Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada Season 4

Himela, if you're able to go to a taping , you should. You are right - Arisa really does enjoys what she does. Last year while we were waiting to go into the studio for the 1st eviction episode (bye Risha!), she brought out boxes of cookies for us to eat. She interacts with the audience during the whole taping, sings, tells stories, asks questions. She always asks one person to watch for her posture, and one person to make sure her 'fro doesn't get lopsided. She also actually follows the show (not like Julie Chen), and she knows all the previous players. Really good host.

Thank you for your info. Sadly I don't live in Canada but I do believe she loves what she is doing. Such a huge difference to Julie Chen. In fact Julie should be replaced sooner rather than later. Go Arisa!

• Love 2

Thank you for your info. Sadly I don't live in Canada but I do believe she loves what she is doing. Such a huge difference to Julie Chen. In fact Julie should be replaced sooner rather than later. Go Arisa!

Julie will go when the ashes of CBS are burning and not before. Lets not forget who she's married to.

• Love 3

Julie will go when the ashes of CBS are burning and not before. Lets not forget who she's married to.

I know but imagine how many new viewers they'd win over if there was a host who actually cared and loved what they were doing... Imagine Survivor without Jeff Probst, with a host who would yawn in tribal councils.... Arisa has the ability to make you CARE and be excited even if it is about sweet nothings. :)

• Love 3

I'm so happy to see Sarah (last year's winner) on Sideshow. I love her and I love Peter so it's so exciting to have them both. :)

I wish I could watch the live feeds somehow though :S

I love Julie and I hate Peter. We're on different teams here.

I'm curious to know which contestants everyone likes so far. I enjoy revisiting first impressions later in the season when we finally get around to hating almost everyone.

I'm curious to know which contestants everyone likes so far. I enjoy revisiting first impressions later in the season when we finally get around to hating almost everyone.

Oh I am surprised to see someone likes Julie hehe. What do you like about her? Of course I mean as a host, not as a person. As a person she seems polite and kind but this exact thing makes her dull and boring as a host imo.

I like Joel a lot but I think he is too sensitive for this game. I liked Dallas in the first episode until he was in bed with two women, not cool. And I liked Sharry I thnk is her name, she seems smart.

For everyone asking about watching feeds/show from the US or elsewhere, try visiting hamsterwatch. Hopefully that's ok to mention, lol.

The brothers may have thought they were both shortlisted but been sent to sequester before they could realise they were both going in for sure. Phil did look furious.

I like Joel and Tim. I loooooove Nikki.... but won't be surprised if that changes drastically. I don't hate anyone yet, but we'll see how long that lasts!

• Love 1

Aw I like Arisa. She is pretty and enunciates clearly which is all I require tbh. Though she is not wrong her posture is often terrible. Someone back in the day must have told her she's too tall.

The feedsters are not wrong, Tim and Nikki are hilarious so far. Can't believe Tim's dumb act is working so well.

(edited)

Aw I like Arisa. She is pretty and enunciates clearly which is all I require tbh. Though she is not wrong her posture is often terrible. Someone back in the day must have told her she's too tall.

The feedsters are not wrong, Tim and Nikki are hilarious so far. Can't believe Tim's dumb act is working so well.

Nikki does not have a good crying face.  

I'm trying to figure out if Nikki was aware that there was a actual possibility she might go in the house.  Did she think it was just a walk-on for one episode ?

ETA: Arisa's posture is terrible -- If she quit wearing those ridiculously high heels, she wouldn't look like a hunchback all the time.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I like Mitch and Sharry. They seem like the grown-ups in the house.  Am intrigued by Maddy, Joel and (wouldn't have thought I'd say this a week ago) Nikki, Tim and Cassandra..  Might come to like Kelsey? (I was impressed by her HOH comp performance) Indifferent to brothers, Raul, Jared, Ramsay, Christine.  Loveita lost me the first week by immediately targeting four women.  Dallas seems like a tool. 

Comments on HOH and nominations episode (s04e03 that is).

I was impressed with Kelsey. I would hope she would consider herself good enoug without all the flirting she does with everyone and anyone interested. I like smart women but sometimes women think this is not enough.

Jared did not even know who Emett is? Oh for god's sake... At least he realizes Kelsey is trouble for him. If his team is smart they will target Kelsey and Jared sooner than later. Power couples are very dangerous.

