Type keyword(s) to search

Wishing On A Star: What We Want To Happen

• Start Topic

We all have certain things that we want to happen on the show. I, myself would very much like to see Jafar show up, providing her actually survives In Wonderland. I think the interactions with him and Regina and Rumple would be amazingly fun.

As the song goes, a dream is a wish your heart makes. What are yours?

• Love 1

Well, like I was discussing with Camera One over at Wonderland (love how that looks when actually written down, BTW), the idea of the showrunners getting to do more anthology mini-series that simultaneously stand as single stories and interconnect with the main show.

Yeah, the whole "stand-alone" thing kinda becomes moot if the connection is too strong, but if the mini-series are supposed to work as bridges during OUaT's breaks, they'd be actually fulfilling a purpose. Plus, more Disney character appearances (without cramping them and then forgetting them at the main show)!

Well, realistically, I would wish for more Charming family bonding scenes with Emma/Charming and Emma/Snow and all three of them together.  I would also wish for another Emma flashback to the real world.

But since this is to wish for anything, I will list things I want to see that will never happen.

• An episode devoted entirely to what the fairies are doing at the Convent, including a flashback showing what preparations Blue was making before the Curse, and another flashback to show how she became the Blue Fairy in the first place many eons ago.  And then having her be useful on a regular basis as a sage and an advisor and as a teacher of magic to Emma.
  • An episode showing Granny's childhood and how she gained her awesome combat skills.  Maybe she crossed realms as a child by accident and ended up as a Joan of Arc type figure.  And then another flashback showing how Granny came to adopt Red.
  • An episode showing Cinderella's life before the Fairy Godmother, with a special guest appearance by Anastasia from the Wonderland show, and also revealing where Thomas disappeared to after Cinders tricked Rumple into signing the scroll.
  • An episode showing how Maleficient put Aurora Sr. into deep sleep, and how all that turned out, and also how Aurora Jr. got into her deep sleep and how she met Philip

Another spinoff idea is to just tell stand-alone "untold" stories for 10-13 episodes about the backstories of all the minor (and usually ignored) supporting characters like Grumpy, Archie, Geppetto, Granny, Blue, plus all the guest starring characters who never got a flashback (eg. Mulan) or those characters who reached a happy ending but we never saw much of it (eg. Frederick & Abigail, Eric & Ariel, Hansel & Gretel, etc.)

Unfortunately, without a continuing story, that might not get people to tune in... but there is so much untapped potential with all the minor characters.  I know the focus of the main show needs to be on the main protagonists, who themselves are often ignored (eg. Charming), but I see all those people standing in the background as glorified extras and I want to see more of them.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6

Now that it's been brought up, I'd really like an episode fully devoted to making Nealfire likeable. Not in the way they try to make Regina seem all victim-y, but actually have the guy get his come-uppance and then try to Fix What Once Went Wrong and have everyone else react realistically to it. Sure, it'd be depressing and a little too "real" for our Disney Fantasy show, but if they're making it such a central point of the story that Emma's life in the Land Without Magic was so sucky, fallout from what happened/was done to her during that time should mirror that suckiness.

It really is a shame how the show gets so caught up in The One Narrative Line of the new Big Bad or Curse that everything else gets pushed aside way too often, especially the characters we're supposed to love because they're the frickin' protagonists.

ETA: totally agree with Camera One on the supporting cast focus wishes. Part of what made me excited about the show at the beginning was the possibility of including and fleshing out all the fairy tale/Disney characters available, but then the budget and actor-related limitations showed us why it's a very difficult format (and the reason why people like Ruby, Mulan or Tink are now glaringly absent even though their very nature and the plot itself kind of make it organic, if not essential, for them to just be there). Yeah, a mini-series of one-offs would be amazing, if only to provide us with selfish closure.

