Type keyword(s) to search

The Kelly File: Duggar Interview 2015.06.03

Um...what does one have to do to read "the twitter".  Is there a search term?  I know, I know.  Age is a bitch.  And so is Jim Boob!

I wonder if they are open to a law suit from the retired Sheriff with the evil agenda?  I mean, if this was released legally, then they just said a whole crap load of things that might result in a lawsuit.

• Love 11

These two idiots acted more outraged that the juvenile files were leaked to the police instead of what was done to their daughters.

I got the same feeling. I also thought Michelle came across as very, very nervous. Jim Bob was far more prepared and get interrupting Michelle to get the story straight. And yes, they were both more passionate about how juveniles who make "mistakes" should have their records protected.

• Love 10

Only 20 minutes in on the DVR but what a crock of crap already

The girls were asleep and never knew what happened, except when they were awake and he touched them.  But then they didn't understand that was bad touch - except that we already had talked to them about the sleeping incident and explained there was bad touch.  So either Josh touched his sisters while they were sleeping and somehow JB & Michelle talked to the girls about it without every exactly explaining what Josh did or where he touched that was wrong and without educating them right then on what sort of touching is wrong  OR  they did talk to the girls and they understood what had happened which makes them liars when they say that the girls didn't know what Josh did wrong when he did it again while they were awake.

We put safeguards in place - so far said multiple, multiple times....would you like to explain what those were?  Lock the girls in at night?  Put a bell alarm on Josh?  How could Megyn not ask them to clarify that!

But he went to rehab, or he went to a friend, or he got counseling, or he did construction.  By the way - Josh was 15, home schooled, by their own admission never been away from home before; please tell us how he paid for real accredited professional counseling "himself"

And of course she opened with "illegally obtained police report" making Josh, JB & Michelle sound like victims in need of sympathy from the start

• Love 16

I watched the interview but I didn't hear them say anything remotely like this.

They didn't. This time. But I was editorializing Michelle's previous bikini lawn mowing stance.

• Love 6

Folks, it was the MOST DARKEST moment of their lives.  For the educated people, ours too.  The past ten years have been a long grammar nightmare, Jim Hick.

Yeah there was some fuzzy math going on there too, ages and time elapsed, those pesky little details.

• Love 4

So the girls and Josh received professional counseling? I kept waiting for the Duggars' noses to start growing a la Pinocchio when they told that whopper. And of course Megyn Kelly let it go. What a pitiful excuse for an interviewer.

Didn't learn much new except that the Duggars are paranoid and the local police captain and tabloids are out to get them. Who knew?

• Love 11

They didn't. This time. But I was editorializing Michelle's previous bikini lawn mowing stance.

I don't think the Duggars have ever implied that their daughters were to blame for their own molestation. What we actually know and what they admit to is horrible enough; this seems like a bizarre addition, IMO.

• Love 9

I was pleasantly surprised that she pretty much went for it and essentially called them hypocrites. I was also pleased that she kept directing them from speaking as Josh's advocate and to speak as the parents of the girls involved instead.

The preview for Friday appeared to me that Jill's world has totally caved in and she's very hurt and confused by all of this. My girl Jessa though appears to have her voice and her spunk and rightly or wrongly, it's good to see she's taking some sort of stand.

• Love 8
The lesbian agenda did this! THOSE CRAZY LESBIANS

Is that what she actually said??  My husband and I went back and forth over whether she said "It *must be* an agenda" or "*the lesbian* agenda."  We rewound it three times and watched it with captions, and I think we decided it was "must be," not "lesbian."

But, man, it did sound like she was blaming the lesbians there. 

This was all about Josh and his glorious transformation and how they protected him but they can't even say what they did to protect the girls because they did nothing.

Now, that's patently unfair.  They stopped letting the girls play hide-and-seek.  That changed EVERYTHING! 

• Love 7

How does no male babysitters and no sitting on laps protect them from Josh coming into their rooms and night and molesting them?

Valid question - I wondered that myself.  Megyn specifically asked "what about when you went to sleep at night?  were you worried for the girls safety then?"  crickets.....  and change of subject.

• Love 20

Yeah there was some fuzzy math going on there too, ages and time elapsed, those pesky little details.

In one paragraph, JB confirmed that the events occurred in 2002-03, yet said that in 2003-04, those things happened "years ago." Um?

• Love 9

How does no male babysitters and no sitting on laps protect them from Josh coming into their rooms and night and molesting them?

They have a lock on the girls door i believe. I feel like that's the only thing the Duggars did right. Funny how they didn't even mention that.

• Love 3

Check out the backlash on Twitter. It'll make you feel better.

Edited to add: I meant the HUGE backlash and disgust people on Twitter were saying. Stick a fork in them, they are DONE. People will boycott TLC and whoever advertises during the show.

