Type keyword(s) to search

One is the Loneliest Number: Unpopular GG Opinions

• Start Topic

(edited)
37 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Lorelai was right. She was right about Jess. She was right about Gigi. She was right about Sookie at the LOTR party. Being right doesn't obligate you to inform everyone....multiple times...in a superior way. I always tell my kids, "sometimes it's better to be happy than to be right."

I know we all have different perspectives, but she DID seem rude to me in that scene. She sort of scoffed at his gift like he was a total idiot for picking that out. If you truly want to help, not just show how right you are, maybe take a less haughty tone. She came off that way every time, IMO. She likened Chris's daughter to a feral hyena! 

She could use a little more tact, if you ask me.

Luke is one of the rudest, most opinionated,  most tactless characters on the show.

Edited by stan4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Big time.  Plus she is prone to exaggeration like no other.

LORELAI: So, why are you running down the street yelling at me?
LUKE: I wasn't running. I was walking. I wasn't yelling. I was talking.

LORELAI: I said it like a million times.
LUKE: You said it four times, but I understand you’re embellishing for dramatic effects.

LORELAI: No, Luke – Jess did the hurting. That little punk nephew of yours almost killed my kid tonight.
LUKE: Look, I’m sure it was an accident. Accidents happen.

LORELAI: Hey, do you remember in Terms of Endearment, that scene where Shirley MacLaine is in the hospital and freaks out because they won’t give her daughter a shot? She got that from me and she toned it down a little. So, once again, I’m looking for my daughter, Rory Gilmore?

I wanted to smack her on a regular basis.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, stan4 said:

uke is one of the rudest, most opinionated,  most tactless characters on the show

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

She could use a little more tact, if you ask me

Hey, if we’re going to entertain ourselves with an exploration of the most rude and tactless characters on the show, we mustn’t exclude Paris and Emily.

Paris was so out of control she excluded herself from Harvard. Hard to do as a legacy.

And Emily. She saved most of her rudeness for Lorelai and her servants, but there should be a special rudeness entry for Emily’s answering machine messages to Lorelai. I will never accept how Emily thinks it’s ok to keep berating Lorelai on all of the etiquette that adult Lorelai clearly was never going to do. She should be ashamed because it was her job as parent to build those skills in her daughter. What the daughter does with them as an adult is up to the daughter.

Probably not for this thread, though. :( 

Edited by junienmomo
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Lorelai was right. She was right about Jess. She was right about Gigi. She was right about Sookie at the LOTR party. Being right doesn't obligate you to inform everyone....multiple times...in a superior way. I always tell my kids, "sometimes it's better to be happy than to be right."

I know we all have different perspectives, but she DID seem rude to me in that scene. She sort of scoffed at his gift like he was a total idiot for picking that out. If you truly want to help, not just show how right you are, maybe take a less haughty tone. She came off that way every time, IMO. She likened Chris's daughter to a feral hyena! 

In that scene, to me, she came off more like trying to joke about it while getting her message across. She didn't seem rude to me. More classic joking Lorelai.

6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Big time.  Plus she is prone to exaggeration like no other.

LORELAI: So, why are you running down the street yelling at me?
LUKE: I wasn't running. I was walking. I wasn't yelling. I was talking.

LORELAI: I said it like a million times.
LUKE: You said it four times, but I understand you’re embellishing for dramatic effects.

LORELAI: No, Luke – Jess did the hurting. That little punk nephew of yours almost killed my kid tonight.
LUKE: Look, I’m sure it was an accident. Accidents happen.

LORELAI: Hey, do you remember in Terms of Endearment, that scene where Shirley MacLaine is in the hospital and freaks out because they won’t give her daughter a shot? She got that from me and she toned it down a little. So, once again, I’m looking for my daughter, Rory Gilmore?

I wanted to smack her on a regular basis.

Same here. Apart from the accident episode where I think that she is the absolute worse, which brings back to the whole issue of the idolatry of Rory, I thought those examples are easily exaggerations we could all use. When in a fight we all have a tendency to exaggerate. And yes, she's dramatic, but that's not being rude. Luke however, I find him a bit rude in those examples. Again, apart from the accident where she was an ass.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Hey, if we’re going to entertain ourselves with an exploration of the most rude and tactless characters on the show, we mustn’t exclude Paris and Emily.

Totally agree.  Which is why I said "one of."

