Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation Discussion

(edited)

Good thoughts. I don't think they would wipe out a whole season as well but I did like that idea. Rachel decided to keep it in the family and not go to the police but that may or may not have been a good idea. I would think Jeremy took his gun with him when he left but you never know. I am going to be so mad if the key and the gun turn out to be nothing. I can't believe we only have 4 episodes left. 

Here's a clip from nextweeks episode.

Here's the episode description from Episode 8 titled Fugitive. 

Rachel struggles in the aftermath of an incident with Darius; Quinn works hard to balance everything as things go awry on the set; Chet gets attention from an unlikely source.

Edited by earlbny

Hmmm - maybe Coleman with no glasses is fantasy Coleman! What if Rachel shows up to a wedding she wasn't actually invited to? Will have to watch to see how they navigate that scene, whether Madison and Adam are seen seeing Coleman, too. 

(edited)

I can't wait to see how they navigate those scenes. What if Coleman did a doc with Adam  and they know each other? I have this vision of season 2 ending similar to season 1 with Rachel and Quinn lying on those chairs having that same conversion. I think will get a bunch of drama maybe even some shocking drama then poof Coleman, Adam and whoever else is gone and Rachel and Quinn are back to the way they were in season 1.

Here's another episode description for episode 8.

Fugitive10:00 PM on LIFE, 1 hr 3 min 2016

Rachel reveals a huge secret to Coleman in the aftermath of an incident with Darius. Meanwhile, Quinn attempts to balance her attention between her feelings for John and the chaos on set; and Chet receives attention from an unlikely source.

This isn't a spoiler. However can someone better explain Craig's response. He has delete his response before I had a chance to reply. However I can still read it in my email notification.

CnIfIK7WIAAd_0i.jpg

Craig Bierko

@MrCraigBierko

Jul 14

@earlbny Yes. Yes you do.

Edited by earlbny
(edited)

Here's some spoilers for tonight's episode. Nothing completely shocking. It looks like Adam may become a suitor again. They don't show any photos of Rachel in a hospital. That must be a quick flashback or they don't want to give away the ending. BTW tonight's episode was directed by SGS.

http://gossipandgab.com/110714/unreal-season-2-spoilers-episode-7-sneak-peek-video

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/unreal/photos/season-2-episode-7-ambush-photos#id=1

http://tvline.com/2016/07/18/unreal-spoilers-video-season-2-episode-7-adam-returns-freddie-stroma/

I cut and pasted one of the comments from the tvline link. I like what this person said. ITA. 

tvwatcher says:

July 18, 2016 at 8:09 AM

I know it won’t happen but I would love it if Rachel, Coleman and Adam ran off and made a spin off show and left everyone else in the dust. As much as I find Coleman boring with zero chemistry I would not mind if Rachel stayed with him to just to piss off Quinn. On a serious note I hate stupid love tangles. I vaguely remember reading an article where Shiri said one of the things she loved about UnREAL was that she “got to play a woman who was not someones girlfriend or in a love triangle”. I am so bored with the cheesy soapy Lifetime love triangle. I don’t need a love triangle or a boyfriend for Rachel. I want to see her manipulating the contestants. I want her to get her life in order and write that book. Regardless I am still going to watch this show because Shiri gives one of the best performance on TV despite not getting nominated for an Emmy. She got snubbed. One other thing. I bet by the end of the season Rachel finds out she’s pregnant and next season is spent on the Maury show finding out who the father of the baby is.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, earlbny said:

tvwatcher says:

July 18, 2016 at 8:09 AM

I know it won’t happen but I would love it if Rachel, Coleman and Adam ran off and made a spin off show and left everyone else in the dust. As much as I find Coleman boring with zero chemistry I would not mind if Rachel stayed with him to just to piss off Quinn. On a serious note I hate stupid love tangles. I vaguely remember reading an article where Shiri said one of the things she loved about UnREAL was that she “got to play a woman who was not someones girlfriend or in a love triangle”. I am so bored with the cheesy soapy Lifetime love triangle. I don’t need a love triangle or a boyfriend for Rachel. I want to see her manipulating the contestants. I want her to get her life in order and write that book. Regardless I am still going to watch this show because Shiri gives one of the best performance on TV despite not getting nominated for an Emmy. She got snubbed. One other thing. I bet by the end of the season Rachel finds out she’s pregnant and next season is spent on the Maury show finding out who the father of the baby is.

This person said it well, as much as Rachel is supposed to be some ardent feminist her entire world is shaped by her relationships with men.

It undercuts Rachel's intelligence for her to get romantically involved with men in the workplace yet again, it undercuts the viewer's intelligence that all these rich/powerful/amazing looking men want to get involved with someone who sporadically showers.  I get that personality is important, but come on now.  It annoys me that the show will basically have them step in as her white knight saving her from everything.  Rachel can, and should save herself.  Not have to depend on Coleman to get her out of trouble, or sweep it under the rug.  Any person with two brain cells in Rachel's position would have enough intelligence to realize that another workplace romance is a terrible idea and wouldn't jump into another one.  

