Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: Nothing in Here but the FBI's Most Unwanted

This is the place to safely confess the X-files related opinions you've found in your experience to be unpopular or just plain odd :) A few to get us started: 

1) Heaven help me, but I really like S7 a lot. 

2) While I do really like Bad Blood, it's not among my top five episodes of the series like it is for, say, pretty much every other fan on the planet :) I'm not even sure it's in my top 10! 

3) Season 2 may be my very favorite season, or at least the one to which I'm most attached. 

4) I actually don't enjoy Season 4 much at all---though Small Potatoes is one of a few notable exceptions.   

5) I realize that nine (or even more than three!) seasons of standalone episodes with little to no mytharc would have gotten incredibly monotonous, but I almost ALWAYS prefer the standalones to the mytharc episodes---even back before the mytharc grew maddeningly convoluted :)  

6) I don't love Jose Chung's from Outer Space. I generally LOVE the more meta, humorous episodes of this and other genre shows, but somehow Jose Chung just doesn't quite work for me as well as it does for everyone else. 

7) A lot of people (understandably!) talk about Mulder and Scully realizing they have feelings for each other in S5 or maybe as early as S4, but I honestly saw it as early as S2...maybe even S1! I get that they weren't ready to act on it yet, but I honestly thought the feelings were there---on both sides---from pretty much the beginning. 

• Love 2

I agree about 7)! Only thing I disagree with is Chris's point of view that it always was a romance. NO it was not. She was sent there to spy on him. And that's why it was so fun, in regards to how it turned out.

• Love 2

I'm right there with you on #6. I've heard a lot of people say that Jose Chung's is the best episode of the entire series, and I don't understand that at all. I like season 7 a lot, too. 

1. I liked the second movie. 

2. I'm fine with Mulder and Scully being a couple, but I don't want to watch them have sex.

3. I don't dislike Skinner, but I'm not particularly invested in him. I feel the same way about Scully's mom.

4. I don't know if this unpopular or not, but I really like Agent Pendrell.

5. I like most of the religious episodes in the show. Scully's often more vulnerable in those episodes, and it's interesting to see, since she's usually so stoic.

• Love 2

I'm right there with you on #6. I've heard a lot of people say that Jose Chung's is the best episode of the entire series, and I don't understand that at all. I like season 7 a lot, too. 

1. I liked the second movie. 

2. I'm fine with Mulder and Scully being a couple, but I don't want to watch them have sex.

3. I don't dislike Skinner, but I'm not particularly invested in him. I feel the same way about Scully's mom.

4. I don't know if this unpopular or not, but I really like Agent Pendrell.

5. I like most of the religious episodes in the show. Scully's often more vulnerable in those episodes, and it's interesting to see, since she's usually so stoic.

I did too!

Lmbo XD. That made me laugh a bit. But tbh, I don't either. I wouldn't turn it down though, but I don't need to see that.

• Love 2

- I wasn't crazy about Jose Chung. It was fun but I haven't rewatched it for years, unlike a lot of other episodes.

- I prefer the standalones than the mytharc episodes.

- I could not care less about William, or that Scully was "barren". In fact, I cringed every time she said those words.

- I liked Musings of a Cigarette-Smoking Man - felt bad for CSM everytime his manuscript was rejected.

- Got tired of Mulder's obsession with his sister.

- Thought it was unlikely that Mulder would be right about his crazy theories Every. Single. Time. Scully was correct maybe twice in the whole series. But then didn't think it was correct that Scully - even after years of working with Always!Right Mulder, she would still doubt him and still think him wrong. Foreplay perhaps?

• Love 3
(edited)
She was sent there to spy on him. And that's why it was so fun, in regards to how it turned out.

Exactly :) 

I can't believe I'm not alone on this one! I just love some of the episodes so much more than I expected to, and somehow the overall tone and energy really works for me. 

I like most of the religious episodes in the show. Scully's often more vulnerable in those episodes, and it's interesting to see, since she's usually so stoic.

