Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation Discussion

Thanks for that earlbny. After reading it I'm going to optimistically disavow the mass shooter theory, but I still wonder if Jeremy will return to the set with a loaded gun of sorts. I think the 'Chekhov's gun' they have introduced is not the gun Jeremy used to shoot up Rachel's photo but his direct line to her mother. Maybe he brings her to set to have Rachel institutionalized. (Oh man I'm having anxious flashbacks to when Kirsten's mother made her choose between her and Charlie on Party of Five.) I would LOVE to see Quinn tear into Rachel's mother. 

• Love 1
(edited)

You're welcome. I have no idea how this season is going to end. According to IMDB Rachel's mom is not in any S2 episodes. That could be wrong. It would not be the 1st time. I'll have to keep searching around till I find something. I used to love Party of Five. I have not watched Greys in years. I can't believe that show is still on the air.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
On 7/6/2016 at 8:29 AM, earlbny said:

I never heard that mass shooter speculation. If memory serves SGS said they don't want to repeat themselves and nobody dies this season. Sadly mass shootings are a big news topic. I think SGS likes to pat herself on the back by saying we did things 1st. Especially this season. Has there ever been a mass shooting on a TV show? If that plot turns out to be true it would be in a later episode. Constance Zimmer said the season finale will leave your jaw on the floor.

fingers crossed for Coleman/Google Glasses expose!

That would make for a fun season 3, and I would totally watch them deal with a shitstorm like that.

(edited)

Here's a brand new phone interview Shiri did with Red Carpet Crash. In the interview Shiri said by the end of the season Rachel and Quinn get back together. She also said we see the unraveling of Rachel. In regards to the finale she said that she agrees with Constance that the finale is jaw dropping. She does not know how we come back from that. She can't believe they filmed it or something like that.

I need to figure out the finale. Does Jeremy come back with a gun. Does Darius die or a contestent come back to cause serious problems. Or maybe it's the Google glass thing. I fear that it may be a total letdown. I hope am wrong. What could be so Jawdropping? 

http://redcarpetcrash.com/interview-shiri-appleby-talks-unreal/

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
(edited)

When Michael Rady auditioned for the Role of Coleman he bought a pair of glasses. He kept them in his pocket. Then just threw them on. Afterwards they changed the role to maybe Coleman wears glasses. Not sure how much of the script was written he auditioned. We still don't even know much about some of the contestents. You ou can read the whole thing at the link below.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/unreals-michael-rady-on-rachel-going-shirtless.html

What did you know about Coleman then?

I knew he was well-to-do, comes from the New York film school world, he's a documentarian, probably had a lot of success, easy, charming, lovely guy.  So I did that in the audition, and it went really well. I bought some glasses for the audition. I was planning on returning them, but my wife threw out the receipt, so then I kept the $250 glasses. They wanted to see me again. They had changed the character description, to "maybe he wears glasses.’"Okay. They saw I wore glasses. I chose to think that they changed that because of me. They even added things about my wardrobe to the character that I wore to the audition. All right. Okay. I'm feeling good about this. So then I met with the producers and that went really, really well.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
(edited)

I submitted a question for Shiri Appleby on a facebook live video on Extra TV's facebook page a couple of weeks ago, and asked her about Rachel and Coleman's relationship, and her relationship with her ex-boyfriend Jeremy. SA said that Rachel is annoyed by Jeremy and she never felt anything for him, which contradicts what "UnREAL" co-executive producer Stacy Rukeyser said in that Flavorwire interview about Rachel still having feelings for Jeremy, and her wanting to get back together with him!: https://www.facebook.com/extra/videos/10153850918534755/

Edited by Chris Burgess
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Chris Burgess said:

I submitted a question for Shiri Appleby on a facebook live video on Extra TV's facebook page a couple of weeks ago, and asked her about Rachel and Coleman's relationship, and her relationship with her ex-boyfriend Jeremy. SA said that Rachel is annoyed by Jeremy and she never felt anything for him, which contradicts what "UnREAL" co-executive producer Stacy Rukeyser said in that Flavorwire interview about Rachel still having feelings for Jeremy, and her wanting to get back together with him!: https://www.facebook.com/extra/videos/10153850918534755/

Shiri's interpretation feels truer to what we've seen on the show than Rukeyser's.  I haven't seen any evidence so far that Rachel was secretly pining for Jeremy, and clearly Shiri's not trying to play her that way.

