Type keyword(s) to search

One is the Loneliest Number: Unpopular GG Opinions

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

I honestly don't know if this is considered an unpopular opinion or not, but I HATED the entire Digger and Lorelai storyline. Everything about Jason creeped me out. At first I thought it was just that he was smarmy, but watching those episodes now, I just find him inherently creepy. Not creepy as in scary, but creepy as in a weird creep. I mean I will give him points for being more mature than Lorelai in that he didn't see the point in all the subterfuge when it came to telling her parents. But, that is the only pass he gets from me. 

Things about Jason that made him creepy (To me):

• Lorelai comes into his office to give him a piece of her mind about Emily's cancelled party and he spends the entire time hitting on her rather than listening to what she has to say.
  • Calling her umlauts during said conversation (I know she called him Digger, but that was a childhood nickname that came from his family. Umlauts was a gross nickname the boys at camp called her behind her back because Digger flipped the boat and her nipples were obvious afterwards.
  • Asking her out while she is talking about how hurt her mother was and how she lost her job because of his cancelling the party. I get that the Gilmores didn't tell him about the party, but the fact that he now knew about it and Lorelai was telling him how hurt Emily was and how it affected her, should have gotten more than an invitation to dinner. And yes, I hate that Lorelai even considered going out with him simply because it would piss off her parents (that's a Lorelai behavior that needs its own rant).
  • The fact that he has a super sweet guest room so the women who decide to have sex with him don't actually sleep with him. 
  • The creepiest thing though was after she broke up with him, he refused to accept that they were broken up. 

I get that ASP probably thought these were quirky things that would make him a good match for Lorelai, but I saw absolutely no chemistry between the two fo them and all of his "quirks" just made him way too creepy IMO.

Plus his weird, robotic dog.

• Love 1

I didn't find the guest room weird at all. I'm a super light sleeper. I love my husband, but if I could afford it, I'd have my own room to sleep in. I need very specific conditions to sleep. And his snoring, rolling over, etc.wakes me up quite often.

I actually like Jason the most out of Lorelai's boyfriends, after Luke.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Poor Cyrus. I wanted to scoop him up and give him a hug.  That turned me off of Jason right off the bat.

I never liked him. He was creepy, smarmy and condescending. The dog thing just sealed the deal.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 3

I didn’t mind that Jason had a guest room for Lorelai to sleep in. I actually lust after that room. And I get why he needed to sleep alone. 

What was problematic, to me, is that he sprang the room on her right after sex, when people are especially vulnerable. Here’s an idea, AS-P, if someone is self-aware of their own peccadilloes, make them also mature enough to discuss them with their intimate partners BEFORE they get intimate. 

I hated their whole first date, too. Lorelai can’t let go of the fact that they’re eating in a private room, Jason is too precious to eat at the bar. I didn’t like them as a couple, but at least they deserved each other. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

I hated their whole first date, too. Lorelai can’t let go of the fact that they’re eating in a private room, Jason is too precious to eat at the bar. I didn’t like them as a couple, but at least they deserved each other. 

I have to say that as much as I hate Jason, Lorelai behaved abysmally on their first date.  You don't crap all over the activity that your date has picked for you.  Exceptions are made if you are morally opposed to something, or vastly uncomfortable.  But, neither of those fit here.  You don't like the activity, you ask him out and pick the activity the next time.  It's beyond rude to complain and whine on a date.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, readster said:

Same could be said for Dean, when Luke found out that Jess was skipping school and had for months, you are really expecting us to believe that Dean didn't say to Rory along the lines of: "Jess, hasn't been in school." I also liked when the principal was telling Jess they knew he was skipping school and that they tried to contact him. I wanted to go: "What about Luke." He was hugely in the dark. Plus, I'm sure by that point word that Jess was at Walmart would have come up and someone could have gone to Walmart and seen that Jess was there at school. They acted like Jess's skipping wasn't important until it needed to be talked about. Even the Walmart manager told Luke: "Oh, he figured out someway to do the hours." Which makes me think, when Jess left Stars Hollow to be with Jimmy. I'm betting they just went: "Well, that kid was a bit of an ass. Great worker, but an ass. Oh well, ok Roll Back in Automotive!" I also think it was stupid of AS-P trying to get the spin off when they had filmed the episode and had 4 scripts and the studio said: "Can't do it, too expensive." AS-P wanted to keep pushing for months and when one of the studio execs threw a script in the trash, she finally got the picture. 

