Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

Doc Rivers doesn't have his son and doesn't have much of a say on this team anymore. To think he left the Celtics because he wanted a winner and not a young team. The Celts are winners with a better coach and Doc doesn't have much of anything.

• Love 1
(edited)

According to Stephen A. Smith he has sources that say that LeBron actually texted Kevin Durant asking him to team up in LA. I think that Kevin Durant will not do that. I think he wants to stay with the Warriors.

Also, according to ESPN the Mavs are chasing after DeAndre Jordan again. He's a target of theirs this summer. And there is a report from ESPN that Kawhi would also be okay with going to the Clippers (in addition to being interested in going to the Lakers.) The Spurs are engaging in discussions with multiple teams regarding trading Kawhi. 

Edited by Jx223

Yeah, KD took a pay cut to go to the Warriors.  I don’t see him leaving at all for the foreseeable future.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall regarding a Bronny, tho.  He has one more year of middle school.  Do you uproot him for one year, or wait one more year?  The James’ could conceivably leave the core family in Akron for another school year, while LeBron goes elsewhere (they did that his first year in Miami), tho Savannah was not happy.

13 hours ago, roamyn said:

Yeah, KD took a pay cut to go to the Warriors.  I don’t see him leaving at all for the foreseeable future.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall regarding a Bronny, tho.  He has one more year of middle school.  Do you uproot him for one year, or wait one more year?  The James’ could conceivably leave the core family in Akron for another school year, while LeBron goes elsewhere (they did that his first year in Miami), tho Savannah was not happy.

I doubt very much that factors highly into Lebron's decision.  He might say it does, but I don't believe it. 

Plus its middle school.  And he is one of the most famous middle schoolers in the country.  Not like he is going to really struggle finding his way in a new school. 

Lebron is going to LA.  Paul George is going to LA.  The only question really is will Kawhi end up in LA or Boston. 

• Love 1

And middle school is the toughest grades of them all.  You think it won’t matter he’s LeBron’s son?  If LBJ doesn’t perform like in the past (possible considering his age & wear), that kids won’t tease Bronny?  I say it is important, knowing his family.  Again, Savannah & the kids may stay back, or Bronny lives w/grandparents if that’s the route they’re going.

3 hours ago, roamyn said:

And middle school is the toughest grades of them all.  You think it won’t matter he’s LeBron’s son?  If LBJ doesn’t perform like in the past (possible considering his age & wear), that kids won’t tease Bronny?  I say it is important, knowing his family.  Again, Savannah & the kids may stay back, or Bronny lives w/grandparents if that’s the route they’re going.

Le Bron’s kid, who I hear is remarkably well adjusted considering, gets a lot of attention whereever he goes.  On a school trip to Chicago, he was mobbed by other kids who recognized him while touring a museum.  They ended up needing security to get him away from the crowd.  

Steph Curry and his famewhore wife, aren’t doing their kids any favors by pushing them in front of the cameras at every opportunity.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, roamyn said:

Kids are going to get on him of his dad underperforms or messes up no matter where he lives.

And I grew up in the Midwest, I love my roots there.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  But still, you give most kids a chance to live in Akron, Ohio or LA, with money literally being no object as is the case here, I'd say its safe to say most would choose LA at any age. 

It's getting close to the start of free agency and all indications show that PG will re-sign in OKC. If that is true, this whole proposed-superteam extravaganza would be all worth it if the Spurs stand firm and either keep Kawhi or trade him to Philly or Boston and LeBron is the only one in LA in the exact situation he left, dragging a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs. Except this time he won't again sniff the finals, maybe not even the semifinals.

• Love 3
On 6/29/2018 at 5:18 PM, doodlebug said:

Steph Curry and his famewhore wife, aren’t doing their kids any favors by pushing them in front of the cameras at every opportunity.

Steph and his "famewhore" wife Ayesha are raising their kids up just fine. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I think that LeBron's children seem like sweet children.

Also, last night Free agceny began at midnight and here's some of the news we've gotten so far. Biggest news so far is that Paul George has signed a 4 year 137 year deal with OKC. A lot of people especially analysts are acting like they are surprised by this But Paul has gotten close with Russ and I thought it was interesting in his free agency documentary special on ESPN how Sam Presti was shown in it. I thought that might have been a good sign that Paul would stay with the Thunder.

