Type keyword(s) to search

The West Wing in the Media

I am positively giddy at the thought of an Allison Janney/Richard Schiff reunion, so thank you for posting that!  Now I just need to keep on top of when it's going to air (I like the show, but don't watch it regularly).  So, any heads-up -- please post.

• Love 1

I am positively giddy at the thought of an Allison Janney/Richard Schiff reunion, so thank you for posting that! Now I just need to keep on top of when it's going to air (I like the show, but don't watch it regularly). So, any heads-up -- please post.

According to this Tweet, from someone who got to see the ep taping, it was just taped this week, like around the 27th. I thought the article I linked to said it airs in May; I could be wrong. At any rate, it appears to have been taped, like, the 26th (earlier this week) since all the Tweets about the taping are dated the 27th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cjb2m5/status/703460041215447040

And here are Tweets from Allison & Richard about it:

Allison:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllisonBJanney/status/703608558907105280?p=v

Richard:

https://twitter.com/richard_schiff/status/703625482013573121

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 2

Here's a link to the longest (just over 3 minutes) version of the Justice for Vets PSA recently filmed by members of the cast of The West Wing. If you go to YouTube & search "Justice for Vets", there are also 2 shorter versions of the PSA posted. I think 1 is a little less than 2 minutes & 1 is around 30 seconds.

Thanks for sharing that ...

Can I just say wow to 22 vets committing suicide per day?  That one shocked me.  Ugh.

(edited)

I think I read, in other articles about it linked on Josh Malina's Twitter page (he & the other guy have been doing a lot--I guess--of publicity for it recently, like with NPR the other day), you can also find the TWW podcast through other sites, or whatever, that hook you up with podcasts, besides iTunes & the RSS Feed which were linked in the article; but I'm not sure it's on, or going to be on, Google Play for you non-Apple users.

Josh's podcast is called The West Wing Weekly (there's apparently at least 1 more TWW podcast out there, done by a fan).

On his Twitter page Josh recommends that if you're rewatching the eps in conjunction with listening to the podcasts, you watch the ep before listening to the accompanying podcast. So does Josh's co-host (I hope he learns/remembers that the ep he's been calling Galileo V in interviews was actually called Galileo before they get to that podcast).

As the article says, there's a brief preview episode, Cold Open, out now. Josh has Tweeted that the first ep-related podcast (presumably for the Pilot) is supposed to come out March 23rd (this Wednesday), with subsequent podcasts to be released each Wednesday thereafter, until they reach Tomorrow.

Not for nothing, but it seems recapping eps of (most of) his TV series is becoming a "thing" for Josh. Apparently he & Scott Foley also do a blog about their current show, Scandal. Someone suggested on Josh's Twitter that he also do a podcast, or something, for Sports Night; I'm not sure he has plans for that at the moment.

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 1

In other news, TWoP seems to be non-functioning-all you can get is a screen with Tubeelzebub saying "Welcome Back You Devil" and you can't get past that page to any recaps, obviously including the gold that is/was TWW recaps.

However, according to Wikipedia, you can get the recaps at http://www.brilliantbutcancelled.com/shows/. Seemed to work when I tried to get there.

Edited by AriAu

The real question here:  what do we need to do to get on this podcast?  The guy working with Josh said on NPR this weekend that he's on his 5th or 6th rewatch.  I actually laughed outloud and said "amateur"

• Love 3

The real question here:  what do we need to do to get on this podcast?  The guy working with Josh said on NPR this weekend that he's on his 5th or 6th rewatch.  I actually laughed outloud and said "amateur"

this made ME laugh. :-))

• Love 2

I started a new thread strictly for discussion of The West Wing Weekly & any other show-related podcasts you/we might listen to (there's at least 1 other out there, done by a fan, which I found because it also has a Twitter feed).

I thought that might be preferable to "cluttering" the Media thread with talk about it/them, if anyone wants to discuss after new eps are posted; I also thought it would be OK since there's a Podcasts forum above the alphabetical listing of show forums. If I did wrong, Mods please feel free to delete the thread & I apologize.

• Love 1

The cast of the hit Broadway musical Hamilton recently redid 1 of their songs as a scene from The West Wing. The link is to an Entertainment Weekly article about it, & there's a YouTube video of the song embedded in the article.

BW you beat me to that post, which I found by following the The Hamilton West Wing on twitter

https://twitter.com/thehamwing

Popped up through something for Richard Schiff. There are lots of good TWW follows on Twitter, including Josh Malina, AJ, etc

• Love 1

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in here, so forgive me if it has been, but the media is reporting that Ken Howard, better known as that complete prick Peyton Cabot Harrison III, has died.

