Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: SURly Viewers

• Start Topic

Serious question for the board, anyone have a NEW show they can recommend that’s similar to the OLD VPR? I found myself bored and disinterested through most of the season premiere, checking my phone a lot, and not interested enough to rewind and watch what I missed. I think I’m giving up on the show and would like something similar to the old show (young, single, ATTRACTIVE, bartenders hanging out, screwing around, and not really caring). The show seems too fake and scripted now, and I don’t really care about these people as 30-somethings marrying each other and still working in a bar/restaurant. 

Has anyone picked up a new show they like? Thanks for suggestions. 

• Love 1

@Stan39, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend any of these shows, but there have been several attempts to recapture that magic VR formula—-“What Happens at The Abbey” was the E! channel’s obvious copy in 2017. I never watched it but it must’ve sucked since it didn’t get a second season and almost any of the garbage on that channel seems to get picked up. Which brings me to the grossness that is E!’s “Very Cavilleri”, a shitshow I only watched because it’s filmed here in my city of Nashville—-somehow it got a second season, and it’s basically Kristen Cavilleri in the LVR role as she runs her shitty vanity boutique and oversees all her hired help/assistants. There’s one particularly thirsty bitch on there who essentially is doing the Stassi S1-S2 schtick.

And then there’s Lindsay Lohan’s upcoming reality show on MTV in January, “Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club.” I’m gonna hate watch that shit just so I can see what kind of slimy douches LL would hire to work in her club.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

@Stan39, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend any of these shows, but there have been several attempts to recapture that magic VR formula—-“What Happens at The Abbey” was the E! channel’s obvious copy in 2017. I never watched it but it must’ve sucked since it didn’t get a second season and almost any of the garbage on that channel seems to get picked up. Which brings me to the grossness that is E!’s “Very Cavilleri”, a shitshow I only watched because it’s filmed here in my city of Nashville—-somehow it got a second season, and it’s basically Kristen Cavilleri in the LVR role as she runs her shitty vanity boutique and oversees all her hired help/assistants. There’s one particularly thirsty bitch on there who essentially is doing the Stassi S1-S2 schtick.

And then there’s Lindsay Lohan’s upcoming reality show on MTV in January, “Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club.” I’m gonna hate watch that shit just so I can see what kind of slimy douches LL would hire to work in her club.

Haha. Thanks for the (very honest) opinions. I liked parts of Very Cavilleri, so we’ll see what happens next season. I also liked Music City on CMT. By the guy who made the Hills, but based in Nashville and about young people trying to make it in music. The first season was really good, everybody was nice to everyone and people are really trying to make careers (rather than it being setup for the show). 

• Love 2

Welp!  My bestie and I have booked a VPR trip to LA.  We are total homers, and we are good with that.  Neither of us have ever been to LA.  It was between this and a jersey Shore trip.  I honestly cannot wait!  Bring on the goat cheese balls and pumptini’s!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Have Taco Bell delivered (preferably before you sample the mediocre fare at SUR).  If you're hungover and receiving an IV cocktail in your hotel room, so much the better.

And if Jax is behind the bar, order a mojito (or any other muddled drink).

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Welp!  My bestie and I have booked a VPR trip to LA.  We are total homers, and we are good with that.  Neither of us have ever been to LA.  It was between this and a jersey Shore trip.  I honestly cannot wait!  Bring on the goat cheese balls and pumptini’s!!!

I've actually heard that the food at TomTom is actually good as opposed to the food at Villa Blanca, SUR, and Pump. I've heard that the drinks are better at TomTom too.

This is a little bit on the old side, but Jezebel has a decent review of all of the existing restaurants at that time.

https://jezebel.com/i-cant-get-over-how-bad-it-was-a-lisa-vanderpump-resta-1688222144

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Have Taco Bell delivered (preferably before you sample the mediocre fare at SUR).  If you're hungover and receiving an IV cocktail in your hotel room, so much the better.

And if Jax is behind the bar, order a mojito (or any other muddled drink).

Have the Taco Bell delivered to the SUR alley. Then if no one’s fighting back there, walk around the corner to TomTom and get one of those “chickpea foam” drinks. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Ya’ll crack me up!  I have never been to LA.  I’m sooooo excited!  Does anyone know is there a Bravolebrity Star tour of any kind?  Or, what star tour would you recommend?  I googled and the TMZ one looks kinda cool?

• Love 2

I hope that I am not violating any rules, but I wonder if I could ask you all a favor? My son has a youtube channel. He is in a contest for most subscribers. Do you suppose you could hit the red & white subscribe button?