If things go like they are going now, I predict the small group of Loveita, Sharry, Ramsey, Dallas and Maddy will be evicted first and soon which will be boring and predictable. I'm expecting something to shake things up. I'd love it if the audience would nominate people for eviction at least every three weeks or s, that'd be interesting and show some contestants what people really think about them.

I still love Joel, want to see more of him. Christine seems almost like a pedophile for being in a house with young people. I want to see Raul NOT being a sour gay person if it's possible. I hate it that gay people in shows act like bitches all the time. I want to see a normal gay person (I think Sharry is gay?). I can't decide who from the brothers is more annoying. I surprisingly like Tim and his idea to play it stupid. Are people so stupid that they believe that someone would play in a game they have never even watched? Be smart people! Niki is weird but I like weird so I like her so far. And my new favorite: Maddy. Such a sweet person.

Kelsey is very pretty, and seems intelligent enough, shame she apparently thinks she can only play the game while lying on a mattress next to a guy, so maybe she's not that smart. I would like to see her gone, sick of the vomit inducing power couple shit,  it's boring and predictable.  Would like to see the brothers gone too, tho I find Phil much more obnoxious then Nick. 

• Love 4

Let's not spend all season (or, indeed, any more of this season) arguing about whether Your Host Is Better Than My Host. There are way too many other fun ridiculous things about this show to discuss.

• Love 1

Nikki really is bug nuts isn't she? I mean I can't say from feeds, only the broadcast, but you can tell something's not screwed on properly inside that head.

Tim is as delightfully snarky as I recall. He knows he's not going to win (even if he's saying otherwise in talking heads) and I imagine he's just there to get some quick cash, exposure, and enjoy himself. That likely WILL include fucking with people's heads at some point, but he's not a mean manipulator, just a blase one. He couldn't give two fucks and it shows.

• Love 2

Nikki really is bug nuts isn't she? I mean I can't say from feeds, only the broadcast, but you can tell something's not screwed on properly inside that head.

Nikki's first UK season was the summer before that Celebrity Big Brother with all the racism against the Bollywood actress. It's fair to say that, with other highlights in the cast including someone who walked after threatening to self-harm on live TV and a Canadian ex-pat who self-described as "a sexual terrorist", I'm not entirely sure mental health was top of their priority list when she was cast. But she did seem to come out of it pretty well.

• Love 1

It's like watching high schoolers trying to act cool.  Dallas, the guy casting thought would be another Emmet, and the brothers are painful to watch. So young, so immature.  It's not their fault. I just don't know why they cast such kids.  They're also quite dull.

• Love 1

I wish Loveita would put Jarrad and Kelsey on the block and say "Sorry, I find you guilty by association!"  These people need to look in a mirror, so sick of these types who take immediate offense to anyone who tries to play for themselves. 

• Love 1

I wish Loveita would put Jarrad and Kelsey on the block and say "Sorry, I find you guilty by association!"  These people need to look in a mirror, so sick of these types who take immediate offense to anyone who tries to play for themselves. 

I don't find Loveita totally innocent though. First week she just nominated Kelsey and put a pawn up which was a horrible play from her part. First week is not the time to put up pawns. Plus her considering only women for nominations struck me the wrong way. This doesn't mean I won't be happy to see Kelsey go though. And I do understand that sometimes aggressive game is better but there is a line between playing aggresively and being arrogant like Kelsey and Raul.

It's like watching high schoolers trying to act cool.  Dallas, the guy casting thought would be another Emmet, and the brothers are painful to watch. So young, so immature.  It's not their fault. I just don't know why they cast such kids.  They're also quite dull.

The two most recent BBUS seasons were also horrid in that respect: literally every male houseguest in 16 besides the winner of the Fan Favourite Prize and arguably all the men in 17 engaged in puerile wannabe-frat horseplay to the detriment of their gender.

Thank goodness for such vestiges of elegance as Mitch, Godfrey, Kyle, and Andrew M!

Nikki wasn't emotionally prepared to go in the house but she seems like she's never emotionally prepared for anything, poor duck. That montage of her crying in the dr while Tim looked for her was hilarious, omg.

Also amazing/terrible was Phillipe freaking out about his brother's potential showmance. Guess they're not on the same page.

Also I absolutely think Tim can win. And knows it. Absent any Big Brother shenanigans like a challenge where all the questions are on Canadian history and pop culture. The house likes hanging out with him, which alone is enough to take him far, but he's perceptive as well.