I feel the exact same way. I actually think the show was often at its most insightful/poignant/generally effective when dealing with issues of faith and spirituality...I even love the episodes that tackle cults :) 

I prefer the standalones than the mytharc episodes.

- I could not care less about William, or that Scully was "barren". In fact, I cringed every time she said those words.

- Got tired of Mulder's obsession with his sister.

- Thought it was unlikely that Mulder would be right about his crazy theories Every. Single. Time. Scully was correct maybe twice in the whole series. But then didn't think it was correct that Scully - even after years of working with Always!Right Mulder, she would still doubt him and still think him wrong. Foreplay perhaps?

Ha---love the foreplay theory, and I agree with pretty much all of the above :) 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 2

My people!  Seriously, all this time I've thought I was pretty much the only one that doesn't love JCFOS.  It has funny moments, sure, but overall I borderline hate it.

Season 7 is actually one of my overall favorite seasons.  I need to respond in the best/worst thread, I just haven't had time to sit down and do it yet.

Oh and I like the "religious" episodes too.  In fact, that aspect of TFWID is what keeps me from hating that episode like most do.  I detest the soulmate stuff, don't get me wrong, but cults fascinate me in general and I really loved some of the insights about M/S we got from Mulder's hypnosis session.

• Love 3

I'm doing a slow rewach, hoping I'm done with it by January and just watched Jose Chung. I thought I'm alone in not really liking it and I still don't.

I like Scully's conversation with the author that's it. Overall, I thought it was unfunny, overplayed, self indulgent, and rather lame.

Other unpopular opinions:

I don't think David Duchovny is hot, never did.

I don't care one way or another whether Mulder and Scully are a couple or not. If they are friends, fine, if they sleep together, fine, friends with benefits, fine. Their character's chemistry can work with anything, so I really have no investment one way or another. I really hope that whether they sleep together or not is not going to be a huge issue in the reboot. I love their relationship, I don't care what it is. Having said that, I don't want a sex scene. Somehow that feels wrong to the spirit of the show.

• Love 2

Lol yea it does. Making out wouldn't imo though ;). But like I said before, IF it does head there I wouldn't be against it. It would be rather weird though XD.

As for unpopular opinions... I can't stand any of the religious episodes! They could seem rather preachy sometimes. And the whole 'Jesus Mulder and William is a savior' thing honestly creeped me out >_<. Me NO like.

M & S being married. One heck of a dill pickle there. Count me in as one who doesn't think they need to be married, BUT if they did... I wouldn't be against it. Remember Scully's Catholic, so maybe that will play in if it does come to pass. And maybe something came up in the past 7 years that leads up to a situation like it.

Totally agree on this one. I thought I hated the whole Emily storyline until William came along. Then I learned the true meaning of hate.

Some of my UOs:

- the Diana storyline actually had some great potential, though it never lived up to it

- Bill Scully Jr was not that bad

- I sorta like First Person Shooter

- Scully singing Joy to the World gives me 2nd hand embarrassment

- Byers is lame

- And, tangentially, The Lone Gunmen spinoff was actually very entertaining

I guess not liking JCFOS is not an unpopular opinion around here. I don't really like it either. 

I didn't hate seasons 8 and 9, except for the William debacle and the dearest Dana crap. I liked Doggett.

I also hated every time Scully described herself as barren. She is a medical professional. It's infertile, not barren. 

• Love 3

Of the opinions listed so far, these are the ones I share:

- Preferring MOTW to mytharc

- Not caring a whit about William

- Loathing hearing Scully referred to as barren

- Hating the religious-themed episodes

- Finding it ridiculous how often Mulder's bizarre theory was correct

- The Diana storyline could have - and should have - been a good thing

However, it's interesting seeing these listed as unpopular opinions, since they're shared by all of my friends who are fans of the show and I've seen numerous people online express them as well.  I'm trying to think of an XF opinion I hold that I've never heard expressed by more than a few other people either in real life or online, and I can't come up with one.

