Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, DrSpaceman said:

Vogel did a good job when he was with the Pacers.

I'm sure he will get another chance somewhere.  The magic are just a mess, no one is winning there

Will not be surprised if the Hornets coach (Steve Clifford, for those outside the Charlotte area and who could not pick him out of a police line up, which is most fans) is fired as well, even though I don't put a lot of the blame on him for the team...

Pacers just dominated the Cavs today, even with Lebron playing almost the entire game.  Not sure why they didn't have him in the paint and down low more today, would expect that to happen in Game 2.  That is his first First Round playoff game loss in 6 years.  Not first series loss, he has never lost a first round series.  His first playoff GAME lost in the first round in 6 years. 

The Hornets did end up firing Steve. I wonder who will end up being the next coach for that team and for the Magic and Knicks team.

I was glad that the Pacers played well today. Even though they are the underdog in this series, I am not surprised they played well. They had stretches in the regular season where they played well and they did beat the Cavs 3 out of 4 times in regular season. Victor Oladipo has been doing a nice job this year.

I think that the playoffs have had an interesting start so far. I thought that the Sixers looked impressive last night. Ben Simmons played well and even Markelle Fultz had some nice moments as well. He missed a lot of the season but he was solid yesterday and it didn't seem like the moment was too big for him.

I am also glad that the Thunder won tonight. Paul George played very well. I do think that Donovan Mitchell is very impressive and I hope his injury isn't too serious. And I was surprised at how close the T-Wolves/Rockets game ended up being. James played very well, but the Rockets only won by 3. Had the T-Wolves had a bit more production by at least one of their players, they could have won the game in Houston tonight.

Pacers just dominated the Cavs today, even with Lebron playing almost the entire game.  Not sure why they didn't have him in the paint and down low more today, would expect that to happen in Game 2.  That is his first First Round playoff game loss in 6 years.  Not first series loss, he has never lost a first round series.  His first playoff GAME lost in the first round in 6 years

Another day. Another "meh" performance by the Cavaliers yesterday. It was very crappy from the start & the game was pretty much over by the end of 1st Quarter. I can't find anything positive about yesterday other than Game 2 is Wednesday. Hopefully, there will not be a repeat performance. Sadly, I wasn't able to take a nap while the game was on. It probably would of been more productive. 

Speaking of napping, I can't wait for tonight's curb stomping (Game 2) that those Warriors are going to give to the Spurs tonight. 

• Love 1

Dwyane Wade did a really nice job last night of helping the Heat even up the series with the Sixers.

Also, I am impressed with how well New Orleans has been playing in these playoffs so far. They have been playing well and now have a 2-0 lead against the Blazers. Jrue Holiday was excellent in tonight's game and the Pelicans did a great job of hustling, especially during the end of the game.

They fought hard and grabbed a lot of the loose balls which contributed to them winning the game. If they win this series against the Blazers that would be pretty impressive, especially considering how well the Blazers have played this year. And also considering that New Orleans is playing without Boogie.

Edited by Jx223

I am not in any way a LeBron James fan and am rooting for the Pacers but for fuck’s sake.  

First off, why do we need his feelings on the death of the wife of a coach in another conference?  And second, why the hell is Ali directed to ask him that question MINUTES after a game the Cavs won?  I will grudgingly give him props for an eloquent answer but feel that was not at all done appropriately.  Whether he got a heads up or not, the whole situation was unnecessary.

• Love 2

You watch these games and its just hard to not believe their isn't something going on with the refs and favortism from the NBA

Victor oladipo gets two fouls in the FIRST MINUTE of the game.  At least one was a cheap call.  He sits out basically who the whole first half and the Pacers fall too far behind to come back, though they had their chance at the end with on open look at a 3 to tie. 

Lebron.......not a single foul until the last 4 minutes of the game when after his 3rd obvious offensive foul, they finally were forced to call him shoving a defender away from him. This was after he obviously threw Lance Stephenson to the floor just a few minutes earlier and they didn't call it, so the same thing happens a few minutes later in the post and they FINALLY have to call a foul on him.  The 3rd one was an obvious elbow and push off earlier in the game, also not called. 

The Cavs shot great from 3 and Lebron just took over the game, but you take the Pacers best player out for the whole first half basically and give Lebron free reign to do what he wants.