Emily was at the forefront of my mind.  Horrible woman.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, stan4 said:

Totally agree.  Which is why I said "one of."

Emily was at the forefront of my mind.  Horrible woman.

Oh I know, I said many times over the years on how Emily had anybody want to work for her. I know it was a reoccurring joke on the show. However, after Emily got sued by one of her maids (plus how Lorelai couldn't be serious when she was testifying). I would have loved it if we would have had several episodes where Emily had no maids. The fact that we had the same maid and the fact her entire family moved into the mansion during the revival was shocking. Basically it took Richard dying before Emily was: "You know what, I'm horrible to people, if I don't stop being bitchy, I'll be all alone." 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Probably not for this thread, though. :( 

Heavens no. I can't imagine anyone who would find that an unpopular opinion!

3 hours ago, marineg said:

Luke however, I find him a bit rude in those examples.

His responses were made in an even and tolerant tone.  And were reasonable responses to her exaggeration.  Not rude in the least.

27 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

His responses were made in an even and tolerant tone.  And were reasonable responses to her exaggeration.  Not rude in the least.

Lorelai's comments aren't exactly rude either.

42 minutes ago, readster said:

Oh I know, I said many times over the years on how Emily had anybody want to work for her. I know it was a reoccurring joke on the show. However, after Emily got sued by one of her maids (plus how Lorelai couldn't be serious when she was testifying). I would have loved it if we would have had several episodes where Emily had no maids. The fact that we had the same maid and the fact her entire family moved into the mansion during the revival was shocking. Basically it took Richard dying before Emily was: "You know what, I'm horrible to people, if I don't stop being bitchy, I'll be all alone." 

I hated Lorelai in that episode. I think more than being rude, it is that she has no recognition of the seriousness of situations. When your mom is being sued, you don't act that way. You do't say those things. Same when she is the subject of that magazine article and says awful things about Emily. Awful. The Jess/Rory accident and her behaviour towards Luke. Awful. Even when she met Jess. Awful. There are times when she behave like a know-it-all, like she had invented parenthood. So haughty, presumptuous and awful.

(about the accident... in addition to behaving horribly towards Luke, I hated her behaviour with Rory. Yes, she has the right to be worried, but being awful to a nurse and insisting that the doctor make a thousand more tests when he tells you your daughter is fine is not okay. Those tests are atrociously expensive and other people in the hospital might need them more. Or even when she sleeps in a chair next to Rory's bed that night. That's plain crazy. Your kid has a fractured arm. A hairline fracture. That's nothing and super common. It doesn't actually need a cast, but more a splint. You don't need to sleep next to her, watching her like a hawk. Again, I come back to the idolatry of Rory in SH, and especially by her family. They are behaving like she lost an arm or something. Like Rory having a hairline fracture might knock the earth off its axis....)

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, marineg said:

(about the accident... in addition to behaving horribly towards Luke, I hated her behaviour with Rory. Yes, she has the right to be worried, but being awful to a nurse and insisting that the doctor make a thousand more tests when he tells you your daughter is fine is not okay. Those tests are atrociously expensive and other people in the hospital might need them more. Or even when she sleeps in a chair next to Rory's bed that night. That's plain crazy. Your kid has a fractured arm. A hairline fracture. That's nothing and super common. It doesn't actually need a cast, but more a splint. You don't need to sleep next to her, watching her like a hawk. Again, I come back to the idolatry of Rory in SH, and especially by her family. They are behaving like she lost an arm or something. Like Rory having a hairline fracture might knock the earth off its axis....)

This probably isn’t very unpopular as it sounds like something we can all agree on, but I hated how Lorelai acted after the accident as well. Okay I could sympathise more if the first thing she had heard was from a doctor telling her that her daughter had been involved in an accident, and so she immediately leapt to worst case scenarios and took a while to come back from that, but in fact she heard it from Rory herself straightaway that it wasn’t a big deal, she just fractured her arm. There was no excuse for freaking out in the way that she did, and she really was horrible to Luke in the way that she broke the news to him by just screaming that Jess and Rory had been in a terrible accident

She acted just like her mother did after Richard’s accident in fact, and at least Richard was dealing with an actual life-threatening heart attack when Emily came charging in the hospital expecting all of the doctors and nurses to immediately cater to her  

• Love 6

The only way that response was warranted over a broken arm is if you're dealing with an athlete or a violinist or something.  Or, if they have some underlying medical condition that makes healing a broken bone more difficult and time-consuming.