Now that he's not going to the Lakers. I do wonder how that will affect LeBron's decision. I think it could have a big impact on it especially since I believe that the Spurs will not trade Kawhi to the Lakers.

Also, Trevor Ariza has signed a 1 year deal with the Suns, while Chris Paull has signed a 4 year/160 million dollar max deal with the Rockets. DeAndre Jordan has also reportedly agreed to a 1 year 24 million dollar deal with the Mavs. Kevin Durant is also going to sign a 2 year deal with a player Option with the Warriors.

Edited by Jx223

Paul George Staying in OKC.  Well I was wrong on that one.  There goes my career in sports media.  Guess I will just have to stick to being a doctor. 

Generally surprised at that.  But hey, good for them for keeping him.  I thought he would go to LA, but I hate the Lakers, so anything that hurts them, I am all for it.  That OKC-Indiana trade from last is working out well for both teams, which rarely happens in this or any league.  I still don't think OKC can win a title with that group of players, but they will still be a good team and a playoff team

Now I doubt Lebron goes to LA, but who knows.  This decision by Paul George though certainly changes the landscape and chances Lebron stays in Cleveland.  I think its there or Philly now.  And who knows where Kawhi ends up

Lakers could have up with nothing big after looking to potentially sign a group to contend just a few weeks ago.  Really looking bad for them. 

Pacers signed Doug McDermott, primarily as a 3 point threat, so reasonable contract. 

(edited)

I'm surprised that Paul George decided to stay with the Thunder for 4 more years instead of going to the Lakers. I can't imagine how Stephen A Smith (Mr. Laker fan) feels about that right now. According to him, I thought that NBA superstars are just dying to want to go to the Lakers. I mean, this is Showtime we're talking about. Magic Johnson is there now to help with the process. 

Does anyone know when the Greek Freak (Milwaukee Bucks) is going to be a Free Agent? I can't wait till Stephen A Smith tells us why he needs to join the Lakers.

Now, whether this means LeBron will still go there, go somewhere else, or stay in Cleveland, I still don't know. 

On 6/28/2018 at 5:42 PM, Jx223 said:

According to Stephen A. Smith he has sources that say that LeBron actually texted Kevin Durant asking him to team up in LA. I think that Kevin Durant will not do that. I think he wants to stay with the Warriors.

Why would Kevin Durant want to leave those scummy Warriors to go be LeBron's possible teammate with the scummy Lakers? That sounds stupid on so many levels & there is a better chance of the Timberwolves winning a title next season than this dumb idea ever happening. Stephen A Smith must have nothing better better to do than to come up with this crap. And they can forget about Klay Thompson going there next season (free agent next season) because that also makes no sense & its also not going to happen.

Edited by Magog
(edited)
5 hours ago, DrSpaceman said:

Paul George Staying in OKC.  Well I was wrong on that one.  There goes my career in sports media.  Guess I will just have to stick to being a doctor. 

Generally surprised at that.  But hey, good for them for keeping him...

Now I doubt Lebron goes to LA, but who knows.  This decision by Paul George though certainly changes the landscape and chances Lebron stays in Cleveland.  I think its there or Philly now.  And who knows where Kawhi ends up

4 hours ago, Magog said:

I'm surprised that Paul George decided to stay with the Thunder for 4 more years instead of going to the Lakers. I can't imagine how Stephen A Smith (Mr. Laker fan) feels about that right now. According to him, I thought that NBA superstars are just dying to want to go to the Lakers. I mean, this is Showtime we're talking about. Magic Johnson is there now to help with the process...

Now, whether this means LeBron will still go there, go somewhere else, or stay in Cleveland, I still don't know. 

Paul George signing with OKC is definitely good for them and the league as well IMO. It helps keep a small market team relevant. And it also shows team you can take a risk by trading for a player for one year and he might actually stay with the team if the organization does the right things. Maybe some teams will be less hesitant to trade for Kawhi for a year now that Paul has decided to stay with the Thunder. 

I think that this definitely will affect what decision LeBron makes. I believe there is a solid chance he might actually sign with the 76ers. His reps are meeting with them today. As far as Kawhi goes, I could see him being traded to an East team. If the Spurs did trade him to the Lakers I believe they would take a lot from the Lakers. The Spurs are also in talks with the 76ers.