Oh, maybe that I think the reaction to Mulder's "Large Marge" scenario in Bad Blood is Scully cringing, not Gillian covering up a break in character?  Those two break character to laugh at stuff quite a bit, as almost all actors do; if that's what happened here, they'd simply use another take as per usual.

Or that I find that line terrible to begin with, a black mark on my all-time favorite episode that I find perfection in every other way.

The discussion in the Media Thread reminded me that Small Potatoes gives me a bad taste. IMO, those women were raped without their knowledge and then became pregnant from it. I'm not sure if the term rape can be applied but even so, it all makes me rather sick.

• Love 1

Oh, it was definitely rape; the women did not consent, due to fraud.  Scully called it out, and entered him into the sexual offender database.  Unlike PMP, this episode acknowledges its villain for what he is.

But, yes, rather jarring for such a crime to exist within such a lighthearted episode.  I feel like I should hate myself for loving it as I do.

• Love 2

Oh, it was definitely rape; the women did not consent, due to fraud.  Scully called it out, and entered him into the sexual offender database.  Unlike PMP, this episode acknowledges its villain for what he is.

But, yes, rather jarring for such a crime to exist within such a lighthearted episode.  I feel like I should hate myself for loving it as I do.

Exactly. The guy was using his morphing ability to take advantage of women. That is a NO NO. So I'm glad that Small Potatoes acknowledges this, if it didn't, I wouldn't like the episode.

I think the problem I have with this episode is that except for Scully's mention, the whole thing is played for laughs and Scully would have been next it hadn't been for Mulder busting in. Everything is funny, the tails, the chase, him trying to charm Scully.....just ugh.

So, the topic within that funny episode is way too jarring for me, so I can't really enjoy it.

I see why people like it, it's well written and acted but it's just not for me.

• Love 1
(edited)

How could the Diana story line ever been a good thing? I'm honestly curious on it. Never liked it myself.

Weird; I never saw this post until today.  Anyway ...

Because her murky motivations are the things of a storyteller's wet dream, especially when every other recurring character is clearly on one side or the other.  It provides an opportunity to explore something new for Scully, in her reaction to someone wanting to usurp her position in the XF division, when everyone else has pitied her for holding it.  And Diana came along at a time when Mulder needed to be hit in the face with what he tended to remember only in a fit of desperation: what he needed was not someone who agreed without challenge, but someone who made him work for it.  That, with someone else, he'd never have come so far.

It's probable that Mulder seemed like even more of an ass than he actually was then because of what an ass DD was at the time, but the fact remains Mulder could be hard to take.  Aside from being an interesting character in her own right, Diana could have been the catalyst for a natural transition into Mulder finally treating The Quest like something that was his and Scully's equally.  All the time, not just when he was afraid of losing her.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1

I changed the title of this thread to something a bit more...us. Gotta have a fun title. *grin*

The quote is Mulder's from the pilot episode, but a bit tweaked. The original quote is "Sorry, nobody down here but the FBI's most unwanted."

Let me know if anyone objects or can think of a better line. And thanks to amensisterfriend for creating this awesome thread!

• Love 4

I decided to watch the entire show again before watching the new season 10. I didn't remember Scully being so weepy and first crush over Mulder. I think Doggett and Scully would have been a good couple and jerkish Uncle Mulder could drop by for a visit sometime. Scully was always so worried about Mulder's safety but you leave baby William in the same apartment that every bad guy knows the location of with your unarmed Mom.

• Love 1

I absolutely despise the concept of Mulder and Scully at any time as a romantic or sexual couple. I liked the idea that they were platonic colleagues. The miracle baby William was one of the most ridiculous story lines -- and that's saying a lot for this show.

