Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Wrecking Ball

(edited)

I'm a little mystified about Taylor's reaction to Carter and Max sleeping together. I can see her being angry with her sister. But does Max know she was boinking Ofey in the library during her drug craze? I don't remember if that came out when he confronted her about her pill popping. In any case, she's got some nerve being pissed off at him. Unless it's at his choice of boinkee. That I can understand. Or does this situation make more sense than I'm getting?

PS I forgot to mention how bummed out I was to see that it wasn't crash Elizabeth was tending with her blood splattered hand in the previews.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 2

I guess being one of five girls in my family,I feel very sympathetic towards the Taylor/Max/Carter thing (sister code!!!). Taylor used Ofe as a way to cope with everything she was feeling. The woman who kidnapped her twin sister as she watched, which ultimately led to her having a sheltered upbringing, is actually her biological "mother." That's a lot to take in. Add on her boyfriend being shot by her sis' bf, and you have full on drama. Yes Taylor used Ofe...but Max still loves and wants to be with Taylor and her SISTER knows that (and has full on encouraged it). I felt like Max and Carter were the only two that understood what Tay was going through and then they slept with each other for no reason other than feeling instant gratification.

• Love 3

I feel like they just kind of revamped the show. All of a sudden David & ELizabeth are back together, Crash is a good guy who is not only allowed in their lives, he's invited, his uncle is in jail, & Kyle is gone. I guess Gabe is going to be gone now too?, especially since he doesn't really have any kind of story & they already brought in that other guy. Oh yeah, and now Taylor is a bitch.

• Love 3

I also feel like this dumb show is trying to reboot itself...and they're doing a shit job of it. And yet, I'm just as addicted to watching it as I was during ep 1.

I was especially sad about Kyle because I really enjoyed the father/son bonding moment between him and Gabe. The Chinese food, Gabe's concern about leaving for college, the Tinder profile - I loved all of it.

I also found the restaurant name "The Italian Oven" to be hilarious. Is this a real place? I hope so because the thought of production creating a huge fake neon sign makes me giggle.

• Love 3

I know this is just a tv show, but I thought the way Elizabeth and Kyle handled saving Crash from his uncle was terrible, seems to me they should have waited for more backup.    I also hate that they killed off a characters only living parent, even though I know it's just a tv show.  I kind of wonder if they are going to have Gabe live with the Wilson's though. 

• Love 2

I also found the restaurant name "The Italian Oven" to be hilarious. Is this a real place? I hope so because the thought of production creating a huge fake neon sign makes me giggle.

As a matter of fact there is! There's one in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.

• Love 1
(edited)

How is it that everyone on this show is so self-centered, with the exception of the girl who got kidnapped, the boy who got shot, and the other boy who's invisible (and only appears for 5 minutes each episode). 

I could feel some sympathy for Taylor is she wasn't being such a hypocrite and if she hadn't been a gigantic bitch to both Max and Carter (and also Ofe) for the entire season. 

I guess being one of five girls in my family,I feel very sympathetic towards the Taylor/Max/Carter thing (sister code!!!). Taylor used Ofe as a way to cope with everything she was feeling. The woman who kidnapped her twin sister as she watched, which ultimately led to her having a sheltered upbringing, is actually her biological "mother." That's a lot to take in. Add on her boyfriend being shot by her sis' bf, and you have full on drama. Yes Taylor used Ofe...but Max still loves and wants to be with Taylor and her SISTER knows that (and has full on encouraged it). I felt like Max and Carter were the only two that understood what Tay was going through and then they slept with each other for no reason other than feeling instant gratification.

Right, but Carter has dealt with a lot to, with little support from her sister.  And in that moment between her and Max, she was also trying to cope.  My problem here is that Carter and Max weren't actively trying to hurt Taylor, but I can't say the same about her. 

Also, what kind of idiots trade in a stolen car????

Edited by luckyroll3

That was sort of ridiculous that Taylor was mad for a whole entire day, and then by the following day was on an apology tour. Her sister and her ex (with whom everyone knows there is unfinished business) had sex, but once again Carter is the superior one and Taylor has to go apologizing to everyone for telling Crash about it? No. She gets more time than that. Also, how was this a betrayal of Crash anyway? Hadn't he disappeared? Was Carter supposed to be faithful to him indefinitely?

