Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

I'm happy with this victory. It was kind of fun to watch. It didn't look good in the 1st half. But, the scrubs showed up for a change in the 2nd half on the road & helped them to the victory. LeBron did his usual thing & he certainly willed this team of scrubs to the Finals. 

15 hours ago, roamyn said:

Hey, as a Cleveland fan, how do you think I feel?  I would’ve preferred to lose here, than the Finals. Though I’m happy that more national spotlight will be on my beloved city.  However, It would’ve been nice for another team to win for once.

Having appendicitis would be more tolerable than seeing those scummy Warriors win it again or the Celtics winning it all. Besides, the Celtics won it all 10 yrs ago & its not the 80's when its tolerable to root for them. Kyrie Irving is the only person worth rooting for on the Celtics & he wasn't a part of their postseason run. 

Speaking of those scummy Warriors, I expected them to kick the Rocket's ass tonight & it will be the complete opposite of fun. Even Chris Paul won't be much of a help if he plays tonight. He will be the only player on the Rockets that I will sad for when this ass whooping ends tonight. 

@Magog, I think Hayward is more worth rooting for than Irving.  I was saddened and hurt that he demanded a trade last summer.  Not as betrayed as when LBJ spit in our faces on national tv (forgiven in 2016), but still...

(edited)
46 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I think Hayward is more worth rooting for than Irving.  I was saddened and hurt that he demanded a trade last summer.  Not as betrayed as when LBJ spit in our faces on national tv (forgiven in 2016), but still..

Gordon Haywood didn't make that 3 pointer that gave the Cavaliers that championship & why we're not talking about 1964 anymore. ESPN basically enjoyed talking about 1964 & rubbing it in on Cleveland all the time & it still angers them that Kyrie Irving help take that away. 

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Fucking Lebron.  I don't care where he goes, I just want the sports people to stop talking about him.

Now you understand how Clevelanders felt about Michael Jordan all those years ago.  And just like MJ, this #23 is going to be the subject of basketball talk for years to come.  

• Love 1

Do the Warriors know that they actually have play basketball? It's amazing how a 7 game series in the conference finals is just some of the poorest quality basketball.

23 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Do the Warriors know that they actually have play basketball? It's amazing how a 7 game series in the conference finals is just some of the poorest quality basketball.

Does it matter? Those Warriors are still going to find a way to win this game. It is very far from over. 

• Love 1

How depressing. Even the Rockets fans know this is over. Time to turn off the TV, and tune out the Finals. Lebron can’t carry the Cavs past the Warriors- they are just too good.

(edited)

Rough loss for the Rockets. They started out playing well but things came undone for them in the 2nd half. The Warriors turned things up in the 3rd quarter, Houston didn't get some calls in that quarter and they missed 27 consecutive 3 pt shots. Teams being obsessed with jacking up 3's is hurting them, including in important games. It hurt the Celtics last night and it hurt the Rockets tonight.  Missing all of those shots helped cause an unfortunate ending for them. Now we are going to get IMO, an awful Warriors/Cavs Part 4 Final series.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 4
(edited)

In a surprise to absolutely nobody, the Rockets lose. ESPN & Darth Vader are celebrating right now. Those Warriors kicked their asses again in the 2nd half. It also didn't help that the Rockets were shooting brick after brick in the 3rd quarter & can't seem to get rebounds. The 4th quarter should of been nap time for me because I knew the Rockets were not winning that game.

BTW, I really really hate Klay Thompson. But, those Warriors will be idiots if they don't pay him a MAX contract.

Edited by Magog

SOB!  This is why I didn’t want the Cavs to win the East.

These Finals are going to be the lowest rated ones.  NO ONE wants to see GSW/CLE IV.

We might as well just concede now and save us some embarrassment.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, roamyn said:

These Finals are going to be the lowest rated ones.  NO ONE wants to see GSW/CLE IV.

I wonder what the ratings for this Finals will be like. I think the ratings were actually good last year.  Last year, a lot of people felt the Warriors were going to win, but there was also some interest in seeing KD get his first ring.

