Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

I only saw the second half, but the Celtics just out hustled the Cavs in the 3rd quarter. It's not like everyone was shooting lights out; they moved well without the ball and got easy baskets and pushed for fast breaks on every turnover. And they got all the defensive rebounds on long shots It's not like they had some complex game plan. 

There's got to be an automatic ejection for pushing a player with two hands in the back when they're in the air going to the basket.  

That was just pure garbage. I can't believe he only got a Flagrant 1. That's a move that's gonna paralyze a guy one day. 

• Love 2
(edited)

That was a very good win for the Rockets last night. Their bench did a really nice job of stepping up and helping them, Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker played very well. It was a much better effort than they did in Game 1 and James Harden didn't have to work as hard. Plus, they shot very well from the 3pt line. They need to try and play more like this. If they do maybe they will end up making this series with the Warriors competitive.

Edited by Jx223
17 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

That was just pure garbage. I can't believe he only got a Flagrant 1. That's a move that's gonna paralyze a guy one day. 

Can the team appeal the foul to a 2 or something? 

I can't believe the Warriors missed so many shot, or were just throwing up whatever. There was one point where Curry was just blowing by people for easy layups and then just stopped doing that and threw up whatever. I know you have to keep shooting out of a slump, but on the other had Kerr has to make them adjust if there's something else there to get points. 

I think they mentally packed it in and figured getting out of there 1-1 with no injury was the desired result. 

(edited)
20 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Can the team appeal the foul to a 2 or something? 

No, the NBA can review the play and upgrade it to a Flagrant 2, or even impose higher discipline if they see fit, but there's nothing the Celts can do other than ask them to do so, there is no official appeals process for this kind of infraction. 

And the NBA has already said they'll be no further punishment.

Yeah it was a "good hard foul" JR Smith. You could've broken a guys neck, but that's a GOOD hard foul. SMH. 

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 1

Well, Boston made the 2 free throws and then on the ensuing possession got a 3 point play for a key 5 points in the fourth quarter that pushed the Cavs close enough to the wall that they basically needed to shoot lights out for the rest of the game just to stay in it. But yeah, it was a good foul I suppose. 

• Love 1
(edited)

You know, Hou-GS trading blowouts is not very compelling. I was hoping for better from this series.

After tonight's walk in the park by those Warriors, I don't see how it gets any better for the Rockets. Game 3 was basically over by halftime & Stephen Curry was toying with them in the 2nd half. BTW, he's fine. I guarantee you that those Bad Boys Pistons, 80's Celtics, 80's Lakers, the 90's Bulls, & the mid 90's Rockets wouldn't put up with Stephen Curry mocking them like he did with ease to those Rockets. Heck, even those Knicks teams from the 90's (back when they were worth a damn) wouldn't tolerate that. Charles Oakley & Anthony Mason would definitely done something about that.

Anyway, I'm not surprised that this series has been a borefest & it will probably be the same in Game 4. Watching a hamster wheel was more exciting than this game & this series. 

Its about time the scrubs showed up in Game 3 on Saturday Night. Hopefully, they can keep this going in Game 4. 

Edited by Magog

Both series have consisted of trading relative blowouts. The smallest margin of victory so far in 6 games has been 13 points, one per series. There has not been a meaningful late moment After Time Out play drawn up yet.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Magog said:

After tonight's walk in the park by those Warriors, I don't see how it gets any better for the Rockets. Game 3 was basically over by halftime & Stephen Curry was toying with them in the 2nd half. BTW, he's fine. I guarantee you that those Bad Boys Pistons, 80's Celtics, 80's Lakers, the 90's Bulls, & the mid 90's Rockets wouldn't put up with Stephen Curry mocking them like he did with ease to those Rockets. Heck, even those Knicks teams from the 90's (back when they were worth a damn) wouldn't tolerate that. Charles Oakley & Anthony Mason would definitely done something about that.

Anyway, I'm not surprised that this series has been a borefest & it will probably be the same in Game 4. Watching a hamster wheel was more exciting than this game & this series. 

Its about time the scrubs showed up in Game 3 on Saturday Night. Hopefully, they can keep this going in Game 4. 

