Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

Favorite Commercials

On 8/30/2019 at 10:20 PM, MargoChanning said:

I notice so many companies now including interracial relationships, families, couples, etc., which is great even if it did take this long.  But this is my favorite.  I can't really articulate why but it is just so real.  No over-the-top acting (in my opinion anyway) and not really hammering home the fact that it's an interracial wedding.  Plus, no one looks like they just walked off a runway.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjfF4iVgFg

I love this commercial!  It reminds me of my cousin's wedding last year.

• Like 4

Nicole J. Butler, who plays Cheryl of "She Shed" fame, wrote this nice article: 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/she-shed-commercial-cheryl-state-farm_n_5d693cd0e4b0488c0d13ad7f

It's a great behind-the-scenes story about the life of a typical working actor and the casting and filming processes (who knew that the director of this ad also directed "I, Tonya"?). Cool to know that her chemistry with Reggie Currelley (Victor) was natural and fun.

She seems like someone I'd enjoy knowing.

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

Nicole J. Butler, who plays Cheryl of "She Shed" fame, wrote this nice article: 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/she-shed-commercial-cheryl-state-farm_n_5d693cd0e4b0488c0d13ad7f

It's a great behind-the-scenes story about the life of a typical working actor and the casting and filming processes (who knew that the director of this ad also directed "I, Tonya"?). Cool to know that her chemistry with Reggie Currelley (Victor) was natural and fun.

She seems like someone I'd enjoy knowing.

She does seem like someone I'd enjoy knowing too.

From Nicole Butler's article about her She Shed commercial:

We tried so many different variations of the script that it was impossible to guess what the final product would look like

So maybe there was a version with "Sheesh" at the end!:

On 7/8/2019 at 1:14 PM, shapeshifter said:

Totally missed opportunity for the last line to be funnier/better
when Sheryl tells hubby: "Did you hear that? I'm getting a chichi-er She Shed?"
and he replies: "Chichi-er?"
--which, IMO, would be so much funnier/better if hubby had replied: "Sheesh."

And, also  from Nicole Butler's article about her She Shed commercial:

Since my family recovered from the shock of my announcement that I was moving to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career 22 years ago, they’ve been mostly supportive. Now I can actually feel that they are proud of me. And when people ask, “What has your daughter/sister/niece been in?” all they have to say is, “You know She Shed Cheryl?” It’s actually “real” now. And my mom’s name is Cheryl, so this is kismet. (That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.)

Awww. Cool.

• Like 13

On 9/2/2019 at 8:57 AM, seasons said:

Love this one so much!

I watch this one on repeat. The leather jacket version of this guy is smoking hot 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, blairwarner said:

I watch this one on repeat. The leather jacket version of this guy is smoking hot 

Yeah, Dude is hot with his jacket, but his date seems to like him just fine without it. I wonder if the commercial creators are patting themselves on the back for managing to get the commercial produced with an anti- consumerist message at the end.

• Like 2

Okay, The General finally did a commercial that I love and think is absolutely hysterical. The one where the guy is in his date's bathroom and her sink squirts water all over him. Then he dries his face with a towel just as she yells out to not use the white towel because it's the dog's. Cut to him pulling the towel back and all this dog hair is stuck to his face.

*dies*

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

This is an older ad, but I’ve been seeing it a lot lately.  Prince/Cool Bean reminds me of my Shadow(a black shelter rescue whose original name was Elvira).

• Like 10

I like the various Amazon Prime ads where they show someone contemplating a purchase and then see themselves in the new dress, jacket or with the new furniture, etc. I love all the music. I just find the ads entertaining and kind of upbeat. 

• Like 7

I like the Amazon commercials, I cracked up especially at the one with the Asian woman with the baby, when her "other" self finds a bottle and holds it out to her.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I like the Amazon commercials, I cracked up especially at the one with the Asian woman with the baby, when her "other" self finds a bottle and holds it out to her.

I love the "What the hell is this...?" expression on Other's face when she holds out the bottle.