Edited by sgittinger
  • Love 1

BW you beat me to that post, which I found by following the The Hamilton West Wing on twitter

https://twitter.com/thehamwing

Popped up through something for Richard Schiff. There are lots of good TWW follows on Twitter, including Josh Malina, AJ, etc

Sorry I beat you. But I added the hamwing to my follows, as a result. So thank you for that.

Yeah, there are tons of good TWW follows on Twitter--both in real life actors (among others, I recently found the actresses who played Leo's friend/former Labor Dept. co-worker Angela Blake--whom Leo pulled into the WH staff during some big crisis I've forgotten after not watching in a long time--& who played Kris, a member of the WH Press Corps especially when CJ was Press Secretary) & in people who Tweet as if they're the show's characters.

• Love 1

Has anyone besides me seen the March Madness-related commercial Martin Sheen & Bill Pullman have done, as their presidential characters, where they're talking about their tournament brackets & Martin tells Pullman he just finished his bracket for 1988 & he got that all correct & that's really how you should do your tournament brackets (do a bracket for a previous year, where you already know all the winners, instead of the current bracket where you don't already know the results). Pullman responds by saying he'll have to do that next year, & that's where it ends.

It's a kinda cute ad, I think.

• Love 2

I am positively giddy at the thought of an Allison Janney/Richard Schiff reunion, so thank you for posting that! Now I just need to keep on top of when it's going to air (I like the show, but don't watch it regularly). So, any heads-up -- please post.

According to this article, from yesterday or the day before--I think, the Mom episode which reunites Allison & Richard on TV will air on CBS on May 5th. Check your local listings for the correct time & channel in your area.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/84839/mom-hosts-a-mini-west-wing-reunion/

• Love 1

I am ridiculously excited for this, and have marked my calendar.

Cool! I posted so everybody would know when to watch, but especially you since you specifically mentioned you don't normally watch Mom (& I don't either... I know, Bad The West Wing fan!). I'll try to remember to post another reminder the day before or the day of, in case it slips anyone's mind & they wanna watch it.

I think the plot they described where Allison's & Richard's characters end up meeting, etc., is gonna be funny. Can't wait. And trying not to spoil it for anyone who didn't read the linked article.

Yeah, I'm a sporadic Mom viewer -- maybe half the time.  So I wanted to make sure to watch the episode with Richard, and thus appreciate you keeping us posted as to the air date. 

And, like you, I love how they're using him in the episode. 

This looks DELIGHTFUL.

TVLine

ME & MEAN MARGARET

NBC Comedy

Why We're Stoked: Adam Barr (New Adventures of Old Christine, Will & Grace) is a proven commodity when it comes to writing hilariously cantankerous women. Which is why our internal guffaw function is resting up in preparation for this "unlikely buddy comedy that follows a fiercely candid and often offensive legendary actress (The Good Wife's Stockard Channing) and the ambitious 27-year-old lawyer (Allegiance's Gavin Stenhouse) forced to babysit her.

• Love 1

Allison Janney appeared at the real press briefing today, filling in for the real press secretary who was ostensibly out after a "root canal"--she was in character to start the briefing, and invited the press corps to see her perform "The Jackal" at 5:30 today.  Then she reverted to being Allison and spoke on the issue of opioid addiction.  As the real press secretary returned and she was getting ready to leave, a reporter addressed her as CJ and asked who President Bartlet was supporting in the Democratic primaries . . .

Kinda made my day.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/allison-janney-stops-white-house-press-briefing-cj-38767352

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, clarkbar said:

Allison Janney appeared at the real press briefing today, filling in for the real press secretary who was ostensibly out after a "root canal"--she was in character to start the briefing, and invited the press corps to see her perform "The Jackal" at 5:30 today.  Then she reverted to being Allison and spoke on the issue of opioid addiction.  As the real press secretary returned and she was getting ready to leave, a reporter addressed her as CJ and asked who President Bartlet was supporting in the Democratic primaries . . .

Kinda made my day.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/allison-janney-stops-white-house-press-briefing-cj-38767352

I was just coming here to share this. :)

This was so damn cool...I also love when the cast reunites for other political stuff like Mary McCormack's sister running for the judiciary and the stuff Melissa Fitzgerald is doing with Justice For Vets.

• Love 1

It's White House Correspondents' Dinner (aka "Nerdprom") Weekend in DC. That's apparently part of the reason Allison is/was in town. I don't know if she, or any other former TWW cast member, is invited to "Nerdprom" this year, but 1 of the TWW feeds on my Twitter had a pic of Allison, Melissa Fitzgerald, & Dulé Hill at 1 of the "pre-parties", sponsored by actors' union SAG-AFTRA, earlier tonight (yes, I'll edit in the link when I find it again).

