Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

The Warriors are just playing on a whole other level from the rest of the league right now.

Its the type of situation where even if they are beating your own team, badly, you just have to sit back and enjoy seeing them play.

I will be shocked if they lose more than 10 games all year. They are not just winning but destroying teams.

I don't really care if they include the wins from last season. They won the last 3 games of the NBA finals anyway, so in actuality, playoffs and regular season, or just regular season-regular season, I think its the same number of games whichever way you do it.

I haven't seen any of the Warriors games this season. Are they fun to watch? 

I don't even remember them in the finals. I was rooting for the Cavs and could only focus on the fact that once again, LeBron was being asked to carry the entire team on his shoulders. Golden State was clearly the better team, but I don't remember the games themselves. 

GS was the better team because it was LeBron plus a whole host of second and third stringers. Now if Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and the rest of the Cavs had been healthy . . . that would have been an incredible series to watch!

• Love 2

I haven't seen any of the Warriors games this season. Are they fun to watch? 

I can  speak to tonight's game (because I am a complete ass and did not realize we get CSN Bay Area and have been "watching" games by reading play by play on my phone), but YES.  Steph is thrilling, but the whole team is a lot of fun to watch.

What a grind for GS. I'm glad they got the win (I find himself rooting for them each game and getting nervous/excited as much as I do for my Knicks) but I think this double OT win might catch up with them in terms of expending so much energy. I could tell Steph was tired. His shots were way off and he made some turnovers that could have been costly, especially the one where he simply stepped out of bounds trying to dribble away from a defender. Hopefully they all have enough in the tank to finish off their roadtrip undefeated.

BTW NBA TV played most of the 4th (like the last 7 minutes) and all of both overtimes. ESPN was also giving period updates and live action plays during the Heat-Pacers game. I was soo happy.

Edited by FuriousStyles

What a grind for GS. I'm glad they got the win (I find himself rooting for them each game and getting nervous/excited as much as I do for my Knicks) but I think this double OT win might catch up with them in terms of expending so much energy. I could tell Steph was tired. His shots were way off and he made some turnovers that could have been costly, especially the one where he simply stepped out of bounds trying to dribble away from a defender. Hopefully they all have enough in the tank to finish off their roadtrip undefeated.

BTW NBA TV played most of the 4th (like the last 7 minutes) and all of both overtimes. ESPN was also giving period updates and live action plays during the Heat-Pacers game. I was soo happy.

2 games without Klay so far this season, 2 games going into overtime. I think it's definitely tougher for Steph without both Klay and HB. Still, he was able to eke out 38 points and a double-double, and the Dubs got the win with a great game from Draymond. The overtime worried me as it going on, given the back-to-back. I'm with you in hoping they have enough in the tank left for one more game before heading home. 

Yes they definitely looked tired. There was one play in the 1st quarter I think where someone passed the ball to Steph who was just standing near the sidelines, and he just let the ball slip right through his hands and out of bounds. I knew then it was going to be a long night. I give them a lot of credit for still battling as hard as they did and still having a chance (and by their standards being down 10 points with a minute and a half to go is still a chance). I thought their defense was decent enough to win, it was their offense that wasnt there, IMO. A lot of shots were hitting the front of the rim (another sign of fatigue).

I still think they can get the win streak record...at the very least, they can go on another 20 gamer. I doubt a team has ever had multiple 20 game win streaks in one season.

Kudos to the Bucks for their game, but did the powers that be really have to drop confetti after the game? That really had me laughing.

NBA official Bill Kennedy has come out as gay after Rajon Rondo was suspended for shouting anti-gay slurs at him after Kennedy kicked Rondo out of a game on consecutive technical fouls

Wow! I'm assuming there will be some type of fine coming his (Rondo's) way. 

Not enough. Although I'm not sure what it would take for him to feel like he was being punished. He doesn't give a shit about not being there for his teammates, so he probably thinks of any suspension as a vacation.

And I usually don't bother judging the sincerity of public apologies, but I'm not buying his one bit.

• Love 4

Not enough. Although I'm not sure what it would take for him to feel like he was being punished. He doesn't give a shit about not being there for his teammates, so he probably thinks of any suspension as a vacation.

When did Rondo become this guy? He used to be the guy on the Celtics who would hustle for every rebound and was always moving, even when he didn't have the ball. 

But he's had this selfish and lackadaisical attitude for the past few years. Has he lost his love for basketball and is now only playing for the money?

I think Rondo's always been a selfish player. Even with the Celtics he would routinely make the flashy pass to pad his assists instead of going for the easy layup. And he's tried to intimidate refs before.