• Like 2

I love the newest Farmer's Insurance one with the Sesame Street Muppets Burt, Ernie, Cookie Monster and Grover asking  the Professor about coverage for various mishaps ( the latter three since Burt seemed to be strictly there as a straight man). Not only did that one take me back to my childhood but I was so thankful that it was completely ELMO-FREE! YES! 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I love the newest Farmer's Insurance one with the Sesame Street Muppets Burt, Ernie, Cookie Monster and Grover asking  the Professor about coverage for various mishaps ( the latter three since Burt seemed to be strictly there as a straight man). Not only did that one take me back to my childhood but I was so thankful that it was completely ELMO-FREE! YES! 

I saw that one last night for the first time. It was adorable. And yes surprisingly no Elmo. 

• Like 4

On 9/11/2019 at 9:58 AM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Okay, Liberty Mutual, you accidentally amused me:

Oh, I so agree. Between the unicycle and "Taxi!" it cracks me up every time.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Like 5

On 9/8/2019 at 4:55 PM, smittykins said:

This is an older ad, but I’ve been seeing it a lot lately.  Prince/Cool Bean reminds me of my Shadow(a black shelter rescue whose original name was Elvira).

I love ALL the Shelter Pet Project ads. I wants *all* the kittehs. Except for the hairless ones. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

OMG, I love this ad.  BTW, that's the real Rudy at 0:15.

It's one of my husband's favorite movies, and he laughed his butt off.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, captain1 said:

I’m loving the new Mayhem commercial where Mayhem is a cat:

Can't wait to see Mayhem do a Husky impression! If those dogs aren't given LOTS of outdoor activities  and  undivided attention, they can totally destroy a home in no time flat via methods few humans could predict!

Oh, if only we could sic Mayhem Cat on Flo. . . 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, captain1 said:

I’m loving the new Mayhem commercial where Mayhem is a cat

I still prefer the one where Mayhem is an extra-destructive car thief. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I love the Mayhem commercials.

Me too. They are all so funny and awesome.

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I love how honest he is. Telling the guy he's a car thief and he's here to steal his car cause that's his job.

• Like 4

On 9/13/2019 at 12:21 AM, Silver Raven said:

OMG, I love this ad.  BTW, that's the real Rudy at 0:15.

That's so cool they got both Rudy's to appear in the commercial!

And here is an article about it:

https://geektyrant.com/news/kfc-releases-hilarious-trailer-for-rudy-ii-with-sean-astin-reprising-his-role

This is another commercial.

Edited by MikaelaArsenault
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, captain1 said:

I’m loving the new Mayhem commercial where Mayhem is a cat:

OMG, I am laughing so hard I can't breathe. Riding the Roomba! 

I love the actor who plays Mayhem. He really commits. And he's easy on the eyes.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I love the actor who plays Mayhem. He really commits. And he's easy on the eyes.

Haha! "... and be protected from mayhem, like meow."

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I think my favorite Mayhem ad is the GPS "recalculating..."

Well, it's almost hockey season. Wonder if Dunkin Donuts will keep using the ad with David Pastrnak? That one cracks me up every time!

• Like 1

I'm finding the Progressive commercials with Baker Mayfield pretty funny, but I wonder how many viewers know who he is.  In one he's mowing the football field and in the other he's dealing with a frustrating electrical box.

Edited by Haleth

39 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I enjoy this cover of The Beat Goes On in this Entresto commercial:

I mentioned this one prior as an annoyance.  The musician in me gets irritated that they changed the beat of the song from syncopated to jazzy.  The point of the syncopation was to tie it in to the whole "time marches on" theme.  The new one doesn't work for me.  YMMV, obviously.

• Like 1

I saw Mayhem as a tailgater tailgating to get to his tailgating party.  The guy he's tailgating is so worried about Mayhem riding his tail, that he smashes into a car in front of him, as Mayhem drives away.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

I realize this ad is probably polarizing but I know couples like this and it cracks me up every time. Go have fun and bring me back some potato skins.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 6:10 AM, Ashforth said:

I was going to come here and say cats don't do that much damage, but my six month old kitten has climbed ALL of my drapes, bit clean through two earbud cords and put teeny teeth marks into a charger cord and killed it.  But I love her.

