Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: I Can't Leave Her

Athena

(edited)

Wow, Riley!! That was intense, I'm surprised by how dark it became. I got taken in by the Riley/Will romance somehow even though it became intense so quickly. I was always afraid that Mr Whispers would be a caricature but I think he was genuinely scary, maybe because he was sparingly used. I'll still need a good explanation for his motives next season. Everyone seemed to be afraid of him but I think this group of sensates has the right combination of skills to take him down. Hopefully Netflix renews this.

I think every reviewer got this wrong, they all got hung up on the mechanics of how the connection works or the substitution of local languages with English (both were eventually explained). They all brought up Lost or Heroes or even Flash Forward but I think the connection to those shows is tenuous at best. It also showed how reviewing a Netflix show using regular tv network standards is a flawed method. You don't watch the first act of a movie and then review the whole movie based on that. Episodes 10, 11 and 12 is when this show hits its stride and I think some reviews might have put some people off. It's darker and has less fantasy than anyone expected (the editing is simple and affecting) and Iceland looked awesome. Those are selling points that don't come across in the first 3 episodes.

Edited by Boundary
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

I've just finished and I want more! I hope it gets renewed soon. I've liked all the characters but Riley bacame such an useless damsel at the end that she became the least likeable character. Capheus had the weakest story (IMO) but his character was amazing especially when he was interacting with other Sensates. My favourties are probably Nomi and Wolfgang. Nomi is such a complex character and she is dating Martha Jones (who looks like she hasn't aged a day since I've last seen her in Torchwood). I found Wolfgang's story oddly touching and I loved his interactions with others, especially with Lito. I liked Lito as well but I thought he had the weakest connection to others. Kala, Sun and Will had great moments but they also had very weak moments. I'm still undecided about Jonas.

• Love 2

Biggest surprise of the season: Freema Agyeman didn't die! I had that character flagged for death from the second or third episode, and she kept doing stupid/dangerous things throughout the season.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow. This was an incredibly good show. I do not understand the bad reviews at all. I thought this was fabulously well done and I loved every second of it. Maybe it was because people were expecting a science fiction show and it really isn't. It is more and action drama. The science fiction aspect is a minor detail at best. If anything this is a human drama so I guess maybe I do understand why people don't like it. If you don't like high concept human dramas or were expecting a hardcore science fiction show you probably felt used.

Otherwise I though everything about this was masterfully done. I loved all the 8 and their stories felt real and organic. I loved that the people in their lives weren't just side pieces to be moved to forward their stories.

And the finale.....lots of really great scenes.

I hope Netflix continues its tradition and renews this for a season 2 because I am so in.

The reviewers who reviewed this badly got it so very wrong.

<---edited because my iPhone hates me.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 13

Wow.  This was an incredibly good show.  I do not understand the bad reviews at all.  

I loved this show too, most people on Twitter love it too but the critics don't seem to get it. I think it's due to preconceived notions about the Wachowskis. I'll be honest, when I heard the concept I was hooked but I had concerns about dialogue but no, it's been a really all-round an extremely well-made show. Like, I thought Lito was just for comic relief but he had one of the strongest arcs. I also loved that Nomi didn't interact with him until quite late in his arc when he really needed her. The characterisation was really the priority and it shows.  But attention to detail was also impressive, in flashbacks Capheus's mother was pregnant and yet there was no sibling in his present, so I kinda expected a story there but I liked how that seed was planted without anything putting attention on it.

.I've liked all the characters but Riley bacame such an useless damsel at the end that she became the least likeable character. 

I really was impressed by the revelation of Riley's past, I think she has more connection to the mythology than the others. Her dad's music triggered the sensates' birth memories and caused her illness, she also has a history with that other dour old woman sensate. But I also want to know why she thought romance within a cluster is such a bad thing. One of the 8 obviously had to be a damsel for us to see them working together in the finale and she was chosen. I just hope next season we see her other skill sets.