There were always talks about Rondo being difficult behind the scenes. Weren't there reports about him and Doc Rivers butting heads all the time? I think he was reigned in somewhat because there were other alpha males in the lockerroom (KG, and Pierce) and they were winning games/contending for a championship every year.

I cant say what happened in Dallas beyond it probably just being a bad fit, and I think his last year or two in Boston he was coming off a knee injury (ACL I think) so ill cut him some slack on that. This year he's obviously playing for a new contract and has gone back to being a walking triple double. Is it a coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. But I dont fault any player even if their primary motivation is money. Some players treat basketball as just a job/means to an end, no different than most people earning a paycheck in this country.

I'm not rich or famous to have courtside seats at a basketball game, and I wouldn't if I were, because that video of LeBron crashing into that woman was chilling.  She was ok but it could have been much, much worse.  Maybe celebs will think twice about sitting so close to the players.  Based on that incident alone, I think those seats need to be pushed back or eliminated.

• Love 1

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure LeBron has contacts who could have let him get in touch with her to personally offer an apology.  Not a fucking tweet.  Now he might have contacted her later, I haven't heard anything, but a tweet is just so cold.

James said he talked with her while she was being stabilized (said she was able to squeeze his hand and talk) and got an update on her after the game. She responded "We good" to his tweets. I don't think she's offended by his apology.

• Love 2

Not sure why he has to "personally" apologize. Obviously it wasn't intentional, and he addressed the situation after the game and again in his tweets. I thought he handled it just fine.

People who sit in those seats know the risks, but IMO the pros outweigh the cons. This was such a freak situation. I dont think ive ever seen a fan actually carted off on a stretcher. IMO, the players are more at risk for injury than anybody else. Seems like every year the fans, cameramen, cables, equipment etc. are getting closer and closer to the court. Sometimes I'm watching games and it looks like the players hardly have enough room to just stand on the sideline to inbound the ball.

With that said if I were ever able to afford sitting courtside at the Garden, I'd definitely do it.

• Love 4

And to think she just gave birth two months ago too, and now having a concussion because of the unintentional contact. I think Lebron handled it well and did what he could during and after the game. It wasn't his fault. What's bothering me are idiots thinking her husband should have shielded her. That happened so fast that there was no time to react. This day and age of social media is just terrible, with people thinking they can weigh in on every little thing that isn't their business.

• Love 2
Not sure why he has to "personally" apologize. Obviously it wasn't intentional, and he addressed the situation after the game and again in his tweets. I thought he handled it just fine.

Of course it wasn't intentional, but I think a person who got a big ass flying on them would much rather have a personal apology, not a fucking tweet.  He should have just left the tweeting alone, that's all I'm saying.   Then again, that's the twitter culture nowadays so I shouldn't be surprised.

• Love 2

But do you know there wasn't both? If he apologizes privately only then people don't know he said anything and the opposite occurs... Omg, he ran over someone and didn't even say anything!!! Social media is a wild animal, he's damned is he does and damned if he doesn't.

• Love 5

I haven't sat court side at an NBA game, but I have sat in the third row baseline and being that close to the action is awesome! I would gladly switch seats with anyone court side who was worried about their safety.

• Love 1

I haven't sat court side at an NBA game, but I have sat in the third row baseline and being that close to the action is awesome! I would gladly switch seats with anyone court side who was worried about their safety.

Me too. I sat courtside for the last five minutes of a 76ers game, and it was an experience like no other--I'd take that risk. A few years ago, I remember Shaq would often fly into the crowd when chasing down a rebound. No one was as seriously hurt as this woman was, but can you imagine seeing 350+ pound Shaquille O'Neal launching through the air and toward your face? 

• Love 1

I don't care enough about pro basketball nowadays, so if somebody gave me courtside ticket, I'd sell it.  No joke.  However, way back in the day I went to see the Knicks play the (then) Bullets in Baltimore, and got to see Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Dave DeBuscherre, Earl Monroe, et al, play Unseld and...his guys (I was more interested in the Knicks).  We had decent seats in the stands, but back then I would have given anything to be courtside to be close to those guys.

But now?  Nah.

Back when the Pacers sucked in the 1980s, my dad's company had courside seats and we would use them once or twice a year

It's quite an experience, I'd take the risk. Its one thing that separates the basketball live action experience from other sports. You get closer to the action. I know in baseball you can be behind the clubhouse and near the field, but ........well, baseball is not as exciting and the players are spread out over the field.