I wonder who the Lakers might end up and if they may actually not land a big free agent. For the past several years there have been speculation especially from the media that a lot of stars want to go the Lakers. Especially people who are from California/the LA area. (Including rumors, about Melo, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Paul George, LeBron, Klay Thompson, Kawhi, etc). But the Bulk of these stars have not gone to the Lakers and some have had the opportunity to do so.

Edited by Jx223

Magic has stated if he is not able to land a big name free agent this year or next year, he has failed and may turned over things to someone else. 

I would agree with him.  And at least he has the guts to say it and admit its a huge blow if the Lakers cannot land a player to center the future of the franchise around.  They are actually stuck in the place right now where many small to mid size markets find themselves.  They have some solid players there, some good players, but they don't have any game changing or great players.  You have to have that in the NBA to win big. 

So basically, welcome to the struggles of the rest of the league, LA. 

And the Ball situation obviously doesn't help. 

Well I would say I’m glad it’s finally over, but LABron is ALL they’re going to yap about all goddamn day tomorrow, and I will still care as much as I did five minutes ago, which is not at fucking all.

Enjoy the first round sweep next year, Lakers!

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman said:

Magic has stated if he is not able to land a big name free agent this year or next year, he has failed and may turned over things to someone else...

And the Ball situation obviously doesn't help. 

It looks like Magic won't have to step down after all. With LeBron now agreeing to sign with the Lakers, I wonder what other moves they now will make. I do believe they will now be moving some players around. I could see them moving someone like Lonzo to another team.

Edited by Jx223
12 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

It looks like Magic won't have to step down after all. With LeBron now agreeing to sign with the Lakers, I wonder what other moves they now will make. I do believe they will now be moving some players around. I could see them moving someone like Lonzo to another team.

I'm sure they will make more moves.  They better because this alone won't make them contenders in the west.   I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ball gets traded to bring in someone else to help Lebron. 

I never thought Lebron would end up there but not Paul George. 

(edited)

LeBron James and the L.A. Lakers are made for each other. Two entities completely caught up in their own self-importance and apparent right to win championships. Will James demand the Lakers trade away their young players, to put people around him that he wants? Probably. But I'd be pleasantly surprised if he decided to take a different tack, and act as a mentor to a group of young players with potential.

They aren't getting George, they probably aren't getting Kawhi. I don't know who they could try to trade for, that might fit in with James. Can't believe they're paying Luol Deng $18 million dollars for this coming year.... and the year after. But hey, if they want to eat some more cap and get some role players, they could always give the Knicks a call. I'm sure the Thunder would love to get rid of Carmelo Anthony as well.

Edited by Danny Franks
2 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

I'm sure they will make more moves.  They better because this alone won't make them contenders in the west.   I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ball gets traded to bring in someone else to help Lebron. 

I never thought Lebron would end up there but not Paul George. 

I agree that they are not really contenders in the West with just LeBron. If they were in the east they would have a better chance. I definitely think they will be trying to move some of the young players to make LeBron happy. I'm not sure what will happen with Kawhi, but I could see the Spurs moving him to a team that is not the Lakers. I could see them not wanting to strengthen another team in the West. Reports are they still want to be playoff contenders themselves, even if they trade Kawhi.

The Lakers might have a shot at getting Boogie Cousins. They are talking to him, (along with the Pelicans.) Getting him could help them. 

• Love 1
(edited)

LaVar Ball has a problem now in that he won't be able to push LeBron around like he does the current Lakers players/coach/staff. If he does one thing or says one thing that LeBron doesn't like, Lonzo is as good as shipped out the next day.

And Lance Stephenson has now agreed to a one-year deal to join the Lakers. My life is now complete.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4
(edited)

As a Pacers fan, I have always really liked Lance Stephenson.  I like his energy and believe that he has always played his best basketball in a Pacers jersey. He hasn't fared very well on other teams. It will be interesting to see how he fares playing alongside LeBron.