Badass moment of the series.

Will: Shit. Four guards.

Sun: Is that all?

• Love 12

Sun was the bad ass of the series. I loved the title of the episode Smart Money is On The Skinny Bitch. I loved all her fight scenes and Van Damme (yes I know that is not his name) reaction to her. Actually all the scenes where they were all just talking to each other were beautifully done.

I also loved the scene where Wolfgang pulled out a bazooka. Another badass moment.

• Like 1
  • Love 15

I am so on board for next season! I love the way they interconnect and support each other for the big fight scene/lifesaving moments, but also for the human, emotional moments. Love and family and courage are just as important to their stories as guns and fighting.

My surprise empathy—Rajan. How ironic that their families thought Kala/Rajan was a love match, when they actually would work excellently as an arranged marriage where love would eventually grow. No matter that his father is horrible, Rajan seems utterly sincere and decent, which is why, I suppose, that Wolfgang could stand to tell her to marry him. (Not that I think it will happen. Wolfgang needs a boatload—perhaps an Icelandic clusterful boatload—of therapy, though. Riley, too.)

• Love 2

I gotta wonder how much this thing cost to do. What with everyone going all over the place, the airfare alone had to be crazy expensive. I liked it and would like to see another season, I just wished we had been left with more of an ending. Everyone just floating around outside of Iceland left me a little empty.

I'm just happy that really nobody died, at least the people I cared about like Hernando and Martha Jones.

And I realized that Daniela is totally me and the rest of the fan girls.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

The benefit of location shooting was that we had no green screen which always feels fake somehow, and the cinematography was awesome.

Can someone explain to me what was the deal with Sara Patrell? This is my take but something's missing. Will saw her as a child, before Whispers killed her, which is why she could visit him. But was it the same girl Riley saw? Or did Riley see Sara in the cave and somehow with Will's latent connection Sara latched onto Will? (Personally that option doesn't work for me). 

Edited by Boundary

How this show managed to create 8 emotionally rich and sympathetic protagonists where some shows can't create one I will never know.

This show is full of so much humanity, and though serious it didn't seem to be taking itself too seriously. When the characters would spout something you'd see in some emo teen's blog I still bought it because there was so much sincerity behind their words. 

Brilliant season, now that I'm finished and I feel like I'm missing my friends.

• Like 1
  • Love 16

I couldn't stop watching and now that I'm done with it I can't shake it enough to go to sleep. I'm glad I didn't read any reviews before watching this as bad reviews might have warned me off.

But I loved every minute of it.... well not the birthing scenes they squicked me out but the rest of it... WOW great television.

I really hope Netflix gives this another seaso.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed that and I am going to miss these characters. I hope they get a second season.

What a harrowing experience for Riley (car crash).

I love that Nomi's partner just accepted all this craziness even tho she couldn't see any of it.  

That was fun.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, would it be safe to assume that Nomi's girlfriend is Capheus's sister? 

Why would we assume that? Did I miss a clue?

Edit: Oh because his sister was given up for adoption. Interesting. But I'm not sure that Neets is supposed to be that much younger than everyone else? I suppose she could be.

Speaking of Neets, my only major issue with this show was Freema Agyeman's terrible, inconsistent American accent.

Edited by JessePinkman
Oh because his sister was given up for adoption. Interesting. But I'm not sure that Neets is supposed to be that much younger than everyone else? I suppose she could be.

Yeah I don't think Amanita could believably be 8 years younger than the people in the cluster.  Plus I would find that an unnecessary twist.

I thought the writing was really uneven, but the actors pulled it off and it was really entertaining throughout.

I felt the same way.  The writing could be weak, sometimes the dialog was quite bad.  But it didn't matter to me.  I cared about these characters so much.  Not even just the eight sensates,  Hernando, Daniela, Amanita etc.  This show did a great job creating this cast of characters I am invested in.

