Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: New Adventures

• Start Topic

Did Will really need the full karate outfit for his first lesson? They didn't even know if he would like it at that point.

I've taken karate for years. The school will require the gi. Some schools I went to gave the students their first gi as part of their starting costs for enrollment

• Love 3

This ep was on again last night, a couple of times in fact, during a marathon. I just have to say, I missed it during the original airing but I loved the pride, excitement, & happiness in Will's voice when he said "I break (sic) it!" after he broke the "confidence board" in his karate lesson. And I sure hope he's still taking karate; he did seem to like it--especially after the accomplishment of breaking the "confidence board"--& Jen's TH sounded like he'd be continuing it 'cause she thought it'd be good for him.

Plus, I'd like to hear him when he isn't so "timid" about doing the little "martial arts yell" when he whacks a "confidence board", or when he's responding to/repeating statements by the sensei. At least from Jen's Twitter & Instagram, we've seen more of Zoey (& Will)'s ballet lessons than Will's karate lessons.

• Love 1

I think Will was a little intimidated by the instructor because he didn't baby him and he expected Will to focus and behave. I think it's a good thing because Will gets away with a lot of sassy behavior because he's so smiley and cute the rest of the time. Karate is the perfect activity for him.

• Love 2

I am sure Will felt intimidated by the instructor, even though he was Dave's size and had a similar deep voice.  The homework he gave to Will was meant more for Jen and Bill to make sure Will was looking at the person who is speaking.  Will is a spoiled brat!  He appears much younger in his behavior.  He stomps his feet, yells mine over and over and actually pushed Bill and smacked him.  Both Bill and Jen say oops, we said/did the wrong thing and now he is going to have a meltdown then proceed to negotiate or barter with Will.  Will is in charge and I feel sorry for the Kleins who have their hands full with a very cute, smiley boy!  Bill is strengthening his core so when Will pushes him (words of the PT) he can recover.  He will knock Jen down!  Zoey is following suit watching Will get away with it.  

• Love 2

A few things Will is five. He was NOT malnourished, the dr.at the children's home tild Jen watch out for over eating if you google his 1st birthday cake in China tou will see his very chubby face and hands skinny was not a possibility with this chubby guy. Plus he learned that be ready move at the honefrombad behavior and taking foid that was anyplace near him, not starvung, greedy. I have a great pic of him il post the link, he would lay in the floor or next to a baby who was taking bottles, at a year old Will took the bottles from the babies and gulped them dry. Willis and never was mistreated. I agree alot with Grub Kim, Zoey is young Will is 5. She is disconnected because they make it so. The supposed family do not include her, they make sure she as Will says DONNNN TOCH his things, while Zoey loves books Will does not allow her to hold them and look at them if he can stop it. He ignores her like Jen and Bill do. Jen was shocked when Zoey gladly took her pkace in ballet, she seemed like whew finally i count maybe someone will give a damn. She worked hard in class. Will on the other hand did not listen to his karate teacher, that guy didnt care about seebelt he cared about the class so i doubt Will is ever going back. Will didnt like the parents watching Zoey on the monitor during class so his spoiked rotten but rudely interrupted Jen, Bill while they tried to hear feedback from zoeys ballet teacher, Will took the supplies out and tossed them and began a lesson with Zoeys teacher. That boy has zero manners. It was not cute, it was not funny, he was rude and ill mannered. Zoey is always passed over on his account and its as ugly as his behavior.

• Love 1
I have a great pic of him il post the link, he would lay in the floor or next to a baby who was taking bottles, at a year old Will took the bottles from the babies and gulped them dry.

You have a photo of Will stealing a bottle from a baby?

I don't recall any conversation about Will having been starving; Jen has mentioned numerous times that Will was very well cared for in the orphanage.

• Love 1
New Day foster home saved Will's life.

No doubt. My point was he was well cared for at the orphanage -- that once he was in New Day's care, he was adequately fed and likely was not stealing bottles from babies.

From ok.com (a bastion of all things accurate, but still ... :)

Bill and Jen had been warned in advance that Will may be developmentally behind other children of his age due to him having spent three years in an institution, but Jen shares the good news that he had been well cared for in his orphanage so thankfully this appears not to be the case.

Although making progess, Will is definitely developmentally delayed. I hope they hold him back from first grade unless they place him in special education classes where he can progress at his own rate and not be compared to other kids his age without the difficulties he has.

(edited)

A few things Will is five. He was NOT malnourished, the dr.at the children's home tild Jen watch out for over eating if you google his 1st birthday cake in China tou will see his very chubby face and hands skinny was not a possibility with this chubby guy.

This is a misconception. Being chubby doesn't necessarily mean you are well-nourished, same with being skinny as malnourished.

Edited by iamkarski
  • Love 5