I didn't really like the end scene in Babylon. It felt fake and shallow to me some how (porch scene aside). Especially after reading about what CC thought of it... a 'thawing of the relationship'. I thought it was already thawed by then. Home Again and Were-Monster showed some of it and at least in those eps it seemed more genuine.

Same goes with the end scene in IWTB and the bed scene (don't mind the puffy coated bee talking in the background). I loved the latter especially, my stomach does flip flops while watching it.

Babylon end scene 1 -- didn't mind the first part of this.

Babylon end scene 2 -- maybe it was just the lighting... but Scully seemed a bit off here look wise. And the song getting louder and louder through the scene was just distracting (not to mention it seemed like lip service to the shippers (here's a little something to make you happy)). Put me off of the scene a bit. The dialogue was ok, but I think it was part of the issue I had with the scene as well.

I also didn't like Founders Mutation, in regards to M & S's interactions. I felt no connection or chemistry at all between them during it. It could have been just another episode of CSI. The only bits I liked were the case itself and the William dreams that they had.

I don't care all too much whether Mulder and Scully are sleeping together or not. I do care that their relationship and its progression is portrayed in a way that feels true to both characters and the passage of time. I think this miniseries or whatever it is called accomplished that.

The rest of the plot, meh.

During the original run, it made sense that they hooked up eventually but I didn't really care much about it one way or another. I felt natural and it was played that way from season 7 in my opinion. It also spoke of a certain self-awareness of the oddity of their relationship in The Rain King when Mulder claims to give relationship advice to Holman and Scully goes: "the blind leading the blind." So much said in those few words.

So, I don't have a problem since DD and GA played it that way and it worked for me. I don't really care what CC said or didn't say.

To me, it really doesn't matter all that much if they had sex or not. It makes sense as it was played eventually but if they hadn't, I think that would have been ok too.

• Love 2

After watching season 10:

- Home Again and Founder's Mutation > MASMTWM.  MASMTWM wasn't bad, but it felt like a tonal successor to Jose Chung's, and I'm a Clyde Bruckman person.

- Babylon > My Struggle and My Struggle II. At this point I have no faith in the mythology.

I don't care all too much whether Mulder and Scully are sleeping together or not. I do care that their relationship and its progression is portrayed in a way that feels true to both characters and the passage of time. I think this miniseries or whatever it is called accomplished that.

The rest of the plot, meh.

During the original run, it made sense that they hooked up eventually but I didn't really care much about it one way or another. I felt natural and it was played that way from season 7 in my opinion. It also spoke of a certain self-awareness of the oddity of their relationship in The Rain King when Mulder claims to give relationship advice to Holman and Scully goes: "the blind leading the blind." So much said in those few words.

So, I don't have a problem since DD and GA played it that way and it worked for me. I don't really care what CC said or didn't say.

To me, it really doesn't matter all that much if they had sex or not. It makes sense as it was played eventually but if they hadn't, I think that would have been ok too.

I'm in the middle on that. I think it did, with every writer BUT Chris. His writing just left me underwhelmed to say the least. Didn't like it all that well.

How did you feel that it felt true with the characters? I think it might have felt more so to me if it wasn't so glossed over. It just made it feel cheap, shallow and just another plot device to bring back the drama. 

I'm also of the idea I enjoy Mulder and Scully more as platonic partners who would still risk their lives for each other and cared about each other's well being. It helped the story to focus on them solving their cases and. I loved their cheeky banter with each other. Once they began heading into more outward admissions and actions of romantic love, it changed their characters a bit. (Or a lot, in the case of Scully, she wasn't as stoic and emotionally strong as I preferred her in the early seasons)

However, on rewatch, I will say I love seeing the signs of concern for each other's well being when they look at each other. (Or things like swaying together to the music at the dance while talking in "Rain King".). And I actually do ship them in fan fiction, just not in show canon.