And the premise has yet to be fully explored.  Nothing is resolved.  There are still so many possibilities with the world this show has created.  The way it ends truly demands a second season.

• Love 4

They never said one way or another. I'm assuming she was and that she is Capheus's sister. Especially because she saw Whispers and if she is Capheus's sister she might actually be a sensate and that could come up next season (if it happens).

(edited)

.. Uhm. If she is, it would imply that she is also a sensate (from a different, not-active, cluster)  and that is contributory to why she ended up dating Nomi. That's the only  causal link that could bring the likelyhood of that coincidence down from "Laughably unlikely" that I can think of. Not sure I like that idea, anyway.  Honestly, I figure her father was just very dark or she is an unrelated adoptee.

Mostly because Freema Agyeman doesn't look related to Capheus at all, and I don't think her character is supposed to be that much younger than Nomi. younger, yes, but not by that much. 

Re: Boundary's post: I think Sara Patrell was a member of their cluster who got vivisected as a child. Certainly a sensate, but I think she was actually the ninth member. The age fits, and that would explain why she got contact with will despite him not being really "activated". Proximity and extreme stress. 

Edited by Izeinwinter
  • Like 1

So you mean a cluster can be any number, not just 8? I was under the impression that it was only 8, maybe because of the stylisation sense8. But obviously that kid disappeared because of Whispers, what I don't get is why they all appeared to be in Riley's cave in Iceland, assuming that was a flashback. It's all muddled in my head and I can't make any sense of it. 

(edited)

Wait, was Neets adopted? I thought the mother we met was her birth parent.

Lol, I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't even realize until now that Amanita's mother was white. I feel really dumb right now. :D

Also, how great was the exchange between Will and Lito?

Will: Do I know you?

Lito: We had sex.

Will: Eh... Oh... It... that was ...

Lito: ... very special.

Will: Whoa, hey... uhm...

Nomi: We're on a clock here, fellas!

I like that they acknowledged that the orgy was a bit confusing, especially for the more "low on the Kinsey scale" participants.

Edited by in2dust
  • Love 7

So they'll be OK as long as they keep Will unconscious?

I would really like to understand the motivation of the Whispers character.  Right now it's just an amorphous "evil."  It would be more interesting to have a story explaining why he is going after the sense8's.  

I think it was an interesting series, if a bit hacky in places.  I would have liked to have seen the "power" used for more than fighting and blowing stuff up.  Especially after Jonas gave a dissertation about how regular humans are so good at killing because they can't feel.

Guess what?  Machete ninja fighting and killing your uncle's entire squad of henchmen is not some new, gentler humanity.  

Let's see another series.  I'd watch it.

• Love 2

I mean overall the plot/writing/dialogue was basically a mess, but damn if I didn't fall in love with these characters. And even more so with their relationships. And characters/relationships are always what I'm here for, so I loved it. I am gonna be so sad if we don't get to see everybody again!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

All these characters had lives. I liked the fact the show understood that and incorporated their new abilities into them. It would have seemed weird if all their lives got upended by evil forces of evil. I think it should happen slowly especially now that Dr. Whispers probably knows about all of them. But I would still like to see them have lives outside the main story (which most definitely will be a season 2 plot).

I do think this is a show that might have benifitted as a standard 22 episode season. The finale felt like a mid season finale and not a season one.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm hoping for some eventual clarification on Whispers' abilities. Jonas says in an earlier episode that only members of the same cluster can "share", which he defined as "accessing each other's knowledge, language, skills." Yet Whispers (who I'm assuming to be an outer-cluster sensate, just like Jonas) seems to be able to just straight up read the mind of any sensate who he makes eye contact with. They'll definitely need some sort of info-dump next season to explain the particulars of Will's new situation.

Edited by alynch
  • Love 4
(edited)
I'm hoping for some eventual clarification on Whispers' abilities. Jonas says in an earlier episode that only members of the same cluster can "share", which he defined as "accessing each other's knowledge, language, skills." Yet Whispers (who I'm assuming to be an outer-cluster sensate, just like Jonas) seems to be able to just straight up read the mind of any sensate who he makes eye contact with.