Oh well, one game and the Pacers got the one win they needed in Cleveland.  I still like their chances.  If the formula for them winning is Oladipo missing half the game in foul trouble, Lebron scoring 45 and the Cavs having to shoot 40% for the game from 3 point range, it will be hard to do that 3 more times.

• Love 1

The Pelicans played very well again tonight and now the Blazers are on the verge of being swept by them. I did not expect the Pelicans to dominate them as much as they have in this series (especially without Boogie), but they have rose to the occasion. I am very impressed with how they have been playing. I am interested in seeing how they fare against the Warriors in the next round should they advance. (And I believe they will).

Also, I thought that the Miami/Philly game was mostly competitive tonight until the Sixers ended up running away with the game at the end. I think this has been a solid series so far. I am also interested in seeing how the Cavs fare tomorrow against the Pacers. LeBron played extremely well last night, but the Cavs barely won. I think that the Pacers may have a shot at the upset.

And I was really disappointed with the way that OKC played last night. Once again they were inconsistent and had a bad game. I am concerned they could be eliminated in the first round, due to their inconsistency. I also give credit to Donovan Mitchell and the Jazz for playing well last night. Donovan is doing an impressive job (especially for a rookie.)

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

I thought the Spurs playing at home would be really fired up enough to win it for Popovich since his wife died.   But the Warriors said I'm sorry but we're still gonna kick your ass. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Jx223 said:

Also, I thought that the Miami/Philly game was mostly competitive tonight until the Sixers ended up running away with the game at the end. I think this has been a solid series so far.

It's competitive but the officiating is killing me.  Either they're calling ticky-tack fouls that are BS or they're overlooking genuine fouls that should be called.  I'm still scratching my head about both double technicals that were called.  Wade straight-up tackled Anderson down on the baseline but that turns into a double technical?  And I swear, I've never seen officials refer to replay more than I have this series--and then they'll still get a call wrong.

• Love 2

That was a great win tonight for the Pacers. They did a good job of coming back after being down 17 points. Bogdanovich being hot from the 3pt line definitely helped play a role in this win. Even though they struggled in the first half, I am glad that the Pacers came back and ended up getting this win. This series is interesting. I do wonder how long it will last, overall the Pacers have been looking good in it.

And even though they lost, I did like the suits the Cavs were wearing lol.

Also, I was glad to see the Wizards get a win tonight. Toronto is still the favorite in that series but at least the Wizards won't get swept.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

That was a great win tonight for the Pacers. They did a good job of coming back after being down 17 points. Bogdanovich being hot from the 3pt line definitely helped play a role in this win. Even though they struggled in the first half, I am glad that the Pacers came back and ended up getting this win. This series is interesting. I do wonder how long it will last, overall the Pacers have been looking good in it.

And even though they lost, I did like the suits the Cavs were wearing lol.

The suits were very nice. But, I could careless about that. I'm very irritated that the Cavaliers found a way (being up by 17 at halftime) to piss that game away last night & let some scrub (Bogdanovich) get hot & beat them.

The only positive that came out of this debacle is that I didn't throw up after the game. That may happen if they lose Game 4. However, I got a horrible migraine right now. Maybe, one of these scrubs from the Cavaliers would actually show up for a change in Game 4 & make a difference in their favor. Right now, it could go either way. Either the Cavaliers will wake up & find a way to shake off those Pacers. Or they'll go down in a whimper like I've been seeing in a majority of their games this season. 

Pelicans-Warriors should be verrrrry interesting.

It may actually go 5 games instead of those Warriors beating them up to a pulp & sweeping them.

Edited by Magog
11 hours ago, Magog said:

The only positive that came out of this debacle is that I didn't throw up after the game. That may happen if they lose Game 4. However, I got a horrible migraine right now. Maybe, one of these scrubs from the Cavaliers would actually show up for a change in Game 4 & make a difference in their favor. Right now, it could go either way. Either the Cavaliers will wake up & find a way to shake off those Pacers. Or they'll go down in a whimper like I've been seeing in a majority of their games this season. 

It may actually go 5 games instead of those Warriors beating them up to a pulp & sweeping them.

I am interested in seeing what happens in tomorrow's game (and beyond that.) I wonder if the Cavs will manage to even up the series or if Indy will  get a 3-1 lead. The Pacers have been playing well in this series and did beat the Cavs 3 out of 4 times in the regular season. But maybe the Cavs will step it up as a team and make this a longer series. Maybe the younger Cavs players will step up and help make a difference. 

