Type keyword(s) to search

Elle Greenaway: There's Nothing She'd Rather Do Than Put the Bastards Away

• Start Topic

ForeverAlone and I mentioned briefly how we liked the Elle-Reid dynamic to a surprising degree, which inspired me to create a thread for our rogue, scarily angry yet oddly endearing former team member!

I'll admit that I appreciate Elle more retrospectively than I did when those first two seasons aired. At the time, she struck me as little more than yet another 'tough yet vulnerable' female law enforcement agent who we've seen on pretty much every crime drama ever. And maybe she *wasn't* much more than that, but she gave the team a certain edge and specific type of energy that I found myself missing once she left the show.

In many ways, I'd actually consider her the best female character the writers have given us, though that's a fairly low bar ;) Unlike JJ, she was given a few salient personality traits. She was defined far more consistently than Emily, who was all over the place from a socially awkward geek to a dark goth-y type to a semi-wild carefree extrovert, from someone whose one salient trait was that she valued honesty to someone who turned out to be leading a secret life, etc. (I loved Prentiss, but that was due almost entirely to Paget Brewster's depiction rather than the actual writing!) And the writers managed to give Elle an actual personality, complete with a few strengths and (gasp!) flaws, without turning her into a wildly over-the-top, exaggerated collection of quirks like Garcia.

When I rewatch S1, I find myself more and more interested in Elle and in her interactions with the other team members.  I particularly love her interactions with Reid. On paper, they're a duo who shouldn't really click at all, and yet I totally bought that they got and cared about each other. That final scene of Derailed remains among my favorites of the series. (Derailed in general is a special favorite of mine, but that's for another thread!)

What are some of your favorite Elle moments? Did you find the way they wrote her out consistent with what we knew of her character? (I actually did, but i can easily see how many would disagree!) What do you think she ended up doing post-BAU? And am I the only one who'd love for her to return for a couple of episodes?! 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 1

I really liked watching Elle with Reid, because she always came across like his big sister to him. She showed him no nonsense tough love, but she truly appreciated his gifts and what he brought to the team. Since most of my favorite Elle scenes are with Reid, I'll start with them. 

1. Compulsion- Elle is talking through the typical social profile of an arsonist, and Reid slowly starts to realize she could be describing him. Then she realizes it and quickly tacks on the "and he's a total psychopath of course."

2. Derailed- All of the Reid/Elle scenes in that episode, from them on a train together (she showed that she could improvise a bit quicker when she got the ball rolling about the microchip, but once he his mind was prompted, he took it over the finish line), to especially their last scene of that episode. Elle got a bit of insight into Reid that episode.

3. Plain Sight- Reid and Elle's conversation in the police station as they were waiting for the unsub to call. She showed that she might not understand him, but she realizes how valuable he is. Then she gives him a bit of sweet, realistic advice about why he never gets a date. She didn't look down on him or turn him into a joke, but just gently point out that if he wants a date, he needs to ask someone out. 

4. PS 911- Reid and Elle's conversation in the hallway when she returned to work. 

5. Aftermath- And my favorite Reid/Elle scenes of all time were this episode. He was the ONLY one who seemed to key in on the fact that Elle was struggling emotionally after being shot. He offered to walk her back to the car to get her glasses, because he seemed to realize that being alone in a dark parking garage scared her. Their conversation in her hotel room was masterful, and was the one time we really got some insight into her PTSD. 

Away from Reid, Elle interacted well with Hotch, Gideon and Morgan. Unlike Emily, Elle never became really friendly with JJ and Penelope. I'm not sure how much of that was a product of just the writing, or a product of the fact that Paget, AJ and Kirsten are friends in real life. Elle was one of the boys, and she strived to prove herself in the BAU boys club.  But it was good, and realistic to see Elle struggle to balance her love of the job, and a her desire for a personal life. While it was written the way it was in Aftermath and Boogymen, because Lola wanted off the show, but we also saw it in "Unfinished Business" when she was upset about being called in on a weekend, and she was wondering how she could have a real life while working in the BAU. That is something that is highly realistic, and it was good to see it being addressed on the show. Elle was tough when she needed to be, but she also showed compassion for victims, particular victims of sex crimes. That was when specialties were employed, and we really saw that Elle was an expert in sex crimes. It was a good and important niche in the BAU. 