I actually thought that was consistent.  Any sensate can "visit" another sensate they have made eye contact.  When they visit they are technically just a voice in their head and they see what the sensate they are visiting sees.  We see Jonas visit with Nomi and Will.  We see Yrsa vist with Riley.

This is all Whispers was doing.  Visiting Will, being able to talk to him and see what Will sees.  The point Whispers was making, is it makes it nigh impossible for Will to hide from him when Whispers is able to visit him and see his location and who is around him.

Edited by Atony
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think a lot of people said it elsewhere, but I think they're ok as long as they Will isn't conscious anywhere there are a lot of identifying landmarks. Will wasn't able to tell where Jonas was when the latter was in an enclosed cell and the same limitations should apply to Whispers. They just need to keep Will sedated until they're out to sea and they should be safe (for a while).

Of course, it's entirely possible that Whispers has abilities beyond the average sensate. He was able to control the lobotomized patient, which is supposed to be something that only someone from the same cluster should be able to do. Also, did anyone notice that Jonas was speaking aloud in his cell even when he was visiting Will? Are these special abilities of Whispers or are they a result of the medical procedures that were performed? There seems to be at least one special ability that Whispers is implied to have -- while he is free to visit other sensates, we have never seen another visit him. Although... perhaps Jonas has and they just didn't show it? How else could Jonas know that Whispers was on the helicopter?

It's hard to get a real grasp of what Whispers' motivations are, but we can maybe guess that there exists a cluster (or perhaps more than one) that has managed to achieve some kind of world dominance through the use of their sensate abilities. In order to maintain their control, they need to eliminate or at least manipulate competing sensate clusters. Another possibility is that Whispers is a traitor who has agreed to hunt down other sensates for normal humans.

Edited by Woebegone

There seems to be at least one special ability that Whispers is implied to have -- while he is free to visit other sensates, we have never seen another visit him. Although... perhaps Jonas has and they just didn't show it? How else could Jonas know that Whispers was on the helicopter?

We actually did see Jonas visiting Whispers briefly in this episode. When he initially arrives at the facility and is disappointed to see that Riley is unconscious, Jonas pops up and taunts him a bit.

I actually thought that was consistent.  Any sensate can "visit" another sensate they have made eye contact.  When they visit they are technically just a voice in their head and they see what the sensate they are visiting sees.  We see Jonas visit with Nomi and Will.  We see Yrsa vist with Riley.

This is all Whispers was doing.  Visiting Will, being able to talk to him and see what Will sees.  The point Whispers was making, is it makes it nigh impossible for Will to hide from him when Whispers is able to visit him and see his location and who is around him.

I don't know. The mechanics of the escape seemed to be that Whispers knew anything that Jonas knew. I think they even said that at one point. There's also that scene where he asks Jonas how they're planning on leaving the facility. Jonas says nothing, but Whispers immediately says, "Ah, the ambulance." I interpreted that as Whispers reading Jonas's mind.

Now that I think about it, Jonas's explanation in the previous episode for how Whispers found out Riley's location is equally troublesome. His explanation was "Will knows about her. I know Will. And Whispers knows me." Basically, Jonas knows what Will knows and Whispers knows what Jonas knows. If that's the case, then Whispers should already know where the rest of the sensates are, unless I'm missing something.

• Love 3
(edited)

Damn, that was a crazy finale.  I'm pleasantly surprised no one died in it.  I figured the eight were safe, but I thought there was a chance one of their buddies or love ones.  Thankfully, nope: Hernando/Daniella, Capehus' buddy, Riley's dad, and best of all, Neets are all still alive!  Hell yeah!  If this show gets renewed, I certainly want Neets to still be around.