• Love 1

Lorelai’s reaction to Rory’s accident was ridiculous!  Her screaming that Dean would have never gotten into an accident caused major eye rolls here.  Yes, Lorelai, only evil people have car accidents.  Who hit the deer again?

Another eye roll for me is the OTT going away party for Rory in the finale.  Was she the first person ever in the town who graduated from college and moved away?  No wonder she ended up as such an entitled mess in the reunion.  

If the show came back again I really wouldn’t mind if Rory is now an unwed Mom struggling with the newspaper and making people mad in the process because she keeps changing things while Lane’s band gets a hit and she becomes the big deal.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Lorelai’s reaction to Rory’s accident was ridiculous!  Her screaming that Dean would have never gotten into an accident caused major eye rolls here.  Yes, Lorelai, only evil people have car accidents.  Who hit the deer again?

Another eye roll for me is the OTT going away party for Rory in the finale.  Was she the first person ever in the town who graduated from college and moved away?  No wonder she ended up as such an entitled mess in the reunion.  

If the show came back again I really wouldn’t mind if Rory is now an unwed Mom struggling with the newspaper and making people mad in the process because she keeps changing things while Lane’s band gets a hit and she becomes the big deal.

I love (hate) that she takes over SH newspaper in the revival and turns it into nothing. Like she claims to have all these smarts and journalistic talents, but when given the opportunity to actually have her own newspaper, she basically does nothing with it. She could have brought it into the 21st century, done some fund-raising (as the town loves) to update all computers and such, done some marketing to sell the paper farther than town limits, organised the place, done some actual investigative journalism instead of boring SH articles. I honestly thought that it would be perfect for her to do that, even if it wasn't super long term, she could have had a lot of fun updating the place, and then hiring someone and left. She could have been a breathe of fresh air. But she basically settled into how it was always run, with the two oldies basically doing nothing.

Edited by marineg
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Frelling Tralk said:

Rory herself straightaway that it wasn’t a big deal, she just fractured her arm. There was no excuse for freaking out in the way that she did, and she really was horrible to Luke in the way that she broke the news to him by just screaming that Jess and Rory had been in a terrible accident

She acted just like her mother did after Richard’s accident in fact, and at least Richard was dealing with an actual life-threatening heart attack when Emily came charging in the hospital expecting all of the doctors and nurses to immediately cater to her  

Yes, and while movies/tv make those people seem heroic and brave and doggedly determined to advocate for their loved ones, all they do is create chaos and compromise the care of the patient and usually other patients that are there.

1 hour ago, marineg said:

I love (hate) that she takes over SH newspaper in the revival and turns it into nothing. Like she claims to have all these smarts and journalistic talents, but when given the opportunity to actually have her own newspaper, she basically does nothing with it. She could have brought it into the 21st century, done some fund-raising (as the town loves) to update all computers and such, done some marketing to sell the paper father than town limits, organised the place, done some actual investigative journalism instead of boring SH articles. I honestly thought that it would be perfect for her to do that, even if it wasn't super long term, she could have had a lot of fun updating the place, and then hiring someone and left. She could have been a breathe of fresh air. But she basically settled into how it was always run, with the two oldies basically doing nothing.

Lol...all of that would have taken gumption.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, stan4 said:

Lol...all of that would have taken gumption.  

Exactly. But the show (ASP) wants to make you believe that she does have gumption. And again, we come back to the nonsensical idolatry of Rory by every single person she meets.

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Wait, I'm only up to season 3. They have a Lord of the Rings party?!

It's a kid's party. I think that's in season three... or maybe it's four? 

• Love 1

Mentioning the LOTR party - my UO is that I think Lorelai was more wrong about the food than Sookie was.  Not necessarily from the viewpoint of what the kids would like to eat, but if I'm going to pay out the nose for a catered party for my kid's birthday, there sure as heck better be more than paper tablecloths you can buy at any store, frozen pizza and pigs in a blanket.  Lorelai could have (and should have) found a way to make what Sookie had fixed sound fun and kid-friendly.

• Love 5
On 6/13/2018 at 9:33 AM, Katy M said:

It was stated that Lorelai had Rory when she was 16, Rory had her 21st birthday, so that would make Lorelai 37, which I would consider still mid-thirties.

She didn't tell Max he wasn't allowed to talk to Rory or have a relationship.  Just that she was pretty much done being raised.