• Love 4

I really appreciate Elle, too, and a lot of it has to do with what you both said about her attitude towards Reid. LDSK is a good one for that, she tries to get Morgan to not mention Reid failing his gun qual, and what does Morgan do? Tries his best to humiliate him. And yes, the hotel room scene in Aftermath is heartbreaking every time. "Then here's to winning." Ouch.

I also liked Elle's attitude towards the men. The storied Gideon, she quickly turned into "Dad." Morgan was her mentor to get into the BAU, or at least she made him that. But I like that she didn't seem at all attracted to His Hunkiness. And Hotch. She always seemed to really want to impress him most, partly because he was the leader, and partly because he was something of a grudging Ideal for her. All the yelling that goes on between them is because of sparks, and, in the end, Hotch is extremely sad she messed up. He does feel responsible, although he didn't "get her shot." (Gideon did, hee)

She came across as a real woman fighting her way in the atmosphere that's tough enough for a man, twice as tough for a woman. Those writers back then are to a great degree responsible for that complexity of character. Now, JJ has no trouble being super-agent and a mom with a bikini body.

• Love 3

I like all the moments and scenes mentioned. These are two of my favorites.

3. Plain Sight- Reid and Elle's conversation in the police station as they were waiting for the unsub to call. She showed that she might not understand him, but she realizes how valuable he is. Then she gives him a bit of sweet, realistic advice about why he never gets a date. She didn't look down on him or turn him into a joke, but just gently point out that if he wants a date, he needs to ask someone out. 

5. Aftermath- And my favorite Reid/Elle scenes of all time were this episode. He was the ONLY one who seemed to key in on the fact that Elle was struggling emotionally after being shot. He offered to walk her back to the car to get her glasses, because he seemed to realize that being alone in a dark parking garage scared her. Their conversation in her hotel room was masterful, and was the one time we really got some insight into her PTSD.

I also liked her in Broken Mirror, when she took down the guy in the end - fought him off, then put her foot in his crotch to find out the location of the missing twin.  And I liked her in Plain Sight (?) when she and Hotch (and others on the team?) come in to talk to the recent victim (but not of the rapist they were looking for) and sees the room and says, exhasperated "She's surrounded by men!" and gets the woman out of the room to talk - even saying she doesn't have to talk about what happened.  But low and behold, she remembered and opened up.

• Love 3
I also liked her in Broken Mirror, when she took down the guy in the end - fought him off, then put her foot in his crotch to find out the location of the missing twin.

Oh, how could I forget about Broken Mirror?! It's definitely one of my very favorite Elle episodes, not to mention a sneaky 'always much more awesome than I expect it to be' episode overall. 

If Elle had stuck around, do you think she would have eventually formed closer relationships with the team's females? Or do you think she just wouldn't click with JJ and Garcia either way and would only have become close to one of the team's females if she worked with Emily or even S4's Jordin who, like Elle, was kind of edgy and defensive yet sharp and in possession of a good heart? 

• Love 1

I think Elle and Emily would have understood each other. I don't think Elle would have any time for Garcia, or cozy up to JJ in any way. Like you've noted earlier, Elle got along better with the men - her and Morgan even went on vacation together (platonically and each with their own hook-up agenda, but still)! 

One of the things I loved about her was that she was this gorgeous dame that knew how to immediately insert herself into the business end of their investigations, and to get herself taken seriously. She didn't let anyone dismiss her, and her determination and need to work were evident, though not strident. I also really liked how protective she was of the victims, while not fawning all over them. 

She could read people really well and I think that was part of the reason she was so close to Reid. She saw the goodness in him, and saw that he wasn't competition, but kindred in that his need to help people matched hers. 

• Love 6

Well, if Elle had stuck around, we never would have had Emily. Now in a perfect world, we could have had Emily and Elle, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. I don't think Elle would have ever been friendly with JJ and Penelope. She didn't really have anything in common with them, and they were definitely clashing personalities. 

• Love 4

Another funny behind-the-scenes thing is that Lola Glaudini and Paget Brewster are good friends. In fact, while they were filming the pilot, Paget came to visit and had dinner with Matthew and Lola. I think it was suggested somewhere that Lola actually recommended that Paget should try out for the part.