In the season of Everlasting BEFORE season 1 of UNreal Rachel ended up running off in a car, in no small part due to the stress of the relationship she had in the workplace.  In Season 1, we saw Rachel suffer the fallout of that relationship with Jeremy (everyone seeing the embarrassing video), the passive aggressive weird relationship with Jeremy, and suffer again with Adam, and again when Jeremy called her out in front of everyone on set.  In season 2, we see Rachel again having to deal with the fallout from the relationship with Jeremy in that she can't just outright fire him for fear of a sexual harassment suit, we see Rachel getting treated like shit by Jeremy and having to pretty much take it until he hits her.  This would be a good indication that its time to take a break from relationships, and its REALLY time to take a break from workplace relationships.  Instead, Rachel hops right into one with Coleman.  And is perfectly fine with him using his position as her boss to protect her interests.

At least with Adam, Rachel was the power player, but with Coleman -- she isn't.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, RCharter said:

This person said it well, as much as Rachel is supposed to be some ardent feminist her entire world is shaped by her relationships with men.

It undercuts Rachel's intelligence for her to get romantically involved with men in the workplace yet again, it undercuts the viewer's intelligence that all these rich/powerful/amazing looking men want to get involved with someone who sporadically showers.  I get that personality is important, but come on now.  It annoys me that the show will basically have them step in as her white knight saving her from everything.  Rachel can, and should save herself.  Not have to depend on Coleman to get her out of trouble, or sweep it under the rug.  Any person with two brain cells in Rachel's position would have enough intelligence to realize that another workplace romance is a terrible idea and wouldn't jump into another one.  

In the season of Everlasting BEFORE season 1 of UNreal Rachel ended up running off in a car, in no small part due to the stress of the relationship she had in the workplace.  In Season 1, we saw Rachel suffer the fallout of that relationship with Jeremy (everyone seeing the embarrassing video), the passive aggressive weird relationship with Jeremy, and suffer again with Adam, and again when Jeremy called her out in front of everyone on set.  In season 2, we see Rachel again having to deal with the fallout from the relationship with Jeremy in that she can't just outright fire him for fear of a sexual harassment suit, we see Rachel getting treated like shit by Jeremy and having to pretty much take it until he hits her.  This would be a good indication that its time to take a break from relationships, and its REALLY time to take a break from workplace relationships.  Instead, Rachel hops right into one with Coleman.  And is perfectly fine with him using his position as her boss to protect her interests.

At least with Adam, Rachel was the power player, but with Coleman -- she isn't.

Well said all around. ITA. Work place relationships don't typically work anyway. Most of the time they are frowned upon. At my job someone got fired for having one.  If I wanted to watch a love trangile I would watch an actual soap or some romance movie. That's not why I tune into UnREAL. How many different ways can Rachel and insert any guy break up? Give it a rest for now. They have to bring in the BTS drama to get people talking. Otherwise it would be boring or too much like the Bachelor. It looks like after Rachel is done with Coleman she then sleeps with Adam.

Heres some link about S2 and Adams return. The 2nd link says this season storylines feel like an Aaron Spelling soap. UnREAL feels less like UnREAL and more like your garden variety nighttime cable soap. ITA with both link. I think Rachel's rock bottom is in a hospital.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/18/unreal-freddie-stroma-adam-season-2-return?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

http://www.decider.com/2016/07/18/unreal-Adam-season-two/

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

I am so bored with the cheesy soapy Lifetime love triangle. 

Agreed...especially when I feel like none of the other dalliances could hold a candle to the chemistry she has with Adam (or the chemistry the two actors have together).  I really hope that seeing Adam again on Unreal doesn't make me eat my hat with that...please still be there, chemistry...

In defense of the writers, unReal is an odd beast because the plot is basically an anthology with each new season but the characterization is more serialized. You can do a workplace drama, but this is like The West Wing if Bartlett was leader of an alternate version of America each season. The only thing tethering the show together is the Quinn/Rachel relationship which is great, but if Jesse/Walter is the model, Breaking Bad had Skyler, Saul Goodman, Gus Fring, Mike, etc. who lasted multiple seasons. I can't blame unReal for trying to build supporting characters through Rachel/Quinn's lovelife (How much drama can you get out of Everlasting hiring a new makeup artist or editor or cameraperson?), there isn't really another entry point because Everlasting contestants/suitors will be reshuffled each season.