Yes, but Max also expressed concerns that he might come in on a situation when Lorelei wasn't home (Rory being drunk, Rory and Dean making out in the dark on the couch), and how he should handle it, and she told him he wouldn't, he would wait for her.  It kind of feel like she wasn't going to allow him to have any sort of authority in the household.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Mentioning the LOTR party - my UO is that I think Lorelai was more wrong about the food than Sookie was.  Not necessarily from the viewpoint of what the kids would like to eat, but if I'm going to pay out the nose for a catered party for my kid's birthday, there sure as heck better be more than paper tablecloths you can buy at any store, frozen pizza and pigs in a blanket.  Lorelai could have (and should have) found a way to make what Sookie had fixed sound fun and kid-friendly.

My UO is that I disagree with this goofy idea of "kids' food."  There was not anything there children could not have eaten and enjoyed.

30 minutes ago, steff13 said:

Yes, but Max also expressed concerns that he might come in on a situation when Lorelei wasn't home (Rory being drunk, Rory and Dean making out in the dark on the couch), and how he should handle it, and she told him he wouldn't, he would wait for her.  It kind of feel like she wasn't going to allow him to have any sort of authority in the household.  

Counselors warn that this is a common issue in 2nd marriages.  And that it is hard for non-original parents to assume roles of authority and disciplinarian secondary to issues of credibility and resistance from both the kids and the original parent.

In my mind, I see that is wrong, but in my heart I know I would have a hard time letting someone else parent my kid.

Also, it was little bit dramatic for Max to act like he had nothing to do there if you couldn't discipline Rory when she was smooching her boyfriend.  He was marrying Lorelai bc they wanted to be together, not bc Rory needed a new daddy.

• Love 2

I don’t remember the exact wording, but if his question was simply how he should handle it, I have no problem with that.  Handling does not have to mean discipline at all.

7 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I don’t remember the exact wording, but if his question was simply how he should handle it, I have no problem with that.  Handling does not have to mean discipline at all.

He asked what he should do if he caught them making out or if Rory came home drunk.  Lorelai said he should do nothing and that she would handle it.  To which Max dramatically jumps to, "So basically I have no role in Rory's life" and "So I should do nothing around here ever."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stan4 said:

He asked what he should do if he caught them making out or if Rory came home drunk.  Lorelai said he should do nothing and that she would handle it.  To which Max dramatically jumps to, "So basically I have no role in Rory's life" and "So I should do nothing around here ever."

I thought that was messed up.  Lorelai was right, Rory was raised, Lorelai trusted her and she didn't need her new hubby bringing his authoritarian rules down on her very responsible daughter. If only Lorelai had given him written instructions and he agreed to abide by them would it have been tolerable.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, stan4 said:

Counselors warn that this is a common issue in 2nd marriages.  And that it is hard for non-original parents to assume roles of authority and disciplinarian secondary to issues of credibility and resistance from both the kids and the original parent.

In my mind, I see that is wrong, but in my heart I know I would have a hard time letting someone else parent my kid.

I believe that it is more complicated in a situation where both parents are a part of the kid, and the kid has to go from one parent to the other, like April, with Luke and Ana. In those circumstances, I think it could be hard for Ana to see Lorelai discipline her child, and be a secondary parent. Same for Luke. He could feel like another man was raise his child, and vice versa. However, in the circumstance of Lorelai and Max, Rory had no real father to speak of. He wasn't a part of her life, not part of big decisions or of her discipline. So Lorelai allowing Max to have role in Rory's life would not have taken from anything she was doing, or Chris for that matter.

3 hours ago, stan4 said:

Also, it was little bit dramatic for Max to act like he had nothing to do there if you couldn't discipline Rory when she was smooching her boyfriend.  He was marrying Lorelai bc they wanted to be together, not bc Rory needed a new daddy.

That being said, I agree. He was over the top. Saying that the fact that Lorelai forgot to make him a key was a sign she didn't want him in the house. Or that he absolutely needed a role in Rory's life. Like I said, it wouldn't have taken away anything from Lorelai's authority, or love, or attention from her. However, Rory probably would have felt weird to have this more or less stranger tell her of she can kiss or boyfriend of a year or something.

2 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Plus, the idea that a teenager should be “disciplined” for kissing her boyfriend is gross and archaic. Which is completely in keeping with Gilmore Girls’ view of female sexuality, but still. 

