Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Testimony

• Start Topic

In a way I think they need to figure out a way for her to become VEEP again. It would be deflating in all the right ways. I don't think she should stay as president. 

But the show will be different next year. Not the same showrunner.. if I'm reading interviews correctly, seems the writing team is also going back to the UK. So in a way this is the final season of Veep, and next episode is the last. And then Veep: The Sequel starts next year. 

From http://www.270towin.com/content/electoral-college-ties/#.VXtCIFKvOrg:

As our site URL says, it takes 270toWin. If neither candidate gets a majority of the Electoral Votes, the election for President is decided in the House of Representatives, with each state delegation having one vote. Senators would elect the Vice-President.

This would definitely be an interesting way for the election to play out, and I suppose it's possible that they could have Selina become Veep again this way, and perhaps elect Tom James into the presidency.

I had a big LOL when I was waiting for him to name the. . .medicine. . . he was getting out of his car for. . .his knee. . . the left one.  I thought his string of prosaic answers would just continue with Motrin or Advil, but then he popped up with "Crouch Cream."

• Love 1
There's probably no other way for her to become VP that wouldn't be ridiculously contrived.

Then again, the way she became president was pretty contrived as well.

It's kinda why I'm glad there's going to be a writing staff turnover for next season; I just don't think the Brits ever understood US politics and were just superimposing their knowledge of their own government over America's. I mean, the way Selina became President is much more likely to happen to a UK Prime Minister.

Unless they've got some sort of Nixonian smoking gun sitting out for all the world to see, US presidents just. Don't. Surrender. Power. Ever. And Selina's predecessor caved to scandal in a most unbelievable way.

Looking forward to the new writers, hope they get US politics better.