I would absolutely love to see how Elle and Prentiss would have gotten along. I always thought there was something hinky about the story on why Lola left. They all kept insisting she wanted to go but Ed once let slip that CBS was looking to "shake the cast up a bit". Indicating to me that it may have been more of a CBS decision and Lola was quiet about it. IIRC, she declined to comment when asked about it.

I admit that I initially had some dislike for Elle with the way she treated some people-- the way she talked to the one woman in the CIA episode really irritated me. I also felt her performance was  bit stiff and put-on at times, but in retrospect, I really miss her. I don't know if she ever would have warmed to JJ much-- but then, JJ did not exactly give her a warm reception to begin with-- and in one of the episodes, Garcia threw her coffee in the trash (I believe it was "Natural Born Killer") because she put it too close to the computer equipment. Reid, meanwhile, raised his eyebrows and moved his coffee away after sipping it.

The contrast between Elle's background and JJ's was interesting. JJ was a small town girl who set her sights big. Elle was from the big city-- probably not the best of neighborhoods-- and had a completely different upbringing. I've heard from some of the production notes that Elle had been raped and that is what drove her to specialize in sex crimes.

I would really love to see what became of her but sometimes I worry about what these writers might do with her.

• Love 3

Awww, one of my first TV Girlcrushes! Which episode is that from, Willowy? Or do we have to guess?! 

It's funny, because I had reservations about Lola Glaudini's acting at first, but now I feel like she was a pretty ideal fit for that particular role. And I'm also feeling like I need to watch Derailed this weekend...for the millionth or so time :)

• Love 1

I always loved this scene. How Elle knew just what to do to help that woman. She could be tough, but she could be kind and empathetic, too. 

ZtijXZu.png

"She's surrounded by men."

• Love 2

Do we know anything about Elle's relationship with her mother? Did she have any siblings? And do we know exactly how old she was supposed to be while on the show? 

As you guys can tell, I've been going through another 'I miss and adore Elle and why didn't I appreciate her more while she was around?!' phase. And this remains one of my favorite shots of the series: 

2upFpHB.jpg

• Love 5

Do we know anything about Elle's relationship with her mother? Did she have any siblings? And do we know exactly how old she was supposed to be while on the show? 

As you guys can tell, I've been going through another 'I miss and adore Elle and why didn't I appreciate her more while she was around?!' phase. And this remains one of my favorite shots of the series: 

2upFpHB.jpg

@mstaken, Lola Glaudini was thirty-four when Extreme Aggressor first aired, so if we think of Elle as being around that age she'd have been nearly thirty-six when she left. I was surprised to discover that she was only on the show for twenty-eight episodes. She leaves such an impression that it seems like longer than that.The only thing that was known about Elle's mother is that she is/was Cuban, and her dad was a cop who was gunned down in the line of duty when she was eight. I don't believe she had any siblings, but my memory is hazy on that point.

And I love that picture too. "How do you think he'd feel about 'Mom'?" "Let me know when you're planning to do that. So I can...run." So cute.

• Love 3

The only other thing she said that could give us a clue was in Fisher King 1, where, as Reid leaves and Morgan asks her, "Does he look OK to you?" she answers, "He looks as OK as I'd be if I were spending 2 weeks with my family." Her extant family doesn't include her beloved father, so, it's mom and possible siblings that she would have friction with, eh?

• Love 2
The only other thing she said that could give us a clue was in Fisher King 1, where, as Reid leaves and Morgan asks her, "Does he look OK to you?" she answers, "He looks as OK as I'd be if I were spending 2 weeks with my family." Her extant family doesn't include her beloved father, so, it's mom and possible siblings that she would have friction with, eh?

Excellent catch! I'm now having way too much fun drawing my own fanwanks about Elle's family. Yes, this is how I choose to spend my Saturday nights ;)

I was surprised to discover that she was only on the show for twenty-eight episodes. She leaves such an impression that it seems like longer than that.

I know, right?! Maybe in some weird way it's a blessing---had she been around longer, she might have been written as all over the place as Emily (IMO, obviously...and I love Emily, but I just think she was often underwritten and very inconsistently written!) , been depicted with the same annoying amount of exaggeration as Garcia, or gotten the JJ treatment, which...*shudder*   

What are people's very favorite episodes for Elle's character? I'm thinking Derailed, Fisher King Part II and Broken Mirror are my top three picks, but I could easily list about 15 more!  