And based on the link earlbny posted, it seems like Adam may finally return next episode!  Or at least that's how I read the return of  familiar face that fans will be happy to see.

• Love 3

I am intrigued by the Casualty photos that show Chet cozying up to Tiffany, although I found her easy manipulation by him earlier in the season to be not quite believable. I assume the Romeo dalliance Chet set the stage for will be the secret revealed during Waggerstein's mirror exercise. The Vulture piece where Shiri was shadowed while directing captured CZ's uncertainty about the romantic tone of her cemetery scenes, and the episode photos do have a very light rom-com-y vibe there among the headstones. I am glad we're going into a Rachel-centric arc at least.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've seen a sneak peak of tonight's episode and I can't wait to discuses it with all of you. In the meantime here's some info from Entertainment Weekly.

Do you know who’s going to win Everlasting on UnREAL this season? — Fatima

I hear we’ll see an engagement ring thrown into the mix during Monday’s episode, but the real question is: Who’s popping the question?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/08/spoiler-room-blindspot-legends-tomorrow-agents-shield

ETA: Here's a description of episode 7 and some some thoughts from episode 7 & 8.

Ambush - Quinn interferes with Rachel and Coleman's new relationship; Darius decides to take a break from the show with Romeo; and Rachel makes a decision with dangerous consequences. Meanwhile, an unexpected visitor stops by the set.

Can the bachelor/bachelorette take a break from the show? I don't watch the real show so I wouldn't know. What could Rachel's decision with dangerous consequences be? We don't have a description for episode 8. All we have is a title "Fugitive". Hmmm... 

Her's some more into to think about.

Without giving anything away, by the time we get to the end of Season 2, what feelings do you think we’ll have, going into Season 3?

APPLEBY: Oh, my goodness! You end the season being like, “How do you come back from that?!” Honestly, it ends in such a crazy ass way that you’ll wonder how we’re going to possibly come back from it. That’s what I’m even thinking. How do we come back? That’s crazy!

http://collider.com/unreal-season-3-shiri-appleby-interview/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

Last but not least here's a video from Shiri and Constance talking about Adam's return. Plus they also answer some questions from yours truly.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/unreal-stars-tease-freddie-stroma-1467839066103862.html

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
(edited)

According to this intreview with Josh Kelly from Cosmo, he said that Jeremy didn't hit Rachel but was ''reacting to being hit by her" (which is complete BS!), and that they'll get back together because Rachel can't be in a helathy relationship with a guy, and Jeremy likes being with women who treat him terribly! WTF?!?!?!?! I just wished that SGS didn't listen to Lifetime and brought JK/Jeremy back to the show! What was the point of bringing on Michael Rady/Coleman as Rachel's love interest if she's getting back togerther with Jeremy?:

UnREAL's Josh Kelly on His Character's Shocking Downward Spiral

Edited by Chris Burgess
  • Love 2

Hmmmm. Interesting - need to process. Re: the New Yorker article reaction, I'm sure Lifetime PR reps monitor these interviews so I assume this is a network-approved reaction on his part. Not at all happy with any outcome he hints at.

• Love 2
(edited)

Don't forget Adam's also coming back. According to Shiri from a zap2it Facebook live interview today, Quinn makes a phone call in tonight's episode and a familiar face returns. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

Hmmmm. Interesting - need to process. Re: the New Yorker article reaction, I'm sure Lifetime PR reps monitor these interviews so I assume this is a network-approved reaction on his part. Not at all happy with any outcome he hints at.

The "UnREAL" twitter account (owned by Lifetime) acctually retweeted The New Yorker article!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Chris Burgess said:

According to this intreview with Josh Kelly from Cosmo, he said that Jeremy didn't hit Rachel but was ''reacting to being hit by her" (which is complete BS!), and that they'll get back together because Rachel can't be in a helathy relationship with a guy, and Jeremy likes being with women who treat him terribly! WTF?!?!?!?! I just wished that SGS didn't listen to Lifetime and brought JK/Jeremy back to the show! What was the point of bringing on Michael Rady/Coleman as Rachel's love interest if she's getting back togerther with Jeremy?:

UnREAL's Josh Kelly on His Character's Shocking Downward Spiral

That's some real bullshit in that interview and it really doesn't give me a great impression about what Josh Kelly might be like.  It really enrages me when people only focus on the hitting part of abuse, as if that's the only way to physically abuse someone else.   Jeremy had already crossed the line into assault when he cornered her in the trailer and grabbed her arms hard enough in multiple places to leave bruises.  All of that happened before she hit him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jeremy's a nice who would not hit a soul. Please. I don't buy that for a second. That article also frustrates me. 