If you google

The Purplest Dragon youtube

it should come up. He has 15 subscribers now. He has posted about 15 videos. There’s a cute hamster video. Thank you in advance for your help. Apologies in advance, if I annoyed you or broke a rule here. 

(I guess this is the equivalent of selling a daughter’s Girl Scout cookies at the office.)

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5
On 3/27/2019 at 8:56 PM, geauxaway said:

Just go into it thinking that LA is a traffic-ridden shithole and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when it is not that bad rather than going in expecting it to be the glittering gem portrayed in TV and movies and being disappointed when it isn't.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 3/27/2019 at 11:56 PM, geauxaway said:

Well how nice!! when does this take place and fer sure please please provide all your details here. So awesome!!!!Have the BEST time!!

and I really like your name.

• Love 6
On 3/29/2019 at 5:08 PM, mayvenne said:

S Well how nice!! when does this take place and fer sure please please provide all your details here. So awesome!!!!Have the BEST time!!

and I really like your name.

Sha @mayvenne!   We are going in the early fall.   

I will for sure report back!  

Also, last March when I went to Vegas for my nephew’s 21st, I insisted we go to the Taco Bell on the strip.  Because of VPR. He was lik yah ok!  Tacos✌🏼🌮

• Love 4

Well, y’all, the time is upon us.  I’m heading to L.A. (ugh it’s so hard for me personally to keep telling people I’m going to Los Angeles not Louisiana LA)!!! I’m soooo excited for this trip.  We have dinner reservations at SUR, but beside that the world is our oyster.  I have not been on a weekend like this away from my kid in over a year.  Time for mama to cut it up!!!!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Have a great time geauxaway! 

Are you going to go to Tom Tom also?

We are going to try!  And PUMP, too, if all goes as planned.  I actually googled “is it hard to get into Tom Tom,” which now that I think about it could have produced some odd results...but it sounds like it’s not impossible to get in and have a drink. Fingers crossed!!!

• Love 3

I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventure!

If you see Peter, tell him a substitute teacher thinks he's a kind man. He's been sharing teacher wish lists from Amazon on Twitter. 

And he has beautiful hair!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

We had dinner at SUR tonight.  It’s way smaller than I thought.  We had a fun time, the food was alright but I really wasn’t there for that anyway.  We met Max, Guillermo and Jeremy.  They were all super nice and gracious.  I talked to Max for a bit, he was working his ass off and stopped every time someone asked to take a pic with him.  I told him thank you so much I appreciate you and he said no no no it’s my pleasure.  Jeremy was tending bar at the main bar, he was a total sweetheart.  It was a nice time!

• Love 10
18 hours ago, geauxaway said:

We had dinner at SUR tonight.  It’s way smaller than I thought.  We had a fun time, the food was alright but I really wasn’t there for that anyway.  We met Max, Guillermo and Jeremy.  They were all super nice and gracious.  I talked to Max for a bit, he was working his ass off and stopped every time someone asked to take a pic with him.  I told him thank you so much I appreciate you and he said no no no it’s my pleasure.  Jeremy was tending bar at the main bar, he was a total sweetheart.  It was a nice time!

So cool! I made reservations at SUR for next month, but I’m not sure my friends are going to go for it 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, geauxaway said:

OMG OMG!!!  First day here, we rolled up to TOMTOM, got right in and both the Toms were there!!!!  We did shots with them and kissed under the kiss pic!!!!

18 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Yay!  I'm really glad you got to meet the Tom's!  Seeing the place would be exciting (for me....), but to go there and the guys be there too! I think I would squee just a bit.

How were the cocktails? The food?  The service?

Tell us EVERYTHING when you get back!

Happy Lisa Kudrow GIF by Friends

• Love 5
On 3/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Just go into it thinking that LA is a traffic-ridden shithole and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when it is not that bad rather than going in expecting it to be the glittering gem portrayed in TV and movies and being disappointed when it isn't.  

Perfect description and a good general rule of thumb for first time visitors to L.A.

• Love 3

When does the new season start? I know it's soon but not sure the day it will be aired on a weekly basis. Not sure about the new cast members.

Who is not on this show anymore that they needed to add new cast members?

On 11/8/2019 at 12:49 PM, chenoa333 said:

When does the new season start? I know it's soon but not sure the day it will be aired on a weekly basis. Not sure about the new cast members.