Crash in the army cracks me up. Yeah, that's the guy I trust defending our national security! He's very reliable with a weapon!

Poor Kyle, but I knew he was a goner the second they gave him that bonding scene with his son. A bit anticlimactic that he died off-screen, though.

I also found it amusing that David thought breakups are best handled by phone. (And his was responded to with text acronyms)

• Love 2

That was sort of ridiculous that Taylor was mad for a whole entire day, and then by the following day was on an apology tour. Her sister and her ex (with whom everyone knows there is unfinished business) had sex, but once again Carter is the superior one and Taylor has to go apologizing to everyone for telling Crash about it? No. She gets more time than that. Also, how was this a betrayal of Crash anyway? Hadn't he disappeared? Was Carter supposed to be faithful to him indefinitely?

I completely agree. I think what Carter did was EXTREMELY f'ed up, and she deserved more than just Taylor telling Crash about it (which...big deal?). I loved how when Crash told her about Taylor spilling the beans, Carter's reaction was "did she tell you that Lori tried to kill herself?!"...oh, so THAT'S what makes it ok! GTFO Carter.

• Love 4
(edited)

I honestly don't know how this show expects to survive. It's not a matter of if Taylor was justified(I mean they've been broken up what a month, and Max sleeps with her twin sister. IMO Ofe is completely different, he's not really anything to Max and kind of sorta a friend to Taylor. So I think sleeping with the Twin sister thing is  waaay worst. But that's neither here nor there). In what world does a teenage girl get over her ex who everyone in the world knows is still in love with sleeping with her twin sister in the span of a day. It would never happen, even if her rage was completely over-the-top and outrageous it would be in character for a what 16 or 17 year old. But she tells Carter's "boyfriend" who could give a rats ass and really after almost killing said guy has really no moral ground to get pissy that he slept with a girl he left to go to the army. I actually thought Taylor would try to hook up with Crash(who looked better than he had all season this episode) and I was rooting for anything that would be realistic for a heartbroken teenager. But atlas we get Taylor apologizing to her sister and forgiving Max the very next day. What development and drama is this show trying to achieve?? This show is starting to remind me of like a grittier Full house, where all of the episodes drama is solved in one episode.

I hope the show doesn't make Carter a character where people are not allowed to express anger for longer than one episode, because we must remember that even though she does crappy things, she was once kidnapped. Characters like that become insufferable.

Also Crash has been gone what two weeks?? Everyone was acting as if he'd been gone months especially with the ending and him talking to Kyle. Again getting back to realism it would have been much more realistic had Crash froze and felt guilty and second-thought if he could actually make it in the army but nope after a couple weeks of basics, he's a pro.

Getting to Kyle what purpose did it serve to kill off a young kid's only living parent?? What is he going to do? I see Elizabeth taking him in out of guilt, the whole thing was pointless we already have Bird who while her parents are alive are never onscreen, now we have another kid with no parents.

Furthermore what in the heck was that speech Max gave??  I get that he's the attractive stoner but I would much prefer they didn't dumb him down too much.  

How old is everyone suppose to be 16 or 17?? Because I though they were seniors but Kyle told Gabe he still had his entire senior year. Are Crash and Max in their 20's or is Crash suppose to be older than Max. I was kind of skeeved out when Elizabeth described Crash as early twenties and he was dating and having sex with minors (Bird and Carter). 

Edited by Mrs.Reigns
  • Love 3

I LOL'ed when I saw this:

"The only bird(s) we see this week:

1804545219.jpg

I kind of wonder if they are going to have Gabe live with the Wilson's though. 

I hope not.... I rather not have a chance of seeing more Gape than we already do....;-x

(edited)

What were their SAT scores again? I totally missed that bit....

"Ofe has vanished, the Grandwilsons skipped an SAT-celebration dinner that had been planned for months, and for the life of me I can't figure out why else the show would have a scarred-up nasty piece of work like Shay driving a Miata." LOLROFLLMAO! I couldn't take Crash's uncle seriously when he was trying to be "gangsta" just for the sole fact that he drove a Miata....LOL

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 1

How old is everyone suppose to be 16 or 17?? Because I though they were seniors but Kyle told Gabe he still had his entire senior year. Are Crash and Max in their 20's or is Crash suppose to be older than Max. I was kind of skeeved out when Elizabeth described Crash as early twenties and he was dating and having sex with minors (Bird and Carter).