I would love it if they switched suitors.

I am going to be mad if Coleman turns out to be nobody. WTF?

Rachel might only be crazy  because people tell her she is. If they put her in a hospital after 4 seasons of her going crazy I would understand but it seems too soon. Plus she kind of already went away and got better.

I cant believe we only have 4 episodes left. Is that enough time to save the season. I don't think so. I hope I am proven wrong.

Do they even have an end game?

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

So in the preview for next week it seems Darius, Romeo, and Tiffany "take a break from the show" and take off in someone's car.  We see Rachel calling the police (I assume) and saying "I'd like to report a stolen car". Then a shot of the cops pulling them over and getting rough with Darius and Romeo.  Finally, a shot of Rachel in scrubs or a hospital gown with what sounds like Jay's voice telling her "This is all on you".

With the current climate of police interaction with black men and the shot of Rachel looking devastated and Jay's line, I'm afraid something really bad is going to happen to Darius or most likely Romeo during that traffic stop.

• Love 2
(edited)

You could be right. That makes a lot of sense. However Sarah has said nobody dies in S2. If they go there I want them to bring it. I don't want some half ass story line. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, earlbny said:

I watched the promo from next week and it looks like Rachel is wearing a hospital gown. 

image.jpg

The clip where Rachel is in a hospital gown could be a flashback scene where Rachel was in the mental hospital prior to her coming back to "Everlasting" at the start of season one of "UnREAL", because the clip is kinda in a black and white tone.

Edited by Chris Burgess
3 hours ago, Bama said:

So in the preview for next week it seems Darius, Romeo, and Tiffany "take a break from the show" and take off in someone's car.  We see Rachel calling the police (I assume) and saying "I'd like to report a stolen car". Then a shot of the cops pulling them over and getting rough with Darius and Romeo.  Finally, a shot of Rachel in scrubs or a hospital gown with what sounds like Jay's voice telling her "This is all on you".

With the current climate of police interaction with black men and the shot of Rachel looking devastated and Jay's line, I'm afraid something really bad is going to happen to Darius or most likely Romeo during that traffic stop.

If Rachel sets that in motion, she will be dead to me.  And no amount of mental illness will forgive it.  Actually, the way she has been going this season, I pretty much am halfway to hating Rachel so this will be just the thing to push me over the edge.

• Love 3

I saw that preview. I may have to quit the show, and I am serious. I know this was in the can before the recent spate of ... unmitigated awfulness, but shit is too real out here (my family and I have taken to texting each other at night to make sure we're all home safe; my father, who drives a nice car, is traveling in it today and I'm super nervous about it) for me to watch a show that doesn't take that seriously. Historically, white women's machinations against black men has meant actual, literal, very violent death for black men, and I simply can't support a show that doesn't take that seriously.

• Love 7
(edited)

Quinn gets off making Rachel feel bad about herself. I want Rachel to punch her and then walk out. 

In the episode description it says "Rachel makes a decision with dangerous consequences" I think that has to do with calling the police on Darius.

I am starting to think the hospital gown is a flashback.

Episode 8 is is titled Fugitive. We don't have an episode description yet. Is it going to be obvious that its either Darius or Romeo? I would love it if its someone you least expect. Coleman would be great.  

Edited by earlbny
10 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

That's some real bullshit in that interview and it really doesn't give me a great impression about what Josh Kelly might be like.  It really enrages me when people only focus on the hitting part of abuse, as if that's the only way to physically abuse someone else.   Jeremy had already crossed the line into assault when he cornered her in the trailer and grabbed her arms hard enough in multiple places to leave bruises.  All of that happened before she hit him.