He actually could have played with LeBron last year, as he was brought in by the Cavs (along with some other players) for a tryout. I think that LeBron actually respects Lance. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
(edited)

I th8nk LeBron has made a huge career mistake, since he’ll havea worse crew than he did in Cleveland.  But I wish him luck, I guess.   But you know he’s not getting to the Finals next year, and his streak will be broken.

Good luck trying to coach that team.  Luke won’t let you do-coach like Ty did.  LaVar will be pissed that Zo isn’t the most popular player & won’t get as much media attention.  Speaking of which, I heard the Lakers have been shopping Zo around, with no takers due to daddy.

Thank you, LeBron for 2016.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2

I am beginning to wonder if Lebron just knows for the next few years at least, he can't compete with the Warriors no matter where he goes, so he just decided to take the glamour of LA and start pursuing some Hollywood/acting opportunities in the meantime as his career winds down  

10 hours ago, Jx223 said:

As a Pacers fan, I have always really liked Lance Stephenson.  I like his energy and believe that he has always played his best basketball in a Pacers jersey. He hasn't fared very well on other teams. It will be interesting to see how he fares playing alongside LeBron.

He actually could have played with LeBron last year, as he was brought in by the Cavs (along with some other players) for a tryout. I think that LeBron actually respects Lance. 

I understand why they cut him.  They wanted cap room and needed a guard who can shoot from outside, something that was sorely lacking on the team last season.

But he was a crowd favorite and added a dimension and energy to the team that was otherwise lacking, especially on the second unit. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

LeBron James and the L.A. Lakers are made for each other. Two entities completely caught up in their own self-importance and apparent right to win championships. Will James demand the Lakers trade away their young players, to put people around him that he wants? Probably. But I'd be pleasantly surprised if he decided to take a different tack, and act as a mentor to a group of young players with potential.

Le Bron doesn’t have to DEMAND anything.  He didn’t force the Lakers to sign him, they made him an offer of their own free will.  He’s 34 years old, in incredible shape, he’s never had a major injury, his work ethic is second to none.  Mentoring younger players doesn’t put butts in the seats, and, as we’ve seen with the Cavs; despite his amazing abilities, he can’t do it alone.  This is his last big contract, he wants more championships, so do the Lakers.  If they weren’t on the same page, they wouldn’t have made an offer and he wouldn’t have signed.  He isn’t forcing the Lakers to do anything they don’t want to do and will probably be instrumental in ridding them of the horror that is Daddy Ball.  It’s a win-win.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Le Bron doesn’t have to DEMAND anything.  He didn’t force the Lakers to sign him, they made him an offer of their own free will.  He’s 34 years old, in incredible shape, he’s never had a major injury, his work ethic is second to none.  Mentoring younger players doesn’t put butts in the seats, and, as we’ve seen with the Cavs; despite his amazing abilities, he can’t do it alone.  This is his last big contract, he wants more championships, so do the Lakers.  If they weren’t on the same page, they wouldn’t have made an offe and he wouldn’t have signed.  He isn’t forcing the Lakers to do anything they don’t want to do and will probably be instrumental in ridding them of the horror that is Daddy Ball.  It’s a win-win.

But he does demand these things. He did it in Cleveland, where the teams the ended up with were mostly made up of players he wanted to play with. And sure, they got a championship out of it, so I guess they'd say it was worth it. But they're going to be bottom feeders for a while, now, until they can rid of some of those horrible contracts they gave to the likes of JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, George Hill and Jordan Clarkson. Then they'll have a shot at rebuilding. Just because L.A. are happy to oblige him doesn't mean his list of demands don't exist.

Personally, I prefer to see young players developing, and building teams together, and I think it does put butts in seats. The Golden State Warriors are proof of that.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, roamyn said:

Thank you, LeBron for 2016.

All I can say about LeBron going to the Lakers is "Thank you." Thank you for putting 1964 in the rearview mirror & ESPN not being able to mock Cleveland about it anymore. 

That championship from 2 years ago will always be special & I will always remember that forever. 

Hopefully, he will tell Dan Gilbert to get bent & punch JR Smith in the face on his way out of the door.