Taylor and Carter are 17 and are also juniors (the guidance counselor mentioned something about Carter possibly having to repeat her junior year because she has been missing so much school). I kind of assumed Max was the same age. I thought Crash was 18 maybe 19 but apparently he's in his 20s. I don't know why Carter's parents are ok with that...

Are Crash and Max in their 20's or is Crash suppose to be older than Max. I was kind of skeeved out when Elizabeth described Crash as early twenties and he was dating and having sex with minors (Bird and Carter). 

Wait, Crash is in his twenties?! I thought he was made to be still in his teens because wasn't he still going to high school with the rest of them last season? Or is he actually older then them + decided to go to regular high school instead of getting his GED? I don't think Max is that much older than them maybe by a year or two above or maybe he could be the same age + just graduated early/got GED/dropped out of school? I dunno.... The things that make you go hmmm....

• Love 1

How is it that everyone on this show is so self-centered, with the exception of the girl who got kidnapped

I actually find Carter to be one of the most self-centered characters on this show. She's sort of entitled to be self-centered, considering what's happened to her, but her actions are bordering on ridiculous. Justifying to Crash that she slept with Max because Lori tried to kill herself? Ugh. STFU, Carter.

I hope the show doesn't make Carter a character where people are not allowed to express anger for longer than one episode, because we must remember that even though she does crappy things, she was once kidnapped. Characters like that become insufferable.

Become? Carter's just about there for me. Again, I get it, she's had to deal with such shitty issues, all of which were the result of the parent figures in her life, and none of which Carter had any control per se, but I'm getting tired of the people around her that she hurts being made to feel guilty for being angry at her for the stupid mistakes she keeps making.

I actually thought Taylor would try to hook up with Crash(who looked better than he had all season this episode) and I was rooting for anything that would be realistic for a heartbroken teenager.

I so thought this was where they were going to, not that Crash would have done it, and I was very happy that they didn't.

Wait, Crash is in his twenties?! I thought he was made to be still in his teens because wasn't he still going to high school with the rest of them last season? Or is he actually older then them + decided to go to regular high school instead of getting his GED?

Huh? I thought he was 18 or 19? And I don't remember him going to highschool classes with the gang. It was established when they first introduced Max, maybe even as far back as ep 1 when they get caught at the carousel that started this whole mishegas, that he was just done with highschool. So that would make him 19ish?

• Love 3
(edited)

I actually find Carter to be one of the most self-centered characters on this show. She's sort of entitled to be self-centered, considering what's happened to her, but her actions are bordering on ridiculous. Justifying to Crash that she slept with Max because Lori tried to kill herself? Ugh. STFU, Carter. 

I had to LOL @ the exact moment she told Crash about Lori trying to commit suicide to try to justify sleeping with Max.... Like, you for real saying that is the reason why it was okay to do it? I hope she doesn't become worse as in trying to use the fact that she got kidnapped twice as her excuse to every time gets called out for shitty behavior.... Okay, byebitchbye!

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 1

@Ori, don't know if you meant to call Gabe "Gape" but I'm probably stealing that.

Yeah, I decided that from now on to call Gabe, "Gape", because....welp.... he looks like an ape.... I would be honored if people started calling him that after me! LOL

• Love 2

Wait, Crash is in his twenties?! I thought he was made to be still in his teens because wasn't he still going to high school with the rest of them last season? Or is he actually older then them + decided to go to regular high school instead of getting his GED? I don't think Max is that much older than them maybe by a year or two above or maybe he could be the same age + just graduated early/got GED/dropped out of school? I dunno.... The things that make you go hmmm....

Apparently when Elizabeth put out the APB I guess that's what its called she described Crash as early twenties. My head nearly spun.

• Love 2

Apparently when Elizabeth put out the APB I guess that's what its called she described Crash as early twenties. My head nearly spun.

