Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Someone may have posted about this commercial already but I have not seen it. It's the (I think) Expedia commercial with the song "I don't know why I love you but I do," and there is a woman in the tub with her phone planning a trip. Her doggie is giving her this look that makes me just smile every time I see the commercial and she smiles and continues her search for a pet friendly hotel.

There are a couple of longer version of the commercial in which based on her family's reactions to things, she searches up accommodations that fit those things but the doggie's little face is just too cute for words as is the "mom's" smile before she includes pet friendly in the search.

• Love 9

I don’t know where to post this.  There’s an ad for the WWF regarding climate change and polar bear habitat.  It’s lovely but oh, so sad.  It’s the one with the “Say something” song.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Someone may have posted about this commercial already but I have not seen it. It's the (I think) Expedia commercial with the song "I don't know why I love you but I do," and there is a woman in the tub with her phone planning a trip. Her doggie is giving her this look that makes me just smile every time I see the commercial and she smiles and continues her search for a pet friendly hotel.

There are a couple of longer version of the commercial in which based on her family's reactions to things, she searches up accommodations that fit those things but the doggie's little face is just too cute for words as is the "mom's" smile before she includes pet friendly in the search.

I like that commercial, too :).

2 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

I don’t know where to post this.  There’s an ad for the WWF regarding climate change and polar bear habitat.  It’s lovely but oh, so sad.  It’s the one with the “Say something” song.

Yes! Those poor bears, losing their home as they are :(.

The baby ones are so precious, though. I love the way they all snuggle in on each other <3. 

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I like this ad, and the 70s song "How Long" by Ace.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Z8QC/amazon-prime-binge-cheat

Love the expression on that guy's face. 😄

Paul Carrack is a great singer! How Long is a classic that he wrote, he also sang lead on the Squeeze classic Tempted (which was written by Glenn Tillbrook and Chris Difford, who are widely regarded as the Lennon and McCartney of the 80's but strangely never got the widespread stardom they deserved). Carrack released a solo album in the 80's called Suburban Voodoo and I wore the cassette tape out listening to it in my car. Cassette tapes! Old times, good times! He was also the lead singer on the song The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics

Oh, @Ohwell, now I'm going to go on a jag of listening to my old 80's underrated favorites! Thank you!

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I guffawed when mom said "This is why we  named your brother  Derek. "

I love the Watt family.  Mom was interviewed on the Today Show recently about raising 3 huge athletic boys.  I couldn't believe she was old enough to be their mother.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I dunno. I think that mom is depressed. Maybe she needs some Latuda.

She needs Emgality! Then she'll be dressing up in fancy costumes so she can cavort with her equally dressed up kids!

• LOL 5
On 3/10/2020 at 4:19 PM, Silver Raven said:

I laugh at this ad every time it comes on.

I like it too. However, with surveillance cameras in offices everywhere, the automatic lights would already have eyes, wouldn't they?

The Subaru Barkley family ads never fail to be funny and adorable. Like this one:

Edited by InDueTime
  • Love 7

The automatic lights where I work rely on movement.  If I'm just sitting and working, or better yet, if I'm just sitting where the automatic light can't "see" me, the lights will turn off after about 20 minutes.  And I have to stand up and wave my arms around to get them back on.  The lights apparently are in cahoots with my watch to get me to stand up periodically.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

The automatic lights where I work rely on movement.  If I'm just sitting and working, or better yet, if I'm just sitting where the automatic light can't "see" me, the lights will turn off after about 20 minutes.  And I have to stand up and wave my arms around to get them back on.

Yep.  I work out of my home office the vast majority of the time, and I start later and thus end later than average.  So, when I was based in a company office, and was there late by myself, I had to periodically stand up and do a little dance to make the lights come back on.  I was very happy this was not being viewed on CCTV in some security office. 

• LOL 11
On 3/9/2020 at 3:08 PM, meep.meep said:

I like the Geico one with the guy who was raised by wolves at his wedding.