I'm also of the idea I enjoy Mulder and Scully more as platonic partners who would still risk their lives for each other and cared about each other's well being. It helped the story to focus on them solving their cases and. I loved their cheeky banter with each other. Once they began heading into more outward admissions and actions of romantic love, it changed their characters a bit. (Or a lot, in the case of Scully, she wasn't as stoic and emotionally strong as I preferred her in the early seasons)

However, on rewatch, I will say I love seeing the signs of concern for each other's well being when they look at each other. (Or things like swaying together to the music at the dance while talking in "Rain King".). And I actually do ship them in fan fiction, just not in show canon.

Maybe back in the day, I'd be ok with it. If they hadn't gone down the romantic route. But they did. So there's no turning back there in my opinion. The genie has been let out of the bottle. To try to go back to where they were before seems fake to me. To try to replicate what had come before doesn't usually work.

I wish them well in doing so, but if that's the route they want to take... they can have it. I've been there, done that and have the t shirt. I just want things to move forward. To let them grow and change. Where they're at now is just stagnation in my opinion.

Ah. I ship them in show canon (with some exceptions) and in fan fiction.

- Home Again and Founder's Mutation > MASMTWM.

Omg, it took me forever to realize what MASMTWM meant.

I was a total shipper. However, the William storyline was a complete waste of time. Still is.

Completely agree. Never cared, never rewatch William-centric episodes (for the record, dislike Samantha-centric also), and also think it's a waste of time.

Leave William alone. He's probably living a nice life with his adopted family, don't drag him into this mess!!

• Love 1

Completely agree. Never cared, never rewatch William-centric episodes (for the record, dislike Samantha-centric also), and also think it's a waste of time.

Leave William alone. He's probably living a nice life with his adopted family, don't drag him into this mess!!

Problem is... he got dragged in! Mulder needs his stem cells! So unless they're stored somewhere, they're going to have to find him some how.

Problem is... he got dragged in! Mulder needs his stem cells! So unless they're stored somewhere, they're going to have to find him some how.

Yeah, but what makes me laugh is the assumption that William would voluntarily donote his stem cells to - let's face it - a complete stranger.

Right now, stem cells come from mostly two sources: bone marrow (painful!), or brain (ouch!). Maybe other locations but would those cells be useful to save Mulder.

I can see the conversation now..."William, my darling William. I am your long-lost mother. This is your long-lost father, who just happens to be dying and we need to stick a big needle into your hip/brain and save his life!!"

• Love 1

Yeah, but what makes me laugh is the assumption that William would voluntarily donote his stem cells to - let's face it - a complete stranger.

Right now, stem cells come from mostly two sources: bone marrow (painful!), or brain (ouch!). Maybe other locations but would those cells be useful to save Mulder.

I can see the conversation now..."William, my darling William. I am your long-lost mother. This is your long-lost father, who just happens to be dying and we need to stick a big needle into your hip/brain and save his life!!"

Yea I can see what you mean there. It would definitely be one tough conversation.

I'm thinking he'll be on that ship. Then they can just cut to the chase.

Yea I can see what you mean there. It would definitely be one tough conversation.

I'm thinking he'll be on that ship. Then they can just cut to the chase.

I think most of us assume he IS on that ship, and I will say, if he was, that would be pretty awesome actually. Not that I care about the reuniting of the Scully-Mulder family, but their long-lost son shows up in an alien vessel, just at the right time??

I'm pretty confident we're getting a season 11, so yeah...its gonna be interesting. I want to see him show up in his Federation uniform, tricorder in hand, and diagnose and cure Mulder. Hee.

I think most of us assume he IS on that ship, and I will say, if he was, that would be pretty awesome actually. Not that I care about the reuniting of the Scully-Mulder family, but their long-lost son shows up in an alien vessel, just at the right time??

I'm pretty confident we're getting a season 11, so yeah...its gonna be interesting. I want to see him show up in his Federation uniform, tricorder in hand, and diagnose and cure Mulder. Hee.

Yep. Just hoping that there's less CC involved in it.

Now that would be funny lol.