Right? If Crash is really in his twenties then why haven't Elizabeth or David used that as an argument as to why Carter shouldn't be with Crash back @ any point? Elizabeth would be the type to do that....Hmmm....And, if any of them have done that already then my memory is shit....;-x

(edited)

Become? Carter's just about there for me. Again, I get it, she's had to deal with such shitty issues, all of which were the result of the parent figures in her life, and none of which Carter had any control per se, but I'm getting tired of the people around her that she hurts being made to feel guilty for being angry at her for the stupid mistakes she keeps making.

I so thought this was where they were going to, not that Crash would have done it, and I was very happy that they didn't.

Huh? I thought he was 18 or 19? And I don't remember him going to highschool classes with the gang. It was established when they first introduced Max, maybe even as far back as ep 1 when they get caught at the carousel that started this whole mishegas, that he was just done with highschool. So that would make him 19ish?

I agree with everything here, Carter does this thing where she blames herself rightfully so for things she's done just so other people can go "it's not your fault you've been through so much. I found Max's excuse just as stupid so if him and Taylor were still together and Carter was unconsolable would he had still done it because it was something to do to make themselves feel better. I would have rather them say there was no excuse and leave it at that. People shouldn't be caught in the crossfire everytime life gets too hard for Carter.

And I won't say I was hoping Taylor would jump Crash but I wanted some drama I guess. I mean nothing really happened Taylor was still talking to both Max and Carter wasn't really rude or anything she just cried about it. Now while that is mature and nice doesn't do much to spice up the show. So I was hoping she would do more than just tell Crash. But now that I know he's 20-something it feels kind of gross.

And yes I think everyone was under the impression that Crash was 18 or at most 19 but per Elizabeth he's early twenties. Which is really strange that a cop for a mom wouldn't even blink at the age difference. That may have been a mistake though on the writer's part. Idk.

Right? If Crash is really in his twenties then why haven't Elizabeth or David used that as an argument as to why Carter shouldn't be with Crash back @ any point? Elizabeth would be the type to do that....Hmmm....And, if any of them have done that already then my memory is shit....;-x

Your guess is as good as mine. I mean they could have created a while storyline around that, but ofcourse like everything else they gloss right over it. Never even a mention of the age difference which is why last night took me by surprise. Edited by Mrs.Reigns
  • Love 3

Since they've suddenly rewritten him into a good guy, and a fellow kidnap victim, Carter & Crash are a perfect pair now. There's no way either David or Elizabeth are going to stop him from coming around.

• Love 2

I was also surprised by Taylor's dismissive behavior towards the Max&Carter chronicles after like...a day? Actually it was more like ten minutes because honestly she didn't even seem all that mad,per se, as much as she was confused/upset when she found out. Considering the fact that for episodes now, Taylor has irrationally lashed out at inappropriate moments (like a teen) and needlessly hurt others to validate her own feelings (like a teen) it's a tad odd that the one time that she actually has a reason to be unreasonable (like a teen lol)...they have her go all, "It's Ok, It's fine," syndrome on us.

I think she was just done with all of them at that point though. She just seemed too defeated to get raging mad or care about her awesome SAT scores and sort of stuck to passive aggressive comments when she could summon the bite. I actually really liked her this episode though and had similar thoughts of, "Is she going to sleep with Crash?" (whose name is apparently Cameron? I did not know this lol) I wouldn't have been adverse to it;} 

Carter's rush to throw that whole "Lori's breakdown" excuse Crash's way should have been a HUGE red flag to old boy. Apparently it's OK to sleep with Max if there is emotional turmoil in Twin A's life- so what's she going to do if she get's in a fight with Crash or if Lori's trial turns out even worse than I think it will? That should have been his cue to squeeze in a little, "Yeah I totally understand but (just so we're clear) if we're gonna continue to be a "thing" there cannot be anymore 'stupid mistakes' capiche?" 