Edited by samhalliwell
  • Love 1

I would love an AU episode that showed us what the characters' lives would be like if there had been no curse, but I feel like this would be very hard for them to execute correctly. For one, they'd have to put nearly every cast member except for Jennifer Morrison in aged makeup and it would probably look silly. Also, without the Curse, Henry would most likely be erased from existence. Lastly, and this is the big one, the Charmings would most likely have lived a relatively happy life without the Curse and the showrunners wouldn't want to us to realize this because it would once again make Regina look horrible.

I really really hope they do Ursula eventually--and properly--and that she makes all the other villains they've had look like cakewalks. I thought Cora and Tamara were going to end up being Ursula at various points last year, but nope (and probably for the best considering Cora died too soon to make an impression and how unpopular Tamara was). The ending of the Ariel episode gives me hope that this will happen. I'm a huge Disney fan, and my love for The Little Mermaid surpasses them all, so I've been waiting for this since the show first started.

I wouldn't mind seeing Maleficent and Jafar (really well-done but wasted on the Wonderland show) be revived in Storybrooke.

• Love 2

Now that it's been brought up, I'd really like an episode fully devoted to making Nealfire likeable. Not in the way they try to make Regina seem all victim-y, but actually have the guy get his come-uppance and then try to Fix What Once Went Wrong and have everyone else react realistically to it. Sure, it'd be depressing and a little too "real" for our Disney Fantasy show, but if they're making it such a central point of the story that Emma's life in the Land Without Magic was so sucky, fallout from what happened/was done to her during that time should mirror that suckiness.

I really really really want that, because I'm shipping Neal and Emma big time, but I want it to be real and earned.  Hook isn't doing it for me, partly because he is too pretty, and partly because I think he has done way too much evil to "deserve" Emma.  Yeah, Neal horribly betrayed her, but Hook's life as a pirate and his work with Cora is much worse on a global level.

I'd love to see Ursula again, especially if she can out-evil Regina.

I want to see more Ruby, too.

*SPOILERS, for anyone who hasn't seen today's ep*

Not a spoiler-follower here, but is it safe to assume that after today's episode we won't be seeing most of the Nealfire closure we were talking about here? I sincerely hope they delve into it more deeply, especially when Henry gets his memories back (which is a thing that is totally happening).

Also, regarding what everyone else has said, I'd love to actually see Ursula and Maleficent in all teir glory. Ruby, Tink, the two couples from the Wonderland crew and maybe Ariel, too, somehow.

I still can't seem to get over that 1) they, again, went with the single most predictable plot twist available, and 2) that they literally had every single character beat related to Nealfire resurface just to have him killed in the end. I'd like to think they'll somehow subvert it later on, but I doubt it what with the obviously intended finality and tragedy of it all.

(Should I be taking all this to the 3x15 thread? Not sure if I'm breaking forum rules or basic on-topicness with all this).

I want a Thanksgiving episode

I want the Charmings, Mills, and Stilkskin families to get together and attempt to have a massive meal together, while also trying to deal with... something, while trying to make sure one person in the family in the dark about anything out of the ordinary.

Think Pangs from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

• Love 6
(edited)

As the show enters its 10th year, Henry has his 21st birthday and a Greek or Celtic god or some friendly aliens come and explain to Henry that they have been watching, and that he is the Final Savior, who will rescue all our worlds from the curse and demon we know nothing about as yet, even now---the terrible powerful SOB who took magic away from this world and trapped it all in the worlds of OUAT.

As the show ends its final season some years later, after great sacrifices and epic struggles on the part of all cast members, Henry is victorious. The submerged continent of Atlantis/EnchantedForest/Neverland arises and, planes circling, officials screaming hoarsely into their phones, dragons soaring in the skies,  the 21st Century awakens to a new world. Henry himself is not celebrating---his dragon has been badly injured, and his family is missing.  Then we see the Jolly Roger, bedraggled, sails torn; it has survived the tidal waves and Emma/Hook and the Charmings and Regi/Hood and Bell/Skin and the kids are safe.