• Love 1

Also amazing/terrible was Phillipe freaking out about his brother's potential showmance. Guess they're not on the same page.

That wasn't a freak out, that was a major sulk. I think maybe one brother might have been bearable, but both together and I get special-ed vibes.

Nikki wasn't emotionally prepared to go in the house but she seems like she's never emotionally prepared for anything, poor duck.

You know the saying "a few sandwiches short of a picnic"? Nikki doesn't even have the fillings. She's just hauling around empty bread.
  • Love 2

I remember MP3 players!  (I suppose they must still technically exist separate from phones, but nobody buys them anymore)

It's so weird that people actually find her lovable for this shit. I mean it's amazing.

It is entertaining on some level though. But the need for earplugs isn't that far off the need to laugh at it.

Well lets add this compilation to the pile. I had a 15 minute one I'd found cued up and deleted it because like me, most of you might be contemplating suicide after 15 continuous minutes of her. 3:48 doesn't reach that threshold, so I subbed in this shorter compilation.  The main point is that the whole combination of simultaneous screaming and crying we've seen her do now is her stock-in-trade all the way back.:

I will add though that if you want evidence that perhaps this is an act? Watch this other video from like a year ago (I believe it was some kind of UK All-Star version) and pay attention to how crafty she is in it. I'm rethinking the idiot thing seriously based on seeing this. You see a very forceful button pushing manipulator in this other video.  I left watching it going "shit, she knows exactly what she's doing."  There isn't even a hint of a tear, of being "overwhelmed" or confused. And the look on her face through most of this? That's the look of a VERY confident (smug) person.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

Also I absolutely think Tim can win. And knows it. Absent any Big Brother shenanigans like a challenge where all the questions are on Canadian history and pop culture. The house likes hanging out with him, which alone is enough to take him far, but he's perceptive as well.

Erm, the bolded are kinda at odds with one another, particularly once the others sniff him out in the coming weeks.

I genuinely don't follow, sorry. Wouldn't you say being good at percieving what other players are up to or what they value is useful for having a chance at winning? Which is not to say winning will be easy or he'll coast but that's true for everybody. Tim will be spotted as a threat for sure, and a couple of HGs have noticed already. But early on on feeds

Kelsey was talking about how she's prepared to keep him around just to hang out with him.

Likeability may provide a lot of cover with this house, I think.

• Love 1

I am so happy that horrible Gary is not on the Side Show anymore. All he did was preen and pose and never take his eyes off his own image in the monitor.  Someone in production must have a new crush and I wonder if it's another non-Canadian, Raul.

• Love 3

I remember MP3 players!  (I suppose they must still technically exist separate from phones, but nobody buys them anymore)

I have one and use it daily. Don't have a cell phone, so I need it on my walks!

Tim, as predicted. is SO making this show.

To Joel (about the date):

"Just be yourself. {pause} and a little bit cooler..."

Gems like that just constantly fall out of his mouth.

• Love 2

I'm Canadian and have watched BB US since season 1, though I did miss a season or 2.  I've not watched BB Canada yet, as first year it was on cable which I don't have.  

I saw a little bit of an episode last year (a challenge and they were dropping bugs on them) and was considering watching this year, but the current commercial is keeping me from even turning it on.  I have to mute my tv just when the commercial comes on.  It's so loud and shriek-y and that crying woman gets on my nerves. Is the actual show all loud and annoying?  Or is it more similar to BB US than the commercials suggest.

It's so loud and shriek-y and that crying woman gets on my nerves. Is the actual show all loud and annoying?  Or is it more similar to BB US than the commercials suggest.

Nikki, the shrieker, is one of the stunt-cast ringers (from BBUK) and is not representative of BBCan contestants, past or present.  But BBCan contestants are not exactly like the US contestants either overall.  The whole tone of the Canadian version is less nasty than the US version.  Last year's BBUS wasn't too bad (except for Austin), but think of some of the few years before that, like the misogynist bro-liances of seasons 16 and 12 and the racists in season 15.

Loveita is deluded if she thinks Jared, Kelsey and Raul have her back because of their deal -- she's gone the next time either of them get HoH.

From your keyboard to the god of reality shows' ears!  I think (and hope) she may be gone next time anybody gets HOH.  She is clueless, and it's starting to affect the game (her having won 2 of the 3 HOHs).  I don't like Dallas particularly, but I don't blame him for not using Veto as he repeatedly bragged he would.  Loveita no doubt would have put up his ally, Maddy (cause there aren't a lot of girls left and heaven forbid she would put up a boy - they might come after her!)

