Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Every Dream Has Its Price (Tag)

• Start Topic

(edited)

How on earth did I ever watch this show without irony??

I mean, I recognized the melodrama of it (and that got so bad that I eventually had to stop watching altogether) but there was a time (essentially season 1) when I still really liked the show. 

I was young! I got sucked into all the "messages"! I actually thought Brandon was cute! Damn you, 90210!

Edited by sinkwriter

Does Brandon ever get any less like a person you want to punch? Because all I wanted to do was punch him in the face. I think the show wants me to root for him but I can't.

QUITE THE OPPOSITE. He just keeps getting worse.

• Love 4

Cumin.

I forgot that Jim and Cindy (well, Cindy at least) had such a larger role.  The speed walking scene and the lovely 90s wardrobe almost did me in.  

I think the Peach Pit was supposed to be in the valley (gasp!).  Later on, it magically moved into down the corner where all West Beverly High students hang.

So Brandon was sanctimonious even back then.  I would not be surprised if in some far future sequel that Brandon became President Walsh of the United States.  And Dylan was at the inaugural ball wearing overalls with only one strap buttoned.

I actually think Brandon being a sanctimonious know-it-all is the best part of the show. I have watched a few more episodes, and so far he has had an indignant rant in each one of them. I really hope this trend continues so I can keep on laughing/cringing at him. "You can take your cumin, and you can shove it!" YEAAHHHH!

The cumin thing bugs too, because, cumin isn't a "sprinkle it on stuff" spice! It's strong and it does not go with everything... it's just such an odd choice. I don't know why I'm fixating on it either but it's been bothering me for like 2 days. 

• Love 2

Hey, I use Cast to listen to podcasts, and it hasn't updated Again with This since the first one. No problems with EHG, though. Any thoughts on if the problem is on this end, that end, or my end?

There's been 3 so far, and they loaded OK for me on the iOS podcast app.

I was out to dinner earlier in the week and ordered the chili, which was loaded with cumin. It was all you could taste and all I could think about was Dylan saying "delicious cumin" and that certainly didn't help the chili taste any better.

• Love 2

"That's Dylan- mad, bad, and dangerous to...underseason." You guys are killing me.

The coffee table Cindy was cleaning I think is still used or in style I have 2 friends with something similar.

Les Mis the book was taught to me as a freshman in HS. I think it was a good read just long and a lot of characters, history and themes to keep track of and muddle through in 2 months.

I can't get the words "delicious cumin" out of my head. It's haunting me. Every time I cook, I hear it. Actually, any time I walk into my kitchen, I hear "delicious cumin". I have to find a way to work that into an everyday conversation.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't get the words "delicious cumin" out of my head. It's haunting me. Every time I cook, I hear it. Actually, any time I walk into my kitchen, I hear "delicious cumin". I have to find a way to work that into an everyday conversation.

Same. I feel like I always want to find a way to say delicious cumin now. Also want to somehow use Dylan's s stupid " bad dangerous to know " speech.

Edited by WhosThatGirl