That's a good point there's no reason for Dean not to have said that. Why didn't he tell Rory Jess hadn't been in school? I love the Principal too. So he tells Jess but doesn't ever stop to think to contact Jess's guardian? On the off chance that Luke never answered the phone which seems weird since he lives where he works why didn't he walk across the street to Luke's and talk to him? We saw how close the school was to Luke's in the episode he watches Jess go to school. Yet not one of his teachers or principals walks over to talk to Luke? It makes no sense for no one to be telling Luke just as it makes no sense that Dean and Lane wouldn't have been talking about Jess always ditching school or any fights he had been in.  Or for Rory not to have realized Jess wasn't going to school. It does make her wanting to be an journalist even more funny. She had no idea that her boyfriend wasn't going to school? 

• Love 2

The creepiest thing about the guest room was the apparent time warp. Lorelai watched two movies, slept great, and took a long bath? All in 10 hours or so?

11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's a good point there's no reason for Dean not to have said that.

I really can't think of a good reason for Dean to tell Rory that Jess hasn't been in school.  He'll come off as looking like he's trying to make trouble, or an overly invested tattle-tale.  He wouldn't care if Jess graduated or not.  So, it's not like telling anyone would come from a place of caring.

11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

love the Principal too. So he tells Jess but doesn't ever stop to think to contact Jess's guardian?

I graduated at 17, so I honestly don't know the answer to this question.  If Jess is 18 and an adult, is the school allowed to talk to his guardian (who would probably not technically be his guardian anymore) about his grades or attendance?  I do know that colleges aren't allowed to, but that may be different.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I graduated at 17, so I honestly don't know the answer to this question.  If Jess is 18 and an adult, is the school allowed to talk to his guardian (who would probably not technically be his guardian anymore) about his grades or attendance?  I do know that colleges aren't allowed to, but that may be different.

Luke would have been contacted, when you have a student that is about to fail after taking a major dip due to skipping school or as Jess put it: "Mickey Mouse Stuff" where they are going to not graduate. Luke would have had several phone calls. Now, him not returning them or even if Jess was magically getting the messages and deleting them. It wasn't like Luke wasn't close by and the way they were making it sound. Jess probably was the only person who didn't graduate that year. Schools don't like it when a set of students don't graduate, their numbers drop and the state looks at that stuff. Now, sure it could be like 4 kids that don't graduate due to: having a kid, unforeseen circumstances, expulsion due to lighting up pot in the bathroom, ect. Then the records show to the state and unless it's a reoccurring situation and the parents/guardians are shown to be pretty straight forward people. Not having a parent passed out or high at home or the students are living in a car. The state then just goes; "Guess, it was a bad year." In this case and shows how rushed the writing was to get the spin off series. It was: "Jess didn't see the point of school until he found out he couldn't graduate, didn't like any other options from repeating to summer school. Pouted about it and then said screw it I'm going to go live with the father I barely know and I hope everyone dies." 

• Love 2

I remember decades ago when I turned 18, we were allowed to sign ourselves in and out of school, but our parents got a robocall that we missed one or more classes and they should talk to us about it.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Katy M said:

I have to say that as much as I hate Jason, Lorelai behaved abysmally on their first date.  You don't crap all over the activity that your date has picked for you.  Exceptions are made if you are morally opposed to something, or vastly uncomfortable.  But, neither of those fit here.  You don't like the activity, you ask him out and pick the activity the next time.  It's beyond rude to complain and whine on a date.  

Oh my gosh, YES! I hated the way she behaved on that date. She didn't stop to think that maybe Jason was trying to be romantic and get to know her better. No, she just wanted to be out among the action. Why? To be seen? Because she thought she'd be bored with Jason? Why not just go along and then ask to pick the date next time? 