Also, I am very happy for the Pelicans advancing to the 2nd round. They were very impressive in this 1st round and pulled off a sweep of the Blazers that I don't think that many people saw coming. Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday in particular were great and Rondo did a nice job as well. Happy for them, the rest of the team and Alvin Gentry.

I also enjoyed today's Philly/Miami game. It was entertaining and Philly is on the cusp of making it to the 2nd round. I enjoy watching them play especially Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid.

Edited by Jx223

I think that the Thunder are going to lose this series against the Jazz. And they will deserve every bit of criticism they get if they do. Not to take anything away from the Jazz who have been playing well, but OKC looks terrible. They are playing very ugly, unwatchable basketball, which is unfortunately the way they have played in a lot of games this year. Russ played poorly, the team as whole didn't play well, Billy Donovan hasn't made good adjustments, they are just an all around major disappointment. If they are going to lose this series, I almost wish they would lose it in 5 games, just so this type of ugly basketball can be removed from the playoffs. 

If they get bounced in the first round, this has to be the largest collection of wasted talent, from a team that was supposed to be a contender. They Big 3 should probably go their separate ways, because they haven't really worked together this year. (Though Melo may choose to stay).

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Those Utah uniforms. When did they start cosplaying as the German flag?

I didn't think German flag but I immediately thought,  "Heat Miser" when I saw them.  They make perfect sense for Miami.  Utah?  Not so much.

jazz.thumb.jpg.fad496244a3939c320959df43f500903.jpg  12fb024d380919ba77795a781ddddd3b.jpg.394abc2a123417162a1130f090f99577.jpg

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Jx223 said:

I think that the Thunder are going to lose this series against the Jazz. And they will deserve every bit of criticism they get if they do. Not to take anything away from the Jazz who have been playing well, but OKC looks terrible. They are playing very ugly, unwatchable basketball, which is unfortunately the way they have played in a lot of games this year. Russ played poorly, the team as whole didn't play well, Billy Donovan hasn't made good adjustments, they are just an all around major disappointment. If they are going to lose this series, I almost wish they would lose it in 5 games, just so this type of ugly basketball can be removed from the playoffs. 

If they get bounced in the first round, this has to be the largest collection of wasted talent, from a team that was supposed to be a contender. They Big 3 should probably go their separate ways, because they haven't really worked together this year. (Though Melo may choose to stay).

I still don't think Paul George ever had any intention of staying in OKC, no matter the outcome this season.  Well maybe if they won a title he would have, but short of that, nothing was keeping him there next season. 

I first round playoff loss for him and Lebron together and I would almost guarantee they are both in LA for the Lakers next year. 

• Love 1

Westbrook needs to stop jawing with the Jazz and get on  his own teammates. That second half was pathetic.

ETA NBATV I just can't with Isiah Thomas. I still believe his accuser. 

8 hours ago, xaxat said:

Westbrook needs to stop jawing with the Jazz and get on  his own teammates. That second half was pathetic.

ETA NBATV I just can't with Isiah Thomas. I still believe his accuser. 

Isiah Thomas attended  my alma mater, Indiana, and he helped them win a title there

And I still can't stand him.  His entire post playing career has been a disaster, at every stop.  I have no idea why people keep hiring him for anything.  And I absolutely believe his accuser. 

Edited by DrSpaceman
  • Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, DrSpaceman said:

I still don't think Paul George ever had any intention of staying in OKC, no matter the outcome this season.  Well maybe if they won a title he would have, but short of that, nothing was keeping him there next season. 

I first round playoff loss for him and Lebron together and I would almost guarantee they are both in LA for the Lakers next year. 

I wonder what Paul George what Paul George will decide to do at the end of this postseason.

Once against OKC looked bad yesterday and I wasn't surprised by it. I had felt they were going to play poorly in Game 4 and I think they will be eliminated tomorrow night in 5 games. I am so disappointed by how they have played but unfortunately not surprised. They have been playing poorly throughout much of the season. (They've had more downs than ups) and their play is really imploding in these playoffs.  They look very undisciplined, out of control, sloppy, etc....

A lot of this is on Billy Donovan for not holding them more accountable and making better adjustments, and a lot of it is on the team as a whole for not stepping up and playing better. Paul George and Melo have both been inconsistent this year, especially since the All-Star break, (though Paul George has looked better in these playoffs than Melo), and Russ keeps making poor decisions on the court. Melo looks like he doesn't have much left in the tank.