You mean all those teams would actually play defense against them?  That is not exactly the D'Antoni specialty

Though I don't think the mid 90s Rockets would have a chance vs these warriors. 

If tonight’s game went on any longer, I definitely see the Celts winning.  At least this game was an actual game, compared to the other six (in both series).

I only watched some of the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter. Boston got some stops but weren't able to get baskets on the other end. They missed some easy ones to me and passed up some easy ones to get 3s. There were more easy misses to me than forcing 3s. 

There is no way in hell that the Rockets are going to win tonight. Either they're going to get their ass kicked again while Stephen Curry is mocking them again or it somehow becomes a close game & the Rockets find a way to lose, while Stephen Curry is mocking them again. 

I only watched some of the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter. Boston got some stops but weren't able to get baskets on the other end. They missed some easy ones to me and passed up some easy ones to get 3s. There were more easy misses to me than forcing 3s. 

I'm very happy about last night's game. Somehow, the Cavaliers found a way to win Game 4 despite Kevin Love going 3-12. Game 5 will be difficult, but I hope those scrubs will show up & help the Cavaliers win that game. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Magog said:

There is no way in hell that the Rockets are going to win tonight. Either they're going to get their ass kicked again while Stephen Curry is mocking them again or it somehow becomes a close game & the Rockets find a way to lose, while Stephen Curry is mocking them again. 

I'm very happy about last night's game. Somehow, the Cavaliers found a way to win Game 4 despite Kevin Love going 3-12. Game 5 will be difficult, but I hope those scrubs will show up & help the Cavaliers win that game. 

Who needs Kevin to score points when he throws the ball deeper than any QB the Brown have had in 18 yrs?  

• Love 1

I was hoping tonight for another type of performance from the Cavaliers similar to Games 3 & 4. Instead, it was another no-show from those scrubs & just another eye-rolling failure. I'm trying to put a happy face about this right now, but its just not happening. 

I thought the Rockets are going to get another ass whooping (down by 10 at the end of 3rd Quarter) & Stephen Curry was mocking them again (scoring 17 points in the 3rd Quarter). Even when the Rockets were up at halftime (53-46), I still thought they're going to lose. But, the Rockets somehow fought back & held on to dear life for the victory. I'll give them credit for that. But, I'm still not convinced that they'll win 2 more games against those Warriors. 

• Love 1

Am I missing something? Why is the Sterling Brown incident not worth a lawsuit? He got tased for no reason, and then the police lied about him being confrontational when the video showed that wasn’t the case. It seems like the police department was quick with “disciplining” these police officers (whatever it was), but it’s still horrifying to see. 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, twoods said:

Am I missing something? Why is the Sterling Brown incident not worth a lawsuit? He got tased for no reason, and then the police lied about him being confrontational when the video showed that wasn’t the case. It seems like the police department was quick with “disciplining” these police officers (whatever it was), but it’s still horrifying to see. 

I don't think you're missing anything, he was wrestled to the ground and tased while providing little to no resistance. He probably should've taken his hands out of his pockets when the police asked him to, but they had no cause to take it as far as they did. 

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 6

I thought that tonight's game against the Rocket/Warriors was a great game. It was entertaining and ended up being a great win for the Rockets. Chris Paul did a really nice job of leading the Rockets to the win. I also hope his injury isn't too serious and he will be able to play in the final one or two games in this series. Eric Gordon also did nice job of coming up clutch for the Rockets in the end of the game. I hope the Rockets win this series, but I could see the Warriors storming back and trying to win it. 

• Love 2

Two games in a row the Warriors with the ball and a chance to win/tie at the end and they fail miserably. 

For such a high powered offense with so many offensive weapons, shocking to see that happen

Last night :  Missed WIDE OPEN 3, Steph missing a lay up and a shot where he is double teamed and should have passed it out, Green dribbles the ball away.  All in the last minute with a chance to win/tie.

The game before, just a horrible set up and bad shot selection, should have called a time out.  Then they get bailed out with a foul call and a missed free throw and Steph misses a great look at a 3. 

