Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Dean Winters is great as usual in his "Mayhem" role, but I don't like the theme of the ad that he doesn't actually cause any mayhem because, what, State Farm now has an app that monitors its customers?

Why not just have Tina Fey wearing a fake pregnancy belly and screaming, "Don't mess with my discount?"

Because "Don't mess with my discount" IS State Farm, whereas Mayhem is Allstate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Amazon Prime has it's Christmas commercial out using the Blues Brothers "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love." Because "The Blues Brothers" is my favorite movie of all time (but I could be wrong, I've only seen it 50 times), I really like this commercial. 

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Because "Don't mess with my discount" IS State Farm, whereas Mayhem is Allstate.

Yes, that was pretty much the point I was trying to make. I don't think Allstate should ruin Mayhem by trying to mimic the State Farm "don't mess with my discount" commercials.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I like the Pittsburgh Dad (local) commercials for an AC company. He's a hoot. PD is a popular Youtube ...show? 

Chip chopped ham and dippy eggs and klondikes

Burgh queezine

OMG I loooooove Pittsburgh Dad. "The receiver was on the 50 yard line and the ball was in Ligonier..." "3 signs of the Yinzpocalypse." 

Aw heck, now I want dippy eggs.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

OMG! My parents were both from Western Pennsyltuckey. That's exactly the way I remember my uncles. Chipped ham! Whenever anybody in the family went "back east" (we're in Seattle now) there would be hell to pay if they didn't bring back some chipped ham from Isley's (I think) it was tissue thin and you piled it on your sandwich. Yummy.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, crowsworks said:

Captain Obvious - "Condoms?"

My favorite commercial ever.  

On 11/5/2019 at 10:06 AM, Colleenna said:

I hate that commercial. 

Fey needs to know that she doesnt have to be in everything.  Let someone else have the spotlight and she can go home.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, smittykins said:

*runs to YouTube to binge-watch Pittsburgh Dad*

—an Upstate New York native raised by a single mother 

Fair warning: a lot of it will only make sense if yinz are from Da Burgh. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Woohoo, a new Chantix cold turkey commercial.   He starts to walk out the door, but it is too cold.  He puts a blanket around himself and picks up a package outside of the house and brings it back in.  No it wasn't from Amazon, thanks for askin'.  He stares at a fish in his fish tank, puts pieces in his jigsaw puzzle, and makes a smoothy with fruit and seeds.

I love those commercials so much. He’s like this cool LL Bean environment turkey living a simple life. I’d be his friend and not judge if he lit one up while we wore plaid and talked about our pets. 

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Apparently you may not see them unless you live in a southern state and watch college football, but I really like the Dr. Pepper "Fansville" ads. This was the first one that made me LOL, I think the woman is hilarious: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/d_6y/dr-pepper-fansville-x-ray#

But now there is trouble in paradise, and I share the guy's horror at her declaration that there is no difference in flavor between charcoal and propane grilling. Blasphemy! 

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 5
On 11/9/2019 at 4:11 AM, crowsworks said:

I like the Pittsburgh Dad (local) commercials for an AC company. He's a hoot. PD is a popular Youtube ...show? 

Chip chopped ham and dippy eggs and klondikes

Burgh queezine

I LOVE Pittsburgh Dad!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Apparently you may not see them unless you live in a southern state and watch college football, but I really like the Dr. Pepper "Fansville" ads. This was the first one that made me LOL, I think the woman is hilarious: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/d_6y/dr-pepper-fansville-x-ray#

But now there is trouble in paradise, and I share the guy's horror at her declaration that there is no difference in flavor between charcoal and propane grilling. Blasphemy! 

We get these ads in California.  There's one where the parents are outraged because their son's breath doesn't smell like Dr. Pepper after their team won and he was out celebrating.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

We get these ads in California.  There's one where the parents are outraged because their son's breath doesn't smell like Dr. Pepper after their team won and he was out celebrating.