As lengthy credits in fancy script scroll by, we see vignettes of people discovering little bits of magic--fairies in the garden,  mermaids splashing around the Statue of Liberty, an elf explaining to someone in a bathrobe that his contract requires a bowl of milk be set out every morning, etc...

That's what I want to happen.

Edited by mindbird
  • Love 4

Mindbird, do you want the quote that starts

Just reposting from my thoughts here as a record...

deleted?

If you click on the little pencil icon in the bottom right of your post, it will open the post back up, and you can edit the quote out. Let me know if that works.

I want to see Snow as Bandit!Mom. When the wee one is big enough, he gets his archery lessons from Mom( in addition to bladework  with Dad and Uncle Henry And maybe Mr. Jones.) Maybe he has a touch of Magic to him and Big Sis Emma, who's got a handle on her powers by then, can help him with his own 'bridge test', like Auntie 'Gina gave her.

Meanwhile, Henry and Gracie are good, close friends and pals with Hansel and Gretel. The quartet, now older teens, have run-ins maybe with lurking King George or a surprise encounter with one of Granny's relatives. Then? just as Henry is about to say he has fallen in love with Gracie/Gretel/appropriate-aged character, we get some princess who swears that it was prophesied that she marry The Truest Believer. (Of course it's a lie and Emma and Regina are disbelieved because mothers!amirite?)

Then the Dwarves and Tiny have shut their yaps long enough to have a shit-ton of fairy dust/- diamonds. They also found a couple of overlooked beans in the "forgotten year" and also secretly have an ass-load of magic beans. Hell, Tiny even made a hybrid strain that you can eat and it heals you (my beans, my rules.) It makes being a fisherman in Storybrooke a little harder (when people use the bay and not the wishing well), but it's okay overall. But using too many portals in the same area too many times in this world will cause Bad Things To Happen (like being sucked into a Limbo dimension), so usage is something Emma/David have to regulate as sheriffs.

Oh, and since the death of a caster breaks the magic? Johanna is okay and helping Snow with little Baby Boy Snowing! 

Now that the finale has aired, and we got our first glimpse of Elsa, here's what I want next season: Elsa revealed as NOT the Big Bad.

I want her to be angry and powerful.  I want her to be looking for her little sister, who was taken from her years ago just before she (Elsa) was imprisoned in that urn.  I want Rumpel to be the one behind it (and not because she actually wronged him, but because she refused to help/ally with him and he was just being an asshole in return) and I want her story to parallel Emma's with her new baby brother (I refuse to call him...that name and I hope the premiere episode reveals his middle name and that's what he goes by).  Emma will love that baby deeply, as much as Elsa loves Anna, so what better way to incorporate the inevitable flashbacks than by showing their similarities?  

This would also provide great story potential for Rumpel.  Imagine, the big threat of the first half of the season is not truly a Big Bad but someone with a completely justified reaction to Rumpelstiltskin's evil.  Imagine Belle jumping to his defense like she always does, refusing to believe that Rumpel could have done something without a "good reason", only to learn of his personal betrayal with the dagger.  I'd love to see Belle finally be confronted with Rumpel's true nature and for the blinders to come off for good.  She'll end up forgiving him, of course, but it would be nice for him to actually work for it and for her to forgive without ignoring.

• Love 1

I want to see the plot (whatever it is) develop in accordance with how the characters would behave, rather than have them do stupid stupid things just to drive the story in a particular direction.  I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 3
TheGreenKnight, on 30 Mar 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

I really really hope they do Ursula eventually--and properly--and that she makes all the other villains they've had look like cakewalks. I thought Cora and Tamara were going to end up being Ursula at various points last year, but nope (and probably for the best considering Cora died too soon to make an impression and how unpopular Tamara was). The ending of the Ariel episode gives me hope that this will happen. I'm a huge Disney fan, and my love for The Little Mermaid surpasses them all, so I've been waiting for this since the show first started.

I wouldn't mind seeing Maleficent and Jafar (really well-done but wasted on the Wonderland show) be revived in Storybrooke.