I thought GSW would win this series but looks like its going down to game 7 in Houston. 

G Rockets!  

It would be good for the NBA - and the fans - to see a HOU/BOS Finals.  We got our championship a few years ago, that’s enough to tide me over for a decade, or until the Indians get their collective heads out of their butts.  I can be magnanimous abt letting someone else get their time. 

• Love 2

I'm amazed that a so-called championship team like the Warriors played so bad in the final minutes of a close game two games in a row. They just don't deserve to win the series tbh. It's not like Houston was shooting lights out. Paul was singlehanedly keeping them in the game in the middle of the fourth. They just didn't throw the ball away as much. 

This is a dream scenario for the NBA. 

Will see what happens tonight, but at home for the Warriors and with Paul likely out, I think GSW win pretty easily

Then we get two games 7s on Memorial day weekend for the conference finals. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

I give them a better chance then that.

Kevin Love ruled out for Game 7, so I revise it up to 75%. 

I’m a little careful with anointing the Celtics. I didn’t expect them to get past Philly. Having a team in which 3 of the top 4 players as young as Tatum, Brown, and Rozier get this far is pretty unexpected. Was the last time that happened the Durant/Westbrook/Harden Thunder? 

23 hours ago, roamyn said:
On 5/26/2018 at 12:40 PM, Fukui San said:

I give the Celtics about a 51% chance of winning game 7. 

I give them a better chance then that.

21 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Kevin Love ruled out for Game 7, so I revise it up to 75%. 

Game 7 tonight is very simple. I know that LeBron will show up tonight in Game 7. The only thing that I'm really worry about is if the scrubs will show up at all & help the Cavaliers get the victory. If its anything like the 3 games in Boston, then they're going to lose. 

LeBron will have to go north of 50 I think to keep them in the game.

I hope both Game 7s are wild. Even though both series are 3-3, I can't say that there's been actual good, consistent basketball. 

(edited)

The Rockets let a good opportunity slip away when they couldn't maintain their lead on the Warriors and close them out in game 6. I hope they don't lose Game 7 but I could see that happening, especially if CP3 isn't able to go. 

I think that the Celtics also missed a good opportunity by not beating the Cavs in Game 6. It's not good that they don't fare well on the road, especially since they will need to win at least one road game if they make it to the finals and want to try and win it. I'm not sure if they win tonight. I do believe that tonight's Game 7, could have some interesting/negative ramifications for LeBron/The Cavs, even if the Cavs win. It will hurt the Cavs if they lose tonight, but it will also hurt them if they get stomped by the Warriors in 4 or 5 games in the finals.  Their best bet is to try and win and hope that the Rockets somehow win.

I definitely hope it doesn't end up being another Warriors/ Cavs finals. IMO, that would be the worst Finals scenario and the least competitive matchup. It would be a noncompetitive, lopsided and short series.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Great, another Cleveland loss in the Finals and crappy series. They just can’t  keep up with the Warriors. I feel dirty rooting for the Celtics as a Lakers fan, but I was desperate.

• Love 2
(edited)

Very disappointing loss for the Celtics. I think they lost that game more than the Cavs won it. Outside of players like Jayson Tatum and Al Horford most of the players didn't play that well. I thought that many of them didn't play with enough urgency and were sluggish throughout the 2nd half. They had also had poor selection. Especially Terry Rozier who helped shoot them out of the game with all of the 3 pointers that he missed.

I like Lebron and have rooted for the Cavs but would have preferred the Celtics to win. Now I think we will probably get the Cavs/Warriors, and I believe that is going to be the worst NBA Finals we've had in years. Especially with how weak this version of the Cavs are. 

I hope that Houston can somehow win tomorrow which would make things better. But I think that the Warriors will probably win.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

You can't crack 80 points in a Game 7 at home where you hold the other team to under 90? Stop barfing up 3s when every time you drive the lane you're going to the line. 

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, twoods said:

Great, another Cleveland loss in the Finals and crappy series. They just can’t  keep up with the Warriors. I feel dirty rooting for the Celtics as a Lakers fan, but I was desperate.