Then he takes her somewhere SHE likes, a taco place, and she refuses to eat because he can't handle spicy foods. Plays the martyr. 

You're damned either way. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Poor Cyrus. I wanted to scoop him up and give him a hug.  That turned me off of Jason right off the bat.

OMG! I totally forgot about poor Cyrus. Yet another thing to dislike about Jason. 

23 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't find the guest room weird at all. I'm a super light sleeper. I love my husband, but if I could afford it, I'd have my own room to sleep in. I need very specific conditions to sleep. And his snoring, rolling over, etc.wakes me up quite often.

I get the whole light sleeper thing, I just found it creepy the way he presented it to her. They had just had sex and he is now telling her she can't sleep in his bed? Just weird and creepy, like Jason.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I get the whole light sleeper thing, I just found it creepy the way he presented it to her. They had just had sex and he is now telling her she can't sleep in his bed? Just weird and creepy, like Jason.

Yea, it definitely would have been better if he had told her beforehand. But I always felt like Jason was just sort of socially awkward and that's why he often came off creepy to others. 

• Love 3

To me, Jason exemplifies the 'stalking is romantic' trope that recurs far too often in TV and film - we see it over and over, and Jason is a classic example. He asks Lorelai out, she says no, he keeps asking her out until she relents and gives him what he wants. In fact, worse, he ignores her very clearly stated refusal and just carries on as if she'd said yes, like what she wants and what she says means nothing at all. He wears her down until she agrees to do what he wanted, i.e. date him. Then when she breaks up with him, he employs the same behaviour, confident that he will get his own way once more.  It isn't romantic. It is creepy, stalkerish behaviour that is far too often presented as normal, even as charming, and really shouldn't be.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Llywela said:

To me, Jason exemplifies the 'stalking is romantic' trope that recurs far too often in TV and film - we see it over and over, and Jason is a classic example. He asks Lorelai out, she says no, he keeps asking her out until she relents and gives him what he wants. In fact, worse, he ignores her very clearly stated refusal and just carries on as if she'd said yes, like what she wants and what she says means nothing at all. He wears her down until she agrees to do what he wanted, i.e. date him. Then when she breaks up with him, he employs the same behaviour, confident that he will get his own way once more.  It isn't romantic. It is creepy, stalkerish behaviour that is far too often presented as normal, even as charming, and really shouldn't be.

I agree, it's not like this is a 16 year old trying to ask the girl he likes out, who refuses for various reasons. That's the problem with TV shows like GG who have writers who don't know how to date in their adult lives than teen years. They think it's charming and cute, but if you look at it, people who do this in real life are just as you described. They got writing Jason confused with how they wrote Jess. Of course, with Jess it came off he was being an asshole about things, not a stalker or anything, but a high schooler who doesn't' get what he is doing is wrong, but it's a maturity thing. With Jason, he couldn't buy a clue on his behavior. Not able to sleep with in the same bed due to him being a light sleeper. Ok, happens, people talk about it all the time. However, you got someone who won't buy a clue, a zombie dog and then the fact his father was about to hand him a company and a job that he actually was good at, in fact very GOOD at and he's all: "No, sorry, don't want to be like you dad." The show wanted him both ways. To be smart and charming and he comes off with unable to buy a clue and other women would be calling their lawyer for a restraining order. 

• Love 6
On 8/4/2018 at 7:02 AM, Katy M said:

I actually don't like Jess, but you can't steal someone else's girlfriend, because they're not a possession.  Jess actually didn't really do anything underhanded.  

While I agree you can't steal someone, Jess was plenty meddling and underhanded.  Plus he never seemed to care about purposely creating situations where Dean would get angry and there would be a fight.  Not nice to Rory, never mind Dean.

Heck, even Luke gives Jess a lecture about not messing with them and their relationship anymore.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, stan4 said:

While I agree you can't steal someone, Jess was plenty meddling and underhanded.  Plus he never seemed to care about purposely creating situations where Dean would get angry and there would be a fight.  Not nice to Rory, never mind Dean.

Heck, even Luke gives Jess a lecture about not messing with them and their relationship anymore.