I'm hoping for Chernobog from Fantasia myself.  Have him be a threat to both Earth and the fairy tale lands or something along those lines.

• Love 1

If Anna is imprisoned in the urn noticed in Hook's cabin on Tumblr, I can see them finding a way back to the enchanted forest in order to find the Jolly, maybe somehow buy it back.

I do want the Jolly back in Storybrooke. I also want Hook to get a job, someone on TWOP recommended schoolteacher. I can see him teaching high school math given his background in navigation.

• Love 1

Crossposting this from TWOP so it will be available for future mockery (or told you so).

I've been thinking over my wish list, and here are a few items to start with:

I would love for the resolution of the main arc to be a team effort. No more having everyone else frozen, tied up or otherwise incapacitated while Regina or Rumple saves the day. Let the swordsmen and archers fend off the minions while the magic users join forces against the villain. Or let the spell needed to stop the villain require the participation of a group of certain people, and they have to really look inside themselves or look at each other and maybe prove themselves to figure out which person fits which role to allow the magic users to cast the spell. If the story is set up so that a particular character needs a one-on-one showdown with the villain (if Regina and Rumple haven't run out of relatives), then the contributions that lead up to the big showdown need to be acknowledged. Most of the Neverland arc was pretty balanced along the way, but the contributions of everyone else were forgotten at the end. They wouldn't have made it to the point where Regina and Rumple could have saved the day without Emma and Hook, but everyone seems to have missed that, other than Hook seeing Emma as the hero of the whole enterprise.

It would be nice if something got fixed due to a mother/daughter True Love's Kiss between Snow and Emma. I think it would help both of them to see that work.

They've blown through the major fairy tales so quickly -- Cinderella was blink-and-you'll-miss-it, never really touching on the actual Cinderella part of the story. Aurora and Philip are recurring characters whose story was only glanced on. I wouldn't mind revisiting Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, and there seems to be some opportunity here. If Will/the Knave is showing up, then that means we could see Anastasia, one of the stepsisters. That gives us an opportunity for sisterly reconciliation in the present, with fairybacks showing the Cinderella part of the story. Didn't they strongly imply (or even outright say) that this Aurora is actually the daughter of the real Sleeping Beauty we know of? It sounds like they set up a whole, complex story there that they've forgotten. Now that Aurora (and presumably Philip) is in Storybrooke, she can have a present-day story that ties to some fairybacks, and that can allow them to use Maleficent, since her other show is ending and if the movie does well I'm sure they'll want to capitalize on that.

I've been thinking of other fairy tales they could use. I like The Goose Girl, in which the servant switches places with the princess and perpetrates a fraud, but I'm afraid they'd just bring that back to Cora and Eva somehow and make Eva the villain. I was thinking about Puss-in-Boots, and then I figured that could be Hook if he and Emma get stranded together in another fantasy world, and he manages to scam the things they need by talking about getting help for his mistress, Princess Leia, with fairybacks showing him pulling a similar scam as a pirate -- and then, oops, they run into the same person he scammed before.

Rumors were flying in the spoiler thread about Hook turning out to be a prince, but that seems to have just been about the "Prince Charles" ruse, but the more I think about it, the more I like that possibility. There's enough of a gap in his background for it to fit, but he knows (or thinks he knows) enough about himself to not have a reason for curiosity about his background, and him having a background and family he knows nothing about would continue the parallels with Emma. The reactions of him and everyone else would be fun, and it would give him a purpose that has nothing to do with Emma.

• Love 2

Since I can't really picture Elsa as a real villain,  instead of a magic  showdown I'd like the resolution of her problems to be getting drunk at a dive bar with all the female characters (Snow, Emma Red, Regina) , making the beers more frosty for the group by whammying them, and then the party staggering home with Regina and Elsa arm in arm singing "Let it Go."    I may have to write this as a fanfic.