Whose Twitter account? Megan Kelly's? Fox News?

Um...what does one have to do to read "the twitter".  Is there a search term?

#DuggarInterview

It actually did make me feel better. On every single social media platform, they are being mega-trashed. This was a huge PR mistake. Good.

• Love 21
(edited)

The police report is not necessarily considered a juvenile record. It was not done through the juvenile courts, but rather the police. Technically there is a difference. In Touch legally obtained the records and they were redacted. Wasn't hard to figure out who was who, but..YOU JUST HELPED OUT THE VICTIMS ON NATIONAL TELEVISION DUGGARS

Honestly, the best thing for them to have done was to just bow out and never speak to public.

Edited by ms.o
  • Love 17

Valid question - I wondered that myself. Megyn specifically asked "what about when you went to sleep at night? were you worried for the girls safety then?" crickets..... and change of subject.

The sloppy editing was indicative that the Duggars would not answer.
  • Love 11

Um...what does one have to do to read "the twitter".  Is there a search term?  I know, I know.  Age is a bitch.  And so is Jim Boob!

I wonder if they are open to a law suit from the retired Sheriff with the evil agenda?  I mean, if this was released legally, then they just said a whole crap load of things that might result in a lawsuit.

Go to www.twitter.com. An account is free. You can follow people, or go to #duggarinterview to read the fury of 99% of those posting tonight.

• Love 5

Hey, those girls were asleep and didn't even know it had happened or were too young to understand that it happened. It's not like it was rape. It hardly counts as sexual abuse according to JimBob & Michelle.

Disgusting.

And don't forget the "It happened over their clothes" part.
  • Love 6

Michelle's answer to the "robocall" question was such bullshit too. She said that "it's common sense to not want men or young men in the girls bathroom" and then MK tried to point out that Michelle seemed to be suggesting that transgendered persons are pedophiles at which point Jim Bob had to step in and give the official legal definition of a pedophile (above the age of 16) so he could point out that Josh is not a pedophile.

I also wanted to scream when MK concluded by quoting from a Department of Justice report that says that "80-95% of juvenile sex offenders are never arrested again if they receive proper treatment." Here was her very poor attempt to assure the viewers that Josh is no longer a threat, but man did they skim right over the molestation of the five year old very, very quickly. Although if it is true that they removed Josh from the home that same day, then I say "about damn time!" and at least they finally did the right thing.

• Love 11

And is anybody mentioning the outside victim(s), or is that just to be swept under the rug altogether?

To be fair, I was rather glad the outside victim hasn't been forced into the sideshow

• Love 10
(edited)

OK here goes. Hope I'm not breaking any rules. So I took my own advice, girded my loins and watched the interview. Surprisingly, it was not as sickening as I thought it would be. I listened to most of it though - my living room has the cable and I stayed in the dining room on my Mac, though I can turn around and see the screen just fine. Overall I'd give Boob & Me-chelle a C. They did not score very big in my estimation. They were a little too calm, especially Boob, so I'm guessing both were medicated. They weren't as articulate as I expected either. Is that laughing I hear? No, I've never expected either of them to be articulate - because they're not. But I have been imagining that they were rehearsing pretty strenuously for this performance, yet there were still a lot of pauses tonight - during which I kept hearing the question "Line?" in my head. Predictably they threw all the local officials and of course the tabloids under the bus but in general I don't think they did too awful much to help their case. The only people who probably swallowed this are the leghumpers and as we all know, they're already convinced. Megyn was much less sympathetic than I expected. Although she didn't ask most of the tough questions she did come off to me as professional. Friday night will of course be even more interesting. I don't think having Jill and Jessa on will make a lot of difference either but too soon to tell of course.

PS - Me-chelle sounded squeakier and looked more bug-eyed than ever, which couldn't have helped her at all with the general population who're unfamiliar with the show.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 8

Go to www.twitter.com. An account is free. You can follow people, or go to #duggarinterview to read the fury of 99% of those posting tonight.

Oh and I just checked Twitter out and people are mad and being really brutal which is a good thing. TLC has to take this show off the air now.

• Love 15

So do the Duggars think that no one has read the police report?

Did Megyn Kelly read the police report before interviewing them? Because there were quiet a few things she could have caught them lying about. I wish she would have had the report in her hands during the interview and pointed to parts and called them out.

(She still came at them way more aggressively than I expected. Maybe she's given them just enough rope.....)

• Love 16

Me-chelle sounded squeakier and looked more bug-eyed than ever, which couldn't have helped her at all with the general population who're unfamiliar with the show.

I'm assuming their target audience was satisfied but man, as you say, anyone who watched the interview based on the controversy but were unfamiliar with the Duggars has probably come away thinking "who are these crazy people and what's wrong with that woman?!"