3 hours ago, portfino said:

In defense of the writers, unReal is an odd beast because the plot is basically an anthology with each new season but the characterization is more serialized. You can do a workplace drama, but this is like The West Wing if Bartlett was leader of an alternate version of America each season. The only thing tethering the show together is the Quinn/Rachel relationship which is great, but if Jesse/Walter is the model, Breaking Bad had Skyler, Saul Goodman, Gus Fring, Mike, etc. who lasted multiple seasons. I can't blame unReal for trying to build supporting characters through Rachel/Quinn's lovelife (How much drama can you get out of Everlasting hiring a new makeup artist or editor or cameraperson?), there isn't really another entry point because Everlasting contestants/suitors will be reshuffled each season.

fair enough point, but can Rachel just start dating a nice guy that works at an accounting firm?  her local Subway sandwich shop? some dude she meets at her dentists office?  someone from a competing show?

even though, to me, they could have explored the new showrunner without it having to be a man that has to fall in love with Rachel.....why couldn't it have been a gay man for a relationship with Jay and how that new showrunner may have pushed Jay's career instead of pushing Rachel's and how crappy that would have felt for her?  I think they could have explored some of the more legal aspects of the show, especially given that the Real World Challenge lawsuit survived summary judgment.  How do you get around attorneys on set?  Can they be the antagonists that draw Rachel/Quinn closer together?  

(edited)

You both bring up good points. I told Jeffrey Bowyer Chapman when I met him that next season they should do Ru Paul's Drag Race with him running the show. He laughed and said yes that would be awesome.

Here's a link with Shiri talking about Adams return and some other things. Shiri brings up the whole boyfriend stuff. Thoughts?

http://m.eonline.com/news/780805/unreal-s-shiri-appleby-dishes-on-adam-s-shirtless-return-and-bachelor-drama

"I think there is a genuine affection between them," Appleby says. "I think that there is this relationship—it's mother-daughter, mentor-protégé, sisters, friends, it's all of that, and there's also the competition. I think their relationship makes both of them stronger. And also, neither one of them has anything else. They don't have boyfriends, they don't have husbands, they don't have friends. We never see them leave their work. This show and their relationship is all these women have. … [it] creates great drama, but it's not healthy."

Edited by earlbny
On 7/12/2016 at 0:48 AM, Bama said:

So in the preview for next week it seems Darius, Romeo, and Tiffany "take a break from the show" and take off in someone's car.  We see Rachel calling the police (I assume) and saying "I'd like to report a stolen car". Then a shot of the cops pulling them over and getting rough with Darius and Romeo.  Finally, a shot of Rachel in scrubs or a hospital gown with what sounds like Jay's voice telling her "This is all on you".

With the current climate of police interaction with black men and the shot of Rachel looking devastated and Jay's line, I'm afraid something really bad is going to happen to Darius or most likely Romeo during that traffic stop.

Welp, looks like I was correct.  I sure wish I wasn't.

• Love 3
(edited)

Props to you for getting it right. Like you I wish you got it wrong.

I can't imagine what the season finale will be like to have our jaws on the floor.

Edited by earlbny

So -- the only not shitty thing that could come out of this is if it bring Darius and Ruby back together.

If there was ever an event that would make Darius get involved it would have to be this.

I still hate Rachel, and I will be endlessly annoyed if this turns even more into what a victim she is, and how men are so in love with her for being a shitty human being.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can totally see that happening. 

I bet next week everyone is seen running around the mansion like a fugitive on the loose playing Pokemon Go. What other big news topic can they do? How about the presidential race. vomit.

People on other websites think Yael is connected to Mary or working for her sister.

This is a great review about last nights episode and season 2.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-why-unreal-has-gone-off-the-rails-in-season-2

Here's another link about last nights episode.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/blog/rc-screen-scene/unreal-that-is-unfortunate/article_d468018a-4dca-11e6-8db7-b36a9808eba7.html

Here's a link to a video of Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman talking about last nights episode.

https://t.co/QH2SqrRib0

ETA: Here's an article about last night episode. http://www.people.com/article/unreal-black-lives-matter-meets-bachelor

Here's a preview for nextweek episode.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

Purely speculation, but I have a shiny new quarter saying that Ruby will be back to tell Darius “I told you so” and he will have to fall all over himself apologizing and declaring her to have been right all along, and SGS will pat herself on the back because she is so progressive. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Hot off the press. Here's the titles for episode 9 and 10. And a description for episode 9.

S2E9 Espionage.

As Coleman attempts to get Rachel to help him destroy Quinn and bring down Everlasting, Rachel has an alternative plan in store. Darius and Jay team up to secure their ideal final two contestants, but the alliance is quickly tested. Quinn gets some news that changes her perspective on the show and her life.

S2E10 Friendly Fire

Hmm??? Since Rachel and Quinn are the Stars of the show I doubt Rachel is going to take down Quinn. Not sure what her alternative plan is. I know she's a bit older but could Quinn be pregnant? That's my guess on the news she gets that changer her perspective. I know she has to choose the show or Booth. Anyone have any other guesses.  My guess with the finale is that Jeremy's gun is going to be a part of the episode. So far nothing has been said about Yael being an undercover reporter. Unless the title of episode 8 has to do with Yael. Acording to Shiri and Constance the finale will leave your jaw on the ground and they are not sure how they come back from it.

