Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, xaxat said:

Remember when everybody was begging Jeannie to take over management of the team because they thought her brother was running the franchise into the ground?

It means Jeannie is just as bad as Jim was. At least their dad knew to hire The Logo.

ETA: Damn, the East is getting verrrry interesting.

Edited by AimingforYoko
Toronto being Toronto
  • Love 3

I'm shocked as hell right now & pretty happy that the Clippers put some life in that nap-inducing series last night. Game 1 was a suckfest as usual (Stephen Curry breaking Ray Allen's record for made 3 pointers in the Playoffs would do that to you). Game 2 was another suckfest in the making (being pummeled by 31 points & Curry being Curry) & by a miracle, the Clippers came back in the 4th Quarter & won. Its too bad that those Warriors put me to sleep by halftime & I missed the epic comeback. Right now, I'm laughing at those Warriors. 

BTW, De Marcus Cousins got hurt in the 1st Quarter. I'm sure that he's OK. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Magog said:

I'm shocked as hell right now & pretty happy that the Clippers put some life in that nap-inducing series last night. Game 1 was a suckfest as usual (Stephen Curry breaking Ray Allen's record for made 3 pointers in the Playoffs would do that to you). Game 2 was another suckfest in the making (being pummeled by 31 points & Curry being Curry) & by a miracle, the Clippers came back in the 4th Quarter & won. Its too bad that those Warriors put me to sleep by halftime & I missed the epic comeback. Right now, I'm laughing at those Warriors. 

BTW, De Marcus Cousins got hurt in the 1st Quarter. I'm sure that he's OK. 

Oof. They think torn quad and out for the playoffs pending MRI.

BBall Breakdown guy breaks down the comeback:

• Love 1

Tonight's playoff games put me to sleep. Thankfully, I woke up just in time to see the Thunder blow it in the last 3 minutes of the game. What a bunch of losers. The Thunder should be ashamed of themselves for basically getting their butts kicked by the Blazers & letting Damian Lillard put them away in spectacular fashion. 

I have to admit I do not know who these Clippers are (because I am one of those people who pay attention to whatever the media tells me in the regular season, and then watch The Finals), but I love them now.  I’m actually rooting for the Warriors to win the whole thing because I know how annoyed it will make so many, but these two definitely make me want to pay attention and see what LA does next year.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Great interview!  What’s the meaning behind the upside down 23?

6 hours ago, mojoween said:

I have to admit I do not know who these Clippers are (because I am one of those people who pay attention to whatever the media tells me in the regular season, and then watch The Finals), but I love them now.  I’m actually rooting for the Warriors to win the whole thing because I know how annoyed it will make so many, but these two definitely make me want to pay attention and see what LA does next year.

These guys were articulate, honest and gave the answer to the question better than it deserved.  I don't know who they are either, but I hope to hear more from them.

The 23 has got to be some sort of reference to Jordan or LeBron, no?

12 hours ago, doodlebug said:
18 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Great interview!  What’s the meaning behind the upside down 23?

19 hours ago, mojoween said:

Read more  

These guys were articulate, honest and gave the answer to the question better than it deserved.  I don't know who they are either, but I hope to hear more from them.

The 23 has got to be some sort of reference to Jordan or LeBron, no?

I assumed LeBron or Jordan, but wonder why upside down?

(edited)

I told you that those Warriors have no problems when it comes to the Western Conference. The game was somewhat close last night. But, I knew from the start that James Harden & the Rockets was not going to win Game 2. This series is most definitely over & even if James Harden & the Rockets win Game 3 (which they won't), their chances of beating those Warriors are slim & most certainly none.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think that the 4OT game between the Nuggets and Blazers was a really good game. That series could end up being a long series.

I am glad that the Rockets won tonight against the Warriors and extended the series. PJ Tucker and especially Eric Gordon did a nice job of helping them get the win tonight. I think they were the difference makers for the team, especially since Kevin Durant played extremely well. 

I thought that James Harden and Chris Paul were dribbling the ball too much towards the end of the fourth. They both seemed hesitant to shoot the ball at points throughout this game. I think that James eyes may have been bothering him, I'm not sure what was going on with Chris. I do believe if they had not wasted so much time towards the end they maybe could have won without this game going to OT. But they won and James did make a couple of critical shots towards the end, to help seal the win.

