Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: SURly Viewers

• Start Topic

Vanderpump Rules follows the passionate, volatile and hot-and-bothered-staff at Lisa Vanderpump’s West Hollywood mainstay SUR. Lisa (from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills) balances her motherly instincts and shrewd business sense to keep control over this wild group of employees as they pursue their dreams and each other while working at her "Sexy, Unique Restaurant." Often seen on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, SUR has been the backdrop for many memorable moments, including the unexpected encounter between Brandi Glanville and Scheana Marie, a female server who famously had an affair with Brandi’s ex-husband.

I converted the show request into the Small Talk topic for the show -- a social topic and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new topics for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk topic jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Can I just say it must be hell on earth to be a diner at that joint? I hope there are enough sane staff to gather the psychos inone area and allow diners to choose a "sane, rational dining experience"  versus" reality show dramatics that might include shards of china flying." If any of those brats were in anything other than a TV show snowglobe, they would have been shitcanned a week into the first season.

I have just seen a blurb - on RHBH, I think, indicating that uber-bitch stassi WILL be back - the one thing that kept me willing to watch this train wreck was the hope that she was gone forever....I'll still watch at least the first installment, but if it's the same-ole crap I'm done...

There was news back on TWOP that they have started filming the next season. Stassi is a liar, of course she couldn't turn down Bravo's money. I just wonder how she will tie into this season since she (I guess) no longer works at Sur.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bricesander/which-vanderpump-rules-star-are-you-wn2y#.bq7b1n8lr

This quiz is so stupid. I got Katie!

You got: Katie Maloney
You don’t say a lot … unless you’ve had some tequila. You would rather have your BFF (cough, Stassi, cough) do all the dirty work and just reap the rewards.

That sounds nothing like me. I'm convinced I only got this answer because I picked Schwartz as my "Sur sidekick". 

• Love 1

You got: Kristen Doute
You don’t care all that much about other people’s feelings, but you care a lot about your own. And even though you’re good at making enemies, you hate having them.

You know, that does sound a lot like me in real life. I just don't have the extreme psycho stalker tendencies and obvious personality disorder.

• Love 2
You got: Scheana Marie

You’re a celebrity in your head, and you don’t mind exaggerating (or faking) an injury to stay in the spotlight. You’re no Stassi, but you can still deliver a one-liner.

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,  I was hoping to be Giggy.  Or the hostess stand.

• Love 3

I got Jax. I'm now going to drown myself in a bathtub full Listerine. (just kidding, but I do feel like I need to bathe. And read a book. And re-evaluate my whole entire life)

I was coming to post almost the same thing! I got Jax. I need to bathe and reconsider who I am. Oy.

• Love 2

Help, this show is taking over my life! I had not one, but TWO, dreams about people on this clusterfuck. 

First, I dreamed that I was Kristen (retch!) and my husband was Tom, and he had just "broken up" with me. He made ME leave our place, along with our three kids. I decided to go back the next day (not 6 months later, are you taking notes Kristen?) to try and talk things out....and when I walked into my house, Arianna was coming down the stairs in her jammies. I about lost my shit. The rest was blurry after that. But I made sure to give my husband a nice kick in his sleep, for daring to even look at that mousey brat. 

The other dream is even more blurry to me now, but all I can remember is that we were in France, where the shooters were holding people hostage. In my dream we were like in a hotel or something. (We sleep with the tv on, usually turned to news - since it doesn't go to infomercial in the middle of the night, and this story has been playing for hours.) So next thing I know there's a knock on our door, and Jax is on the other side! He says he's room service, and I'm all - "I didn't order any room service"...and I realize HE is the bad guy! 

Pure craziness. I might need to apply at SUR. 

• Love 2

Hey VPRers

I've seen a couple comparisons on other boards comparing VPR with Southern Comfort. So thoughts? Do you watch? Will it make me tingly with joy?

Do you mean Southern Charm? I love that show, but not quite as much as VPR. The snark factor is pretty fun, though.

Do you mean Southern Charm? I love that show, but not quite as much as VPR. The snark factor is pretty fun, though.