Now it's like what is there to watch for unless you like the Warriors/dislike LeBron and like seeing him and the Cavs get beat. I don't think it will help things if this is a quick/lopsided series which I think it will be. This is one of the worst rosters LeBron has had and I don't see them pushing it to a 6 or 7 games against the Warriors. At best I think they win one game, and this might be over in four games.

Edited by Jx223
5 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

Teams being obsessed with jacking 3's is hurting them, including in important games.

Even the announcers, who are largely tepid, were saying - why give up all the midrange open looks? This was a terrible basketball series for the top 2 teams in the league. GS basically was trying to lose in the first half, and then Houston threw the ball away every other possession in the 3rd quarter. 

I actually don't have a problem with GS/CLE IV. Rocky IV was great. Seriously though - Go beat them then.

Two home teams in game 7 threw up enough bricks for the three little piggys. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I don't know about no one, but I certainly don't. 

Hard pass on this one. Maybe I'll check it out if it makes it to Game 7. 

You guys are crazy (that are not looking forward to/planning to watch the finals)! The LeBron! vs the Warriors!

The narrative is going to be insanely hilarious. Please do detach (if you are not a gold blooded creature who just died of stress over three and a half quarters and came up breathing only recently) and enjoy tremendously. Houston was the big test.

• Love 1

The Rockets didn't do themselves any favors with the horrendous three-point shooting (7/44? Really?) but that officiating was some of the worst I've seen. I counted at least three times Harden got fouled on a three and didn't get the call and that's not even counting the Harden three over Klay that somehow turned into a on-the-floor foul. That is eleven points at the very least, and the Rockets lose by nine. Officiated by Scott Foster. Surprise, surprise.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, isalicat said:

You guys are crazy (that are not looking forward to/planning to watch the finals)! The LeBron! vs the Warriors!

The narrative is going to be insanely hilarious. Please do detach (if you are not a gold blooded creature who just died of stress over three and a half quarters and came up breathing only recently) and enjoy tremendously. Houston was the big test.

That's true... 3 years ago. 

I have no strong feelings towards LeBron (except a mild jealousy that he is not on my team and a feeling of hopelessness and impending doom when he faces them; but I don't hate him and have no reason to root against him) or the Warriors. And I've seen this match up 3 times now. Like seriously what is left in this series if you aren't a fan of the Warriors/Cavs/LeBron or a hater of one of them?

The first time it was best player vs best team

The second time it was a rematch

The third time it was a rubber match

Now it's boring. 

• Love 2

Steve Kerr apparently thinks that the Warriors would have beaten the Rockets in five had Iggy played. Maybe that is true and maybe it isn't but is that really necessary to say the day after his team beat the Rockets in a decisive Game 7? This is part of the reason it's easy to dislike the Warriors, their sense of entitlement. 

Ha. Players from other teams are calling out the officiating from last night. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ganesh said:

I think the 7 for 44 and throwing the ball away was a little bit more of a factor than the officiating. They just didn't play well enough to win. 

Ariza was horrible. Who misses every single shot, and then keeps trying to jack up threes? CP3 must feel terrible thinking “what if I didn’t get injured.” 

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, twoods said:

Ariza was horrible. Who misses every single shot, and then keeps trying to jack up threes? CP3 must feel terrible thinking “what if I didn’t get injured.” 

CP3 is the one I feel the most horrible for. First time getting to the Conference Finals, one win away from the Finals, and he goes down with 22 seconds left in Game 5. I hate it for him that he/The Rockets have the whole summer to wonder "what if?"

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2

That is a hilarious story. Like you said, they can't keep him, even if it was someone close to him parroting what he said because the Twitter accounts directly bad mouthed current player, leaked medical info, and campaigned for Philly media members to go after current players. If I'm Embiid I'm saying either he goes or I go. 

Between this, Kevin Durant, and Roger Goodell's wife it seems it's common practice for famous athletes (and famous people in general) to operate sock puppet accounts to boost their point of view. I wonder how many of these accounts will quietly go dark in the wake of this story as agents say to clients "See this? Don't let this be you."

Since a bunch of people think (or hoping) that the Cavaliers are going to be roadkill to those Warriors, we might as well give those Warriors the trophy right now & another crummy parade on Oakland. I thinking ESPN wishes that they can make that happen.