• Love 1

Heh, sorry :p

Always thought the William storyline was kind of weird, but I liked the way 1013 incorporated it this season. The cute fantasy sequences worked on me.

• Love 3

Always thought the William storyline was kind of weird, but I liked the way 1013 incorporated it this season. The cute fantasy sequences worked on me.

They did for me too. I thought it was the strong points of FM.

A wee bit OT... just saw that AT&T Uverse is offering IWTB free via their On Demand. So for anyone who wants to forget s10, here's one way to do that!

• Love 1

I had bailed on season 8 and 9, so missed the William story line at the time, but conceptually, I have no problem with it. The X-Files always presented a funhouse mirror version of the challenges of every day life, and the questions that Scully had about maintaining a demanding career while also wanting to explore motherhood make sense to me.  Plus, now that I am older, I can see the absolute horror of Scully's reproductive choices being taken away from her, and that she would want to defy those who took those choices away from her.  Finally, beyond that, the idea that she would want to share a child with Mulder, who she loves more than anyone, makes perfect sense to me. 

I get why - at the time - the decision to give the baby up for adoption seemed like a cop out.  Having gone through so much pain to bring the child into the world, it seems strange that Scully would give the baby up, so I can understand the frustration around that.  But I really like the way it was handled in both IWTB and season 10. Of course, given who Mulder and Scully are, they are going to feel the loss of their child, and of course, that is going to inform their behavior.  (I kind of wish, though, that they had spent a little more time examining Mulder's feelings about it. We know Scully feels a lot of guilt, but beyond Founder's Mutation, we didn't get to see how Mulder feels about it and given the fact that this is a guy who spent so many years looking for his sister, I feel like there is more to understanding his loss). So on the whole, I am not with those who dislike the William story line.

I don't think William is on the ship. It seems a little obvious, and a little too deus ex machina, even for Chris Carter. I do think, though, that he has very specific ideas on reintroducing William, though.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine

I had bailed on season 8 and 9, so missed the William story line at the time, but conceptually, I have no problem with it. The X-Files always presented a funhouse mirror version of the challenges of every day life, and the questions that Scully had about maintaining a demanding career while also wanting to explore motherhood make sense to me.  Plus, now that I am older, I can see the absolute horror of Scully's reproductive choices being taken away from her, and that she would want to defy those who took those choices away from her.  Finally, beyond that, the idea that she would want to share a child with Mulder, who she loves more than anyone, makes perfect sense to me. 

I get why - at the time - the decision to give the baby up for adoption seemed like a cop out.  Having gone through so much pain to bring the child into the world, it seems strange that Scully would give the baby up, so I can understand the frustration around that.  But I really like the way it was handled in both IWTB and season 10. Of course, given who Mulder and Scully are, they are going to feel the loss of their child, and of course, that is going to inform their behavior.  (I kind of wish, though, that they had spent a little more time examining Mulder's feelings about it. We know Scully feels a lot of guilt, but beyond Founder's Mutation, we didn't get to see how Mulder feels about it and given the fact that this is a guy who spent so many years looking for his sister, I feel like there is more to understanding his loss). So on the whole, I am not with those who dislike the William story line.

I don't think William is on the ship. It seems a little obvious, and a little too deus ex machina, even for Chris Carter. I do think, though, that he has very specific ideas on reintroducing William, though.

I agree with all of this.  I didn't bail on S8 and S9 when they aired---at least I didn't bail on S8 and S9 I watched selectively, depending on how prominently Scully (i.e. off-screen Mulder) was going to be featured. There are still a couple of MOTW from S9 that I've never seen and likely never will. 