• Love 5

Because it seems that Regina (aka the Bold and Audacious Queen) will end up with Robin, I hope Marian is the one person who sees through all this and calls everybody on everything ("Seriously? You just watched her burn your mother at the stake and you are apologizing to her for saving my life?") before taking Roland with her to go live in Emma's abandoned New York appartment and becoming a world-renowned designer (merging fabulous Enchanted Forrest outfits with a modern styles). I'll miss Roland, but Robin is making some questionable choices if he refuses to believe that Regina was once the Evil Queen and he decides to pick his wife's executioner over his wife. Plus, then we won't be faced with a 7 year old in Season 10 who shaves.

• Love 8
(edited)

This is just an story idea I'm throwing out there. As a disclaimer, it involves Regina. I wouldn't count this as speculation as this isn't really based off anything that has happened; it's a detached story concept.

I'm not totally sure if the "barrier" that traps the characters inside Storybrooke is gone, but if the flying monkeys were guarding it, that may be why. This idea assumes it is, or that at least Regina can pass through it as she has before. Onto the idea:

Since Emma and Henry are moving to Storybrooke from their apartment in New York, Regina could take a trip with Henry to NY to help pack. Emma and Hook could be busy with the Elsa/eternal winter problems back in Storybrooke. During that time, Henry could show Regina around New York a little bit and what his life with Emma was like.

This is why I wish for it to happen:

- Subplot break from the action

- Regina would have a distraction from Robin/Marian

- Regina would learn what Henry was missing from his life from being raised in Storybrooke

- Similarly to the scene at the pond in The Tower, Regina and Henry could have some non-destructive bonding time

- With Rumple honeymooning and Regina gone, stopping Elsa would be more of a challenge

- Emma would have to look into the book herself to find who Elsa is, rather than having Henry there to do it for her. Nice Operation Cobra moment for her.

- Everyday logistic scenes from Offscreenville I've wanted so bad

Highly doubt this will happen, so it's just a wish!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Because it seems that Regina (aka the Bold and Audacious Queen) will end up with Robin, I hope Marian is the one person who sees through all this and calls everybody on everything ("Seriously? You just watched her burn your mother at the stake and you are apologizing to her for saving my life?") before taking Roland with her to go live in Emma's abandoned New York appartment and becoming a world-renowned designer (merging fabulous Enchanted Forrest outfits with a modern styles). I'll miss Roland, but Robin is making some questionable choices if he refuses to believe that Regina was once the Evil Queen and he decides to pick his wife's executioner over his wife. Plus, then we won't be faced with a 7 year old in Season 10 who shaves.

Considering Robin has told the woman who murdered and abused several children that he can see she has a "soft spot for children", I too vote for Marian grabbing Roland and getting him out of there. You know the first time that kid disses Regina's lasagna, all hell will break loose. As an alternative, the Darling brothers can come back and adopt him.

• Love 3

Here's a wish inspired by discussions on the Hook thread about how Colin looks like a totally different person clean-shaven, which sparked an idea of Hook having to go incognito to avoid some former enemy.

I'd like for Hook to run into some former enemy from his pirating days -- someone who has a beef with him about something he did as a pirate that has nothing to do with his revenge scheme against Rumple. I guess it would have to be someone from the Hook era, post Neverland but pre-curse, unless someone else also had something happen to keep them out of the progression of time. Or I guess there could be institutional memory -- that ancient wanted poster about the pirate who stole something valuable to the town, and the bounty's still good. This would probably be more fun during a return to the Enchanted Forest because running into someone in Storybrooke wouldn't have quite the same impact.

It's not so much that I want to torture Hook, but his redemption story is one of the things I like about the character, and while they've really dealt with the things he did on his revenge quest, they've only just touched on the things he did as a pirate and how he feels about that now. Plus, it gives us a chance for more fun Han Solo parallels, if Emma gets to come rescue him. She could do so in a stealthy way, like Leia rescuing Han from Jabba. Or they could go with that other rogue character I think Hook resembles more, and do more like Inara rescuing Mal from custody: swan in (pun not initially intended, but I like it, so I'll let it live) as "Princess Leia" and claim that Hook is in her service, working off his debt to her kingdom. If they execute him, they owe her what's left of his debt, which is huge.

