Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Normally there are a lot of Halloween commercials, but I just haven't seen that many.

Cheetos has their "White Cheddar Bag of Bones" in groceries store now, but I have yet to see a commercial for them.  They are Cheetos formed into skeleton body parts.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any commercials for the regular Cheetos shaped into paws either.

You're right! I really like those paw shaped Cheetos, too. Now I have a sad.

• Love 1
On 10/22/2019 at 2:49 PM, icemiser69 said:

Normally there are a lot of Halloween commercials, but I just haven't seen that many.

Geico seems to be the only ones I've seen.   Where is the Snickers horseless headsman?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 10/22/2019 at 6:57 PM, icemiser69 said:

I did find the paws last week in the store, I thought at one point a long time ago there was a commercial for them.  All I see is commercials for the regular Cheetos where people try and figure out what each regular Cheeto looks like.  Whale, etc. 

Back when I was in high school (late 80's/early 90's), they had Cheetoes Paws, but they were different.  They were much cheesier, and the paws were shaped differently.  We always joked about the assorted fingers in the bottom of the bag.  They were discontinued, then returned a few years ago.

• Useful 2
10 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Back when I was in high school (late 80's/early 90's), they had Cheetoes Paws, but they were different.  They were much cheesier, and the paws were shaped differently.  We always joked about the assorted fingers in the bottom of the bag.  They were discontinued, then returned a few years ago.

Remember those Cheetos mixes? There were like three or four different shapes and colors, I think one was wasabi.

2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Remember those Cheetos mixes? There were like three or four different shapes and colors, I think one was wasabi.

I do, but I don't think I had any, as I'm sensitive to spicy foods.  I remember the corkscrews, and I recall liking them.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I do, but I don't think I had any, as I'm sensitive to spicy foods.  I remember the corkscrews, and I recall liking them.

I never had them either since I rarely eat Cheetos. I'm getting some for this weekend though because hubby is going to be away and I don't have to cook. Whenever he goes to visit his bio family (he just was found by them a few years ago) I eat all sorts of junk. This time it is to be Cheetos and Key Lime pie.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I never had them either since I rarely eat Cheetos. I'm getting some for this weekend though because hubby is going to be away and I don't have to cook. Whenever he goes to visit his bio family (he just was found by them a few years ago) I eat all sorts of junk. This time it is to be Cheetos and Key Lime pie.

I can relate!  One time I ate nothing but chocolate pudding cake for the entire weekend he was gone.  Another time it was a huge bowl of pasta salad.  It's a relief, not having to plan for another person's food preferences. 

I'm finally seeing the Subaru dog ads.  Didn't know about them until reading here -- I DVR everything -- but now whenever I see a Lab, I pause.  Hyndai is getting into the act too, and another car company, maybe GMC, uses dogs.

• Love 2

I can relate!  One time I ate nothing but chocolate pudding cake for the entire weekend he was gone.  Another time it was a huge bowl of pasta salad.  It's a relief, not having to plan for another person's food preferences. 

It is, isn't it? I also get to watch all of my movies that he doesn't like. This time it will be Halloween movies. I like the old timey ones like the original Bride of Frankenstein or Dracula.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Interesting. Whenever my husband goes to visit HIS family, I live on frozen vegetarian dinners (thank you, Amy's!!) and smoothies. It's not an issue of food preferences, but sheer laziness on my part. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Interesting. Whenever my husband goes to visit HIS family, I live on frozen vegetarian dinners (thank you, Amy's!!) and smoothies. It's not an issue of food preferences, but sheer laziness on my part. 

My DH has certain dietary restrictions so I always try to cook healthy, well balanced meals. He still works but I'm retired so I really go crazy (for me) when he is gone. Also I'm lazy as hell and I love not having to cook, put on make up, wear nice clothes instead of lolling around in my robe all day. I always look forward to it Tee hee.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

My DH has certain dietary restrictions so I always try to cook healthy, well balanced meals. He still works but I'm retired so I really go crazy (for me) when he is gone. Also I'm lazy as hell and I love not having to cook, put on make up, wear nice clothes instead of lolling around in my robe all day. I always look forward to it Tee hee.

Sounds just like me, except for the robe part. I do get (sorta) dressed to go to the gym, but as soon as I'm back home, I'm back in my shorts (or sweats, depending on the season) and a waaay oversized tee sans bra. 