So, Wolfgang's little shin-dig gets solved quickly.  Of course, it almost blows up in his face, but thanks to a quick warning from Will and a Kala created a bomb with kitchen appliances, he's gets his revenge on his uncle.  But now it looks like Wolfgang/Kala might be a no go for now, since she saw him pretty much empty a clip in his uncle's face, and then declares himself to be a monster to her.  He seems to be trying to push her back into marry Rajan, but we'll see if that works out.  I do hope they work on that arc, because as much as I love the actress, Kala's story was always one of the weakest.

As for the main event, basically Riley is kidnap, and they use that time to show what exactly happened in her accident.  About has bad as I expected.  Lost her husband/boyfriend and her baby in that accident.  No wonder she thought she was cursed.  Will breaks her out pretty much with an assist from everyone, but Whisper manages to lock eyes with him, so now Will's in trouble.  Jonas tries to talk him into ending his life, but he just knocks himself out, and I guess Riley's going to try and move him somewhere.  I can't see them taking Will out, so I guess they'll have him stored somewhere, that would be near impossible for Whisper to figure out where he is located.

Usually, I find gay panic humor to be annoying, but I totally cracked up over the entire Lito/Will "We had sex" exchange.  Mainly because of the casual way Lito said it and how Will's reaction was pretty much "What are you... oh, shit, we kind of did!  Wait, there is more to this!"  And then Nomi's like "Guys... time crunch!"

I'm glad I checked this show out, despite the mixed reviews.  It really surprised me, and I've grown to love almost all the characters: not just the eight, but the supporting cast too (Hernando and Neets!)  It's even hard to pick a favorite now.  Nomi is still one of them, really enjoyed Capehus, and Sun is a total badass.  But Lito also surprised me: a great mixture of humor, but also had one of the most compelling and satisfying arcs.  I can't choose!

Well, done everyone.  Even y'all, Wachowskis.  This more then makes up for those crappy Matrix sequels.  Maybe the other writer (can't spell his name: the Babylon 5 guy) was able to reign in some of their more negative traits, and focus on what they are good at.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1
(edited)

I loved Daniela, she seemed selfless.

It's hard to get a real grasp of what Whispers' motivations are, but we can maybe guess that there exists a cluster (or perhaps more than one) that has managed to achieve some kind of world dominance through the use of their sensate abilities. In order to maintain their control, they need to eliminate or at least manipulate competing sensate clusters. Another possibility is that Whispers is a traitor who has agreed to hunt down other sensates for normal humans.

There are a couple of options. That old woman sensate told Riley that Jonas and Angelica (as far as she could tell) used to work for Whispers and they would birth clusters of sensates in order to use them to hunt down other sensates. She also claimed that she too worked for Whispers to use tech to track dna that identified future sensates (but surreptitiously betrayed him). From this I can conclude that Whispers,or his bosses, for some unfathomable reason want to eliminate all sensates by using other sensates. Human governments could be involved. Jonas mentioned how secrets were important for the non-sensate population. And that facility in Iceland, and others like that suspicious hospital that trapped Nomi, couldn't exist without governments looking the other way.

There's obviously at least three sensate factions: Angelica and Jonas, Whispers and his minions and that woman in the cave. That woman seems to have good intentions but very harsh methods. Jonas seems to be, on the surface, working for Whispers but with a bit of wiggle room protects our cluster behind Whisper's back. We'll see how it all shakes out but this show can't move forward without adequately explaining Mr Whisper's motivations.

Edited by Boundary
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm concerned about the viability of Will if they get a second season. I don't knowthat keeping him away from identifiable landmarks will help. It seemed like the only way Angelica was able to hide was drugs. I hope that's just because Whispers had a longer hold on her and Will will have some wiggle room but I'm not optimistic.

Plus it seems like they might off one or two of the cluster to up the stakes if they get a season 2.

I really like the core cluster but I just don't know how long they can keep all of them safe. I hope for a long time but I worry it won't be very long at all.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1

That was an intense finale. I love this show, I hope it gets another season.