But the thing is Rory could have shut him down. She chose not to. He saw that, and therefore continued to pursue.  As long as Jess doesn't throw a first punch, it's up to Dean if he wants to engage physically, verbally, or not at all. I actually see Tristan as much worse than Jess in this regard, because Rory told him 7 million times she wasn't interested in her and he kept harassing her.  

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, stan4 said:

Jess liked to bait Dean because it was so easy.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Jess liked to bait Dean because it was so easy.

No doubt.  But he wouldn't have picked Dean if he wasn't Rory's boyfriend.

Either way, dick move.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

But the thing is Rory could have shut him down. She chose not to. He saw that, and therefore continued to pursue.  As long as Jess doesn't throw a first punch, it's up to Dean if he wants to engage physically, verbally, or not at all. I actually see Tristan as much worse than Jess in this regard, because Rory told him 7 million times she wasn't interested in her and he kept harassing her.  

Rory told Jess to quit making trouble to stir up Dean, and he didn't listen to that, either.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, stan4 said:

Rory told Jess to quit making trouble to stir up Dean, and he didn't listen to that, either.

If I had a boyfriend and there was some guy flirting with me and stirring up trouble for my bf, instead of just paying lip service to him telling him to stop, I would stop associating with him. Rory was sending him mixed messages all over the place. Actually, not really all that mixed.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Katy M said:

If I had a boyfriend and there was some guy flirting with me and stirring up trouble for my bf, instead of just paying lip service to him telling him to stop, I would stop associating with him. Rory was sending him mixed messages all over the place. Actually, not really all that mixed.

No doubt, she was a big part of the problem.

Partly bc she liked him but also partly bc she has this weirdo idea that they could be friends (when he was clearly not interested in just being friends).

• Love 3

Me too!  It was a very cute but mature look for her.  In that scene where she's watching Dean and Lindsey come out of the church after their wedding, she was almost breathtakingly pretty.

• Love 1

This is my first time contributing rather than just reading from afar, which I'm sure Lorelai would turn into a dirty joke about losing my posting virginity.  I'll try to keep this brief even though my natural instinct is to ramble like a Gilmore! 

I still love Luke Danes and I still love Lorelai. I still love them together and never doubted they're each other's "one" even when the writers were at their desperate, most creatively barren worse. I've read the criticisms of them as individuals and a couple and often think they're valid, but I love them anyway. They're my imperfectly perfect OTP/one true pairing. (I have a goddaughter who taught her "old" godmother - me-  about how people refer to their favorite relationships as OTPs now, so I'm using it here in hopes of making her proud!)

This same goddaughter would say "I just can't with Rory", and that's where I am now too. She's so much worse later on, but now that we know how she turned out, it's hard not to see how clearly her worst traits there all along, covered up by the show's whimsical charm and everyone's stubborn insistence that Rory is some sort of earthbound angel. Lorelai is more annoying, her flaws are more blatant and frequently exhibited and in your face, but my unpopular opinion is that Rory is a far worse person.

I hate Logan and his friends, and it's got nothing to do with the fact that they happened to be born into wealthy families. My closest friend was raised by a very wealthy family as well, and she's the loveliest person you'll ever come across. Although I guess you could argue that that wealth and privilege seems to have more heavily shaped Logan and his sycophants' personalities and behavior more than any other factor while my friend was never defined by her family's financial status. The point to the extent I have one is that I just can't stand Logan and the people in that asinine "secret society" (the one that everyone knows about), and I can't stand Rory when she's around them. There isn't a single scene of theirs that I find charming and entertaining. The class prank reminded me of something that happened to my friend in fifth grade, not college. Even the very popular jumping with umbrellas scene in You Jump I Jump Jack does nothing for me. I kind of wish Logan and Colin and the other arrogant, egocentric, perpetually drunk miscreants in their group had fallen to their deaths then and there, or at least be too injured to appear in any further episodes.