I don't think just ponying up the dough would have been enough for those, you would have to have been somebody.

I'm sure that was the case. In the Chicago Bulls' heydays of the '80s and '90s, a regular person couldn't even buy single tickets to the games. Every home game was a sell out, and you had to know someone to get tickets. 

• Love 1

You know, I know a lot of the onus is on players to be more careful and perhaps just not be out late at night to avoid certain situations but that mess with Cleanthony really made me mad. Not at him though, because to me he did nothing wrong. He went out with his girl and did a responsible thing by calling taxi service (although come on man...you're making at least 6 figures, you can afford more than an uber...but whatever). But those guys that targeted him just had pure evil in them. I cant imagine them shooting him (a professional athlete) in the knee of all places was an accident, especially after he had already given up the jewelry and whatever else they stole.

It sickens me that there are people out there that love nothing more than to see someone else destroyed. Hopefully Cleanthony can make a full recovery and continue his career. From what I read he doesnt even need surgery so I guess thats a good sign.

On to happier Knick news. We're 1 win away from equaling the total from all of last year. Man what a huge improvement. We obviously still have a long way to go, and im not even sure we'll make the playoffs but im more excited/interested in seeing what other moves Phil Jackson will make in the future.

Edited by FuriousStyles

I love the NBA & TNT for their coverage of Martin Luther King Jr Day. It was absolutely top notch. 

As for last night, I am downright infuriated that the Cavaliers basically got pushed into the mud & pretty much got their asses kicked by the stinking Warriors. The game was over by the end of the 1st Quarter. I was very close to vomiting while watching this garbage. They did not show up at all. This team is nowhere close to competing for a championship at this moment. And to make things even worse than they already are, Stephen Curry was his usual '"aw shucks" self during the post game interview. 

They're 0-3 against the Warriors & Spurs,one of the 2 teams that we could be facing in the NBA Finals (if the Cavs get there). Frankly, there is a whole lot of work that needs to be done. I really want the Cavs to win the NBA Championship this season and right now, our chances & this season is going up in smoke. That utter disgust of the Warriors winning it last June still hasn't left me. I'm starting to think it has went away from some of the players & coaches because they sure as hell showed it last night.

Edited by Magog

It really feels like Spurs vs Warriors in the Western Conference Finals is going to be the de facto NBA Championship this year, doesn't it?  This season feels inevitable. (pending injury, naturally)

Edited by AndreaK1041

Im not convinced the Cavs will make it to the finals anymore, and if they do, they wont win. JR Smith is being JR. Inconsistent, unreliable, and just plain stupid. I dont know what he was thinking with that bull rush disguised as "running through a screen" that got him ejected. Then there's Kevin Love. I heard on one of the sports shows he told reporters after the game "we have to look in the mirror and its starts with our leader over there" and then pointed in the general direction of Lebron's locker. Now, while thats just something you simply can't ever do (play the blame game especially infront of the media) and ESPECIALLY when you only score like 3 pts and cant play defense worth a damn, BUT you know, im starting to dislike Lebron (again). I didnt like the way *it appeared* (I say that because obviously I wasnt privvy to the inner relationships of the people involved) how Lebron would exclude Chris Bosh. It was Lebron and D-Wade and then...the other guy. And now the exclusion seems to be even more apparent in Cleveland. Lebron is taking photo shoot style pictures with all his teammates, and given how much attention this got last season, for him to do it again, its clear he doesnt give a fuck. And yes these are grown ass men so who cares about some silly pictures, but considering pro athletes spend most of their time with their teammates practicing, traveling, etc. Its even more critical, IMO to create an inclusive environment, or at least not make it so obvious that one particular player (who Lebron himself said is a *key* piece to them potentially winning a chip) is an outcast.

And I dont even know what to say about Blatt! The way its being reported that Lebron has been undermining Blatt pretty much from the beginning is disgusting. This one actually falls more on Blatt/management. They're all allowing Lebron to run the asylum. They say he's taking himself out of games whenever he wants, waving off plays/substitutions that Blatt wants to run, etc. My thing is since there's clearly no respect there why didnt the powers that be go out and get another coach in the offseason. I just dont like the passive aggressive stuff. Lebron will never actually say "hey you need to get rid if this guy, he's not cutting it" but his actions pretty much say just that.

I think Kevin Love will check out. He's got his money and is too sensitive to fight through the bullshit to do his job (like Bosh). The Bulls or Heat if healthy have a chance put up a good fight I think.

Edited by FuriousStyles