Type keyword(s) to search

Late Night With Seth Meyers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, possibilities said:

I love LIzzo. I don't really like the drinking segments, but Lizzo makes everything likable.

Yes to Lizzo making the drinking segment better, but I still turned it off because, in my experience, drinking that much is never a good thing unless you’ve had a bad encounter with poison ivy or poison oak leaves.

Also, in the memorable words of a Scottish, non-judgmental teetotaler I met decades ago: Why make one’s self stupid? 

Edited by shapeshifter

I can't imagine doing that much imbibing in the middle of the afternoon, but Day Drinking with Seth is always fun to watch! Lizzo is a great drinking buddy.

Wag the Bag!

You call me bitch a hundred more times, and we're gonna have a problem!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I’m usually just okay with Jokes Seth Can’t Tell, but this one was hilarious! Mostly I loved how much they were cracking themselves and each other up. And the more meta Seth gets about his show, the more I love it—lamp shading the rule of threes, subverting expectations. Also why Corrections is my favorite!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I thought Colin Quinn was hilarious. I love the idea that animals evolved beyond small talk. I thought I didn't like him, though I can't remember why, so it was an especially pleasant surprise to find him so funny. His angst over what the chatbot thought he was like was also funny to me. 

*My reaction might be partly because I find small talk agonizing and unnatural. It never occurred to me that I might just be "evolved beyond it" 🤣

• LOL 2

Last night’s A Closer Look was hilarious! I loved the conch shell gag, but when he took a bow after the Mr. Poppinscotch scene I heard Jon Lovitz’s voice in my head shouting, “Acting!”

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I think all of Seth’s impressions are hilarious, his Mike Lindell and Rudy impressions are a crack up.

I like that he admits that Mike Lindell sounds nothing like one of the Super fans but it is still hilarious.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I think all of Seth’s impressions are hilarious, his Mike Lindell and Rudy impressions are a crack up.

Including his impression of TFG!

And I think he briefly did De Niro the other night in the middle of an interview. Totally nailed it.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, ahisma said:

“Eat bugs, you [rhymes with Tucker]!!!” 

Fantastic night for Seth to come back!

Yes, I’m torn between imagining Seth and his writers saying to themselves: “This is it. We just wrote ourselves an Emmy!”  
or were they just taking turns giddily exclaiming “And eating bugs! With pudding! This stuff just writes itself!” 
Since the Closer Look segment does not write itself, probably both: 

But they did luck out on having exactly enough time to write and produce the segment.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

It was great to see Lucinda Williams - I've always liked her songs. I was wondering why they started the segment with her already seated, so I did some searching and discovered that she had a stroke in 2020 and has some mobility issues. And can't play her guitar any more 😩

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1

I loved the comeback Closer Look extravaganza. My favorite things Seth imitating all the former presidents on a podcast, and seeing Wally with the 200 cue cards. My only regret is that I don't think there were any animal references, so there's no reason to do an Animal Flubs segment on Corrections.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Lois Sandborne said:

I loved the comeback Closer Look extravaganza. My favorite things Seth imitating all the former presidents on a podcast, and seeing Wally with the 200 cue cards. My only regret is that I don't think there were any animal references, so there's no reason to do an Animal Flubs segment on Corrections.

My Peacock app got glitchy halfway through.🤬
Sounds like I should try again.

Loved when he talked about his family putting up with him for 5 months and his 7 yr old told him "Not only do I not care today what Rudy Giuliani did I won't care what Rudy Giuliani  did tomorrow either".  

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

They also put it up on YouTube.  All 30 minutes of it.

I liked the interplay between Seth, Amber and Jenny during the Jokes Seth Can't Tell segment.

• Like 1

Jokes Seth Can't Tell is always my favorite thing.

I had forgotten about Corrections!

I'm not a fan of Tracy Morgan, but I enjoyed the Chris Hayes interview, even though I rarely watch his show. I used to listen to his podcast and I always found it really intersting. I can't remember why I stopped.

• Like 4
On 10/3/2023 at 3:37 PM, shapeshifter said:

Yeah, it's definitely worth watching.

14 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

That Bill Cosby joke was amazing

All the way through Amber doing the jazz hands thing with her face. My favorite thing about everybody coming back is how obviously giddy they are to be there. I mean, Seth, Jenny, and Amber were pretty much floating through that whole segment and I just loved it.

• Like 3
On 10/4/2023 at 10:37 PM, Lois Sandborne said:

All the way through Amber doing the jazz hands thing with her face.

Which is from one of the intros to The Cosby Show, it was just so funny how she played it.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
20 hours ago, possibilities said:

It's back!

Also, this is Fred Armisen's David Byrne impression. Honestly, I Iove it. It's the first thing Fred's ever done that I enjoyed.

Well, by all means, let's take a gander at that, because the alternative name for my FF button is "F. Armisen."

• LOL 3
On 10/7/2023 at 7:42 PM, candall said:

Well, by all means, let's take a gander at that, because the alternative name for my FF button is "F. Armisen."

It might be especially amusing to me because of my familiarity with Talking Heads of a particular era. 

My ex was really into them but didn't understand why. So she played some for me and asked what I thought. And I just found them delightfully hilarious. 

So, a knock off strikes me the same way.

Also, Bill Hader does a dead on impression in the background. It's like a  flashback in imposter clothing. PERFECTION.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought he was kidding when he said Santos said the baby was not his yet. But that really happened. I found it reported on multiple non-humorous outlets after the show.

Same.  I kept waiting for the punchline.  Or to find that the baby was actually a doll or something.  

I've been watching YouTube clips, as well as listening to Seth's podcast with his brother.  I'm finding him funnier now than I have in years past, but I want to reach through my device to grab him by the neck and scream "Please learn subjective versus objective pronouns!  I'm so tired of hearing you say "I" when you should say "me"!"

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Quof said:

I've been watching YouTube clips, as well as listening to Seth's podcast with his brother.  I'm finding him funnier now than I have in years past, but I want to reach through my device to grab him by the neck and scream "Please learn subjective versus objective pronouns!  I'm so tired of hearing you say "I" when you should say "me"!"

I share your visceral reaction to that particular grammar error, but I suspect if you and I live long enough, subjective and objective pronouns will become interchangeable — at least in most venues.
teddy.png

Edited by shapeshifter
comma
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, Quof said:

Someone should report this to "Corrections".

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
On 10/18/2023 at 8:25 AM, Quof said:

On 10/18/2023 at 12:58 PM, possibilities said:

Someone should report this to "Corrections".

@possibilities right now...

Edited by wknt3
Corrections
  • LOL 3

Happy new year of Late Night! 

I thought the Monday night monologue joke about the guy who jumped into the Bass Pro Shop aquarium (low-hanging fruit/high-hanging fruit)  should have been saved for Surprise Inspection. And then there was a Surprise Inspection Tuesday! Yes, the jokes got even worse! 😂

• Like 1