My main eye roll about "Finding Carter" is its flippant use of plot threads. For example, Gabe has an affair with the counselor and we're teased with the idea that Kyle is eventually going to find out the identity of the under-aged student (his son) when...nothing. (Well nothing until one of the vital characters in that plot verse kicked it this episode) Bird's parents skip town and most likely the country and it's only brought up again as a way to manipulate a bond between Madison and Bird over their shared wonky parentals. Grant barks at his would-be girlfriend because of his abandonment issues, who in turn is too disgruntled to even answer his Skype calls and then we never hear from her again? (I guess they "broke up") I understand that the main story line of Carter&Taylor with crazy Mama Lori gazing through the cracks in the door takes priority over the side characters drama, but it's like a black hole shows up at the end of each episode and gobbles up the extras- though occasionally its spits some back out (Crash). 

I just wish the writers were a little more consistent. 

• Love 2

Also Crash has been gone what two weeks?? Everyone was acting as if he'd been gone months especially with the ending and him talking to Kyle. Again getting back to realism it would have been much more realistic had Crash froze and felt guilty and second-thought if he could actually make it in the army but nope after a couple weeks of basics, he's a pro.

Admittedly, I don’t give this show 100% of my attention, but I THINK Crash said he finished basic which is 10 weeks.  Although, I don’t know about the EMT-type training he was performing.  They didn’t have that in MY basic training but that was 20 years ago and another branch so maybe it is something they do during war-time and/or the Army.

I thought when Elizabeth put out the APB she was describing the guys that nabbed Crash (uncle?  Cousin?  I have no idea).  Although, they also don’t seem early twenties either so maybe it was Crash. 

I don’t know.  This show confuses me.  I honestly don’t know why I’m watching it anymore.  Oh, wait, yes I do.  Alexis Denisof.  My Wesley love will make me watch anything this man does forever even if it’s terrible.

• Love 3

Admittedly, I don’t give this show 100% of my attention, but I THINK Crash said he finished basic which is 10 weeks.  Although, I don’t know about the EMT-type training he was performing.  They didn’t have that in MY basic training but that was 20 years ago and another branch so maybe it is something they do during war-time and/or the Army.

I thought when Elizabeth put out the APB she was describing the guys that nabbed Crash (uncle?  Cousin?  I have no idea).  Although, they also don’t seem early twenties either so maybe it was Crash. 

I don’t know.  This show confuses me.  I honestly don’t know why I’m watching it anymore.  Oh, wait, yes I do.  Alexis Denisof.  My Wesley love will make me watch anything this man does forever even if it’s terrible.

It's been 10 weeks between the two or three episodes Crash has been gone??? WOW I guess.

And she described two men in their early thirties (Uncle and Guy) and One in his early twenties which has to be Crash. 

It's been 10 weeks between the two or three episodes Crash has been gone??? WOW I guess.

And she described two men in their early thirties (Uncle and Guy) and One in his early twenties which has to be Crash. 

It didn't seem like it SHOULD have been 10 weeks, but that's how long basic training is and I thought Crash said he was done with basic training.

And, I'm sure you're right about the ages.  Like I said, I wasn't paying full attention.  ;)

• Love 1

I miss Grant.

Did this show ever clarify who grant's egg donor was? Was it also Lori or someone else? Speaking of dropped plot developments... this a huge gaping plot hole! Why hasn't he even asked his parents about this? Or the girls? It is ruining my ability to pay attention to anything else, it is so distracting.

Carter's rush to throw that whole "Lori's breakdown" excuse Crash's way should have been a HUGE red flag to old boy. Apparently it's OK to sleep with Max if there is emotional turmoil in Twin A's life- so what's she going to do if she get's in a fight with Crash or if Lori's trial turns out even worse than I think it will? That should have been his cue to squeeze in a little, "Yeah I totally understand but (just so we're clear) if we're gonna continue to be a "thing" there cannot be anymore 'stupid mistakes' capiche?" 

Except were she and Crash even together at that point? He left to join the army, without really telling her.  Then he doesn't respond to any of her letters.  I think that gives Carter the right to sleep with whoever she wants.  

I do think Taylor has a right to be mad at Carter, but Crash doesn't.  Like I don't think Taylor has a right to be mad at Max either.  She slept with Ofe so she can't complain about Max doing the same thing..

• Love 3

I do think Taylor has a right to be mad at Carter, but Crash doesn't.  Like I don't think Taylor has a right to be mad at Max either.  She slept with Ofe so she can't complain about Max doing the same thing..