• Love 3
On 10/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, Haleth said:

It occurs to me that Mayhem is the perfect name for a cat. 

It is! I love that commercial! My favorite is the last line about protecting your home “from mayhem, like me-owww. “

😂😂😂

Edited by 7isBlue
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

It is, isn't it? I also get to watch all of my movies that he doesn't like. This time it will be Halloween movies. I like the old timey ones like the original Bride of Frankenstein or Dracula.

When my husband would go away to his twice yearly sales meetings at his old job, I'd stack the DVR full of ID Channel stuff, and other things he didn't like.  I'd also get fast food he didn't like, etc.  I missed him, but it was nice to do all-me for a little while.  One time, the meeting was at a resort just a little over an hour away.  He convinced them to let him room by himself (the guy he always roomed with had recently passed away), and I snuck up there for the night.  It was fun.  Management found out, but they didn't say too much.

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 5:27 PM, Colleenna said:

Doxxies are sometimes called "wiener dogs." That's why there's a Halloween costume for a dachshund that looks like a hot dog. 

True, but still, it's not like the wieners are made of wiener dogs.  But it is cute, and the baby dachshund's sad look is so adorable.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, bad things are bad said:

Just saw this Hotels.com one for the first time last night and hubby and I both burst out laughing (you may have to scroll down)  https://adage.com/article/hot-spots/watch-newest-commercials-tv-linkedin-hotelscom-walmart-and-more/2205846

I do love that one.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, icemiser69 said:

"It's a sit up banana, bend at the waist."

I think that line came from an Ensure commercial.   It makes me sad every time I peel a banana.

I tell the annoying Ensure bottle that bananas don't have waists.  Every single time.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, Silver Raven said:

Mahk for the Burger King Impossible Burger.

I'm with him on the Impossible Burger not tasting like meat, although it isn't bad.  But my local Burger King has the best drive-thru service of any fast food restaurant I've ever visited.  And BK's chicken nuggets are much better than McDonalds' nuggets.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:53 PM, friendperidot said:

It's not exactly a favorite commercial, but after hating the Sling commercials so much for the past few years, and while I know I'm not alone in that, there are people on these boards that really like them. But Sling has a new set of ads with Maya Rudolph. I am enjoying her in the ads, she is so very blase' and says her lines with such a flat expression, I laugh. I like them so much more than all the innuendo of the last bunch. Or should I say "sexual in yer window," which I stole from a poorly written psych note several years ago. I collected poorly written notes and spelling errors and typos. Unfortunately, I lost my hard copy after leaving my job, I had emailed the list to myself and that email got deleted, but I had some wonderful bad notes. I didn't save the entire note and there was nothing to identify any patient, I just saved the errors. I wanted to put them in a book, titled "Sexual In Yer Window and other Miss Demeanors."

I hate those commercials, especially the one about the dog birthday party.  Just decline the invitation, bitch.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, SmithW6079 said:

I normally despise food-on-food cannibalism in commercials, but this one makes me laugh. It's the way Peanut says sheepishly, "We ate him."

I use Facebook, but I hate the narcissism and invasion of privacy it helped create. However, I'm loving the one about the Facebook group for basset hound owners, from the footage of the dogs on the beach to Patsy Cline's "Back in Baby's Arms."

I first saw that one not long after I finished watching Ken Burn's Country Music.  Between the two, I had to dig out my "Best of Patsy Cline" tape and listen to it.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, Bastet said:

It's much more evocative of Children of the Corn than Field of Dreams.  All of them chanting together, and the woman in the house is even named Sarah.

Plus Jamie keeps hearing voices in the corn, calling his name.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

It is! I love that commercial! My favorite is the last line about protecting your home “from mayhem, like me-owww. “

😂😂😂

Agree 1000 percent! Most commercials make me grab for the remote and hit Mute, but I LOVE Mayhem and his Billion Years of Tiger DNA. Not only don't I hit the Mute button, but I actually turn up the volume, AND I remember what company he's advertising, which is ideally what a good commercial should do.  Almost all of the Mayhem commercials have been good, but this one is at the top of the list. I hope they get some kind of advertising industry award for this one. Not only would that help make up for those brainless "focus group" ads from Chevy's ad agency that we've been suffering through for the last - what? - five or six years at least - but it would also mean that we'll have even more chances to watch Mayhem ride through the room on a Roomba. Cracks me up every time.