Edited by earlbny
(edited)

I know I'm beating a dead conspiracy theory but I still have a suspicion that the scenes with only Rachel and Coleman aren't 100 percent to be believed. Something about the way she awkwardly bragged to Adam that she was invited to Coleman's cousin's wedding - it felt forced, like it was more a moment to be used later in the 'previously on' segment for the episode where she shows up and is unwelcome. 

I think Yael is ultimately a sympathetic character and is a corrective to the woman-against-woman vibe the show can project. I feel like she will come to Rachel's aid somehow. Or she will blackmail her way to being next season's Suitorette.

Hopefully they will do something meaningful next episode with Jameson being a police officer, otherwise what's the point of that character? Was her occupation drawn from a hat?

Also wondered about the sound design in this episode's 'previously on' - it seemed to endorse the idea Rachel hit Jeremy pretty hard; that impact sounded worse than I remembered from the actual episode, which still makes me wonder whether we are at all meant to believe him about the aggression being mutual. (surely not, right?)

Edited by BingeyKohan
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, BingeyKohan said:

I know I'm beating a dead conspiracy theory but I still have a suspicion that the scenes with only Rachel and Coleman aren't 100 percent to be believed. Something about the way she awkwardly bragged to Adam that she was invited to Coleman's cousin's wedding - it felt forced, like it was more a moment to be used later in the 'previously on' segment for the episode where she shows up and is unwelcome. 

I think Yael is ultimately a sympathetic character and is a corrective to the woman-against-woman vibe the show can project. I feel like she will come to Rachel's aid somehow. Or she will blackmail her way to being next season's Suitorette.

Hopefully they will do something meaningful next episode with Jameson being a police officer, otherwise what's the point of that character? Was her occupation drawn from a hat?

I wanted that whole Colemans not real theory to be true.

I also wanted the google glass thing theory to be true. Maybe Yael and Coleman are secretly working together.  

I bet it's going to be a let down till we get to the finale where I think someone will have a gun. Maybe they will get rid of Jeremy for good.

Here's what I do know. The show revolves around Rachel and Quinn so whatever happens they will be around in season 3. The main cast for the most part comes back every season. 

They better not do a mass shooting in the finale. 

Shiri and Constance said the finale will leave your jaw on the floor and they don't know they come back from it. SGS is all about going big or going home. She wants to shock you and too each episode. How else do they get a ratings bonanza.

Only 3 more episodes to go. We need to find out about Yael, the cop lady, the dead husband lady, Rachel, Quinn, Coleman, Chet, Jeremy and everyone else on the show. So much stuff and so little time.

Edited by earlbny

I wanted that whole Colemans not real theory to be true.

I also wanted the google glass thing theory to be true. Maybe Yael and Coleman are secretly working together.  

I bet it's going to be a let down till we get to the finale where I think someone will have a gun. Maybe they will get rid of Jeremy for good.

Here's what I do know. The show revolves around Rachel and Quinn so whatever happens they will be around in season 3. The main cast for the most part comes back every season. 

They better not do a mass shooting in the finale. 

Shiri and Constance said the finale will leave your jaw on the floor and they don't know they come back from it. SGS is all about going big or going home. She wants to shock you and too each episode. How else do they get a ratings bonanza.

Only 3 more episodes to go. We need to find out about Yael, the cop lady, the dead husband lady, Rachel, Quinn, Coleman, Chet, Jeremy and everyone else on the show. So much stuff and so little time.

I don't think SGS won't get rid of Jeremy for good since both Josh Kelly and co-EP Stacy Rukeyser has said in interviews that Rachel and Jeremy will get back together by the end of this season.

(edited)

Seriously WTF. They need to get the hint that nobody like Jeremy. 

Here's som photos from next weeks episode. Some interesting things. 29 photos and not one of Darius or Romeo. Yael and Coleman have a scene together. Looks like the cop contestents is making a face like she's going home. The girls are doing something with dunk tanks. Some random people are on the set. 

http://www.seat42f.com/unreal-season-2-episode-8-photos-fugitive.html

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

It's funny, because in an interview that SGS did with Karen Tongson from the Public Books website last month, she said that Rachel wasn't in love with Jeremy!:

KT: Let’s delve into Rachel’s romantic attachments. I joked to you after I finished Season 1 that I’d take Bellinis in Saint-Tropez any day over a log cabin in the woods with Jeremy (Josh Kelly), the cameraman-turned-DP who represents basic, good-guy masculinity. I find scoundrels like the British suitor Adam (Freddie Stroma) or Chet preferable, for their overt villainy and shadiness, to this character who is supposed to be a path to normalcy for Rachel.

SGS: [Laughing] You know, my mom’s friends like Jeremy. They think he’s a good guy. I write Jeremy as the guy somebody thinks a woman should be with: a safe choice, from a safe place, with an outcome that will inevitably be totally mediocre. Choosing the log cabin would’ve been about settling for someone she’s not in love with at all, but with somebody who will simply take care of her.