I will still root for LeBron, but there is no way in hell that I will root for the Lakers or the rest of those clowns on that team. I will especially not root for an unfunny crybaby & a scumbag like Ja Vale McGee.  When he got his first title in Miami, it was about him getting over the hump. When he finally deliver that championship to Cleveland, it was about unfinished business & getting that 800 pound Gorilla (1964) off of Cleveland's back. If he somehow win it for the Lakers, I will feel happy for him, but it would find it to be absolutely "meh". It will be like a millionaire (or a Kardashian) winning that big Powerball jackpot. How come anyone find any joy about this if this happens & especially if Big Baller Brand is still around?

BTW, another scumbag IT (Isiah Thomas) is still there for the Lakers. Hopefully, they will not give this fool that $200 Million contract that he is craving for. He deserves to be with the Knicks. 

Besides, its not like Lakers were suffering recently like the Cavaliers before LeBron came there in 2003 or other teams like the Nuggets, Hornets, Hawks, & Timberwolves who haven't even gotten a sniff of a championship. Stephen A Smith was acting like they're the Knicks & was always talking bad about Jim Buss. Frankly, I was very concerned about Jim Buss's safety if he ever showed his face around Stephen A Smith. I can't fathom how he feels right now.

Overall, I got 3 loathsome teams to root against. Those Warriors, the Celtics, & the Lakers. 

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

But he does demand these things. He did it in Cleveland, where the teams the ended up with were mostly made up of players he wanted to play with. And sure, they got a championship out of it, so I guess they'd say it was worth it. But they're going to be bottom feeders for a while, now, until they can rid of some of those horrible contracts they gave to the likes of JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, George Hill and Jordan Clarkson. Then they'll have a shot at rebuilding. Just because L.A. are happy to oblige him doesn't mean his list of demands don't exist.

Personally, I prefer to see young players developing, and building teams together, and I think it does put butts in seats. The Golden State Warriors are proof of that.

The Lakers were willing to meet his requirements for a contract; he didn’t hold them hostage. His ‘demands’ are the sort of stuff elite players want; that’s how he ended up in Miami, that’s why he went back to Cleveland.  Elite athletes call the shots in this league and, let’s face it, this is probably LeBron’s last big contract, to expect him to sign with a team and help develop young players to eventually be contenders years down the road is unrealistic.

As for Golden State, they didn’t vault into the untouchables until Durant.  They did what good teams do, they added veteran talent.  And if you think Durant would’ve been signed if Baby Boy Curry didn’t approve every step of the way, you need a reality check.  If you think Stephie isn’t consulted about every personnel move on his team, I think you’re dreaming.

LeBron is at the pinnacle, he gets what he wants; it was ever thus in pro sports, especially basketball.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

The Lakers were willing to meet his requirements for a contract; he didn’t hold them hostage. His ‘demands’ are the sort of stuff elite players want; that’s how he ended up in Miami, that’s why he went back to Cleveland.  Elite athletes call the shots in this league and, let’s face it, this is probably LeBron’s last big contract, to expect him to sign with a team and help develop young players to eventually be contenders years down the road is unrealistic.

As for Golden State, they didn’t vault into the untouchables until Durant.  They did what good teams do, they added veteran talent.  And if you think Durant would’ve been signed if Baby Boy Curry didn’t approve every step of the way, you need a reality check.  If you think Stephie isn’t consulted about every personnel move on his team, I think you’re dreaming.

LeBron is at the pinnacle, he gets what he wants; it was ever thus in pro sports, especially basketball.

Really? I don't see Kyrie Irving dictating the Celtics trade away their young players and their draft picks, to sign superstars that can help him win. I don't see Westbrook or Davis or Antetokounmpo doing that. This seems to be a strictly LeBron James thing. Do some players say, "I don't want to play with that guy" or, "I do want to play with that guy"? Yeah. Do some players agitate for trades because they don't like it where they are? Yeah. But I've yet to see a guy other than LeBron, where everyone just accepts that if he's signing, then he's getting all the players he wants, and if it doesn't work, the front office get the blame.

And the Warriors won a championship, nearly won a second and won 73 regular season games without Kevin Durant, with a team built entirely from the draft and cheap, FA veterans. They signed Durant to improve that team, and there was no demand from him to change a thing. He had to fit in to the Warriors' system. And fortunately for the Warriors, Steph Curry doesn't demand the world revolve around him. 