I think that It's going to be a really bad Final series, unless Houston somehow makes it to the finals. I don't think that it's going to be enjoyable to watch. (Exceptions being people who root for the Warriors and/or hate LeBron and want to see the Cavs get stomped in 4 or 5 games). For a lot of people that don't fit in either of those categories and want to see competitive basketball this will not be a good finals, if the Warriors also make it again. The Cavs will lose badly and we will have another summer of "Where will LeBron Go next?" type of thing.

The only positive thing  I can say about it is this might be the last year we get these two teams facing each other in the finals. Especially if LeBron left Cleveland. Or Boston gets a fully healthy squad/the Sixers improve. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, twoods said:

Hey, as a Cleveland fan, how do you think I feel?  I would’ve preferred to lose here, than the Finals. Though I’m happy that more national spotlight will be on my beloved city.  However, It would’ve been nice for another team to win for once.

But great season by the Celtics.  They overcame massive injuries and stepped it up.  Brad Stevens is a genius.

• Love 1
(edited)

Not only am I a Houston fan and desperately want to avoid a summer of the Rockets and Chris Paul wondering 'what if', to the same extent I desperately don't want Cleveland/Golden State volume four for the Finals. It's not fun to watch Golden State stomp their way to another championship.

It would make it more difficult for sure but I still think Houston could take Cleveland even without CP3. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2

I can understand that having the Cavs in the finals is eyerolling, and I was rooting for Boston. Here's the thing - Beat them then. You're undefeated in your house and you can't crack 80 points in sudden death. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It would make it more difficult for sure but I still think Houston could take Cleveland even without CP3. 

I think that the Rockets could beat the Cavs without CP3 too. I think they will have a hard time beating the Warriors without him. But if they somehow did, I think they could beat the Cavs and win the championship. I do think that a Rockets/Cavs would be a more competitive/entertaining series than Cavs/Warriors.

I heard it may end up being a game time decision if Chris plays or not. I'm not sure if he plays but either way I would like to see D'Antonio try and play a bigger rotation and James Harden have a monster game. I would to see James have a takeover game, where he drops 40+ points and tries to carry the team to the finals. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I think that the Rockets could beat the Cavs without CP3 too. I think they will have a hard time beating the Warriors without him. But if they somehow did, I think they could beat the Cavs and win the championship. I do think that a Rockets/Cavs would be a more competitive/entertaining series than Cavs/Warriors.

I heard it may end up being a game time decision if Chris plays or not. I'm not sure if he plays but either way I would like to see D'Antonio try and play a bigger rotation and James Harden have a monster game. I would to see James have a takeover game, where he drops 40+ points and tries to carry the team to the finals. 

CP3 is a game-time decision, yes. I'd imagine he wants very badly to play considering what is at stake and I wonder what harm it would do him to simply play him a few minutes at the end of quarters and then the last five or six minutes of the fourth if it is close. (And by Golden State standards I consider anything under fifteen points to be close.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Celtics just couldn't hit anything last night.  Too many missed wide open shots, poor free throw and three point shooting. 

Cleveland I don't think stands a chance against either Houston or GS.  Will be surprised if it goes more than 5 games against either team, with or without Paul. 

Then another offseason wondering what happens with Lebron.  Likely Cleveland, Philly or LA.  I just can't see him staying in Cleveland, but I'd prefer it he did.  Would be the weakest team choice.  If he is smart, he will go to Philly.  Then we will end up with the next 5 years of Boston/Philly dominance in the East.  If he ends up in LA, I can't see him even with Paul George and whoever else making it out of the west anytime soon. 

Edited by DrSpaceman

I cannot see LBJ going to the Lakers, or anyone in the West.  Not only that, he’d have to work with Stage Father Ball.  Both are too controlling.  

I think Philly has a higher chance.  It’s closer to Cleveland and Savannah’s family (she’s a major reason he came back to Cleve). But LeBron “coaches” the Cavs for the most part, and he probably won’t be allowed that anywhere else.

Philly and Boston project to be much better next year without any radical personnel changes and both with resources to improve further. I hope LeBron doesn’t go to Philly as I want to see Boston and Philly go at it and grow up together for years to come. 

• Love 1