Geico is winning with the funny ads.  I love the one where the woman puts her FitBit on her dog’s tail so each time he wags, her step count goes up.

Also love those Subaru ads with the dog family.  That lil puppy makes my ovaries ache.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Geico is winning with the funny ads.  I love the one where the woman puts her FitBit on her dog’s tail so each time he wags, her step count goes up.

Ooh!  Look how fast I'm running!

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I kind of wish Geico would bring back Maxwell, the piggy who cried, "Wheee, wheee, wheee, wheee," all the way home.

Please, no; there is enough suffering in my world right now.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 3/16/2020 at 8:00 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

I kind of wish Geico would bring back Maxwell, the piggy who cried, "Wheee, wheee, wheee, wheee," all the way home.

Noooooooo! I despise  that ad!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm not fond of Maxwell but I love the mom's fed up response to him.

Yes!  The way she snaps "Maxwell!" when a simple "Max" doesn't get his attention is perfect.  If the "wee"ing didn't last as long - enough to set the stage for how irritated she is (which doesn't take much, since we know the set-up is he does this "all the way home"), but not so long that I'm also so annoyed I have to change the channel to make it stop - I'd like the commercial, because she's funny, as is the way the pig says, "Oh, cool.  Thanks, Mrs. A." when she tells him he's home.  And he's cute hanging out the window.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm not fond of Maxwell but I love the mom's fed up response to him.

The yeah whatever wave mom does cracks me up every time. Bring back the mom and not the pig.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I like the Wonderful Pistachio commercial with Ernie the elephant who looked all warn out from partying with the squirrel sisters.  The elephant's lines are a bit clunky and could have been better, but I can overlook them.

It's too weird for me. If he had been talking about some animals that I don't picture him stepping on or rolling over on, it would work better for me.

• Useful 1
On 3/16/2020 at 8:00 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

They actually have been airing some of the "classics" over the past month or so - I've seen this one, as well as the woodchucks chucking wood one.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

They actually have been airing some of the "classics" over the past month or so - I've seen this one, as well as the woodchucks chucking wood one.

They’re airing the ones they made sequels to.

I miss Halloween, when they were airing the horror movie commercial. Because that’s one of the few commercials that would air on every commercial break and I never got tired of it. Others being KFC Dirty Dancing and iPhone Cookie Monster.

• Love 3
On ‎03‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 6:27 AM, scarletine said:

They've definitely been improving, now that they're not taking themselves so seriously. This was a good one. 

Yeah, most of theirs are cringe-inducing, but this one and the one with the actor who can't remember his lines are funny.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

Yeah, most of theirs are cringe-inducing, but this one and the one with the actor who can't remember his lines are funny.

"Am I allowed to riff? What if I come out of the water?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Ok, Liberty Mutual has a new one out and it’s gold. The guy being accosted by seagulls. As someone who lives near the coast, I howled with laughter at it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Ok, Liberty Mutual has a new one out and it’s gold. The guy being accosted by seagulls. As someone who lives near the coast, I howled with laughter at it. 

I don't.  I worked in downtown Seattle for years, and more than once came back from lunch with seagull crap in my hair or on my clothes.  That stuff dries like cement and is really hard to remove.

I'm still liking the struggling actor though.

• Love 1

The commercial with the seagull cracked me up. It reminded me of a trip my hubby and I took many years ago to Sea World in Fla. We were sitting in an eating area and a guy next to us was having a sandwich. He had the sandwich in his hand and put his elbow on the table with the sandwich straight up and a gull swooped down and made off with the whole thing. I thought it was funny but was trying not to laugh because the guy was really pissed and I didn't want him to turn his anger towards me! Seagulls are very aggressive when it comes to food,just one of the reasons I'm not a fan of theirs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:15 PM, Silver Raven said:

I HATE the ads for her show.

I've always liked Kelly Clarkson, but yeah, those commercials are annoying.  The Wayfair ones are cute, though.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 5