The ending was also a little odd, with the Warriors not trying to make an effort to win in like the last 18 seconds or so. And Steph missed another easy shot. he had multiple easy shots he missed tonight. His step was a bit slower tonight, though that is unusual for him.

The Rockets definitely need to bring the same fight and intensity they brought in tonight's game going forward if they really want to make this a series. (And try to give themselves a better chance of winning it.)

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 2

I'm keeping a particularly close eye on Jokic today. Because I'm kind of worried he's going to collapse into a giant pulled muscle after going sixty five minutes the last game.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kevin Durant got hurt near the end of the 3rd Quarter (he's got a sprain calf, its probably nothing) & in a surprise to nobody, the Rockets found a way to lose tonight (104-99). James Harden didn't show up in the 4th Quarter (idiot) and Steph (25 points) & Klay (27 points & the clinching basket at the end) got out of their slump tonight.

I knew that James Harden & the Rockets will find a way to mess it up. Even when they somehow won Games 3 & 4 (they tried to give those games away), I still didn't think they would win the series. Right now, I'm certain that James Harden & the Rockets will find a way to mess it up again in Game 6 and/or 7 (if it gets to 7)).

As for those Celtics, they got their ass kicked again tonight & their season is over. HA HA!!

I only feel bad for Kyrie Irving for his bad performances against the Bucks. The rest of them losers (including coach Brad Stevens) & especially Paul Pierce (for thinking the series is over after Game 1) can get lost & stay lost for all I care.

Edited by Magog

I couldn't stay up for the 4th quarter, but it looks like Curry finally woke up and was able to hit some key baskets. With the day off, I'd be surprised if Durant isn't ready to do. 

Nah, no more Durant for at least a couple of games so the Splash Bros will just have to beat Houston on their own - not impossible if not very likely. Of course, Harden is famous for choking at the end of playoff series so maybe the basketball gods will inspire him to do so again!

I was so nervous I could not watch the first half of the game last night and tuned in just as the Warriors were up 20 and then proceeded to give up the lead after the half, justifying my instinct to not be watching live (I am apparently a jinx on my beloved team)...but then we won and so now for at least today, all is well.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ganesh said:

He's officially out for game 6.

He's not being re-evaluated until next week, so he's also out for the inevitable Game 7.

I thought I was the only Dubs fan who couldn't actually watch much of the games. I am the Jinx.

(edited)

Very disappointing loss for the Rockets. They should have done more in game 5, especially after KD went out. If they won that game, I do believe they could have won this series. And Steph hasn't played that well in this series either. (Though he played better in the 2nd half tonight.)

I think that James and Chris Paul did a bit too much deferring at times in this series. At multiple times throughout the series, they both seemed hesitant to shoot. 

Hopefully, the Nuggets or Trailblazers will play the Warriors better than the Rockets did. Maybe Denver can upset them. If not them, then maybe the Bucks, who I could see being in the finals. 

I am glad we are getting two game 7's on Sunday. I think that the Raptors will beat the 76ers and I think that the Nuggets or Trailblazers could go either way.  I like Portland better than Denver, but I think that Denver would be more competitive against the Warriors. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Wow, Curry spotted the Rockets literally the entire first half. Kerr ran 11 people in and out and they were tied at the half. 

It's an elimination game at home. Houston is no more, and should not be in the conversation. 

21 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Rockets will blow this.

Last night's performance was about as surprising as water is wet. Stephen Curry whooped their sorry asses in the 2nd half with 33 points and mocking James Harden & the Rockets in the process. Those scummy Warriors didn't need Kevin Durant tonight in beating the sucky Rockets.

Very disappointing loss for the Rockets. They should have done more in game 5, especially after KD went out. If they won that game, I do believe they could have won this series. And Steph hasn't played that well in this series either. (Though he played better in the 2nd half tonight.)

I think that James and Chris Paul did a bit too much deferring at times in this series. At multiple times throughout the series, they both seemed hesitant to shoot. 