His acting in this scene does corroborate his interview. She pushed back him because he was aggressive and he freaked out by flapping his alcohol-fueled wings and hit her. There was a moment of shock/concern on his face and then Chet came in between them. I am not trying to make light of the event but his recounting of the scene to the interviewer matches what I saw last night (and I didn't even read the interview until this morning).

(edited)
32 minutes ago, dixiecricket said:

His acting in this scene does corroborate his interview. She pushed back him because he was aggressive and he freaked out by flapping his alcohol-fueled wings and hit her. There was a moment of shock/concern on his face and then Chet came in between them. I am not trying to make light of the event but his recounting of the scene to the interviewer matches what I saw last night (and I didn't even read the interview until this morning).

That's not at all what I saw when I watched it.  And his explanation makes it seem like he only became aggressive once he hit her AFTER she hit him, when he first 1) cornered her, and then 2) grabbed her arms, and wrists, and 3) took his hand and gripped her jaw and mouth very hard and slammed her up against the back of the trailer.  This all happened BEFORE she finally hit him to run away from him.

I just looked at the scene again where Shiri hit him to get away from him and then he hit her.  Two problems here.  First, the look on his face AS HE HIT HER was rage.  But then for a split second he looked like "oops" and there was some confusion on his part.  My problem with this was that it was so fleeting that if you weren't looking at him (but at her and then Chet) then you wouldn't notice any of the brief confusion.  Second, this is problematic in general because of the rage on his face when he punched her with the back of his fist.  It's also problematic because of what came before it - him not letting her go and holding and bruising her.  Josh looks bad trying to defend this - and the writers look stupid for trying to give him THAT particular out.  If he hadn't done the part beforehand where he wouldn't let her go and was assaulting her before she hit him, then he might have that as a reasonable defense (not really).  But he doesn't.

I feel like Josh may not know what aired - because I think in filming he may have had a longer time to look "confused and upset that he hit her".  

The other problem is that in this episode (ep 6) Jeremy is actually defending himself for hitting Rachel because "she hit him first", completely ignoring everything that came before that.  I hope Josh doesn't think Jeremy is in any way in the right and if he's being forced to say this I feel sorry for him.  If he really believes this I don't know what to say.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 5
(edited)

I wonder if the version he's going with is what was "sold" to him by SGS and the writers - that New Yorker article said that he fought with SGS over Jeremy hitting Rachel, and that she placated him by saying that "the signature of Unreal was complexity and that Jeremy was joining the ranks of the show’s antiheroes." (that quote is straight from the New Yorker article).  So I wonder if he was told on-set that Jeremy hitting Rachel would look "complex" because it could be construed that she hit him first and that he was reacting to that, that placated Josh Kelly into doing the scene, and then it was edited differently after the fact.    

Also, in looking back once again at the article to get that exact quote, I'm reminded once again that SGS should just write off Josh Kelly if she dislikes him that much.  "All I can say is we employ a veteran, and he’s a good person." and "Integrating Jeremy was a small price to pay for having a black bachelor and letting Quinn and Rachel go all the way to darkness" are pretty shitty things to say about one of the leads on your show, especially when there are more diplomatic ways to say both of those things.  

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 7

After this episode (especially the part where he took off his glasses as a show of extreme earnestness) I would be prepared to mount and defend a theory that Coleman is not even a real person but a delusion of Rachel's, except for the fact that we've seen him interact with characters without Rachel around. I wonder if there's any chance she has imagined portions of their relationship, stuff he says to her when they're alone and that to him they're merely colleagues. Perhaps she was masturbating in the closing scene, and she and Quinn were in fact both alone? I'm thinking back to the (UnReal) producer who mentioned in the interview how Rachel masturbated before to a video of her and Jeremy cuddling - maybe a supportive guy is what gets her off, so she imagines Coleman giving her a pep talk and then, alone, she...takes care of herself. Just wondering if we'll later see a flashback to that sequence where she's alone on the couch.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jeremy is the aggressor. Josh is a soap actor.  He's super happy to have landed a show that's not a soap. He'll do anything to make a name for himself. He was probably told this is what will land you another job. I think he's doing what he's told. God forbid he gets fired for not listening. 

I never even thought of that. It never crossed my mind. That would be a shocking twist for me. Except how do you explain the interaction between Coleman and other people?