• Love 2

Here's the Tweet with the above-described pic. For some reason, the new board wasn't taking the edit. Maybe there's a shorter time limit for edits now (shrugs). Anyway... Use the pic.twitter.com/... part to get to the pic.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

It's White House Correspondents' Dinner (aka "Nerdprom") Weekend in DC. That's apparently part of the reason Allison is/was in town. I don't know if she, or any other former TWW cast member, is invited to "Nerdprom" this year, but 1 of the TWW feeds on my Twitter had a pic of Allison, Melissa Fitzgerald, & Dulé Hill at 1 of the "pre-parties", sponsored by actors' union SAG-AFTRA, earlier tonight (yes, I'll edit in the link when I find it again).

Dule posted a pic last night with the #WHCD hashtag so I think he'll be there. Is it wrong that I'm excited? <#dork>

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BizBuzz said:

That was just all kinds of cool, thanks so much for posting that!

You're welcome. I noticed, after I posted the Tweet last night (which I assume you're referring to), the original poster of the Tweet called Melissa Fitzgerald "Melissa FITZPATRICK" instead. As I remember, "Fitzpatrick" was supposed to have been her character's last name, so whatever.

betsyboo[/i], I don't think it's strange you're excited it's "Nerdprom" weekend. I'm at least excited to see the host do his bit (this year it's Larry Willmore; I think he hosts @Midnight [or something else] on Comedy Central) & to see what President Obama & the White House have come up with for their bit this year. It's President Obama's last WHCD, by the way. Next year we get a whole new president at the event, for at least the next 4 years.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Sorry about the big mess in the above post. For some reason, the new board refuses to let me edit my posts after I post them.

Yeah ... that is on the list to fix, even I am having a tough time because I don't have access to the "source" button ... they are working on it.  Will fix ... no worries.

1 minute ago, BizBuzz said:

Yeah ... that is on the list to fix, even I am having a tough time because I don't have access to the "source" button ... they are working on it.  Will fix ... no worries.

Thanks. Even though I proofread, naturally I miss a typo or more before I hit send. I hit the pencil icon, then make my edits like with the old forums, then hit Save (which I assume is still the process). Only my changes won't save & the word REQUIRED is in red at the upper left corner of my post/response (as if the system thinks the post box is blank, or something, apparently, though I can see the post content just fine). And I don't know why the system won't let me (among others, of course) edit but others seem to be able to just fine, because I do see edit notations after at least some posts.

• Love 1
On April 30, 2016 at 7:51 PM, BizBuzz said:

Maybe post that as a bug?

I will for sure, if I find I'm still having trouble with edits in a day or 2. I'm trying to give them time to fix stuff first. And I'm being really careful to try to catch all my typos before I hit send at the moment.

• Love 1

Melissa Fitzgerald (Carol, CJ's Assistant as Press Secretary) posted this Tweet to her Twitter on Sunday. The photo in it was taken after the WH press briefing Allison opened, in character as CJ, on Friday. It's another reminder of the show, for lack of anything better to call it. Hit the link starting at "pic.twitter.com" to see the photo in question. The only real way you can tell it's not a scene from the show is that Allison & Melissa both have A tags around their necks in the pic & they didn't wear any kind of ID's or other tags, passes, etc., in the show except for in the Pilot & maybe a couple of other early S1 eps after that.

• Love 2

Reminder: Tonight (May 5th) is the night of Richard Schiff's guest appearance on Allison Janney's current series, Mom. It airs on CBS; check your local listings for the correct time & channel in your area.

• Love 1
On May 2, 2016 at 3:03 AM, BW Manilowe said:

Melissa Fitzgerald (Carol, CJ's Assistant as Press Secretary) posted this Tweet to her Twitter on Sunday. The photo in it was taken after the WH press briefing Allison opened, in character as CJ, on Friday. It's another reminder of the show, for lack of anything better to call it. Hit the link starting at "pic.twitter.com" to see the photo in question. The only real way you can tell it's not a scene from the show is that Allison & Melissa both have A tags around their necks in the pic & they didn't wear any kind of ID's or other tags, passes, etc., in the show except for in the Pilot & maybe a couple of other early S1 eps after that.

This picture was taken in the EEOB. I don't think that WW Staff needs a  picture tag either (not sure though). The blue tag means that they were allowed inside the WW. Visitors to the EEOB (and not the WW) get a green one