Haha yes, and he got home too early. 7 pm! Scandalous. The parents are about to go streaking with the neighbors, in celebration of the team's win. These commercials are fucking hilarious.

The nod to Twin Peaks in the trailer is awesome.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ashforth said:

Haha yes, and he got home too early. 7 pm! Scandalous. The parents are about to go streaking with the neighbors, in celebration of the team's win. These commercials are fucking hilarious.

The nod to Twin Peaks in the trailer is awesome.

I loved them. And Ray Wise! Thanks!

• Love 1
On 11/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, cynicat said:

I love the cat commercial the most (true to my name) but I'll give a shout out to the new one where he's a dog:

Both are totally hilarious and right on for anyone who's ever had a cat or dog or both.

• Love 5
On 11/9/2019 at 8:35 PM, Ashforth said:

I share the guy's horror at her declaration that there is no difference in flavor between charcoal and propane grilling. Blasphemy!

Right?!  "It tastes the same to me"?  Aw, hell no; get your defective taste buds away from me.

I don't like Dr. Pepper, but there's some pretty funny stuff in the Fansville commercials.  I really like one of the ones with Brian Bosworth as the sheriff, where the refs move in across the street. 

And I like Eddie George as the doctor.  It's a good series.

• Love 3
On 11/9/2019 at 11:09 AM, Colleenna said:

OMG I loooooove Pittsburgh Dad. "The receiver was on the 50 yard line and the ball was in Ligonier..." "3 signs of the Yinzpocalypse." 

Aw heck, now I want dippy eggs.

He warns his daughter at the drive in "Get away from that car -them guys don't got sleeves on their shirts."

• Love 2
On 11/9/2019 at 1:06 PM, peacheslatour said:

OMG! My parents were both from Western Pennsyltuckey. That's exactly the way I remember my uncles. Chipped ham! Whenever anybody in the family went "back east" (we're in Seattle now) there would be hell to pay if they didn't bring back some chipped ham from Isley's (I think) it was tissue thin and you piled it on your sandwich. Yummy.

I'm from North/Cenral PA.  Only about 4 hours apart, but it makes all the difference.  It's a whole other world out in Western PA.  Very much like Ohio, but don't dare tell them that.  And the place you're talking about is Isaly's (they also invented the Klondike Bar).  They were based out of Youngstown Ohio (I lived there for a bit).  We have chipped ham here, and chopped ham, but not "chipped chopped" ham.

22 hours ago, smittykins said:

I had to Google “dippy eggs.” 😂

Eggs with liquid yolks, so you can dip your toast.  I like them, provided they're cooked enough that the yolk isn't runny, slimy, or has white gunk in it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I'm from North/Cenral PA.  Only about 4 hours apart, but it makes all the difference.  It's a whole other world out in Western PA.  Very much like Ohio, but don't dare tell them that.  And the place you're talking about is Isaly's (they also invented the Klondike Bar).  They were based out of Youngstown Ohio (I lived there for a bit).  We have chipped ham here, and chopped ham, but not "chipped chopped" ham.

Eggs with liquid yolks, so you can dip your toast.  I like them, provided they're cooked enough that the yolk isn't runny, slimy, or has white gunk in it.

I want my yolks liquid, but the white well set. No runny whites! Of course most of the time I eat eggs hard boiled --- white only (the cats get the hard cooked yolk.) 

I'm from North/Cenral PA.  Only about 4 hours apart, but it makes all the difference.  It's a whole other world out in Western PA.  Very much like Ohio, but don't dare tell them that. 

My dad is from Jeanette and my mom from Greensburg. They still have the Klan there. Blew my mind as a teenager when I would fly back to visit. I mean the Klan, for god's sake!

3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

My dad is from Jeanette and my mom from Greensburg. They still have the Klan there. Blew my mind as a teenager when I would fly back to visit. I mean the Klan, for god's sake!

The Klan is alive and well just about everywhere, including here in Maryland.

• Love 2