Will: Do I know you?

Lito: We had sex.

That was one of my favorite parts. I was wondering if they would bring the orgy they all had. 

I loved everyone being able to use their skills, finally Kala got to use her medical and chemistry knowledge. This show really has managed to create 8 fully formed characters even if some of their stories were disappointing, like DJ Riley. She's still a characters I care about root for. Most shows I barely like two of their characters. I'm even enjoying the love stories, normally I find those the least interesting part of shows but I'm loving, Nomi/Neets, Lito/Hernando/Daniella, Will/Riley and Kala/Wolfgang.

Sun's a badass, I shouted a bit when she just walked up that guard and two foot kicked him off the balcony. I hope some bad karma happens to her sociopath brother. 

Wolfgang is lucky he didn't go into his uncle's house alone, he had Will and Kala with him. I think my favorite part is the other Sense8's just help with whatever the other is doing no matter what it is. It's oh you are killing a bunch of people, here's a homemade bomb. Oh, you need to beat up an abusive asshole, let me help with that. 

I'm going to guess that Riley is the clusters emotional center, like Angelica. She doesn't have a useful skill but they need her to stay whole. She can also probably birth the next cluster when needed. 

Are they going to keep Will unconscious the whole time? If Whispers is a Sense8 what is he trying to do with the other Sense8's? I don't get his motivation, that's why we need a season 2. In order for me to enjoy watching the bad guy I have to understand him. I also hope the others can physically meet up with each other. It's fun seeing them all in each other's head, but it would be nice to see them actually be in the same room.  

• Love 3

There's also another option that Whispers is a psychic vampire acquiring the skills and knowledge of all the Sens8's he murders. Or he just enjoys lobotomising them and hijacking them to commit murders whenever he feels like. Sens8 drones would make the perfect sleeper agent assassins, you place one in a medical care facility and activate when you have an enemy or an information leak to plug.

• Love 1

Sakura12, talking about the combined power of the Sense8-- it's also possible that Some Big Something (corporation?  military industrial complex? government?  pick your random Big Bad cliche) sees the potential force of the eight combined talents into one force.

The Ultimate Weapon is the complete Synergy of Man.  

Give mankind (in this case eight of them) the ability to subsume and the result becomes an almost undefeatable weapon.

Does Whispers want to stop it?  (The surgeries imply, "Yes".)  Or does he want to harness and control it.

• Love 2

I'm still unclear about why they couldn't just blindfold Will.

I'm unclear why people think Whispers' ability to acquire knowledge is based on vision only.  Jonas wasn't looking at an ambulance, yet he knew the escape plan was an ambulance and Whispers got that info from Jonas' mind.  No vision involved.  Jonas knew, so Whispers could know.  

By analogy, if Will knows something Whispers can know it.  

• Love 1

I don't know why people are forgetting that the connection Whispers had on Will is a two way street. Even if Whispers can read Will's mind to an extent, then do too can Will do the same to Whispers and the latter is much more useful than the former. Will can afford to sit on a boat with Riley for the foreseeable future. Whispers can't afford to do the same.

• Love 4

I'm still confused by the visiting terminology.  One is "visit" which is joining a member of the cluster and being able to affect the surroundings (see:  Sun kicking ass on the bridge, and any random "ass kicking" on behalf of another -- Wolfgang and Kala in the salon, Daniela and Lito with Wolfgang against the bad boyfriend, everyone helping Capheus with the gun wielding Superpowers.)  What is the other term?  "Show"?  

Aren't there two different ways to join a member of the cluster where they are?  I can't seem to remember that.

Sharing. You feel what the others feel, access their knowledge, memories, and can see/use it for yourself.

When Will says he can feel Riley's pain, she's sharing. When Lito cries with Nomi, she's sharing her shower flashback with him.

• Love 1
When Will says he can feel Riley's pain, she's sharing. When Lito cries with Nomi, she's sharing her shower flashback with him.

