Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
xaxat

The NBA

I wasn't able to watch because of a work thing but I saw some of the 3rd at dinner. I figured Kerr would have put the brakes on once Portland started pulling away and close out in Oakland. Then again I suppose now there's an extra 2 days of rest. I bet they're rooting for the Raptors tonight. 

• Like 1

Ok, media, you can fuck right off.

I am so tired of them ragging on the Dubs for being good.  Jesus Christ.  This morning it was “well it’s nice that Golden State has made five straight finals but LEBRON did it for eight years with TWO teams.”

Fuck that noise.  GS was good before KD got there.  LeBron put together a super team and still went 3-6 in the Finals and if Dray had kept his damn feet to himself LBJ would probably be 2-7.

Klay Thompson was drafted 11th.  Steph was 7th.  Dray was in the second round.  So unless there were trades, the Warriors weren't so good for two of those drafts and they are getting bagged on for being talented?  Nuh-uh, not having that shit.

And I am the MOST casual of NBA fans so I shouldn’t even care about this but it irritates me that we only talk about this being a team sport when it fits their LeBron-centric narrative.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Ok, media, you can fuck right off.

I am so tired of them ragging on the Dubs for being good.  Jesus Christ.  This morning it was “well it’s nice that Golden State has made five straight finals but LEBRON did it for eight years with TWO teams.”

Fuck that noise.  GS was good before KD got there.  LeBron put together a super team and still went 3-6 in the Finals and if Dray had kept his damn feet to himself LBJ would probably be 2-7.

Klay Thompson was drafted 11th.  Steph was 7th.  Dray was in the second round.  So unless there were trades, the Warriors weren't so good for two of those drafts and they are getting bagged on for being talented?  Nuh-uh, not having that shit.

And I am the MOST casual of NBA fans so I shouldn’t even care about this but it irritates me that we only talk about this being a team sport when it fits their LeBron-centric narrative.

I don't think it's just about Lebron I think the media doesn't like it when a team that was a loser gets good. I remember watching Larry Bird's Celtics teams no one complained when they made the Finals in the 80's or Michael Jordan's Bulls dominated the 90's. I doubt anyone would complain if the Lakers rather than the Warriors were dominant.

10 hours ago, mojoween said:

Which is hilarious because LeBron is THE furthest thing from a team player.  Like, no.

• Like 5

If Adam Silver wants to start west coast games earlier then east coast games should start at one in the afternoon.

This is all because of LeBron, which thanks for some more arrows for my hate quiver, guys.

Also Will Cain is starting to make me turn on Giannis.  I know that’s not Giannis’s fault, but when Will declares that the Bucks are going to run the East like LeBron did, and Milwaukee hasn’t even made it out of the ECF yet, well that’s enough to be annoying.

Just because you're down by 3 doesn't mean you can't get the quick 2. Bucks had an easy lay up, and the guy is in the air and throws it out for a 3. Over a minute left, a 3 is not needed. 

This series took a surprising turn. The Bucs have nobody to blame but themselves but if they don’t show up in game 6, they gave up a 2-0 lead. The Raptors have zero chance against the Warriors (Bucs don’t either but I thought it would me a more entertaining series), but kudos to them if they pull this off.

Kawhi is a freaking cyborg. Gets his teeth kicked in in game 2, and just powers down and downloads a wikiHow to destroy Giannis. Series might be over on Saturday. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, twoods said:

This series took a surprising turn. The Bucs have nobody to blame but themselves but if they don’t show up in game 6, they gave up a 2-0 lead. The Raptors have zero chance against the Warriors (Bucs don’t either but I thought it would me a more entertaining series), but kudos to them if they pull this off.

I agree with this assessment. I was looking forward to the Warriors-Bucks matchup, but if the Raptors pull this off, you gotta salute them even though I think they'll get slaughtered by GS.

I wasn't able to watch game 4, but even after winning game 3, I thought he was out of gas. He was definitely not out of gas last night. 

• Like 1

I have been hoping for Toronto to win (and then play my team, Golden State) just because I am sick to death of having the Bucs anointed as the "best evah" all year even though their one trick pony, Giannis, apparently can't be bothered to practice free throws. Was also hoping that the Eastern series would go to seven (or nine! 🙂 ) for obvious reasons but I think Kawhi will close it out tomorrow night at home. He is a fearsome dude and deserves all respect! Getting a little scared as to what our match up will look like without Durant's minutes but I think Draymond and Klay can handle their offense and then its up to Klay and Steph to heat up simultaneously for a change and shoot lights out!

• Like 2

It's complicated.  Ultimately, I want the Warriors to win.  Before that though, I'd like to see Toronto beat the Bucks.  However, I cannot stand fucking Drake. 

But then if the Warriors do beat Toronto then Drake will have to STFU.  So maybe it's not so complicated after all.......😈