Please let sour Christine go home tomorrow and not the very amusing Cassandra.  Normally, I root for older players, but I don't even know why Christine is there.  She doesn't seem to be having any fun.

• Love 4

Please let sour Christine go home tomorrow and not the very amusing Cassandra.  Normally, I root for older players, but I don't even know why Christine is there.  She doesn't seem to be having any fun.

Yes, please!!! From her intro, I didn't think I was going to like her, but Cassandra is really fun!

Nikki, the shrieker, is one of the stunt-cast ringers (from BBUK) and is not representative of BBCan contestants, past or present.  But BBCan contestants are not exactly like the US contestants either overall.  The whole tone of the Canadian version is less nasty than the US version.  Last year's BBUS wasn't too bad (except for Austin), but think of some of the few years before that, like the misogynist bro-liances of seasons 16 and 12 and the racists in season 15.

Thanks for your reply.  I assume the stunt-casting is to draw in viewers, not scare them away, which has happened in my case.  I'd still like to try to watch BB Canada.  Is this Nikki person a big focus of the televised episodes? 

Thanks for your reply.  I assume the stunt-casting is to draw in viewers, not scare them away, which has happened in my case.  I'd still like to try to watch BB Canada.  Is this Nikki person a big focus of the televised episodes? 

In my opinion BBCan is always "purer" than the US version. I get the vibe that in US the producers cast characters rather than people (the joker, the slutty girl, the funny guy, the irritating gay person and so on). In three seasons of BBCan I didn't see that and I feel disappointed that this is the first year they threw in some people only to create drama. Tim, who is the winner of BB Australia, and Nikki, who is a 4 time BB UK participant, are there to bring the fun aspect of the way BB is played in their countries (laughs, fun and a lot of drama). Luckily BB Can and BB US are focused (more) on strategy and alliances. I would suggest you find the first three seasons of BB Can and watch them. I think that you will like them way more than the US version since it seems you are llike me, you don't appreciate all that drama for no reason.

Nikki has had her tantrums but tbh she is not shown that much doing that. She can have a proper conversation I guess but they choose the show the drama instead. No, I don't think you will see sickingly much of her if you choose to watch.

• Love 2

I can understand Loveita's noms,  she tried to get Kelsey out her first go round, and the house voted to keep her, her going would have weakened Jarad from the get go.  Dallas is from my home province but I find him extremely annoying, a blowhard for sure.  If he's so gung ho to 'get blood on his hands' let him win an HOH and put the big guns up himself.

I hope Christine goes home, she adds nothing to the show, plus she whines a lot.  I like Joel a lot.

Edited by wintrygal

I was hoping Dallas really was going to do as he threatened, but no, he backed down.  Yet the TV show spent all that time getting my hopes up that someone would actually make a move. Especially since he wanted the brothers out and those brothers disturb me.

In my opinion BBCan is always "purer" than the US version. I get the vibe that in US the producers cast characters rather than people (the joker, the slutty girl, the funny guy, the irritating gay person and so on). In three seasons of BBCan I didn't see that and I feel disappointed that this is the first year they threw in some people only to create drama. Tim, who is the winner of BB Australia, and Nikki, who is a 4 time BB UK participant, are there to bring the fun aspect of the way BB is played in their countries (laughs, fun and a lot of drama). Luckily BB Can and BB US are focused (more) on strategy and alliances. I would suggest you find the first three seasons of BB Can and watch them. I think that you will like them way more than the US version since it seems you are llike me, you don't appreciate all that drama for no reason.

Nikki has had her tantrums but tbh she is not shown that much doing that. She can have a proper conversation I guess but they choose the show the drama instead. No, I don't think you will see sickingly much of her if you choose to watch.

Thanks for your reply.  :)

• Love 1
I was hoping Dallas really was going to do as he threatened, but no, he backed down.

Cannot stand this dude or players like him. He was all over Loveita, calling her a coward behind her back, but then he chickened out of using the Veto. It's a pet peeve of mine in general when the Hamsters bitch about other people's noms being bad just because it doesn't help their own game. But if you're going to walk around calling someone a coward because they're too afraid to make a big move, then you do the EXACT same thing, you need to stfu forever.

• Love 1