment gave it away. LMAO.

"Vancouver-based Hide ‘N’ Seek Films and LA-based Locked Door Entertainment have announced the start of production on A Family’s Dark Secret, a Lifetime movie that will cover the Duggar family molestation scandal."

That's what tipped me off.

• Love 4

Or the contemporary romance in which the dashing deprogrammer falls for his subject Jana after she's been lured away by adoring fans wanting her to have a better life.

I write contemporary romance. Tim Tebow arrives at the TTH, and sweeps Jana off her feet. He wins the starting QB job in Philadelphia, the Eagles win the Super Bowl, Tim and Jana have two kids, and they live happily ever after. ;-)

• Love 15

I write contemporary romance. Tim Tebow arrives at the TTH, and sweeps Jana off her feet. He wins the starting QB job in Philadelphia, the Eagles win the Super Bowl, Tim and Jana have two kids, and they live happily ever after. ;-)

I'm a dreamer as well and he is dreamy and Jana is just so sweet and freaking beautiful.  I can see them on the cover of a romance novel.  

My version does not have Jana wearing long skirts but a low cut sexy blouse and a mid thigh skirt with Tim kissing her neck. Courting rules and the littles are not there.  Hot sex in the bedroom in chapter 2 - before marriage of course.

• Love 3

The book comes with an insulin pump, right? Oy.

• Love 11

I'm a dreamer as well and he is dreamy and Jana is just so sweet and freaking beautiful.  I can see them on the cover of a romance novel.  

My version does not have Jana wearing long skirts but a low cut sexy blouse and a mid thigh skirt with Tim kissing her neck. Courting rules and the littles are not there.  Hot sex in the bedroom in chapter 2 - before marriage of course.

That might happen in the book right after Michelle leaves Jim Bob because her uterus no longer spits out children and she becomes sexually enlightened leaving her free to shave her head into a purple Mohawk and join a commune of nudist sexual self-awareness researchers. (you go girl)

• Love 5

This falls more into the fantasy category.    Said the Cowboys fan.

• Love 4

Don't worry, it will happen eventually! Then you can say you called it

"Duggars On Ice"       

Spin and jump your way thru life with the Duggars, soundtrack sung by Josie.

• Love 8

I'm trying to think of how to sell the other forum mods on having a fan fic/parody thread.

I've already got Jordyn falling down a rabbit hole and entering something like Alice's Wonderland.

• Love 14

I have a question. The Duggards and the Honey Boo Boo Mom are both desperate to be back on the air. I smell a marriage. Both have kids around the same age...right?

Well not really a question more a show pitch.

TLC I await my commission check.

• Love 8

I'm trying to think of how to sell the other forum mods on having a fan fic/parody thread.

I've already got Jordyn falling down a rabbit hole and entering something like Alice's Wonderland.

First, all of the mods here have to have names starting with J      :)         You could be Jella

For the more sophisticated audience, there is "Duggars, the Musical"        I have a call into Idina.     

I will be choreographing the show stopping "Righteously Fulfillment' number.       

• Love 10

For the more sophisticated audience, there is "Duggars, the Musical"        I have a call into Idina.    

I will be choreographing the show stopping "Righteously Fulfillment' number.

The Book of Duggar?

Avenue Duggar?

My Fair Duggar? A cranky elocution professor purposes to take on a Duggar girl as his protégé

The Duggars and I? A refined lady comes to be governess to the howlers and lost girls.

The possibilities are endless!

• Love 9
(edited)

"Duggars On Ice"       

Spin and jump your way thru life with the Duggars, soundtrack sung by Josie.

Don't they already walk on water?

Please I beg you all stop me.

I don't even watch this show.

Lots of us don't watch this show.

I've memorized several episodes. And I don't watch this show.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

The Book of Duggar?

Avenue Duggar?

My Fair Duggar? A cranky elocution professor purposes to take on a Duggar girl as his protégé

The Duggars and I? A refined lady comes to be governess to the howlers and lost girls.

'Fundie Girl"     

• Love 15

The Book of Duggar?

Avenue Duggar?

Kinky Duggars will be the award winner, though.

• Love 3

In your dreams the Eagles will win a Super Bowl :) Born and raised in Philly but a life long Cowboys fan and no my family did not disown me :).

• Love 3

I have a question. The Duggards and the Honey Boo Boo Mom are both desperate to be back on the air. I smell a marriage. Both have kids around the same age...right?

Well not really a question more a show pitch.

TLC I await my commission check.

I think there should be a celebrity mommie switch. Send Mama June to the Duggar home for a week and sent Michelle to the Honey Boo Boo hovel for a week. I bet both would come back changed people in a lot of ways.

• Love 7

You have to be older to get this one.

"Stop the Stink Bus, I want to get off"

Oh how about the Stink Bus of Love? The Duggars go on a cross country tour to try to find mates for their unmarried children.

• Love 7