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Really? I don't see Kyrie Irving dictating the Celtics trade away their young players and their draft picks, to sign superstars that can help him win. I don't see Westbrook or Davis or Antetokounmpo doing that. This seems to be a strictly LeBron James thing. Do some players say, "I don't want to play with that guy" or, "I do want to play with that guy"? Yeah. Do some players agitate for trades because they don't like it where they are? Yeah. But I've yet to see a guy other than LeBron, where everyone just accepts that if he's signing, then he's getting all the players he wants, and if it doesn't work, the front office get the blame.

And the Warriors won a championship, nearly won a second and won 73 regular season games without Kevin Durant, with a team built entirely from the draft and cheap, FA veterans. They signed Durant to improve that team, and there was no demand from him to change a thing. He had to fit in to the Warriors' system. And fortunately for the Warriors, Steph Curry doesn't demand the world revolve around him. 

I've yet to see a guy, other than LeBron, that has the ability to transform a team in the NBA the way he can.  Certainly not Kyrie, definitely not Saint Stephan the Magnificent.  Here's the thing; like him or not, LeBron wants input into the composition of the teams where he plays and his instincts have generally been pretty darned good.  He gets what he wants, and, what he wants is some control over the makeup of the teams where he plays.  Believe me, it's not just the front office that gets the blame when things don't work out, plenty of folks here in Cleveland gripe about LeBron bringing in guys who don't cut it.  He's got a pretty good eye for talent though and he's made every team he's played on a contender. And, if the market is willing to give him what he wants, who am I to say they shouldn't?

I get it, you're a huge GSW/Steph Curry fan and they can do no wrong in your world.  LeBron is not Steph (thank God) and doesn't want the same things.  It takes all kinds to make a world and I don't see the point of being angry that LeBron has more power than you think he should.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I get it, you're a huge GSW/Steph Curry fan and they can do no wrong in your world.  LeBron is not Steph (thank God) and doesn't want the same things.  It takes all kinds to make a world and I don't see the point of being angry that LeBron has more power than you think he should.

I get it, you're a huge LeBron fan and he can do no wrong in your world.  Steph is not LeBron (thank God) and doesn't want the same things.  It takes all kinds to make a world and I don't see the point of being angry that Steph has more power than you think he should.

• Love 6
(edited)
36 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I've yet to see a guy, other than LeBron, that has the ability to transform a team in the NBA the way he can.  Certainly not Kyrie, definitely not Saint Stephan the Magnificent.  Here's the thing; like him or not, LeBron wants input into the composition of the teams where he plays and his instincts have generally been pretty darned good.  He gets what he wants, and, what he wants is some control over the makeup of the teams where he plays.  Believe me, it's not just the front office that gets the blame when things don't work out, plenty of folks here in Cleveland gripe about LeBron bringing in guys who don't cut it.  He's got a pretty good eye for talent though and he's made every team he's played on a contender. And, if the market is willing to give him what he wants, who am I to say they shouldn't?

So LeBron lives by the rules he sets, and teams have to bend for him. That's what I've been saying.

I'm not a Warriors fan, I'm a Knicks fan. But I appreciate the way the Warriors play, their ethos and the personalities of the players and of Steve Kerr. I've got to say, though, your hatred of Steph Curry is a little disturbing.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

I get it, you're a huge LeBron fan and he can do no wrong in your world.  Steph is not LeBron (thank God) and doesn't want the same things.  It takes all kinds to make a world and I don't see the point of being angry that Steph has more power than you think he should.

I mean, seriously.  The level of rage some LeBron/Cavs fans direct at the Warriors (and Curry, in particular) is almost comical; you'd think that they were on par with Hitler and that Curry was the reincarnation of Satan to hear them talk.  I guess that's to be expected, though, when that same team hands their team its ass three out of the last four years (thanks, refs, for 2016!).  And LeBron could throw a sackful of puppies and another of kittens into Lake Erie, and they'd justify it somehow.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

So LeBron lives by the rules he sets, and teams have to bend for him. That's what I've been saying.

I'm not a Warriors fan, I'm a Knicks fan. But I appreciate the way the Warriors play, their ethos and the personalities of the players and of Steve Kerr. I've got to say, though, your hatred of Steph Curry is a little disturbing.

All elite athletes set the rules and teams bend for him.  LeBron is not the first, he's not the only one, either.