I don't know what happens from here on out with this team They can't even make it out of the 1st round with a favorable opponent, and with homecourt advantage. The Jazz have done a nice job in these playoffs, but I think that Houston will dominate them in the 2nd round. I think that this series is more about the OKC collapsing than it is about the Jazz performing well. Losing this series in this manner, will be a big strike against this OKC team.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Yay Sixers!

But small boo for no more Marc “For the win……YESSSSSS”  Zumoff for the rest of the way.

Heavy sigh, if network “talent” is the price to pay I’ll pay it for a long playoff run...

• Love 4

I am glad that the Sixers have advanced to the next round. They have bene fun to watch and I think they have a good chance to at least make the ECF, maybe even the Finals.

Also, I am looking forward to the Pacers/Cavs game tonight. I think that has been an interesting series, and I am interested in seeing who wins tonight's game. I am not looking forward to the Jazz/OKC game as I believe that the Jazz will probably beat OKC causing them to have a very disappointing end to a disappointing season. And I think that the Rockets will beat the T-Wolves tonight and advance to the 2nd round. 

I can't say I liked the ending, but the Pacers had their chances.  Too many turnovers.  Collison and Oladipo couldn't hit anything

I can respect Lebron and how good he is, but he seriously is the biggest whiner in the history of the game.  He is after the refs after every single call for some type of explanation.  Which is  especially ridiculous considering how almost every call goes his way.  They could call a lane violation on him on every free throw.  Half his drives he shoves off with his forearm for separation.  He obviously travelled on one lay up that wasn't called and that last block was goal tending.  There was one questionable call the whole game he didn't get, the ball out of bounds in the 4th.  Everything else, he got the benefit of the doubt and it went the cavs way. 

But you still see him after the refs after every call.  Including one call he DID get, he needed a five minute explanation why it was a foul on the floor and not a shooting foul. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DrSpaceman said:

I can't say I liked the ending, but the Pacers had their chances.  Too many turnovers.  Collison and Oladipo couldn't hit anything

I can respect Lebron and how good he is, but he seriously is the biggest whiner in the history of the game.  He is after the refs after every single call for some type of explanation.  Which is  especially ridiculous considering how almost every call goes his way.  They could call a lane violation on him on every free throw.  Half his drives he shoves off with his forearm for separation.  He obviously travelled on one lay up that wasn't called and that last block was goal tending.  There was one questionable call the whole game he didn't get, the ball out of bounds in the 4th.  Everything else, he got the benefit of the doubt and it went the cavs way. 

But you still see him after the refs after every call.  Including one call he DID get, he needed a five minute explanation why it was a foul on the floor and not a shooting foul. 

The biggest baby in the NBA. I don't care how talented he is, he makes the league look bad.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, DrSpaceman said:

I can respect Lebron and how good he is, but he seriously is the biggest whiner in the history of the game. 

Bigger than Kareem or Tim Duncan?

• Love 1

The Pacers let another game slip away from them against the Cavs. Though LeBron played great and led the Cavs to the win.The two wins the Cavs have had have come behind LeBron scoring 40+points in each game. I do think that the Pacers still have a shot in this series but they definitely have to put together a strong enough effort tomorrow night to push this to a Game 7. And then get the win in Cleveland. I think this has been a good series between these two teams.

Also, I was surprised that OKC won last night. I went to sleep very disappointed with how they were playing and thinking they were going to get blown out. They weren't playing with any effort or heart and Billy Donovan wasn't do much of anything to help them. When I went to sleep they were down by like 25 points. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning and saw they had won. I'm glad that Russ took over and willed them to this win. He didn't play well in the first half, but he got it together and played very well in the 2nd half and helped carry the team to a win. Paul George helped a lot of as well. 

I still think the Jazz win this series and probably tomorrow night, but I am glad that OKC ended up winning last night. I hope they play decent tomorrow night even if they lose. 

Edited by Jx223

Another ass kicking for the Cavs.  On to game 7. 

Cavs are probably still going to win the series.  Pacers have been in this situation so many times in the playoffs and it never goes well.  Had a game 7 vs Lebron with the Heat and lost.  Game 7 vs Jordan in 1998 and lost.  Game 7 vs Ewing in 1994 and lost.  Odds aren't with them but certainly no one predicted before this season this pacers team would even be in the playoffs, let alone in a game 7 vs Lebron James and the Cavs. 