At the time I wasn't totally put out by the Scully-being-pregnant storyline -- after all, that had been fairly well telegraphed starting in "Home", really, and in bits and pieces throughout the remainder of the series, most notably in "Christmas Carol" and "Emily", etc. In fact, I thought it had been so well developed that by the time it got to S9 and William was put up for adoption, it seemed like the worst writing decision ever.  And frankly, it still is.  The decision to get rid of William seems entirely bound up in David Duchovny's permanent exit from the show and the fact that they no longer knew how to write Scully, still inexplicably on the show, with William and continue to infer that off-screen Mulder's life is still always in danger. I suspect at the time they really did think they could milk even more seasons out of the show and William's presence was going to be a barrier and constant reminder that the more interesting character of Mulder was still off-screen while Doggett and Reyes with help from Scully ran the show. 

Fast forward and I agree wholeheartedly that both IWTB and S10 have handled the William storyline as well as they possibly could. They did manage to resurrect one of the worst errors of the original series and put a new spin and some polish on it.   And I think there are some very specific ideas in play as to how to bring William more into the foreground.  

But my unpopular opinion is that William better be willing to do this of his own volition---possibly because he's still got the spidey sense and knows something is going down---because the idea of M&S tracking William down because they need stem cells from him is really appalling in its own right. 

I tend to view William as less a realistic baby Scully simply gave up for adoption, and more a way of bringing tangible loss and separation into Mulder and Scully's relationship. Many couples who lose a child (whatever the means: accident, kidnapping, illness, etc.) can't figure out how to overcome that loss together and ultimately split up. That's where Mulder and Scully seem to me to be at the moment (a split that began in the second movie).

Rather than William being a savior, I wonder if he may be baddie and cause lots of trouble (and lots more crying for Scully) when he's finally located, on the ship or not.

Rather than William being a savior, I wonder if he may be baddie and cause lots of trouble (and lots more crying for Scully) when he's finally located, on the ship or not.

Wow, I didn't even think of William being bad. Twist! In fact, I think this would make the William storyline bearable for me. I haven't met this child yet in my rewatch and I didn't really know M&S had a kid til the revival, but the idea they gave birth to someone who would work against his own parents natures, (to serve and protect) could be interesting. Although you're right, it could kill Scully and that's the downside for me, since I love her.

Edited by Baby Button Eyes

Oh the UO thread is going again. Well, I have a few. I was going to wait till I had done my whole rewatch but I don't know when I'm going to get to finish. Allrighty then, I'm about to lay it out there.

1) I don't care when they call each other Dana and Fox. Like, I have zero fucks to give. (Decided to start out with a doozy)

2) I love Bad Blood. I do. But it's no Small Potatoes That one holds my heart.

3) Never Again is in my top five episodes. I LOVE it.

4) Did not give a shit about Samantha. She's starlight now? Great. Thank Thor it's over.

5) Jose Chung's From Outer Space; not that funny.

6) If I was Bill Scully I'd hate Mulder too.

7) I think Doggett was in love with Scully. If I was her I would have dumped ol' Spooky and ran off and raised my Jesus baby with that fine fine man.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 2

Wow, I didn't even think of William being bad. Twist! In fact, I think this would make the William storyline bearable for me. I haven't met this child yet in my rewatch and I didn't really know M&S had a kid til the revival, but the idea they gave birth to someone who would work against his own parents natures, (to serve and protect) could be interesting. Although you're right, it could kill Scully and that's the downside for me, since I love her.

I usually feel like...when in doubt, figure out the storyline that will cause Scully the maximum amount of emotional pain, and you'll probably be on the right track. Gillian cries so pretty that I get it, but I'd much rather she win.

• Love 1

WRT William, the show does spend a lot of time thinking about genes and nature vs. nurture. And that poor kid has some seriously compromised genes, so it could happen that he could be bad. It's not like the show has been afraid of showing bad kids before.

WRT Bill Jr. - my feeling is that it is totally understandable that he hates Mulder but he's still a jerk. In large part because his sister isn't a kid, she's made her own choices.

My biggest unpopular opinion?  I love Scully, but I still find Mulder the more fascinating character. What can I say, I have a thing for difficult men.

• Love 1