I agree with most of the criticisms of the revival, but I enjoyed it overall, and like a very few other people here, I truly loved Fall. The wedding immediately became one of my favorite Gilmore Girls scenes ever. You can guess from the above how I felt about Fall's Life and Death Brigade scenes and how much I hoped against hope they'd be arrested for trespassing, damaging private property, public drunkenness and whatever else (and these were fully grown men by then! Good lord!!!) But at least Rory took baby steps towards becoming a slightly better human being. I laughed when she's all "no, Logan, I can't be your mistress tucked away in one of your several houses because I have to be independent and do things on my own...by, um, writing rent free in my grandparents' all expenses paid mansion instead instead of getting a real job!" Oh, Rory. But at least she somewhat woke up to the fact that her current career path wasn't working (due 98% to her own entitlement and laziness, but okay) and that she no longer wanted to be Logan's mistress while he placates his unrealistically terrible family by marrying an heiress he has no respect for - and of course planning to keep cheating and doing whatever he wants anyway like the villain of a Regency romance novel. 

If I had to see Rory with anyone, it would be Jess, but Jess really has become too good for her. It's not that Jess is without flaws. He's still kind of a pretentious hipster and thinks he's uniquely qualified to tell other people what to do. But like others noted, Jess grew into a far better man while Rory became a worse and worse woman. And now we're supposed to be pleased at the implication that Jess may wait around for Rory to start acting even half her age and eventually help her raise Logan's baby? I hope Jess's friends urge him to leave Rory in the rearview mirror once and for all. I also haven't seen any signs that Rory is truly interested in him since the end of season 3. I had hopes in season 6, but then we found out that she used him, visiting him in Philadelphia just to get back at Logan. Have I mentioned that Rory is actually kind of a terrible person? And not just in the revival!  

I loved the conclusion of Emily's revival arc but thought some of the show's feeble jokes about her employees who speak other languages were gross. It bothered me even more than the pointlessly cruel fat shaming. But not as much as the interminable musical, which I'm still convinced was initially supposed to be cut to like 35 seconds before someone in the editor's room decided to play the cruelest of pranks on all GG viewers. 

I absolutely love Lane Kim. The unpopular part is that I enjoy her a lot more than Paris, who I appreciate more in smaller doses. Most of my favorite scenes are between Lorelai and Luke, Lorelai and Rory, and sometimes Luke and Jess, but Lane and Mrs. Kim's rank right up there in the pantheon of priceless Gilmore Girls moments.

There are a lot of individual things I dislike and even hate about Gilmore Girls, but in the end I still love it and consider it my favorite show.

Remember when I optimistically predicted I could make this post brief? I was younger and more naive then!

Edited by alwayshere
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, alwayshere said:

Most of my favorite scenes are between Lorelai and Luke, Lorelai and Rory, and sometimes Luke and Jess, but Lane and Mrs. Kim's rank right up there in the pantheon of priceless Gilmore Girls moments.

Definitely agree!

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

The Kim Girls did a lot more growing, as individuals and as mother and daughter, than did the Gilmore Girls. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Lane is my fave character.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

The Kim Girls did a lot more growing, as individuals and as mother and daughter, than did the Gilmore Girls. 

They really did. I loved watching them learn how to compromise and come together. Definitely the better mother-daughter story, IMO. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

They really did. I loved watching them learn how to compromise and come together. Definitely the better mother-daughter story, IMO. 

I love the fact that Mrs Kim was th reason Hep Alien didn’t break up in the end. It was her who arranged the tour for them and brought the four bandmates back together with their love of music. I just loved the full circle feel of it all. Mrs Kim kicked Lane out because of Lane’s love of music and being part of the band but in the end, she was actually the reason they didn’t all give up. I found it a really heartwarming moment. ?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I loved that happened and we got to watch it happen. It was so good to see them finally come together. Mrs. Lane keeping the band together, leaving the reception early so Lane could have the wedding reception she really wanted. And their spat over how Lane's kids would be raised and how it was resolved with Lorelai helping. I do wishing we had gotten there with Emily and Lorelai too.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, elang4 said:

I love the fact that Mrs Kim was th reason Hep Alien didn’t break up in the end. It was her who arranged the tour for them and brought the four bandmates back together with their love of music. I just loved the full circle feel of it all. Mrs Kim kicked Lane out because of Lane’s love of music and being part of the band but in the end, she was actually the reason they didn’t all give up. I found it a really heartwarming moment. ?