5 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

Cavs are probably still going to win the series.  Pacers have been in this situation so many times in the playoffs and it never goes well.  Had a game 7 vs Lebron with the Heat and lost.  Game 7 vs Jordan in 1998 and lost.  Game 7 vs Ewing in 1994 and lost.  Odds aren't with them but certainly no one predicted before this season this pacers team would even be in the playoffs, let alone in a game 7 vs Lebron James and the Cavs. 

I figure Indiana would force Game 7, but I didn't think they'd beat the brakes off them tonight. And you're right, LeBron will probably will them to the next round, but any illusions about title hopes need to go bye-bye.

12 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

The Pacers really did play great tonight and dominated the Cavs. They had 7 players in double digits. Oladipo played very well and Lance did a nice job too. I thought that Lance did a nice job of helping run things on the floor when Oladipo rested some in the 2nd half. I am glad there will be a game 7 and I give the Pacers a chance to win it. I do think that Lebron might have another big game, but maybe the Pacers will have another good team game and that will be enough to get them the win. LeBron really hasn't gotten much help from his teammates this series, and has been carrying the Cavs.

I think it might take another really big game for him and/or some significant help from other Cavs players for the Cavs to win this series. (And/or the Pacers playing poorly in Game 7, which I hope doesn't happen.)

Edited by Jx223

I just envision another game where Lebron scores 40+, takes over the game himself by driving frequently to draw fouls with few passes or outside shots and of course gets every call in a game 7 at home. 

Which is a shame because a DeRozan vs Oladipo match up in the second round is intriguing. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

I just envision another game where Lebron scores 40+, takes over the game himself by driving frequently to draw fouls with few passes or outside shots and of course gets every call in a game 7 at home. 

Which is a shame because a DeRozan vs Oladipo match up in the second round is intriguing. 

This could happen. But maybe Oladipo has another good game and Indy does enough in spite of LeBron putting up a big effort. Oladipo didn't play that well the last time that LeBron put up 40+ points and the Cavs barely won that game. They also barely won the 1st game that LeBron put up 40+points. I think that Indy has played like the better team in this series and maybe they will play well enough to win Game 7, even if LeBron has another big game. 

Donovan Mitchell played great last night (and throughout Round 1.) He did a nice job of leading the Jazz to the series win over OKC. He is a very talented young rookie. I'm disappointed that OKC lost but definitely not surprised. Unfortunately, they were simply too inconsistent and PG and Melo didn't really show up last night. I appreciate do Russ for trying to get them the win and at least not letting them get beat on their home floor. 

The Pelicans/Warriors game is tonight and I think this could end up being an entertaining series that could be a longer series. (Like 6 or 7 games). I saw that all of the Experts on ESPN.com picked against the Pelicans again (like they did in the 1st round.) I do give them a chance to beat the Warriors even though they are the underdogs.

Edited by Jx223

Watching the histrionics LeBron goes through every time he thinks he’s fouled or when the ref dares to call a foul on him makes me dislike him even more, and I didn’t even think that could be possible.  On the court, I find nothing enjoyable about the guy.

• Love 7

I'm disappointed that the Pacers lost this game. They came out too flat to start this game. That and LeBron having a great game, plus some help from Tristian Thompson/Kevin Love was enough to help the Cavs get this win. The Pacers also failed to capitalize when LeBron went to the bench in the 4th quarter with cramps. IMO, this was a winnable game for them even with LeBron playing well, and him getting some help. They just didn't do enough.

Though, I do want to give credit to Victor Oladipo for how much he's grown as a player this year. I hope he continues to grow and perform well. 

Pacers had their chances

But the refs did them no favors. 

Indiana had the benefit of bad calls in 7 games :  This game Oladipo should have been called for a shot clock violation and the out of bounds play in game 5 at the end. 

Cleveland?  I can't even begin to count, starting with the fact every Lebron drive where anyone comes near him, a foul is called.  Meanwhile this game Oladipo was also consistently driving and was not getting hardly any fouls called on them. 

The 6th foul on Turner with just under 5 minutes was the killer.  That should have made it a 5 point game.  Instead it was 9 and pretty much out of reach.

The veterans and the stars get the calls, has always been that was in this league. 

That is the fifth time this decade Pacers have lost to Lebron in the playoffs.  Second game 7. 

Cavs are not beating Toronto though. 

• Love 2