Oh yeah. I meant Southern Charm. Duh. That's what happens when you post upon waking...or are an incurable lush.

Thanks for the info, OnceSane and ExplainItAgain. I tried it briefly last year but didn't get hooked right away. I'll try again while reading the PTV board. That'll help.

• Love 1

I 100% endorse Southern Charm! It's just as good as VR--actually even better--with "classier" people who have even more drama! Last year I didn't watch it until the season was almost over. I went to watch one episode on On Demand before I went to bed, and I stayed up the entire night watching every episode! And this is coming from someone who falls asleep every night during the 10:00 show even when it's something I really like. I can't imagine how the second season could possibly be as good as the first, but I can't wait to find out!

• Love 2

I thought he looked like he had dropped a few pounds for the wedding as well.

Of course, compared to the manorexic-looking FI Tom and Schwartz, most guys would look heavier than they actually are.  

Same here, WQ.

I think we only have about 3-4 episodes left, including the reunion.

My Monday nights will be a wasteland of despair after that.  

I'll be bitchier than Kristen in a parking lot being told she's unmanageable and has fucked everyone at SUR when this season wraps up.

Will those smokes be 100s or shorts?  

No Persnickety. Southern Charm is airing soon. Its not VR levels of fuckery but it's up there.

• Love 2

I LOVE Southern Charm!!!  For some reason, those people are more endearing to me than these idiots....(must be the accent, LOL!!!)

Also just read that the Real Housewives of Melbourne are also going to be on again - and this season, the show will be aired at night, instead of on a weekend morning!! 

Seriously? Thank you, Bravo!

• Love 2

I'm going to desperately miss these chucklefucks and their crazy antics on my Monday nights as well, although *please* don't remotely compare them to the "Southern Charm" cast!!!

Yes, all those SC folks may be equally nutty in their own gentile ways, but the main stars on there are also extremely well-educated, well-bred and (somewhat) well-mannered members of rich Old Southern society families. Although just like on VR, they all like to get drunk to excess---they just have much better vocabularies and don't resort to physical violence to settle their arguments.

Why, I do declare, comparing the likes of those fine drunken Southerners to these uneducated drunken service industry buffoons is just giving me a case of the vapors! Pass my sweet tea and smelling salts!!

Although it'd be a hoot to imagine those two casts co-mingling. Something tells me the VR cast couldn't last a day melting in that thick Southern heat and trying to understand most of the articulation and literary quotations being used in such lovely accents.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 1

Agreed. Southern Charm's intelligence factor is WAY up from VPR. Those southern gals and guys know their vocab.

They also don't really scream at each other, well except Kathryn, but overall not like VR or the Howives. I noticed that even at the reunion they were generally pretty polite to one another (well except Kathryn). Must be a Southern Thing. My mom and aunts were all born and raised in the deep south. They can say Bless your heart so sweetly, but you absolutely know that what they mean is Fu@# You.

I think of SC as a classier, wealthier verison of VR, with way better homes, and Kathryin is a slightly saner version of Kristen. IMO.

I'm looking forward to it, but I will really miss this glorious train wreck. 

Oh yeah. I meant Southern Charm. Duh. That's what happens when you post upon waking...or are an incurable lush.

Thanks for the info, OnceSane and ExplainItAgain. I tried it briefly last year but didn't get hooked right away. I'll try again while reading the PTV board. That'll help.

I didn't get hooked right away either, it took a bit, but then I loved it. 

Edited by chlban

I'm not sure I get the comparison of Southern Charm to VR.  I thought the guys on SC are older & RICH.  OK, the 2 older ones are oddly like Jax, in that they seem aimless & irresponsible, but they're both RICH.  So that's a huge diff.  And there's a sorta cute aimless young guy, right?  And a bunch of unmemorable useless chicks, right?  But I thought they're all rich.  Eh, that show is just not as much fun as this one.

Oh I know this is NOT a reliable source in the least, but if even a smidge of this is true, I am so luving this-

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/02/16/stassi-schroeder-pummeled-vanderpump-rules-reunion-forms-alliance-kristen-doute/

• Love 1

I was never under the impression that those privileged Southern chucklefucks were any classier or better than anyone else. Guess I don't "get" the whole notion of Southern 'Charm'.