• Love 1

I love Broken Mirror and I love her exchanges with Gideon in Derailed (calling him Dad) and in Unfinished Business where she verbally attacks Scott Harbin and Gideon asks if she's okay. I think she was very gutsy. She didn't have the same kind of vulnerability and compassion that Prentiss did, but I still liked her very much until they had her lose it in season 2.

• Love 1

I really liked Derailed. I remember that Elle wasn't even supposed to be on the train in the original version but Lola really wanted to work with the actor playing Teddy and convinced them to find a way for it to happen. There were so many great character moments in that episode. You could tell the team really cared about one-another and Reid was slightly snarky. I loved how Elle and Reid had to pretend to not know each other.

I really like Elle's shirt in that pic series of Elle talking to the woman. 

I read somewhere that the character sheet for Elle said her backstory was that she had been a rape victim and that was why she was involved in solving sex crimes, but they never brought that up on the series. And in the episode with the CIA, she really came off as a bitch (at least to me) to the female agent. But I did like her initial banter with Morgan-- about how she'd show some leg by kicking him.

I also really liked how they introduced her as someone who went from pretending to be just some random woman who needed to come in to kicking ass in a realistic way. She was tough, but she wasn't over the top and she wasn't bulletproof. 

It's that juxtaposition between what she went through and how she reacted and superJJ and what she went through and how she reacted that makes the latter seem farcical. 

Does anyone remember if there were many scenes with Elle and JJ together? I don't really remember.

• Love 2

Not many Elle/JJ scenes at all, although, back in those days, they actually had JJ and Garcia working the profile from DC while the team was on the road. I can't remember the episode, but JJ promoting searches for Garcia and thinking on her feet gave "liaison" a whole new meaning. JJ was really vital back then.

• Love 1

I liked Elle in Machismo because we got to hear her speak Spanish. I'm a sucker for pretty ladies speaking foreign languages.

But I did like her initial banter with Morgan-- about how she'd show some leg by kicking him.

I enjoyed the Elle/Morgan friendship as well, especially in Charm and Harm when he kept teasing her about having a boyfriend and after spending days on the road together, she finally snaps at him for being a snob and profiles his messy habits. 

• Love 2
I read somewhere that the character sheet for Elle said her backstory was that she had been a rape victim and that was why she was involved in solving sex crimes, but they never brought that up on the series. And in the episode with the CIA, she really came off as a bitch (at least to me) to the female agent. But I did like her initial banter with Morgan-- about how she'd show some leg by kicking him.

I also really liked how they introduced her as someone who went from pretending to be just some random woman who needed to come in to kicking ass in a realistic way. She was tough, but she wasn't over the top and she wasn't bulletproof. 

It's that juxtaposition between what she went through and how she reacted and superJJ and what she went through and how she reacted that makes the latter seem farcical. 

@zaneej, I also read that bit about Elle having been a rape victim, and supposedly it would have been revealed and explored if she had remained with the show. Taking that into consideration, her attitude towards William Lee isn't as surprising. To paraphrase Chris Rock, "I'm not saying she was right, but I am saying I understand."

And yeah, when I think of current JJ going through something similar, its kind of laughable. She'd probably shake her head the way my dog does when he runs full-tilt boogie into the coffee table, then act like nothing happened. Elle was tough, but she wasn't indestructible, and while her breakdown and subsequent departure was unfortunate, iit also meant she was human and therefore relatable.

• Love 4

I remember some short scenes of Elle in the office with Garcia. She put her coffee cup too close to the computer so Garcia threw it in the trash and Reid raised his eyebrows and moved his coffee away. I liked that they had little moments like that. 

I admit that I found it a bit odd that with Elle's job and what she knew about people that she was making out with some stranger in The Fisher King. Although sometimes rape victims become more promiscuous to take back the power. I do wish we'd found out if she really had a boyfriend and whatever became of him. For a brief while I sort of shipped Anderson with her.

Hmmmm, zannej, as the sister of a rape victim, I have to take exception to your statement that "sometimes rape victims become more promiscuous to take back the power." Although there is a percentage of people who, after experiencing rape or a rape-like trauma, react by being reckless and taking risks they ordinarily wouldn't, when rape victims reclaim their sexual autonomy, that doesn't equate with promiscuity in my book. Being sexual and sure of yourself isn't promiscuous IMO. I didn't think her hooking up with surfer boy was being promiscuous, just as Morgan hooking up with beach girl wasn't.