I don't hate Steph Curry, I just don't see him as quite so perfect as he likes to pretend he is.  His image with the fans rings false with me, very contrived. And, yeah, I'm sure being from Cleveland affects my perception of him.  I don't think he's satanic, I just don't buy that he's all rainbows and puppydogs, either.  I realize he does it to sell shoes, promote himself and his wife's business; it's just all a little too saccharine for my taste. 

As for Steve Kerr, I've liked him ever since I was a kid and he played for the Cavs.  Still do.  Doesn't bother me.

Edited by doodlebug
29 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

All elite athletes set the rules and teams bend for him.  LeBron is not the first, he's not the only one, either.

I don't hate Steph Curry, I just don't see him as quite so perfect as he likes to pretend he is.  His image with the fans rings false with me, very contrived. And, yeah, I'm sure being from Cleveland affects my perception of him.  I don't think he's satanic, I just don't buy that he's all rainbows and puppydogs, either.  I realize he does it to sell shoes, promote himself and his wife's business; it's just all a little too saccharine for my taste. 

As for Steve Kerr, I've liked him ever since I was a kid and he played for the Cavs.  Still do.  Doesn't bother me.

I live in Charlotte 15 minutes away from where Steph went to college at Davidson and 20 or 30 minutes from where he went to high school.  Drive by the Davidson campus every day.  There is nothing at all false about his image.  Or his family's image.  They are all well loved in the entire Charlotte community.  I doubt you'd find a sole to say a single bad word about any of them. 

But its a sports thing, I get it.  I hate Tom Brady, for many reasons  I know he is a great QB, BUT.......well I can't even get started or it gets me too worked up and it will never end. No one will ever change my mind on him as basically not the GOAT but a great QB but benefitting from an even greater system.  And idiots that made stupid decisions in critical moments against the pats.  (Falcons, Seahawks)

And it is true that all superstars play by different rules, but I think Lebron has taken it to the extreme in the way he basically tries to be coach, GM and player with as much control as possible wherever he goes.  Even more so than other superstars in the past. 

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

I mean, seriously.  The level of rage some LeBron/Cavs fans direct at the Warriors (and Curry, in particular) is almost comical; you'd think that they were on par with Hitler and that Curry was the reincarnation of Satan to hear them talk.  I guess that's to be expected, though, when that same team hands their team its ass three out of the last four years (thanks, refs, for 2016!).  And LeBron could throw a sackful of puppies and another of kittens into Lake Erie, and they'd justify it somehow.

Excuse me.  The refs had nothing to do w/warriors losing in 2016.  They didn’t tell Dramon to keep kicking people throughout the playoffs.  They didn’t keep shooting bricks in Game 7, for that matter they didn’t NOT score for 4 minutes.  They didn’t let their defense down in Games 5&6.  We don’t hate the Warriors, we hate the bandwagon millionaire fans who whine endlessly that everyone against them is a crybaby, or whine when they don’t win everything under the sun or when someone wears a T-shirt mocking the team (ah, you poor babies can’t handle ribbing - or ribbiting)

For the record, I do believe LeBron gets his way more than any other player.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jx223 said:

ETA: There are also reports now that Rondo has signed with the Lakers as well. 

Lance. JaVale. Rondo. Lonzo. What a fun locker room that will be. Have fun with that one, LeBron.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Lance. JaVale. Rondo. Lonzo. What a fun locker room that will be. Have fun with that one, LeBron.

The roster might not make sense, but the team could make one hell of a reality show. (Which might be the plan...)

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Wildcard said:

The rich get richer. 

I wonder if one of the reasons that Boogie decided to sign with the Warriors (not only because it's a much easier path to a ring) is because he was upset that teams like the Lakers/Pelicans didn't make more of an effort to sign him.  So he just went "Heck with it, might as well sign with the Warriors and get a ring". 

3 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

The rich get richer. 

I wonder if one of the reasons that Boogie decided to sign with the Warriors (not only because it's a much easier path to a ring) is because he was upset that teams like the Lakers/Pelicans didn't make more of an effort to sign him.  So he just went "Heck with it, might as well sign with the Warriors and get a ring". 

Yup, and it's a one-year deal. If he proves he's whole, he'll get his ring and get paid.

• Love 1