KT: So my instincts are right: Jeremy represents the contemporary version of the antifeminist fantasy at the core of Everlasting, the show within the show, which is based on an antiquated arranged-marriage fantasy?

SGS: Yes. Absolutely. When Shiri Appleby was talking to me about the show before we started shooting Season 1, she said, “I really don’t want to do a love triangle show, because I’ve done it before.” My response was, oh no—you are not in a love triangle between Adam and Jeremy; you are in a relationship with Quinn. You have these weird man dolls that you’re projecting fantasies onto, but neither of them are even sort of right for you. You’re projecting versions of yourself onto a wall. That’s how I conceived of those characters. I think the first description I ever wrote of Jeremy was that he was an underwear model who could kill things with his hands. That was it. And Adam was just like a prince. They were both written to be clichés.

Antiheroic Feminism: An Interview with “UnREAL” Co-creator Sarah Gertrude Shapiro

SGS also said the same thing earlier this year in an interview with Entertainment Weekly!:

EW: What are the big questions for Rachel going into this season?

SGS: I think it’s the questions for everybody. [They] are sort of like, we’re all workaholics, we only hang out with our work family, what is our life? What is love? In the first season, we set up a love triangle, and Shiri and I talked about this early on, that neither of those guys was right for her. They were just projections of ideas for her. And so what we’re interested in doing this season is looking at what happens to Rachel when there is a viable candidate in front of her, like, she’s met her match. There’s another producer who comes in, who’s educated, smart, liberal, cunning, manipulative, and Jewish, and all of these things that line up for her in ways she’s never been exposed to. What happens to a person when they’re faced with the potential of a real relationship?

UnREAL EP: Season 2 will be at 'the intersection of the men's rights movement and feminism'

But in these interviews that both SR and JK did earlier this month, they both said that Rachel will get back together with Jeremy, contradicting what SGS said about Rachel and Jeremy!:

Flavorwire: Another thing I really like about Season 2 is how you show Jeremy in a totally different light — now that he and Rachel are officially done, he’s angry. Was that always the plan for the character?

SR: The Jeremy that we’re seeing this year is truly just heartbroken. Even if you look at him going to [Rachel’s] mom [last season] as a “fuck you,” it’s coming out of a real heartbreak. He really feels duped; this is not good for any guy’s self-esteem. But for me, I really feel like it’s coming out of a truly heartbroken place. We definitely wanted to take him to a very real, raw place with that kind of heartbreak and I don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s not over when you think it’s over. I’ll just put it that way. Last season, Rachel was masturbating to a video of her and Jeremy together.

Flavorwire: And not even a video of them having sex!

SR: Exactly. And so there is something in her that really does want that true love relationship. Now, who knows if Jeremy is really the right guy for her or not, but they did have something real. Whether or not it was enough, whether it really ticked all the boxes in terms of what Rachel wants or needs out of a romantic partner — who knows. But they did have something real and certainly for Jeremy, Rachel ticks off all the boxes. He would marry her, do whatever she wanted — take her away from the show, let her stay on the show, whatever. She is everything to him

‘UnREAL’ Executive Producer Stacy Rukeyser on Ruby’s Romance, Jeremy’s Anger, and Falling for the Princess Fantasy — Again

Cosmopolitan: Going from here, do you think there's any hope for a romantic relationship between Rachel and Jeremy?

JK: Sadly, I do, because I think Rachel's character cannot have healthy relationships and Jeremy likes being with girls who treat him terribly. Unfortunately for both of them, they might be able to make it work.

UnREAL's Josh Kelly on His Character's Shocking Downward Spiral

What pisses me off is this part. 

SGS: Yes. Absolutely. When Shiri Appleby was talking to me about the show before we started shooting Season 1, she said, “I really don’t want to do a love triangle show, because I’ve done it before.” My response was, oh no—you are not in a love triangle between Adam and Jeremy; you are in a relationship with Quinn.

Then what does SGS do go ahead and write a stupid love triangle.

• Love 3

Well, Yael's cranking up the espionage - working on an expose while wearing a bathing suit cover-up, is that SGS's idea of irony? Sadly that is the one thing holding my attention. I've also seen the image of Rachel wrapped in her bedsheet lying on the floor of her office or bedroom or whatever that room is, next to a miserable looking Coleman. Is her committal going to join Chet's baby in the room of the mansion where they keep abandoned plot twists? Just 3 episodes left then we can put this season behind us and prepare for the inevitable Lifetime press release trumpeting that Noxon is back, followed by the team-spirit tweet from SGS saying she's thrilled to be re-paired with her fellow Emmy nominee. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

Well, Yael's cranking up the espionage - working on an expose while wearing a bathing suit cover-up, is that SGS's idea of irony? Sadly that is the one thing holding my attention. I've also seen the image of Rachel wrapped in her bedsheet lying on the floor of her office or bedroom or whatever that room is, next to a miserable looking Coleman. Is her committal going to join Chet's baby in the room of the mansion where they keep abandoned plot twists? Just 3 episodes left then we can put this season behind us and prepare for the inevitable Lifetime press release trumpeting that Noxon is back, followed by the team-spirit tweet from SGS saying she's thrilled to be re-paired with her fellow Emmy nominee. 