Now that Emma and Hook are "together", I want to see Emma liking Hook for him. I know Emma already had feelings for Hook and what she needed was to trust him, but I'd like for her to swoon over him for himself and not for how much he loves her and has done for her. Because Hook would love Emma no matter what, but I'm not sure how far Emma's feelings would go if he wasn't in love with her.

• Love 2

I’ve been thinking of a couple of things I would like to see next season, but I don’t expect to see them.

1.  I want to Hook to develop his own interests/hobbies outside of Emma.  The original Hook is smart, well read, loved music and flowers (last one is a little weird but truly canon; Barrie felt that Hook had a sensitive (feminine) side that gave Hook intuition).  I would like to see this Hook to show more of his nature.  I would love to see music and books being a passion.

2.  I would like for Killian to have kept drawings done by Milah and Bae while they were on his ship.  I would like to see him share some of Bae’s drawings with Henry and Rumple (kinda).  For Rumple, either Henry would show Rumple some of drawings with Rumple or Rumple hears them watches Hook and Henry go through some of the drawings at  Granny’s.  Belle might even ask if Rumple can join them.  I would like Rumple being snarky about all the pirate, pirate ship and even Hook drawings, but then get very emotional over a drawing of the old Stiltskin hovel with him spinning at the hearth when he was just a poor spinner with no power, but Bae’s papa, showing that Bae never forgot or stopped loving his papa.  I could see Carlyle (sp?) play the hell out of that scene.  I would then like it if Hook and Rumple talk about Bae and it deepens their truce.  See for me, I think Hook would know who Bae as a person was, far more than Rumple.   Rumple was too busy trying to secure Bae’s love and safety that he couldn’t see what Bae needed or really wanted.  Hook could and Rumple would want to know what his son was like.

You know I think I will write a fan fic on this.

3.  I like Hook and Regina being frienemies.  They are good together.  The snark flies well between them and they have similarities.  So the scene I would want is for Hook to ask Regina what she felt the morning after she thought she had killed Snow.  Did she feel empty like he did when he thought he had killed Rumple?  Hook may want to know to see how dangerous Regina is, but it is also a chance for Regina to show some regret and make her not so psycho.

In the villains thread there was a wish that the show bring on a legit villain without magic who also cannot be defeated by magic.  That would actually be an excellent benefit to our world not being friendly for magic users like Rumpel and Regina.  It could easily be done, too, as Storybrooke's boundaries could fall and the magic within the town gets diluted as a result.  This would leave our two Biggest Bads without their crutch and therefore vulnerable to retribution or straight up attack from anyone.  Neither would learn from a magic-less experience, but it would be nice to see them forced to rely on Emma (who I think would maintain her magic since we know she has it outside the town) and their wits instead of a mere handwave.  If they were to learn from the experience, all the better.

• Love 4

I sort of want more of what S2 had in a brief concept: The outside world being a threat to Storybrooke. After-all Storybrooke's now literally the most magical place on Earth; they can only be hidden for so long.

• Love 3

I very much like the above ideas of having magic neutralized and the outside world coming into Storybrooke.  It is no longer interesting seeing all-powerful Regina and Rumple and the newest baddie on the block, and everyone else powerless.  The formula is getting old; too much retread.  In fact, I would like to ultimately see people either back in the Enchanted Forest irrevocably, no more realm-jumping, or assimilated into our world.  No more Storybrooke in a bubble.  It's a dead end.  Maybe that's the last episode of the series, make the people choose.  Then maybe Vincent will lay down next to a dying Rumple.  Sorry, couldn't resist the 'Lost' reference.

On a purely shallow note, I would like Emma to get some kind of fairytale world adventure where she gets to wear an outfit kind of like what Ariel wore in "The Jolly Roger," a kind of feminine adventuring look, with the pants, boots, waistcoat and cloak. I think she'd look both lovely and totally badass.