Edited by earlbny
4 minutes ago, earlbny said:

Except how do you explain the interaction between Coleman and other people?

Well, in that theory, every scene that involves Coleman and people who are not Rachel is accurate; every scene that depicts ONLY Coleman and Rachel is now questionable. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

Well, in that theory, every scene that involves Coleman and people who are not Rachel is accurate; every scene that depicts ONLY Coleman and Rachel is now questionable. 

Now I am thinking the hospital gown is not a flashback and maybe she dreamed up the whole season in the hospital. Then we find out Jeremy went to her mother at the end of last season and got her admitted. Something like that. I see dead people.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, earlbny said:

Now I am thinking the hospital gown is not a flashback and maybe she dreamed up the whole season in the hospital. Then we find out Jeremy went to her mother at the end of last season and got her admitted. Something like that. I see dead people.

I don't know if they'd take it that far, or if they did, it'd be a reveal at the end of the season rather than this early -- but I do like the idea of Quinn going to Rachel in an institution and giving her the instructions for self-reinvention, like Don Draper did to Peggy Olson in the hospital after she had her surprise baby: "This never happened. It will SHOCK you how much this never happened."

• Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

I don't know if they'd take it that far, or if they did, it'd be a reveal at the end of the season rather than this early -- but I do like the idea of Quinn going to Rachel in an institution and giving her the instructions for self-reinvention, like Don Draper did to Peggy Olson in the hospital after she had her surprise baby: "This never happened. It will SHOCK you how much this never happened."

I don't know either if they would take it that far. Going back to last season Mary's suicide happened in episode 6. It was not the finale. So they could shock us in episode 7. I miss Mad Men. I totally remember that scene. Keep in mind that Marti Noxon worked on Mad Men so maybe before she left UnREAL she threw that story/plot out there.

SGS tweeted this out. I guess she loves Josh now. The 2 of them should run off into the sunset and get married.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GertShap/status/752880370585001984

Edited by earlbny
2 hours ago, phoenics said:

That's not at all what I saw when I watched it.  And his explanation makes it seem like he only became aggressive once he hit her AFTER she hit him, when he first 1) cornered her, and then 2) grabbed her arms, and wrists, and 3) took his hand and gripped her jaw and mouth very hard and slammed her up against the back of the trailer.  This all happened BEFORE she finally hit him to run away from him.

I just looked at the scene again where Shiri hit him to get away from him and then he hit her.  Two problems here.  First, the look on his face AS HE HIT HER was rage.  But then for a split second he looked like "oops" and there was some confusion on his part.  My problem with this was that it was so fleeting that if you weren't looking at him (but at her and then Chet) then you wouldn't notice any of the brief confusion.  Second, this is problematic in general because of the rage on his face when he punched her with the back of his fist.  It's also problematic because of what came before it - him not letting her go and holding and bruising her.  Josh looks bad trying to defend this - and the writers look stupid for trying to give him THAT particular out.  If he hadn't done the part beforehand where he wouldn't let her go and was assaulting her before she hit him, then he might have that as a reasonable defense (not really).  But he doesn't.

I feel like you and I are saying the same thing. Speaking as someone who, unfortunately, isn't a happy drunk; I think his initial reaction was blind rage, then realized for a second that something was wrong but was unable to process it and then Chet.

I am not excusing any of it; I just understood his acting.

• Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, earlbny said:

SGS tweeted this out. I guess she loves Josh now. The 2 of them should run off into the sunset and get married.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GertShap/status/752880370585001984

Ha, well, speaking of unreliable narrators.

Now I am chewing on my fingers like they're Twinkies (to quote Quinn) thinking of what Rachel might have imagined. I really am starting to convince myself she was alone in her office at the end, fantasizing about Coleman, the only "real" part of the experience being her orgasm. Maybe she and Coleman were on track toward something UNTIL he watched her let Ruby's father into Darius's bedroom. That was when he started eyeing her warily, which continued anytime other people were around; only in her office alone did he look at her with stars in his eyes (and without his glasses no less) which contributes to the idea it was an imagined exchange. 

I also think it's telling, and maybe a little *too* pat, that Jeremy and Coleman are literally yin and yang, polar opposites of maleness, meaning maybe somehow Rachel has invented the worst of Jeremy and the best of Coleman? Her deleting the photos was really her overriding her memories and acknowledging it didn't quite happen like that? I'm so confused!