Along with Rachel getting back together with her abuser Jeremy! UGH!!!!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Speaking of Yael she was on Favebook Live today. The interviewer dude said he believes she's an und in cover reporter doing an expose. I think that's cats been out of the bag for weeks. I want to know if she's working alone or not? That story better have a pay off. The season finale is called Friendly Fire and can't come soon enough. I wonder if SGS will admit to this season being a failure? Or will she pretend like it never happened. I hope she kisses and makes up either Marti. I am thinking Jeremy's gun is a part of the finale not sure how. Maybe they'll do a mass shooting because that's a hot topic just like police shootings. I hope not. I bet they already forgot about Chet's Baby. Last weeks episode was bad enough now this week we have a time jump and no pics or Dsrius or Romeo anywhere.  What's up with that?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154112103783859&id=102661123858

I love this teeet.

https://www.twitter.com/beautifulcity/status/755569471432040448

Edited by earlbny

I can't really think of anything at this point the finale could do to make us care much going into S3. Jeremy comes back and shoots the place up? So? They won't kill anyone we care about; people get shot on this show and we're left to assume they're ok, like Romeo. Yael's expose is out and they come and arrest Quinn and Rachel for negligent homicide? So? They'll just do a time jump before next season and explain how the network lawyered up and bought their way out of it; maybe we'd get a quick montage of scenes of Quinn in a minimum security prison, played for comedy, ordering around prisoners who've become her minions like inmate versions of Madison. The network swoops in and installs new management? Already been done. Any theories that aren't a version of one of the above?

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, BingeyKohan said:

I can't really think of anything at this point the finale could do to make us care much going into S3. Jeremy comes back and shoots the place up? So? They won't kill anyone we care about; people get shot on this show and we're left to assume they're ok, like Romeo. Yael's expose is out and they come and arrest Quinn and Rachel for negligent homicide? So? They'll just do a time jump before next season and explain how the network lawyered up and bought their way out of it; maybe we'd get a quick montage of scenes of Quinn in a minimum security prison, played for comedy, ordering around prisoners who've become her minions like inmate versions of Madison. The network swoops in and installs new management? Already been done. Any theories that aren't a version of one of the above?

I don't think that the show would have Jeremy coming back to the ''Everlasting'' set to shoot up the place since they already had a violent incident with a white cop shooting Romeo already!

Edited by Chris Burgess
(edited)

ITA. Quinn could bark ordere behind bars. One thing I do know is that Rachel and Quinn will be back for season 3. So whatever happens Rachel and Quinn will be around. Shiri said by the end of the season Rachel and Quinn are back on the same team. She perfers them on the same team. I can't think of anything shocking. What if Rachel got back together with Jeremy to take down Coleman and Yael? 

2 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I'm still trying to think of what would "make my jaw drop."  Maybe if Quinn or Rachel quit, but quite honestly, at this point I wouldn't care.

They should quit and run off and do a totally different show or just rub as far away from Lifetime.

2 hours ago, Chris Burgess said:

I don't think that the show would have Jeremy coming back to the ''Everlasting'' set to shoot up the place since they already had a violent incident with a white cop shooting Romeo already!

I hope not. Howver mass shootings are sadly big news much like police shootings.

I don't think anything could be good. I'll give them some props if it's something nobody thought of. What does the finale episode title Friendly Fire mean?

Heres a spoiler link.

http://cartermatt.com/214849/unreal-season-2-episode-9-preview-rachel-coleman-burn-everlasting-ground/

Edited by earlbny
8 minutes ago, earlbny said:

I don't think anything could be good. I'll give them some props if it's something nobody thought of. What does Friendly Fire mean?

It usually means a military killing (accidental) where the strike comes from within your own squadron, which is why we'd speculate a strike comes from within the 'everlasting' family, whether literal (Jeremy coming back and shooting, though I agree I don't think we'll see another gun at this point) or figurative, like Rachel and Coleman's plan to 'burn it to the ground.' 

I guess this week the 'fugitives' were Rachel and Darius? The episode titles are not terribly imaginative.

36 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

It usually means a military killing (accidental) where the strike comes from within your own squadron, which is why we'd speculate a strike comes from within the 'everlasting' family, whether literal (Jeremy coming back and shooting, though I agree I don't think we'll see another gun at this point) or figurative, like Rachel and Coleman's plan to 'burn it to the ground.' 

I guess this week the 'fugitives' were Rachel and Darius? The episode titles are not terribly imaginative.