By God, YES.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Well, Lorelai only resorted to that cheapo, quick stuff because it was last minute and the kids weren't about to eat all the crap Sookie prepared. Sookie was living in LaLa Land with those food choices. I know some kids are pickier than others, but I don't know ANY kids' party where that stuff would go over well. Didn't the cake have alcohol in/on it??? I mean, I don't know that even *I* would eat any of that stuff. (I'll try anything once, but I'm more of Luke's diner kind of gal.)

I thought it was kind of weird, because the one time Sookie thought Lorelai was expecting (not expecting her parents) she brought over a bunch of yummy "junk" food. She knows how Lorelai and Rory eats; I guess I'd figure she assumes other people eat like that, especially at parties. It was like she was just trying to be impressive without really thinking about the actual audience. 

I think they could have made it more themed and fun, but not standard picnic spread, if they had time and were communicating. Lorelai, being in charge, should have checked on the menu ahead of time. She oversees Sookie at the inn. She knows how Sookie gets. She should have double checked. 

And, FTR, I did a "decorate your own cupcake" station for my 10-year-old's recent party and it was a HUGE hit. Even the grown-ups loved it. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Well, Lorelai only resorted to that cheapo, quick stuff because it was last minute and the kids weren't about to eat all the crap Sookie prepared. Sookie was living in LaLa Land with those food choices. I know some kids are pickier than others, but I don't know ANY kids' party where that stuff would go over well. Didn't the cake have alcohol in/on it??? I mean, I don't know that even *I* would eat any of that stuff. (I'll try anything once, but I'm more of Luke's diner kind of gal.)

I thought it was kind of weird, because the one time Sookie thought Lorelai was expecting (not expecting her parents) she brought over a bunch of yummy "junk" food. She knows how Lorelai and Rory eats; I guess I'd figure she assumes other people eat like that, especially at parties. It was like she was just trying to be impressive without really thinking about the actual audience. 

I think they could have made it more themed and fun, but not standard picnic spread, if they had time and were communicating. Lorelai, being in charge, should have checked on the menu ahead of time. She oversees Sookie at the inn. She knows how Sookie gets. She should have double checked. 

And, FTR, I did a "decorate your own cupcake" station for my 10-year-old's recent party and it was a HUGE hit. Even the grown-ups loved it. 

Ring-shaped food.  Onion rings, doughnuts, bundt cake. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, stan4 said:

I don’t think Max was being overly dramatic, but I think his reaction was a combination of things where over time he felt Lorelai wasn’t including him (not giving him keys, not telling people they were dating, etc). I think he saw her saying he shouldn’t interfere with Rory as a symptom of a larger problem.

2 hours ago, deaja said:

I don’t think Max was being overly dramatic, but I think his reaction was a combination of things where over time he felt Lorelai wasn’t including him (not giving him keys, not telling people they were dating, etc). I think he saw her saying he shouldn’t interfere with Rory as a symptom of a larger problem.

I think that, yes, it was written that way so we could see the pattern of her not really including him or meshing their lives, but I agree with Lorelai that he does not need to parent her 16 year old.

In real life, if someone made that direct jump (don't bother involving yourself with my daughter's smooching ---->I have no role here!!!!) , I'd tell them to quit with the drama.

That particular conversation had no other direct contextual relation to the eest of Lorelai's thoughtfulness so it was a jump.

• Love 2

The three of them watched a movie, but only Rory and Lorelai were allowed to speak while he was shushed each and every time.  He still didn’t have keys to the house.  She admitted she never bothered to think about their combining their lives.  Whenever he asked about their marriage, she told him he was there for sex.  I would have told Lorelai to take a flying leap a lot earlier; she would never have gotten to the point of ditching me at the last minute.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

The three of them watched a movie, but only Rory and Lorelai were allowed to speak while he was shushed each and every time.  He still didn’t have keys to the house.  She admitted she never bothered to think about their combining their lives.  Whenever he asked about their marriage, she told him he was there for sex.  I would have told Lorelai to take a flying leap a lot earlier; she would never have gotten to the point of ditching me at the last minute.

Yep.  I always thought he was a moron for getting involved with her flakey butt.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

I agree that was extremely rude of Lorelai and she shouldn't act that way around Rory, it's disrespectful to say the least. If I were Max I would have slipped out unnoticed and declined any forthcoming invitations to watch movies with them.