Preferably with a similarly attired Killian at her side, with at least one good swordfight where they get to team up against the bad guys and she finally gets to really see him be all dashing and capable (since she never seems to get to be there when he's truly kicking ass).

• Love 3

I sort of want more of what S2 had in a brief concept: The outside world being a threat to Storybrooke. After-all Storybrooke's now literally the most magical place on Earth; they can only be hidden for so long.

Yeah, I hope that this is basically the show's finale. After all the magical evil foes they've faced, the real big bad ends up being the non-magical world, and all the heroes and the baddies have to team up for a huge blow-out battle against the army. I wanna see Regina throwing fireballs at fighter jets, and Anton pulling helicopters out of the sky, and Hook and Ariel battling war ships, and Emma blowing up tanks. 

More immediately, I would like to see Henry learn how to fight, so he isn't so helpless all the time. I assume he's going to want to learn soon enough, and there's a good case to be made that he's in enough danger most of the time for it to be necessary. And surely most of the adult men in his life (Charming, Hook, Robin, Rumple) would be on board (Emma and Regina maybe not so much). Whatever happened to Neal's cutlass? Henry should get that. 

I also would like to see the flipside - a villain threatening the outside world. If they somehow brought magic to it, almost nothing would be in their way.

This is basically my Ultimate Big Bad (UBB) the one Emma was truly destined to destroy.

I want an Ultimate Big Bad. I want this UBB to be able to control all forms of magic, light and dark. As Emma is the product of True Love; so is he; but he's the product of true love between 2 villains (Maybe the Black Fairy and the original Dark One) and he was sent to this world to be Evil's savior and unlike Emma; he knows who he is and what he's meant to do. Over the years he has become uber wealthy, influential, maybe even philanthropic but despite all the power he had amass in our world; it doesn't come close to magic. So he surmise a plan to bring the Enchanted Forest to this land. So he sets things in motion.

I would have him somehow connected to the Original Shadow of Neverland the one that persuaded Rumple's Dad to abandon him. Have him be the one who created that special bean to this world (the magic bean Blue gave to Bae.) and basically been the one who manipulated Rumple so Rumple would manipulate others to bring the Enchanted Forest to our world.

So despite the town disappearing and returning between 3A&B he finally arrives. He comes across as nice at first, but people become suspicious later on.  The season would end with a battle, where Rumple, Regina, Blue, Emma, Tink and others all use magical attacks and appears to have defeated him, but all he does is laugh it off, and all they've done is fully restoring his powers and releasing Magic through out the world. And he brings total chaos. Sea monsters begin popping up in the oceans, Ogres run rampant in New York and so much magical mayhem falls upon the earth that it's up to the Storybrooke people that following season to save the world and Emma rallying the entire world to believe in her, defeats the UBB herself and they lived happily ever after.

I want Captain Hook to be able to wear something different in S4. He's the only character that can't seem to be updated to modern dress in 2014 Storybook. It was nice to see him and Emma change into fancy dress for the ball in the finale.

(edited)

This is what I wish would happen in S4 and beyond:

- Emma getting lots of pleasant bonding time with Snow and Charming. I want Emma to find some similarities with her parents. Surely Snow felt the same loneliness Emma felt when she was on the run from Regina - without a home and without parents. Daddy and Emma fighting crime would be awesome too! (Even if her new boyfriend is in tow!)

- Regina getting over her loss of Robin. I want her to stay a changed person, not flip flop by her feelings. I hope Henry can keep her in check.

- Belle to find out about the dagger and start taking Rumple's words with a grain of salt.

- Emma and Henry house hunting!

- Find out where Hook is staying.

- Actual moving from New York to Storybrooke logistics.

- Official CaptainSwan date.

- Something more to Hook and his past besides dashing pirate.

- Red! Tinkerbelle! Aurora! Jiminy!

- Storybrooke town stuff. (Regina actually doing mayor things, town meetings, etc.)