• Love 7
(edited)

Honestly I don't think Boob and Michelle handled the situation any differently than thousands of other families who experience something similar. They made a huge mistake by not putting Josh in a credentialed rehab program but most parents don't immediately involve the cops and the courts when something like this happens.

Either way they can't win. If the Duggar girls publicly say they've forgiven their brother it's because they're brainwashed or being used to save the show. If the family tries to move on and act normally, they're insensitive to the victims and letting Josh off the hook.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17

Did Megyn Kelly read the police report before interviewing them? Because there were quiet a few things she could have caught them lying about. I wish she would have had the report in her hands during the interview and pointed to parts and called them out.

(She still came at them way more aggressively than I expected. Maybe she's given them just enough rope.....)

Oh no, can't do that - it was gotten illegally doncha' know and because of that she has far to much journalistic integrity to use it in her interview   (heavy sarcasm alert)

I think JB was exhibiting some classic signs of lying in his opening statement - the speech was well rehearsed but delivered at the speed of light.  That fast talking can be a very good hint that the person is lying or telling a "story"

• Love 8

There were a bunch of things she could have called them out on. Maybe they would have refused to do the interview if she'd been too tough. 

They obviously think that their supporters haven't read it. That's the only reason why I can think that they would blatantly lie so many times.

And JB messing up on the timeline again, it's still unclear how long the abuse went on. 

• Love 3

I agree the girls are being re victimized, but it's not from the media, it's when their parents went son TV and basically said "no big deal, they were young and sleeping". The police reports being released didn't help anything and for the girls I do wish they hadn't been public without redacting more so their identity may have been better protected, but it's done, and to turn this interview around and blame the report being released for the bulk of the trauma is disgusting.

• Love 17

I was amused that everytime M was speaking she would look up at JB as if he was the interviewer. It's also infuriating that the whole interview was devoted to them protecting Josh, and almost nothing about the girls he "improperly touched". Typical Duggar-speak, because they're completely in denial. And apparently JB knows some really twisted Christians if friends of his have worse going on under their roofs. 

I'm also annoyed they are trotting Jill and Jessa out for the next round of protective interviews. Jessa is pregnant and Jill should be enjoying her time as a new mom and wife. Why can't Josh do his own damn interview and answer questions? He's 27, he should have some accountability in this. Just saying sorry, even publicly, doesn't cut it. It doesn't seem very fair to be re-traumatizing his victims, especially when we all know they've been told to protect their brother and toe the party line. We'll never know how they really feel. They will only be telling us what JB wants them to.

• Love 15

Well, I made it for 20 minutes - I couldn't handle more. Thanks to those who did for your posts.

In the short time I did watch, I couldn't believe how many times JB repeated that after Josh came to them "a couple more times" that they did this or that. A couple more times?  How many "couple mores times" were there, JB? 

And also, the fact that a bunch of other families you talked to said this is normal and it had happened in their family too only "worse" is disgusting. I realize molestation within families is wayyyyy way too common, but excusing it because "they did it too, only it was even worse!" is awful.

• Love 18
(edited)

I have a couple of thoughts I’d like to share with JimBob and Michelle:

Michelle, you’ve obviously forgotten what you said in your robocall.  You said “males with past child predator convictions”.  So all transgenders are convicted predators in your sick world? 

Michelle said they put “safeguards” in place after finding out, and yet Josh continued molesting the girls for another year.  So, how did those “safeguards” work out for you, dipshit?

Also, it’s really noble that you tried to protect your daughters’ hearts, but how about protecting their genitals?  Oh yeah, your hero Gothard teaches that the soul is all that matters, bodies don’t

So many lies and so much delusion.  What a waste of an hour.

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 23

Mechelle kept turning away from Megyn when answering her questions. As if she's lying and searching for the 'right' answer. She was exactly how I imagined she would be: simpering, fake tears, ugly mullet and blue shirt. You can hear the "Oh Shit!" when Megyn asks Michelle about the Robo-call. Michelle wasn't expecting that. Towards the end of interview when they're crying Persucussshuun!!11!!! you can see Michelle's face get really red with a flash of anger. She's pissed that this ever surfaced.

• Love 9

I'm not gonna lie, if it was my minor son with my minor daughter I'd be livid that the files were released, I also have to admit I would have handled it almost the same way the duggars did, except josh wouldn't be allowed back in the house except to visit during the day with chaperones. I can't fault them for wanting to handle it in house I would have done the exact same. Everyone thinks differently but my son will be my son and my love until the day I die. And yes those girls are being victimized again. Wtf wants that all over the Internet and tabloids, we that's right all of us beating them down are to blame for those girls feeling as they do. I'm ashamed of myself for even talking about this subject, it was obvious to me tonight they read this stuff and it hurts.

• Love 7