I don't think Taylor has a right to be mad at Carter because Carter & Max were sleeping together before Taylor even met him, and Taylor knew this.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Taylor has a right to be hurt because, while you don't have a right to dictate to your ex whom you dumped about his sex life generally (particularly if you yourself as sleeping with someone else), you have the right to expect it not to be your sister. Likewise, you have the right to expect your sister not to sleep with your ex. This is slightly altered by the existing relationship between Max and Carter when Taylor met him. But that has a lot more to do with mitigating Max and Carter's actions and perspectives than Taylor's hurt. And I agree that I would expect her to be mad for more than a day. I don't hate that she apologized for lashing out, but you can feel shitty about your actions made in anger and still be justifiably angry over the original issue.

As for Carter using Lori's attempted suicide as an excuse, I didn't see it that way. Carter wasn't saying it was an excuse, but rather explaining her state of mind at the time. Carter was legitimately devastated* and she and Max have a long history of turning to one another for emotional support. Carter reached for something familiar when she was in need and, yes, gave no though to Taylor. But I don't think she was thinking much at all. As for Max, his being less upset at the time gives him less reason, but it would still be a patter for him too. None of that makes it OK, but calling Carter selfish is unfair, it was more without thought for than without regard for Taylor.

P.S. Still don't care about Crash. Glad he didn't die since mourning him would be as annoying to watch as the character himself, but still... I will never care about or like him.

*Again, I CANNOT BELIEVE that the "doctor" training Lori thought it was a good idea to contact Lori's minor victim and allow her to see Lori without even speaking to her parents.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3

I don't think Taylor has a right to be mad at Carter because Carter & Max were sleeping together before Taylor even met him, and Taylor knew this.

Yeah, but that was over and Carter was encouraging Taylor to get back together with Max.  

I don't think she should be unforgivably mad, but I do think she can be mad for a little while.  But just with Carter.  With Max she can certainly feel hurt, but can't really be mad when she was sleeping with someone else first.

• Love 1

I miss Grant.

Did this show ever clarify who grant's egg donor was? Was it also Lori or someone else? Speaking of dropped plot developments... this a huge gaping plot hole! Why hasn't he even asked his parents about this? Or the girls? It is ruining my ability to pay attention to anything else, it is so distracting.

I believe Grant is actually their kid.  If I'm remembering correctly, everyone was shocked to learn that Elizabeth was pregnant with Grant.

I was especially sad about Kyle because I really enjoyed the father/son bonding moment between him and Gabe. The Chinese food, Gabe's concern about leaving for college, the Tinder profile - I loved all of it.

Unfortunately, that scene was a dead giveaway that Kyle was a goner. As soon as the guns came out, I thought of that scene and knew what was about to happen.

My main eye roll about "Finding Carter" is its flippant use of plot threads. For example, Gabe has an affair with the counselor and we're teased with the idea that Kyle is eventually going to find out the identity of the under-aged student (his son) when...nothing. (Well nothing until one of the vital characters in that plot verse kicked it this episode)

I seemed to me that Kyle figured it out when Gabe was pretending not to know who the student was but chose not to push it if Gabe didn't want to tell him.

I so did not miss Crash. Can he please just go off to a better life and never come back? At least his hair was less stupid this time.

Taylor, Max, and Grant (Elizabeth was alright, too) were the few truly likable characters from the first season, so I'm not sure why the show decided to ignore poor Grant (again) this season while entangling the first two in all of this relationship drama where neither side comes off looking great.  It seemed as though the showrunners really liked Alex Saxon (Max) in the first season, so why in the world did they decide to stick him in this shitty storyline in season 2?  I wanted to see more happy Taylor/Max in season 2, not this crap that we're getting.  They've ruined the cuteness from the first season, and I'm not sure I can root for Taylor/Max to ever get back together again.  Poor Alex Saxon, what has he done to deserve these "sleeping with the ex's sister" storylines (see The Fosters)?

• Love 2

What were their SAT scores again? I totally missed that bit....

I know you asked this a million years ago, but I DVR'd the season and am just now catching up.  Taylor got 2300 and Carter got 1600 on their SATs.