18 minutes ago, stan4 said:

Yep.  I always thought he was a moron for getting involved with her flakey butt.

I thought they were both morons for deciding to get married when they were never together long enough to be off shaky ground. Who proposes in the middle of a fight? Which he only started after he and Luke got into their little pissing contest. I know he says later that he thought about it and wanted to propose. But again why? They weren't dating that long and again the relationship didn't seem stable enough to be at the let's propose stage. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, andromeda331 said:

I thought they were both morons for deciding to get married when they were never together long enough to be off shaky ground. Who proposes in the middle of a fight? Which he only started after he and Luke got into their little pissing contest. I know he says later that he thought about it and wanted to propose. But again why? They weren't dating that long and again the relationship didn't seem stable enough to be at the let's propose stage. 

Right, and I just thought that he was too much from the start. Kind of obsessed, like Dean with Rory. 

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:09 PM, marineg said:

I love (hate) that she takes over SH newspaper in the revival and turns it into nothing. Like she claims to have all these smarts and journalistic talents, but when given the opportunity to actually have her own newspaper, she basically does nothing with it. She could have brought it into the 21st century, done some fund-raising (as the town loves) to update all computers and such, done some marketing to sell the paper farther than town limits, organised the place, done some actual investigative journalism instead of boring SH articles. I honestly thought that it would be perfect for her to do that, even if it wasn't super long term, she could have had a lot of fun updating the place, and then hiring someone and left. She could have been a breathe of fresh air. But she basically settled into how it was always run, with the two oldies basically doing nothing.

I thought that was what that storyline was going to be about. Rory takes over a small time newspaper and brings all these ideas bringing it into the 21st century. Either learns that running a small town newspaper was where she wanted to be and was a perfect fit or revived her love of writing and the newspaper leading her to get a job at a daily somewhere else or something.  Instead nothing really happens. She changes nothing, most of the time doesn't do much and then we don't hear about it anymore after she decides to write a book.     

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I thought that was what that storyline was going to be about. Rory takes over a small time newspaper and brings all these ideas bringing it into the 21st century. Either learns that running a small town newspaper was where she wanted to be and was a perfect fit or revived her love of writing and the newspaper leading her to get a job at a daily somewhere else or something.  Instead nothing really happens. She changes nothing, most of the time doesn't do much and then we don't hear about it anymore after she decides to write a book.     

Exactly. It would have been perfect. Either to keep as her "own", or as amazing experience to go write for a bigger newspaper. Running you own paper, and taking it from crap to actually worth something would get her a few interviews at least. But again, Rory never really applied herself to anything. ASP tried to make us believe she did, but she didn't.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Anela said:

Right, and I just thought that he was too much from the start. Kind of obsessed, like Dean with Rory. 

He kind of was. He kept asking her out and she kept declining. I kind of get annoyed that he pursued her and she listed one of the reasons was the school probably wouldn't be like it. Then later when Lorelai after talking with Emily realizes she's interested in keeping dating him and goes to talk to him he talks about how he was called into the office and reamed. You mean like Lorelai thought would happen, Max? Oh, so now that it did happen your not okay with that. But when you were chasing Lorelai around you didn't seemed so concerned.   

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, marineg said:

I hated Lorelai in that episode. I think more than being rude, it is that she has no recognition of the seriousness of situations. When your mom is being sued, you don't act that way. You do't say those things.

Lorelai told her mother repeatedly in that episode she wouldn't lie for her. Which honestly she shouldn't have. Emily treats her maids like crap. One got made enough to sue I'm surprised that lady didn't get a flood of calls from Emily's other former maids begging to testify. That might have actually been fun to watch.  Emily should have taken Lorelai's name off the list when Lorelai made it clear she wasn't going to lie for her. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

He kind of was. He kept asking her out and she kept declining. I kind of get annoyed that he pursued her and she listed one of the reasons was the school probably wouldn't be like it. Then later when Lorelai after talking with Emily realizes she's interested in keeping dating him and goes to talk to him he talks about how he was called into the office and reamed. You mean like Lorelai thought would happen, Max? Oh, so now that it did happen your not okay with that. But when you were chasing Lorelai around you didn't seemed so concerned.   

Exactly, and she was rightly concerned about the effect it would have on her daughter. Teachers are supposed to be concerned with what's best for their students. Then they're seen kissing in the classroom, and and Paris spreads it around the school.

• Love 2