When Lito could feel that Sun was bloated and cramping, she's sharing -- that was one of the funnier moments in this series.

• Love 6

Ah, thanks guys!!  "Sharing"!  Got it.  So, visiting is corporeal.  Sharing is confined to the mental.  Now, one of those needs eye contact, right?  How do they get eye contact if one is in Berlin and the other is in San Francisco?  

• Like 1

It's a matter of in-cluster versus out-cluster. In-cluster, you can share and visit without eye contact. That's why the 8 can visit each other without ever having met each other.

Out-cluster sensates can only visit and even then that requires eye contact beforehand. Whispers and Jonas are both from another cluster, and so require eye contact before they can visit any of the 8.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Just finished binge watching the series.

I like all the characters, I’m particularly fond of Hernando/Dani/Lito, Sun, Capheus, Wolfgang, Kala and Nomi/Amanedia.

That said, am I to understand that these individuals have a genetic anomaly that causes them to be sensates? So why is it that Whispers want to find the other sensates? So he can control them to find other sensates to control and kill? If this is the case, what is his ultimate end game once he’s killed or captured/controlling all the sensates? And how does the Usys (?), cave lady, fits into all this?

Poor Riley, no wonder she was a mess, losing her husband and baby all at once. But God, about halfway through the finale I’d had about enough of her angst. I was like either die already or stand up and fight.

Wolfgang is totally gangsta. SMH. Love him! Like someone said, he will need a buttload of therapy to work through his demons. I like him and Kala and think they have a much deeper romantic connection than Will and Riley who claim to be in love, but Kala will probably marry Rajan considering what happened in the finale. Speaking of Rajan, he seems genuine enough. He really does seem to love Kala, but he’s just too perfect. I wonder if he has a dark side? But then that would be too cliché and I don’t think that’s the route the show is going with him.

The finale was all about Riley’s drama, but the others have individual stories that can be expanded upon in a new season. I enjoyed the show very much and hope it gets renewed for a second season.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

To be fair, most of the other stories got some level of closure before focusing so much on Riley's rescue - Lito realized love was more important to him than career, Capheus "won" the latest round with the gang, Wolfgang destroyed his uncle's operation, Sun knows her father finally saw her and that her brother is a murdering sack of shit, and there is a lot more story to be told with each, but no story can be told all at once. 

I can't wait to see how Lito deals with the pictures becoming public or if he will be start and come out on his on, making the pictures a non-issue.  Whether he works for him or not, I'm sure Mr. Tembaka (?) will give Capheus everything in his power, but he is going to have to eradicate the Superpowers. I want Sun to kill her brother. I want Wolfgang to kill her brother.  I want Will to kill her brother. Hell, I even want Van Damme to kill her brother. I want Nomi to make his hard drive public after putting the most messed up porn on the planet on it. I want Riley to find sounds that will make his brain bleed out of his ears. And I want Lito to lovingly describe in vivid detail exactly what level of hell stupid brother will end up.  

I love Sun in case you were wondering.

Question:  did anyone else think there was more to what Wolfgang's father did to him than just beat him? The exchange with the uncle - you knew what he was doing and didn't stop him - plus the definitive manner of death, just struck me that there could have been other kinds of abuse occurring.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Question:  did anyone else think there was more to what Wolfgang's father did to him than just beat him? The exchange with the uncle - you knew what he was doing and didn't stop him - plus the definitive manner of death, just struck me that there could have been other kinds of abuse occurring.

Not just you. In the scene where his father told him the "facts" of life, then punched him the chest and stood over him calling him names I thought he was about to unzip his pants and either pee on him or do some other horrific act, but thankfully Felix busted him over the head before things could go further.

And I totally agree about Sun's brother, he is a murderous, self-centered coward, horrible person. The thing about him killing their father though is that now he has no one to protect him. So eventually he will destroy himself. Still I hope Sun makes him pay dearly for what he's done.

• Love 1