Who is not on this show anymore that they needed to add new cast members?

January 7, 2020.

• Love 1

Just because I like to snark about Bravo characters, this page must assume I’m a b- - - - and gives me links to “You won’t believe what Jaclyn Smith looks like today” and other such unflattering photos. I can mock Rachel and Peter but still be a nice person in real life!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ok I've officially gone off the deep end.  I didn't know where else to put this confession but I just asked a co-worker to take a shift for me (I don't work normal business hours) so I could watch the season finale live next Weds.  Of course I didn't tell her why. 

"Hi my name is Marigold66 and I'm a VPRholic"  Lol 🤦‍♀️  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold66 said:

Ok I've officially gone off the deep end.  I didn't know where else to put this confession but I just asked a co-worker to take a shift for me (I don't work normal business hours) so I could watch the season finale live next Weds.  Of course I didn't tell her why. 

No judgement here. We leave for vacation next Sunday ... so I'll be able to watch at least part 1 of the reunion. ( who knows how many parts it's going to need).. I was starting to panic but then when I realized I'll be here to see it, I breathed a sigh of relief. But I do think it's so phony and staged but yes I do watch it!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

How did I miss that when they "met" at Lake Havasu, The Don told Lala that he hangs out at The Abbey.

Something tells me there is more to this organic chance meeting than we were told...

And why wasn't the reunion held at The Abbey??? That seems to be the happening place this season...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 5/13/2023 at 8:09 PM, Marigold66 said:

You are not alone. I can't wait for it to be all over so I can get some work done!

• Love 2

A reddit poster, GuppyMilk, Reached out to both James & Tom Sandoval’s management for quotes.

Tom Sandoval & The Most Extras - $25,000 not including backline, hotel accommodations, sound, lights, and hospitality.

James Kennedy - starting at $40,000 - $50,000 range.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

A reddit poster, GuppyMilk, Reached out to both James & Tom Sandoval’s management for quotes.

Tom Sandoval & The Most Extras - $25,000 not including backline, hotel accommodations, sound, lights, and hospitality.

James Kennedy - starting at $40,000 - $50,000 range.

And what is Sandoval paying all those Plentiful Extras? Does Sandoval lose money every time he performs? Whose act loses more money, Sandoval or Erika Jayne’s ?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 1

I’ve enjoyed listening to this podcast, Deep Dive with Jamie Stein, who discusses reality tv and pop culture. He has discussed the Housewives and has entered Scandoval. He is an empath, intuitive and channel has business experience start-up and management, worked in the entertainment industry and in academia. Interesting conversations if you are into the energy part of life. 

He has done two specifically on rachel. I will put them in her thread.

The Role of "The Other Woman" on "Vanderpump Rules" (S4, EP4)   Explores the archetypal energy of "The Other Woman" as seen on Vanderpump Rules.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-role-of-the-other-woman-on-vanderpump-rules/id1562015854?i=1000614791250

The Vanderpump Rules Reunion (S4, EP 5)   Decompress the three-part Vanderpump Rules reunion and end up unpacking the arc of Tom Sandoval and Ariana Madix's nine-year relationship.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-vanderpump-rules-reunion-w-molly-durand-s4-ep-5/id1562015854?i=1000618159344

Scandoval! (S4,EP1)   Jamie and Piper convene for an emergency episode to explore the deeper energies of Tom Sandoval, Raquel Leviss, Ariana Madix and the enraged viewer reaction to the "Vanderpump Rules" scandal heard around the world.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/deep-dive-with-jamie-stein/id1562015854

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 6/28/2023 at 1:44 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

And what is Sandoval paying all those Plentiful Extras? Does Sandoval lose money every time he performs? Whose act loses more money, Sandoval or Erika Jayne’s ?

He is narcissistic enough to lose money. He might be thinking of the future, as well- that people will eventually forget.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I have a Facebook friend who is currently visiting her daughter who lives in LA - she just posted a pic of them at Schwartz & Sandy's and they ran into Tom Schwartz!  He posed for a pic with her and was wearing a ball cap and his glasses, but looks much slimmer in the face and torso than I remember him being last season!  Maybe his break from Sandy was healthy for him in other ways 😃

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 5/26/2023 at 10:22 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Kristen Doute podcast: Rachel sent a postcard to A & S’s house. It was a landscape with a storm and lightning bolts. She wrote, “I saw this and thought of you.”

How thoughtful😅  Wonder if the moron is still doing this after her stint at the "rehab" place?

• LOL 3