I love the ep where Mrs. Kim helped Zack with his song writing. She really grew so much.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I love the ep where Mrs. Kim helped Zack with his song writing. She really grew so much.

I always thought of it less as her growing (although she had to grow to accept the non-Korean boys) and more of it as no one gave her enough credit for having had experiences of her own (her own band, her own tour, getting the "knockers" joke, knowing the E string is flat, etc).

Edited by stan4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, stan4 said:

....no one gave her enough credit for having had experiences of her own (her own band, her own tour, getting the "knockers" joke, knowing the E string is flat, etc).

I agree with this.  Mrs. Kim did have some prejudices to overcome, but Lane built up much of what she would and would not be "allowed" to do in her own mind.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I agree with this.  Mrs. Kim did have some prejudices to overcome, but Lane built up much of what she would and would not be "allowed" to do in her own mind.

That was especially evident with Henry.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I agree, and it didn't help that Mrs. Kim didn't admit her own hiding from Lane's grandma. I think after that, Mrs. Kim realized she was like Lane she was not going to have her future grand children believe they had to "hide" who they want to be just to keep a parent happy. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, readster said:

I agree, and it didn't help that Mrs. Kim didn't admit her own hiding from Lane's grandma. I think after that, Mrs. Kim realized she was like Lane she was not going to have her future grand children believe they had to "hide" who they want to be just to keep a parent happy. 

Lane probably will break that family tradition although she probably wouldn't have thought about it until Lorelai said something. When she was fighting with her mom over the future of her kids Lane hadn't considered that her kids might like things that she doesn't like. It hadn't occurred to her that she might get kids who do want to go to church. I do love how Lane is certain that her kids wouldn't until Lorelai points out that Mrs. Kim didn't think she'd end up with a kid who loved rock. So hopefully now that Lane's aware of it she'll avoid it. It would be kind of funny if Lane's kids ended up like things that neither Lane or Mrs. Kim liked. Given that Lane's grandma was a Buddhist,  her mother a Seventh Day Adventist, and Lane's into rock it possible Steve and Kwan end up liking something completely different from their mom, grandma and great-grandma.

• Love 5

Given that Lane's grandma was a Buddhist,  her mother a Seventh Day Adventist, and Lane's into rock it possible Steve and Kwan end up liking something completely different from their mom, grandma and great-grandma.

Scientology?

• Love 5

Really unpopular opinion coming up: don't like luke at all! And he and lorelai were like Ross and Rachel. I liked him in season 1 but quickly soured on him. Just find him unbearable most of the time. Also, how is it that he never got arrested/sued except for the sockman incident? He physically threw out two paying customers out on their knees, he knocked over several cyclists and he sought out Chris to punch him plus the town square fisticuffs. Boy, was he à brute! 

• Love 6
On 10/4/2018 at 6:28 AM, Minu49 said:

Really unpopular opinion coming up: don't like luke at all! And he and lorelai were like Ross and Rachel. I liked him in season 1 but quickly soured on him. Just find him unbearable most of the time. Also, how is it that he never got arrested/sued except for the sockman incident? He physically threw out two paying customers out on their knees, he knocked over several cyclists and he sought out Chris to punch him plus the town square fisticuffs. Boy, was he à brute! 

You are right on all accounts. He also storms off like a child when he’s mad. But yet, I like him with a total understanding why some don’t. I guess it’s his softness towards the Gilmore Girls that gets me. Saying no to things but he does it anyway, especially if one of them is hurt; “you can pull link sausage out of me”. That’s why the last part of season 6 was the worst, it totally took that part of his character away.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FictionLover said:

That’s why the last part of season 6 was the worst, it totally took that part of his character away.

Lawd, those writers really hated that character in season 6.  It was downright sad.

And for every "brutish" thing he did, he did something equally sweet.  Helping Lorelai break the bells, honoring his dad, taking in Jess, agreeing to meet the Gilmores despite knowing how they'd treat him and being unfailingly polite to them, Thanksgiving dinner for the girlw, and many more including the "pull the sausage" bit.

• Love 6