Edited by BingeyKohan
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I wonder if the version he's going with is what was "sold" to him by SGS and the writers - that New Yorker article said that he fought with SGS over Jeremy hitting Rachel, and that she placated him by saying that "the signature of Unreal was complexity and that Jeremy was joining the ranks of the show’s antiheroes." (that quote is straight from the New Yorker article).  So I wonder if he was told on-set that Jeremy hitting Rachel would look "complex" because it could be construed that she hit him first and that he was reacting to that, that placated Josh Kelly into doing the scene, and then it was edited differently after the fact.    

Also, in looking back once again at the article to get that exact quote, I'm reminded once again that SGS should just write off Josh Kelly if she dislikes him that much.  "All I can say is we employ a veteran, and he’s a good person." and "Integrating Jeremy was a small price to pay for having a black bachelor and letting Quinn and Rachel go all the way to darkness" are pretty shitty things to say about one of the leads on your show, especially when there are more diplomatic ways to say both of those things.  

It seems like, essentially Josh was "produced" by SGS. Pretty much what Rachel does to everyone on the show. Figures.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

Ha, well, speaking of unreliable narrators.

Now I am chewing on my fingers like they're Twinkies (to quote Quinn) thinking of what Rachel might have imagined. I really am starting to convince myself she was alone in her office at the end, fantasizing about Coleman, the only "real" part of the experience being her orgasm. Maybe she and Coleman were on track toward something UNTIL he watched her let Ruby's father into Darius's bedroom. That was when he started eyeing her warily, which continued anytime other people were around; only in her office alone did he look at her with stars in his eyes (and without his glasses no less) which contributes to the idea it was an imagined exchange. 

I also think it's telling, and maybe a little *too* pat, that Jeremy and Coleman are literally yin and yang, polar opposites of maleness, meaning maybe somehow Rachel has invented the worst of Jeremy and the best of Coleman? Her deleting the photos was really her overriding her memories and acknowledging it didn't quite happen like that? I'm so confused!

At the very least we could have good fan fic. We have 4 more episodes till we find out.

Josh has been apart of almost all the promo stuff for season 2. We have not seen Maddison except for one thing she did in Austin. We never seen Dr Wag or the contestents talking about the show in front of a live audience. So maybe that was something they promised him if he played along.

It sounds as if Josh is speaking as an actor;  As people we find reasons for our behavior (even bad behavior), and it reads to me as if Josh is explaining/justifying where his character is coming from.  I do not for a second believe that Josh agrees with what Jeremy did. But it is Josh's job to act the character, to find reasons for Jeremy's intentions, and not play his personal opinions.

7 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Sounds like Josh Kelly got played just like the contestants get played on UnReal.

They don't have to die for something bad to happen.

Darius with his back issues taking a whack with a night stick could equal a permanently disabled Darius.

• Love 1
(edited)

^True. I hope I guess it wrong and really do get the season finale shock of my life.

Someone on twitter thinks Adam will bang Hot Rachel.

Edited by earlbny

If this season turns out to be a figment of Rachel's imagination, I will be blown away; BUT with several episodes left in the season, would they introduce this now? Seems like more of a season-finale reveal.

Also, given the manner in which S1 and S2 developed; how would a S3 look? If you start over then you're basically starting where S1 started, which was at the end of a breakdown. If you trail off into Rachel's mental health issues, you lose the crux of what the first 2 seasons have been based on. While intriguing, it doesn't seem possible.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dixiecricket said:

How would a S3 look? If you start over then you're basically starting where S1 started, which was at the end of a breakdown. If you trail off into Rachel's mental health issues, you lose the crux of what the first 2 seasons have been based on. While intriguing, it doesn't seem possible.

If season 2 was a dream, then season 3 would pick up where season 1 left off—not where it began. Perhaps Rachel says yes to Adam?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, editorgrrl said:

If season 2 was a dream, then season 3 would pick up where season 1 left off—not where it began. Perhaps Rachel says yes to Adam?

In all of the spoiler interviews, everyone seems to remark how they aren't sure how/where you pick up after S2 finale.