On this theme, though, I never really felt Elle was a rape victim. She worked in sex crimes, and was very sensitive to people who had experienced it, but I didn't get the vibe that she had been raped until after Fisher King. Certain attacks on people can feel like rape because one's autonomy is ripped away from them, and this happened when the Fisher King invaded her home, shot her, and stuck his hand in her wound to paint with her blood. Reid being kidnapped and tied to a chair, beaten, forcibly drugged and forced to endure Russian roulette, that was rape, in my book. A lot of the serial killers on the show who use knives instead of sex organs can still be thought of as rapists, like Foyet. They don't call what happened to Hotch at his hands a knife-rape for nothing.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 4

I remember some short scenes of Elle in the office with Garcia. She put her coffee cup too close to the computer so Garcia threw it in the trash and Reid raised his eyebrows and moved his coffee away. I liked that they had little moments like that. 

Elle: "I was still drinking that."

Garcia: "Not only is this equipment expensive, its also extremely sensitive."

• Love 1

I know that not all victims behave the same way and I'm sorry if I offended you, normasm. The "promiscuous" thing actually came from things I've seen and read involving criminal justice as well sociology and psychology. They used the term "promiscuous". Whether or not you or I would define that same behavior as promiscuous is something else, but the LEOs and psychologists seem to view it as promiscuity. 

I've known a few rape victims and they don't all behave the way victims on TV do. Some of them you would never know they'd ever been assaulted and others are still very sensitive and easily upset. I didn't think that Elle's behavior was inconsistent with someone who had been raped in the past and moved on. 

I completely agree that a sexual component is not required for it to be considered rape-- and that holds true if you read the actual definition of the word. With that in mind: Elle being violated in her home (someplace she should have felt safe), nearly being killed, and having a permanent scar as a reminder could have brought back the initial trauma and made it even worse. She might have figured she would never again allow herself to be a victim and even if it wasn't a sexual assault, she was still violated and it just really crushed her. 

I considered Reid to have been essentially raped when Tobias stuck that needle in his arm against his will. Not only did someone penetrate him with something while he was powerless to stop it, but it made him feel things that probably made him feel guilty for feeling. It was a total mindfuck.

I also agree about Hotch and the knife-rape.

Meanwhile, I do hope that one day they will say that Elle got through the PTSD and came out stronger.

• Love 3

zannej, you didn't offend me, I just hear that word "promiscuous" batted around too often when women are being completely normal in expressing their sexuality, whether it be post-rape or just everyday life. I agree LEOs probably call it that (you would know more than I), but the PTB in that world are predominantly men, and somewhat clueless/threatened at times about normal womanhood.

That's part of what I loved about the original recipe Elle, she was frequently shown to be acting on female victim's behalf, saying an interrogation had gone far enough, interviewing a victim solo without men present, getting in an unsub's face and challenging him about his lack of courage, etc.

• Love 3

I think the question is, did they ruin her character? Could she come back as a PI or a cop again? I'd love to see her turn up as someone who specializes in PTSD in law enforcement, maybe even a therapist?

• Love 1

You may take this with as much salt as you like, but I don't think Elle was ruined at all. Maybe she couldn't be a cop again, and even that's debatable since legally she was cleared in the Lee shooting, but she could be a private investigator or something similar. Oh man, I want this now.

• Love 5

Me too, guys. I'm actually writing a thing now that has her returning to work with the BAU as a P.I. because I can't get the idea outta my head. They seek out her help and Hotch doesn't tell anyone until she walks into the BAU, bag over her shoulder. Reid is thrilled, as are JJ and Morgan. 

If enough people politely request, and since this is season 10 where they could easily revisit people/cases from the past... well, I hope they'd take it under consideration at the very least. Especially with Lola liking the idea. 

• Love 1

I'd like to think that Elle just moved to another part of the FBI. Not sure what she would have stated as her reasons for leaving the BAU, but given what she went through, I doubt they would have questioned it much if she put in for a transfer.