I knew since day one of the NBA Season (like last season) that James Harden & the Rockets are going to mess it up again as usual. I don't ever want to hear anymore about James Harden being an elite NBA player because he can't seem to deliver against those Warriors when it counts. That idiot couldn't find a way to get his team a 50 point performance & give the Rockets any type of hope of winning the series. And Chris Paul didn't do himself any favors any this series. His performance was very mediocre at best. I was expecting more from him & he didn't deliver either. At least these losers won't go 0-27 in Game 7 like last year.

Hopefully, the Nuggets or Trailblazers will play the Warriors better than the Rockets did. Maybe Denver can upset them. If not them, then maybe the Bucks, who I could see being in the finals. 

Those Warriors are going to pummeled either the Nuggets or Trail Blazers. It probably won't go 6 games. I may actually have trouble staying awake watching these massacres. The only good thing about Game 1 is that the NBA Lottery will be on that night. I'm certain that the NBA Lottery will be way more entertaining than the entire Western Conference Finals.

1 hour ago, Magog said:

. I don't ever want to hear anymore about James Harden being an elite NBA player because he can't seem to deliver against those Warriors when it counts

Really though. Even if they lost with him pouring in 60, ok, but he's pedestrian at best when everything is on the line. He completely folded last year. 

(edited)

Frank Vogel has agreed to be the Head Coach of the Lakers. Jason Kidd will be added to his staff as an assistant head coach.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26723733/vogel-coach-lakers-kidd-staff

I like Frank Vogel and he was the coach of the Indiana Pacers for a few years. I liked what he did with the Pacers during some of his time as their Head Coach. Though, they did end up struggling at times during his time there, including towards the end. I hope that the Lakers organization doesn't try and push him around or scapegoat him in any way. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 2

Durant listed his house ages ago and I don't think it signifies anything - you could have concluded when he bought it that he was eventually going to L.A. but unless he winds up on the Paperclips that isn't happening either. The Warriors are going to throw the proverbial bank at him and I hope he stays in the Bay Area for many years to come. We have a shiny new stadium for him to baptize with buckets!

• Love 3

The Portland Trailblazers did a very nice job of winning today's Game 7 and making it to the Western Conference Finals. This is the furthest they have gotten in several years. CJ McCollum did a great job tonight of helping them get the win. I think that CJ is a talented and underrated player. I am happy for him and Damian Lillard, who has also done a nice job of elevating his team throughout these playoffs. 

I also think it would have been nice Denver if they would have made it as well, and I think they would have had a better shot of beating the Warriors. But the Trailblazers have worked hard and deserve to advance.

Today's game was a good game and this was a pretty good series. 

• Love 2

I got to watch what was an exciting 4th quarter. Those fall away jumpers were lethal. 

Denver made a few mental errors I think cost them. With 8 seconds left there was still time for a quick 2 and foul than throwing up the long 3.

Totally disagree with Van Gundy about not fouling with 11 seconds to go. Absolutely the right call. 

• Love 2

Things are going to be tense in my sister's household for the next series. Unfortunately my BIL is a Portland fan, so my poor nephew will no doubt be alternating between his Warriors and Blazers clothing even more frequently than usual, depending on whether his mom or dad dresses him. 😆

• Love 2

Anybody who told me Portland would win this game in Denver going 4-26 from 3, I would've suggested some mental health options. CJ McCollum bailed them out.

As for the Nuggets, this one will hurt, but they will be back. (Although Paul Pierce just said they're going to the Finals next year, so who knows.)

Kind of indicative of the series from what I was able to watch. This was poor basketball overall. 

I'm not seeing how getting to 90 is going to win a trip to the the Finals. 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, Jx223 said:

Frank Vogel has agreed to be the Head Coach of the Lakers. Jason Kidd will be added to his staff as an assistant head coach.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26723733/vogel-coach-lakers-kidd-staff

I like Frank Vogel and he was the coach of the Indiana Pacers for a few years. I liked what he did with the Pacers during some of his time as their Head Coach. Though, they did end up struggling at times during his time there, including towards the end. I hope that the Lakers organization doesn't try and push him around or scapegoat him in any way. 

I like the hire too at first

But from all I heard on the radio yesterday, they really just want Jason Kidd as coach and couldn't do it because of his shitty personal and professional past.  So Vogel just seems to be a placeholder until they find a time to hire kIdd.