Thanks for the info. I had an idea what Friendly Fire meant. After this weeks episodes I was confused about episode titles. I thought this weeks episode fugitive would mean something like Chet stealing his a baby again but this time leaving the state and talking him on a cross country road trip. I don't believe everything that comes out of SGS mouth. However she did say nobody does this season.

(edited)

Thanks for the info. I had an idea what Friendly Fire meant. After this weeks episodes I was confused about episode titles. I thought this weeks episode fugitive would mean something like Chet stealing his a baby again but this time leaving the state and talking him on a cross country road trip. I don't believe everything that comes out of SGS mouth. However she did say nobody does this season.

Where does SGS say that nobody dies this season?

Edited by Chris Burgess

Grassy Knoll spec:  Jeremy will find out about Olive and shoot her.  Then, somehow, Rachel and he will have to get married because of "spousal privilege" or something. Or maybe it will be Chet and Quinn.

I am 99% sure I'm wrong, but I wanted to put it out there on the remote chance that I am right.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Chris Burgess said:

Where does SGS say that nobody dies this season?

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. I can't seem to find where she said that. I hope I did not make that up.

(edited)

I fiaally found an episode description for the season finale. It does not sound too shocking. I think the unexpected turn has to do with Coleman plan or a gun. Thoughts?

ETA: Here's a thought. What if Jeremy finds that Coleman will try and expose everlasting so he shows up on set with a gun and takes care of business. Then Rachel calls him her knight and shining armor and they hook up and live happily ever after. I know it's silly but it's a thought. Also no mention of Darius. We all know this season was secretly not about Race.

UnREAL

Friendly Fire

An unexpected turn could foil Quinn's plans; Rachel stands up to Coleman as his plans to expose 'Everlasting' begin to unfold. Starring:  Shiri Appleby, Constance Zimmer, Craig Bierko, Josh Kelly

Edited by earlbny
(edited)
3 hours ago, earlbny said:

I fiaally found an episode description for the season finale. It does not sound too shocking. I think the unexpected turn has to do with Coleman plan or a gun. Thoughts?

ETA: Here's a thought. What if Jeremy finds that Coleman will try and expose everlasting so he shows up on set with a gun and takes care of business. Then Rachel calls him her knight and shining armor and they hook up and live happily ever after. I know it's silly but it's a thought. Also no mention of Darius. We all know this season was secretly not about Race.

UnREAL

Friendly Fire

An unexpected turn could foil Quinn's plans; Rachel stands up to Coleman as his plans to expose 'Everlasting' begin to unfold. Starring:  Shiri Appleby, Constance Zimmer, Craig Bierko, Josh Kelly

Where did you get that episode summary from S2 E10 from? I don't think that Jeremy would kill Coleman, because he doesn't know about his and Yael's plans to bring down ''Everlasting'', and I don't think that he would care less about the show anymore since Chet fired him from the show earlier this season! And I think that the ''unexpected turn'' that foils Quinn's plans has to do with "Everlasting'', and not Jeremy!

Edited by Chris Burgess
1 hour ago, Chris Burgess said:

Where did you get that episode summary from S2 E10 from? I don't think that Jeremy would kill Coleman, because he doesn't know about his and Yael's plans to bring down ''Everlasting'', and I don't think that he would care less about the show anymore since Chet fired him from the show earlier this season! And I think that the ''unexpected turn'' that foils Quinn's plans has to do with "Everlasting'', and not Jeremy!

I found the episode description from a TV provider. In the coming days I sure there will be a description with more info. I was just guessing at what happens. I have no idea what's going to happens. 

22 minutes ago, earlbny said:

I found the episode description from a TV provider. In the coming days I sure there will be a description with more info. I was just guessing at what happens. I have no idea what's going to happens. 

Which TV provider?

(edited)

They'll overcomplicate it somehow but the photos (pared-down set of players, Rachel back doing her job, her and Quinn together) make it look like season 1!

Thanks for the link.

It's about time. It only took them 9 episodes. LOL Yay for the possibility of looking like season 1. It may be too little too late.

This is from the Carter Matt link I posted above. He's probably seen the episode already so we can probably read between the lines. I think Rachel will use Coleman and team up with Quinn. Kind of like what happened at the end of season 1. The preview pics show them together. Not sure about Jay and Darius. Does it really matter at this point who Darius pics. Judging by the pics it seems like he goes with Yael and the other white girl. Maybe the other black girl does the shooting after she is sent home. is Quinn Pregnant or getting married? What signs have been floating around. 

On tonight’s new episode of “UnREAL,” Coleman found out some rather key information from Yael about the show’s history, including what happened to Mary last year. Part of the problem is that Yael was a reporter in secret, and she had already uncovered quite a bit of dirt on the series.