- The return of Sheriff Swan.

- Character depth for Marian. (If not, she's another plot device al a Neal)

- Slower pacing, less PLOT PLOT PLOT

- Once in Wonderland crossovers.

- Red Queen and the Knave to come to the main show.

- More S1 cameos, such as Ashley or Sidney.

- Henry growing up and being a teenager.

- Henry becoming more integral to the plot, as he used to be.

- Rumple being crazy imp Rumple in Storybrooke.

- The return of Walsh. (If he didn't die but just teleported)

- A conversation between Regina and Rumple. I miss their antics together.

- Jafar or Cruella DeVil as a Big Bad.

- Elsa telling Regina to "Let it go."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Here's something I'd really like to see:

Snow and Charming are seated at a booth in Granny's Diner. Snow is facing the door and Charming's seated across from her. Henry is sitting next to him, while Emma's standing near Snow, holding Baby Neal. Hook enters, sees Emma with the baby, and stops in his tracks.

Snow notices this. She gets a big smile on her face then looks back at Charming. He gives her a "what's up?" kind of look. She cuts her eyes to Hook. Charming looks around, as does Henry. The only one who doesn't see him there is Emma, who's looking at the baby. Hook realizes he's being watched. He sketches the Royals a small bow, then moves to stand at Emma's side. He leans in to kiss her cheek then reaches out to lay a gentle finger on the baby's cheek. The baby then latches on to his finger (as babies will). He does the rest of the scene like that, and then has to disentangle himself before he can leave.

Hook has clearly caught a glimpse of his future, and he likes what he sees.

It'll be kinda weird to see Hook in street clothes, but I could see him in a pea coat with brass buttons (for a nautical look) or a black leather motorcycle jacket. Also, V-necked shirts and boots, with jeans. I just hope the wardrobe folks continue to find ways of expressing his character with the clothing choices they make for him.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'd like to see some of the fairy tale characters watch the Disney movies their stories are in... and see their reactions. Storybrooke could have a movie night with a big projector screen outside, or it could just be a CaptainSwan date.

I'd like to see Hook react to Disney Hook, or Snow see her overly cheery counterpart. It would be funny. :)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

I'd like to see some of the fairy tale characters watch the Disney movies their stories are in... and see their reactions. 

Yes! I can't believe more of the Storybrooke citizens aren't totally obsessed with how they're portrayed in our world. Robin was a fox! He must have thoughts about that. (Okay, Robin is such a personality vacuum, so he probably doesn't). Surely Snow is pissed that no one knows about her bad-ass history? 

I'm pretty sure they will never dedicate any significant amount of screen time to it (both because plot plot plot and because they already touched on it with the whole "waxed mustaches and perms" exchange), but it'd be nice if there was at least a running joke with the characters making reference to their Disney/folk lore counterparts. 

• Love 2

I think we need to meet Abigail's brother, mostly because there's ready-made, built-in casting and it's been way too long since Jamie Bamber has been on my TV screen.

Come to think of it, where has Midas been during all the curse stuff? Abigail and Frederick have been in Storybrooke, so it seems like their kingdom must have been affected.

• Love 2

I think we need to meet Abigail's brother, mostly because there's ready-made, built-in casting and it's been way too long since Jamie Bamber has been on my TV

Well, then we.should also see Knave's sister, too! Or, considering how much she looks like him, a genderbent version, even :)

I would like them to bring back the Rabbit Hole. I know it's cheaper and easier to use the same core sets, but all this drinking at Granny's is getting ridiculous. 

Good point.  Drinking in a diner is just, well, boring at least. The townspeople could get busy and spruce up Storybrooke a little.  Didn't Emma, Mary Margaret and Ashley go out to some nightspot for Valentine's Day?  The Rabbit Hole would be a good spot for Will Scarlett to hang, too.  I don't think he can bring his sister, she drowned as a child I think, unless he has another one.  Which would be good, the show needs more sibling relationships (not the Regina-Zelena kind).