Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Hardhome

• Start Topic

Maybe someone can help me on this.  For two weeks I've been racking my brain, trying to remember in what film there was a scene similar to that in Hardhome.  Like in the episode, there's a huge crowd, and slowly everyone turns towards a direction from which the threat arises.  One possibility is the ferry scene from War of Worlds, but that just doesn't seem to be the one I'm thinking of, but I have a brain blockage or something and the analogy won't come.  Any thoughts?

On 6/5/2015 at 11:25 AM, aucp3 said:

I didn't find the wildling woman's (Karsi?) inability to fight bad, poor writing or stupid at all. To the contrary. I thought it was a pretty accurate reflection of the shock one would feel at seeing these children as zombies who you now must fight and kill, particularly as a mother. Everyone always talks about what they "would do" if this or that were to happen, but most experts in the field of human reaction to danger have wanted to add "freeze" to the fight or flight response because freeze is what a high percentage of humans do when faced with something shocking and fearful. Karsi is probably well accustomed to having to fight and kill grown men and women, but the sight of ten small children, some of whom she may even have known, really through her off her game. She froze. I think if she had a few more moments to compose herself and thoughts, she would've gotten it together, but she didn't have time to do that.

I have to agree. I know a lot of parents who can't watch shows or movies with kids dying without it affecting them now that they have kids. I had to give up Broadchurch for that reason. The shock and disparity if seeing zombie kids would make many people hesitate. 

Cersei's misery was amazing. She is such a dreadful narcissistic jerk. She has earned every drop of floor water.

Overall, this episode was amazing. Intense battles, movement in the story, and some enjoyable pairings.

• Love 1