And rumors are Kyrie and KD will be going to the next.  If they add in Zion, great, what a way to reward a total crappy franchise. 

This is what I hate about the NBA.  The major market teams always have a chance to attract free agents and win titles, even though the Knicks have not managed to do that in almost 50 years.  Small market teams have to get lucky in several ways for it to happen

15 hours ago, xaxat said:

Damn.

Is that a good damn or a bad damn? And for which game?

Both games yesterday were great. One outcome made me happy. One made me sad. I grew up in Portland, so it was nice to see the Blazers advance. Drink up now, boys. Somehow I don’t think the next series will be as competitive. 

But I’ve lived in the Philadelphia area for 20 + years, so that loss hurt. Yeah, some NBA angel blew on the ball for Kuwai’s last shot and made it finally fall in. But the Sixers made several boneheaded plays in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. Without those late turnovers or missed rebounds, who knows? 

3 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

And rumors are Kyrie and KD will be going to the next.  If they add in Zion, great, what a way to reward a total crappy franchise. 

The Knicks will find a way to mess it up. They always do. I don't want Zion having to suffer through that garbage franchise. I will feel sad & weep for Zion if the Knicks get the 1st pick. I don't want him to become a failure in the NBA & I have a bad feeling that Zion will be a failure if he ends up with the Knicks. The Knicks make the Harlem Globetrotters respectable in comparison. 

I will also feel bad for Zion if somehow the Lakers get the 1st pick.

16 minutes ago, topanga said:

Both games yesterday were great. One outcome made me happy. One made me sad. I grew up in Portland, so it was nice to see the Blazers advance. Drink up now, boys. Somehow I don’t think the next series will be as competitive. 

Both Game 7's were fun to watch last night. Its just too bad that those Warriors are going to downright torture the Trail Blazers. That series doesn't start till tomorrow night & I'm thinking this series is already over. Its probably going to be a stroll in the park for those Warriors with Stephen Curry mocking them in the process. Kevin Durant will not be needed in this series. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, topanga said:

Is that a good damn or a bad damn? And for which game?

But I’ve lived in the Philadelphia area for 20 + years, so that loss hurt. Yeah, some NBA angel blew on the ball for Kuwai’s last shot and made it finally fall in. But the Sixers made several boneheaded plays in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. Without those late turnovers or missed rebounds, who knows? 

The sixers couldn't hit a basket in the first few minutes of the game to save their lives. They were missing so many defensive rebounds and had multiple shot clock violations in the 4th I'm surprised it was as close as it was.

But man was most painful shot a team from Toronto gave a team from Philly since Joe Carter jot the game winning Home Run in game 6 of the World Series in 1993. 

• Love 2

I watched the 3rd quarter and thought Philly was going to pull it out, expecting the same old collapse from Toronto

Then Game of Thrones came on so I didn't finish the game, just saw the last shot. 

Kawhi could try a million times or there is no way he could recreate that exact shot.  Talk about lucky bounces.  that is one that if you saw it in a movie, you'd say, "No way a shot like that ever happens!  Four bounces and goes in!"

• Love 2

6 hours ago, Magog said:

Both Game 7's were fun to watch last night. Its just too bad that those Warriors are going to downright torture the Trail Blazers. That series doesn't start till tomorrow night & I'm thinking this series is already over. Its probably going to be a stroll in the park for those Warriors with Stephen Curry mocking them in the process. Kevin Durant will not be needed in this series. 

I'm convinced you're just really hoping reverse psychology will come into play every single time you say that the Warriors will win it all, and how it won't even be difficult. :) 

Even as a fan, I would never dare to make such bold assumptions. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

We are watching Big Bang Theory reruns and I turn the TV to ESPN.  Hubby says “what’s the draft lottery?” and I say “well each team gets a certain amount of ping pong balls based on their terrible record so they spin them in a lottery ball to see where each bad team picks, and sometimes the team with the ping pong ball doesn’t get their pick because of trades” and now he’s working in the garage.

It is amazing that the ratings for this show are probably going to be bonkers, if they track that kind of thing.

I woulda bought a Zion Knicks jersey, I would have considered a Lakers jersey, no way am I buying a Pelicans jersey.

Ok, this one hurts hahaha

Edited by mojoween
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1