So where are we going to see the story go during next week’s “Espionage”? Well, let’s just say that Coleman is going to do his part to convince Rachel that she can help him take down both Quinn and the series once and for all. After all, he’s already taken advantage of Rachel in a vulnerable state. Will she come around and realize what is happening in full during this episode? If she does, maybe she can stop “Everlasting” from getting exposed.

Also, be prepare for this to be a huge episode for Jay, given that he and Darius are going to work together in tandem in order to ensure that the contestants they want are the ones that make it to the end of the season. Tonight, we learned that Jay is really the only producer that he trusts, and while that’s a feather in his cap, it’s dangerous given that they can manipulate the show into whatever they want.

Finally, let’s turn to Quinn, who’s going to get some rather big news over the course of the hour. Do we have to spell out precisely what this news is? Well, it hasn’t been confirmed just yet, but we do think that there are some signs of it floating around already.

Edited by earlbny

Here's a longer summary for S2 E10 ("Friendly Fire") of "UnREAL" from the Rotten Tomatoes website!

In the second-season finale, Quinn's plans for the remaining two contestants could be foiled by an unexpected turn of events. Meanwhile, Rachel stands up to Coleman just as his plot to expose the show begins to unfold.

• Love 1
(edited)

My speculation for the finale is that an inebriated Jeremy learns who Yael is and that she used him for information for her expose and didn't actually care about him and he comes back to set to [fill-in-the-blank] threaten/menace others/kill himself/kill Rachel? And what if Coleman is the "friendly fire" who tries to talk some sense into Jeremy or even take a literal bullet for Rachel and this is the jaw-dropping moment?

I still cannot figure where Yael's taking of Jeremy's truck keys comes into play.......what if Jeremy did NOT take his gun when he was fired and Yael finds it when Jeremy is on set wreaking havoc (again, my theory) and she shoots him with his own gun?

Or Jeremy could be on-site with his gun (again, drunk and mad at Yael - my theory) and could accidentally shoot anyone - Romeo, Ruby- who came back to proclaim her love for Darius, Darius, Booth???

Thoughts?

Edited by dixiecricket
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, dixiecricket said:

My speculation for the finale is that an inebriated Jeremy learns who Yael is and that she used him for information for her expose and didn't actually care about him and he comes back to set to [fill-in-the-blank] threaten/menace others/kill himself/kill Rachel? And what if Coleman is the "friendly fire" who tries to talk some sense into Jeremy or even take a literal bullet for Rachel and this is the jaw-dropping moment?

I still cannot figure where Yael's taking of Jeremy's truck keys comes into play.......what if Jeremy did NOT take his gun when he was fired and Yael finds it when Jeremy is on set wreaking havoc (again, my theory) and she shoots him with his own gun?

Or Jeremy could be on-site with his gun (again, drunk and mad at Yael - my theory) and could accidentally shoot anyone - Romeo, Ruby- who came back to proclaim her love for Darius, Darius, Booth???

Thoughts?

You bring up some good speculation/thoughts. It would not surprise me if any of those theory's turn out to be true. Here are some things I know. Rachel and Quinn are the stars of the show so I am sure they'll be back for season 3. I don't think either of them die. I guess everyone else is fair game.

1 hour ago, dixiecricket said:

Thoughts?

Maybe, just maybe, if the show is capable of paying off one single thing they planted (amid all the dropped plot points and details that seemed important but have proven meaningless) they will actually do something with the concept of Yael as a Rachel look-alike (which I never really saw, but whatever) Maybe Jeremy will threaten real Rachel and Hot Rachel, knowing where his gun is, will come to her aid, or vice versa, a literalization of Rachel "saving herself."

But then again I haven't correctly predicted anything yet!

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, earlbny said:

You bring up some good speculation/thoughts. It would not surprise me if any of those theory's turn out to be true. Here are some things I know. Rachel and Quinn are the stars of the show so I am sure they'll be back for season 3. I don't think either of them die. I guess everyone else is fair game.

According to a recent interview with Chilled Magazine, Josh Kelly (Jeremy) was waiting for his season three schedule while doing his own projects after season two wrapped production (the link to the article is in the UnREAL Media, News, Ratings, and Previews thread), so he might be back next season!

Edited by Chris Burgess
(edited)
6 hours ago, BingeyKohan said:

Maybe, just maybe, if the show is capable of paying off one single thing they planted (amid all the dropped plot points and details that seemed important but have proven meaningless) they will actually do something with the concept of Yael as a Rachel look-alike (which I never really saw, but whatever) Maybe Jeremy will threaten real Rachel and Hot Rachel, knowing where his gun is, will come to her aid, or vice versa, a literalization of Rachel "saving herself."

But then again I haven't correctly predicted anything yet!

The whole hot Rachel thing bothered me. For one I have a crush on Shiri and thinks she's super hot and 2 the other girl while pretty looks nothing like Shiri. Other then the dark hair. Maybe if they cast Emanuelle Chiriqui I would see It. Both Shiri and Emanuelle come from the same ethnic background. That's another good theory.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1