Four of the cast members are from very prominent, old-monied, historic Southern political families, all of the cast are graduates of highly-regarded universities/law-schools((one is even an Oxford graduate)), and the ones that aren't trust-fund playboys/aimless partygirls are all either professionally involved in politics, real estate, or law.

"Good family stock" is definitely still important in some of the wealthier Southern/Northern areas where the those famous local "old money" families are still respected.

These folks also exude enough manners/good-breeding to comfortably attend local charity functions and other elegant occasions without flashing tattoos, throwing liquor/punches/slaps at each other and dressing stylishly upscale enough to fit in with the rest of their upper-crust Charleston crowd. And Charleston is considered one of the wealthiest of the small Southern cities, so it does take serious money to live/play in the heart of that city.

Not to mention that Thomas Ravenell owns a townhouse downtown(which I believe he's since sold?) and a plantation outside of the city---so he's like the Lisa Vanderpump of this cast money-wise.

While they may act as buffoonish as the VR gang with their drunken antics at times, they still have the credentials, education and lineage to put them miles ahead of the trashy food service gang of VR "mactors" and failed LA showbiz wannabe's.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 2

I'm going to desperately miss these chucklefucks and their crazy antics on my Monday nights as well, although *please* don't remotely compare them to the "Southern Charm" cast!!!

Yes, all those SC folks may be equally nutty in their own gentile ways, but the main stars on there are also extremely well-educated, well-bred and (somewhat) well-mannered members of rich Old Southern society families. Although just like on VR, they all like to get drunk to excess---they just have much better vocabularies and don't resort to physical violence to settle their arguments.

Why, I do declare, comparing the likes of those fine drunken Southerners to these uneducated drunken service industry buffoons is just giving me a case of the vapors! Pass my sweet tea and smelling salts!!

Although it'd be a hoot to imagine those two casts co-mingling. Something tells me the VR cast couldn't last a day melting in that thick Southern heat and trying to understand most of the articulation and literary quotations being used in such lovely accents.

I beg your pardon, madame, but I reckon you may have forgotten how T-Rav threatened to hit Whitney at the Carolina Day party for daring to sully Katherine's good honor. They almost had a duel!

• Love 2

I beg your pardon, madame, but I reckon you may have forgotten how T-Rav threatened to hit Whitney at the Carolina Day party for daring to sully Katherine's good honor. They almost had a duel!

Well, I do declare! Indeed, kind sir, I do remember a rather over-served Thomas slurring something about delivering a "bitchslap" to Whitney. Goodness gracious, what would the family think of such things?

• Love 3

While they may act as buffoonish as the VR gang with their drunken antics at times, they still have the credentials, education and lineage to put them miles ahead of the trashy food service gang of VR "mactors" and failed LA showbiz wannabe's.

Buffoons with credentials, education and lineage are still buffoons, and impress me not one whit.

• Love 3

I now know how Sandoval felt about giving Kristen his dvr. Mine just died during a storm. Lightning struck the pole outside of my house. The resulting electrical overload fried my garage door opener, air conditioning, alarm system, dvd player, cable boxes, wireless router, and tivo. The tivo really hurts because I had so many episodes of Vanderpump Rules saved on it.

• Love 2
On 4/5/2014 at 10:04 PM, JennyDriscoll said:

Sadly there may not be a tremendous amount of interest in this show right now as they completed another season and are on hiatus.

On 2/12/2015 at 1:28 PM, ExplainItAgain said:

Southern Charm's intelligence factor is WAY up from VPR. Those southern gals and guys know their vocab.

On 2/12/2015 at 4:15 PM, JenE4 said:

I 100% endorse Southern Charm! It's just as good as VR--actually even better--with "classier" people who have even more drama! 

On 2/19/2015 at 9:59 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I’d never visited this thread before (that I can remember) and to see these posts gave me a laugh, just thinking about how things have turned out years later...

- VPR on its 6th season (filming #7)

- Originally thinking that the Southern Charm cast was at all classier—not anymore!

- And, the two casts are friends!

Pretty funny...

• Love 1