Me too, guys. I'm actually writing a thing now that has her returning to work with the BAU as a P.I. because I can't get the idea outta my head. They seek out her help and Hotch doesn't tell anyone until she walks into the BAU, bag over her shoulder. Reid is thrilled, as are JJ and Morgan. 

And now I am inspired with a whole new idea for bringing Elle and Reid together in my fics. ;-)

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 1

I'd like to think that Elle just moved to another part of the FBI. Not sure what she would have stated as her reasons for leaving the BAU, but given what she went through, I doubt they would have questioned it much if she put in for a transfer.

Didn't Elle hand over her gun and credentials to Hotch in her last episode? You know, the official television version of a resignation? hehehe

• Love 2

She did. That's why I think she's a PI now. She had to find her way back to law enforcement some way. I can easily see this being hers. Either this, or Bounty Hunter. 

Ooooh, wait. That's cool! 

• Love 1

Yes, Elle resigned rather than go for the evaluation Hotch made mandatory. He made it clear that if he had actual evidence of what she had done, he would have fired her on the spot and prosecuted her, so, that's why I say she was "ruined." Her career in the federal government was ruined, although, yes, she could go back to local law enforcement or get her PI license. Most local cops would look askance at her resignation, I think, and she wouldn't be able to rise to detective.

• Love 2

I was doing some reflecting, as I often do after watching Elle's last episode, because it never ceases to surprises me how much of a punch in the stomach it is when she leaves for good. She was the first one to decide that the job was too much for her, and I always wonder if it was just being nearly killed in her own home or a combination of things. It was less of a theme back then how tough their work was, although they did touch on it, particularly with Hotch, but she does mention to Aaron that she wonders if she'll ever be able to have a real life while working for the BAU, so maybe she was considering the possibility of leaving anyway. Her light-speed crash and burn in the wake of being shot always seems like the catch-all "reason" for turning in her credentials, especially since she skipped out on the psych eval Hotch wanted her to undergo. I don't blame her for what she did  with William Lee, and I don't think she was about to go on some vigilante kick. Perhaps if Gideon had stepped in and not left her under the impression that it was Hotch's fault Garner shot her, she'd have gradually become more stable. I still miss Emily, and I mourn for what could have been with Alex, but Elle's departure is the one that actually hurts.

• Love 5

Yeah, Costar. Watching that scene where Reid comes to her room (I adore this scene for what it says about the both of them), and he's telling her she won. And she looks at him, smiles and raises her glass. "Then here's to winning." She takes a sip, eyes downcast, and, after several seconds have passed, her eyes flick up to nail the viewer with the most devastating glare. It brings me chills and tears every time.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 3

I did like that despite the fact that Reid was being pushier than normal, she didn't get mad at him. She knew he didn't fully understand what she was going through, but she also knew that he wanted to help and that he cared.

I still wonder just how much Reid drank and what else Elle said to him.

I think I've seen more than one fanfic where Elle later came back with a genius kid in tow and had never told Reid about it.

• Love 2

. "Then here's to winning."

"Then here's to winning" makes me say "Ouch" every time, because it's so obvious that she doesn't mean it. The look in her eyes just makes me ache for her.

I think I've seen more than one fanfic where Elle later came back with a genius kid in tow and had never told Reid about it.

I'm sure there have to be at least a few, and I've been struggling against the idea of an Oops for them in my writing because it seems like A) a cliche and B) out of character for Reid considering Diana's illness.

• Love 1

I did like that despite the fact that Reid was being pushier than normal, she didn't get mad at him. She knew he didn't fully understand what she was going through, but she also knew that he wanted to help and that he cared.

He seems to know just how inept he is at comforting/encouraging her, and i think, if they hadn't focused on her till she gives the camera that fatal look, we would have seen him toast her and sheepishly drink his drink. Then he would have tried to think of something else to say, and she would have changed the subject. When he finished his drink, she would have said, "Thanks, Reid, I feel better. Go get some rest. See you tomorrow," and pushed him out the door. And had another drink. Poor Elle.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 2

Been watching season 1 again and there is just so much to love about Elle. She takes advantage of the opportunity to work with Gideon by asking questions, doesn't act like she already knows it all. But she's fun, too. She's compassionate with victims and their families. She takes an interest in the personal lives of all of the team and seems to genuinely care for them. And she's tough with the unsubs when needed.

• Love 5