No, the NBA and ESPN and all their advertisers want the NBA finals to go 7 games - it is ever and always about money no matter what the fans and pundits might think (or hope). All I want is that no one is injured and LeWhine doesn't get any more rings, evah!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, shoregirl said:

The Bryan Colangelo stuff is crazy..

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

Like even if it wasn't him and it was someone close to him like his wife the Sixers almost definitely have to let him go. This is a really big off-season for them pontenially and they dont need this distraction

Oh thank you Bryan Colangelo, for making the NBA super interesting for a little while before the super boring Finals start. This is awesome. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Oh, you must mean Draymond. Or Alicia Curry. 

Oh, I do mean LeBr....errr.....LeWhine.  It suits him perfectly. 

Or, would you prefer LeFlop?

• Love 4

I thought ABC was rooting for Cleveland every time they fouled Golden State they said it wasn't a foul. It's not bad strategy let LeBron score as much as he wants and stop everyone else.

Good grief, J. R. That was one of the dumbest plays I've seen in a long time, even by J.R Smith standards. Even if you thought you had the lead, why do you not try to take that layup underneath the basket???

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Good grief, J. R. That was one of the dumbest plays I've seen in a long time, even by J.R Smith standards. Even if you thought you had the lead, why do you not try to take that layup underneath the basket???

"Don't think, you can only hurt the ball club."

(edited)

I’ll just say this, if Jordan was Lebron, he probably would have either punched JR right on the court or just plain murdered him, Ripped his heart out, and then make the game winning shot with it lol.

Lesson for lebron, should have been a little nicer to Kyrie haha. But really, sucks to have a brilliant game and just have that overshadowed by Tristan being a dumbass, JR Smith acting like he got a lobotomy at the end of the game, and George Hill putting on his best Shaq impression at the line.

For GOAT conversations, I still have Jordan and Kobe as 1 and 2.  Lebron is still one of the greatest, but in the end, give me Jordan or Kobe.

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

For GOAT conversations, I still have Jordan and Kobe as 1 and 2.  Lebron is still one of the greatest, but in the end, give me Jordan or Kobe.

I can't put Kobe that high, considering that Shaq was the best player on those championship Laker teams.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

I’ll just say this, if Jordan was Lebron, he probably would have either punched JR right on the court or just plain murdered him, Ripped his heart out, and then make the game winning shot with it lol.

I wouldn't blame LeBron if he would of done that. Frankly, I would want to do that myself. 

It has been about 9 hours since Game 1 ended & I am still very angry about it. I'm still too angry right now to even throw up. That stupid blunder & playing dead in OT was kidney stones type painful.  I can't even be happy that the scrubs actually showed up, kept them in the game, & nearly won the game. Instead, one of the scrubs (George Hill) missed the free throw & another scrub (JR Smith) has to get a brain cramp & didn't shot the ball because he thought we were winning & didn't realize that the game is still tied. One glance at the scoreboard during the free throws would of fixed that problem. There is no excuse of this choking that he did. 51 points from Lebron was thrown in the garbage because of this crap. 

I was looking forward to possibly laughing at ESPN (especially Stephen A Smith) over this game. Now, not only is ESPN thrilled that their Warriors won, but ESPN really have something to laugh at. Right now, I'm trying not to get really sick over this loss. I already lost my temper over this game. 

I would of been OK with a split if they would of won it. Now, its going to be even more difficult to get a split or win this series, much less trying not to get swept.

I guarantee that Roomba & Pancake (that SNL sketch) would of figure that out. They also would of known what the hell the score is at that moment.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1
On 5/29/2018 at 2:46 PM, twoods said:

Ariza was horrible. Who misses every single shot, and then keeps trying to jack up threes?

I see you an Ariza and raise you a Robert Covington.  

On 5/30/2018 at 11:50 PM, shoregirl said:

Like even if it wasn't him and it was someone close to him like his wife the Sixers almost definitely have to let him go.

Exactly.  Why is it taking this long?  

4 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

Hey Draymond doesn't whine! He just dirtily kicks you in the junk or the face, but usually the junk. 

My 10yr old son calls him The NutKicker and this never fails to crack me up.  

• Love 1