BTW, can anyone see what he drops on the sleeping husband? I really hope it's a mouse.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Hyacinth B said:

BTW, can anyone see what he drops on the sleeping husband? I really hope it's a mouse.

18 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I thought it was a hairball.

It squeaks when it hits his face, so I think baby mouse.  (Plus he just drops what he's holding in his mouth, rather than upchucking it.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 6
On 8/30/2019 at 10:20 PM, MargoChanning said:

I notice so many companies now including interracial relationships, families, couples, etc., which is great even if it did take this long.  But this is my favorite.  I can't really articulate why but it is just so real.  No over-the-top acting (in my opinion anyway) and not really hammering home the fact that it's an interracial wedding.  Plus, no one looks like they just walked off a runway.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjfF4iVgFg

Edited August 30 by MargoChanning · Reason: To fix link.

I've noticed that trend for awhile now, MARGOCHANNING! The sad thing is when you look at the YT posters' comments and realize how troubled many people are these days. 😞

• Love 5

I've been enjoying the Geico commercials. There's the classic "people in horror movies make poor decisions" let's head for the cemetery, and now the gecko showing a house. Creepy attic, and gecko says, enjoy your new house. lol 

• Love 11

I must be kind of twisted, because I love the Martha Stewart Postmates food delivery ads.    The interaction between her hosting, and the bizarre happenings in the viewer kitchens are hysterical.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I must be kind of twisted, because I love the Martha Stewart Postmates food delivery ads.    The interaction between her hosting, and the bizarre happenings in the view kitchens are hysterical.     

"Now turn on your broiler. Remember that you keep your sweaters in there."

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, nokat said:

I've been enjoying the Geico commercials. There's the classic "people in horror movies make poor decisions" let's head for the cemetery, and now the gecko showing a house. Creepy attic, and gecko says, enjoy your new house. lol 

Those two are my favorite! I love them suggesting hiding in the basement and attic, then blond asking why they can't just get into the running car and told she's crazy before deciding to hide behind the chainsaws. Its so funny and so perfect ending with them heading for the cemetery. I love in the Creepy attic after Gecko says that the new owner says No, nope turns off the light leaving. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'm not interested in playing the game, but I always stop what I'm doing to watch the Forge of Empires commercials. I like the game graphics but I really love the big bearded guy and freckled red-haired wife characters featured in all the ads. I gather the game is about what can be accomplished with planning and cooperation and it shows in their relationship. They're cute and funny, too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I love them suggesting hiding in the basement and attic, then blond asking why they can't just get into the running car and told she's crazy before deciding to hide behind the chainsaws. Its so funny and so perfect ending with them heading for the cemetery. 

I love the killer watching them and getting this look on his face like, "...really?" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
On 10/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

The sad thing is when you look at the YT posters' comments and realize how troubled many people are these days. 😞

Man, I wish I hadn't decided to read those. It's not like I don't know Youtube comments are some of the worst on the internet, probably tied with The Daily Mail comments, but ugghhh. People suck.

• Love 4
On 10/18/2019 at 7:08 AM, SmithW6079 said:

I use Facebook, but I hate the narcissism and invasion of privacy it helped create. However, I'm loving the one about the Facebook group for basset hound owners, from the footage of the dogs on the beach to Patsy Cline's "Back in Baby's Arms."

As many times as I've seen this one, I keep thinking I'm going to get sick of it. Hasn't happened yet.

Mainly because I love going to those types of meetups with my dog (beagle, though, not basset) and they really do light up when they're with their 'pack'. My group originated on meetup.com and then migrated over to facebook after some hassles there.

(I do hope that doesn't become too much of a trend, though - with the beagle group I don't mind it, but there are other meetup groups I belong to where I don't really want my full name broadcast to every other attendee.)

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

A while back, I posted about a furniture store commercial that I found hilarious, but couldn't find online.  Something today reminded me of it, and I looked again.  Here it is:

It cracks me up every time.

Now isn't that better?

Yes. Yes, it is.

• LOL 8
On 11/4/2019 at 5:29 PM, cynicat said:

I love the cat commercial the most (true to my name) but I'll give a shout out to the new one where he's a dog:

Dean Winters is great as usual in his "Mayhem" role, but I don't like the theme of the ad that he doesn't actually cause any mayhem because, what, State Farm now has an app that monitors its customers?

Why not just have Tina Fey wearing a fake pregnancy belly and screaming, "Don't mess with my discount?"

• Love 1