Is it too farfetched to think that S1 didn't exist either?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, dixiecricket said:

Also, given the manner in which S1 and S2 developed; how would a S3 look? 

I've heard the creators of The Americans say something about their approach that I think might apply here (and is good advice for writers in general, I think): That in deciding what to show and what to leave out/skip over, they decide what scenes they would themselves want to see or would feel cheated if they didn't see them. I can imagine that SGS has a similar feeling about the depiction of Rachel's fragile mental state - because S1 began where it did, we didn't see Rachel's build-up to the "Satan's asshole" meltdown, and we didn't see the recovery and rebuilding that followed. It feels like SGS has decided that some of the scenes she herself wants to see are of a true breakdown and rebuilding arc for Rachel, so I think that might dominate the rest of this season and the beginning of next? I don't know that this season will necessarily end with Darius picking someone, or that next season will necessarily start over with a new suitor. Now whether it's what we as viewers want to see is a different question; I probably would have been more inclined to vote for letting Rachel's original breakdown do its work of establishing her deference to Quinn and her need to rebuild, but I didn't necessarily need to see her go through an entire cycle of it and might have (at the risk of sounding shallow) just preferred s2 to do again what s1 had done but with different players and drama. It seems early for SGS to have gotten bored with her original concept, and we're not talking 22-episode seasons here.

Very intrigued by the idea Adam would gravitate to Hot Rachel! But I still want to know why she wanted Jeremy's keys, dammit. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dixiecricket said:

In all of the spoiler interviews, everyone seems to remark how they aren't sure how/where you pick up after S2 finale.

Is it too farfetched to think that S1 didn't exist either?

There also could be a time jump where the rest of the Darius season plays out without us seeing it while Rachel is recovering and we just get a hint of what happened (surprise: Ruby came back but he still picked Tiffany and now they're married and got a co-hosting gig doing commentary together!) Quinn and Rachel have both left Everlasting behind and are starting a new show; Rachel convinced herself she imagined Jeremy was more dangerous than he was then boom! he returns in a sudden and violent way, cliffhanger, the end. Alright now I'm spiraling - will step away from the keyboard!

• Love 1
(edited)

SGS has said in various interviews that she plans on sticking in the Everlasting world. She likes the format but may only change the suitor to a female. 

I like the dream idea. It gives the show an out and allows them to redo season 2 all over again. 

We better find out about those keys before the season is over. I hate when shows do something and then just forget about it like it never happened. 

Someone on another website said they thought Yael might be doing an exposé. 

I feel like I am being set up to be let down.

only 4 more episodes left. This season is flying by.

Edited by earlbny

IMO, it's pretty clear Yael has some kind of agenda outside of winning whether it's an expose or not. And I'm reasonably certain that whatever Yael is up to is at least connected to what will be jaw dropping. Also, I'm willing to be proven wrong but unless Ruby comes back somehow, isn't it obvious that Tiffany is winning? None of the others have had any real time with Darius. 

I'm not sure Adam will go after Yael IMO it's easy to confuse Yael and Rachel in the quick cutting of the promo. I think Adam's scruffy look means that he stole Rachel's "African AIDS baby" idea.

I don't think this show would do a dream season, even a dream episode strikes me as unlikely. Overall, while I've had a couple problems (Fake Mom, I'm looking at you), I don't think this season needs to be excised.

I don't think they'd wipe out an entire season. I do think we will get a rewind on that last scene between Rachel and Coleman and see it from Coleman's POV. Or without him in the room at all. Especially keeping in mind the type of sex they were having - Rachel's body positioning on the couch would remain relatively the same if she were imagining that exchange while pleasuring herself.

Given Rachel's unreliable grip on reality, I think it will be important that she deleted the photos (which is what she was doing when Coleman 'allegedly' entered the room; maybe confronting the evidence is what sent her into the Coleman fantasy). I think there might come a time when she is trying to convince herself Jeremy's aggression did or didn't happen, and she will no longer have the proof.

We know that Yael has the keys to Jeremy's truck AND she is privy to the detail that Jeremy shot up Rachel's photo. Maybe those details (keys to truck + knowledge of where a gun might be) will become important later when a need for a gun develops, and Yael knows where one might be, and has access to the space. (A partially shaky theory - seems like Jeremy would have taken his gun with him.) 

• Love 1