Edited by cpcathy
  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1

It’s the way he shoves stuff off the counter that kills me. My first cat would sit right in front of me on the coffee table, stare directly into my eyes, then—“tap, tap, tap, WHACK” and the thing goes flying. I learned early never to use breakable glasses with her around.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Paula Poundstone says if the earth was really flat, the edge would be lined with cats knocking things over it. My cat likes to knock things off the coffee table until she has enough room to lie down and nap.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, Sharpie66 said:

It’s the way he shoves stuff off the counter that kills me. My first cat would sit right in front of me on the coffee table, stare directly into my eyes, then—“tap, tap, tap, WHACK” and the thing goes flying. I learned early never to use breakable glasses with her around.

In the case of my cats, when they knock things off a table, it's more that they were playing with it and it just kinda fell off. And then they sit there and stare at it after it falls on the floor, like they're waiting for it to do something or for somebody to pick it up and give it back to them so they can keep playing :p.

Your mention of things going flying reminds me of the time one of my cats was playing with a toy mouse. She was rolling around on the floor with it and everything, and then she hit it HARD, and it went flying across the living room. I've lost count of how many toys we've eventually found under the couch or counters or so forth due to the cats throwing and pushing them around. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

In the case of my cats, when they knock things off a table, it's more that they were playing with it and it just kinda fell off. And then they sit there and stare at it after it falls on the floor, like they're waiting for it to do something or for somebody to pick it up and give it back to them so they can keep playing :p.

Your mention of things going flying reminds me of the time one of my cats was playing with a toy mouse. She was rolling around on the floor with it and everything, and then she hit it HARD, and it went flying across the living room. I've lost count of how many toys we've eventually found under the couch or counters or so forth due to the cats throwing and pushing them around. 

Years ago, the hubs and I got home to discover that our 4 month old kitten had pulled the Christmas tree over, dragged the lights down the hall, and scattered the ornaments. I was finding ornaments under things for months --- with one exception. About 5 years later, we had to buy a new washing machine. When we rolled the old one away, there was a soft cloth Christmas ornament on the floor where the washer had been. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

2 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Years ago, the hubs and I got home to discover that our 4 month old kitten had pulled the Christmas tree over, dragged the lights down the hall, and scattered the ornaments. I was finding ornaments under things for months --- with one exception. About 5 years later, we had to buy a new washing machine. When we rolled the old one away, there was a soft cloth Christmas ornament on the floor where the washer had been. 

LOL, oh, my god. That's crazy. 

Ours have been really good about our Christmas trees, thankfully. If an ornament happens to fall off the tree, they might bat at it a little, but they don't touch the tree itself. They just like to nap under it :p. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

This ad makes me happy.  I love the joyous people.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/oE_3/fleet-set-yourself-free

Indeed, there are times when being able to take a shit is the best feeling in the world. Constipation is terrible. Still a little icky that a suppository/enema is the reason for the happy, just because the image of what led to the dance...

And that brings to mind an ancient quote from M*A*S*H*: suppositories, the bullet of health. LOL

• Laugh 5

On 9/14/2019 at 11:56 PM, shapeshifter said:

WHAT???!!!???

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

On 9/17/2019 at 7:17 PM, chessiegal said:

Paula Poundstone says if the earth was really flat, the edge would be lined with cats knocking things over it. My cat likes to knock things off the coffee table until she has enough room to lie down and nap.

My Maine Coon settles himself on one end of my desk and then just spreads-himself-out like a lava flow - anything in his way is just displaced, shoved aside, knocked to the floor until he has sufficient room for His Comfort. All the time he watches me, blinking languidly.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 6

On 9/17/2019 at 8:13 PM, Annber03 said:

LOL, oh, my god. That's crazy. 

Ours have been really good about our Christmas trees, thankfully. If an ornament happens to fall off the tree, they might bat at it a little, but they don't touch the tree itself. They just like to nap under it :p. 

That's the only cat I ever had that did something like that. All my others just napped under the tree or batted at the ornaments on the lower branches. 

• Like 4

The Chantix cold turkey commercials are my favorite.   I did notice that they have recently changed the camping turkey commercial.  He now throws strawberries into the pot instead of some blue things which he used to throw into the pot.

I could watch that turkey walk around all day long.  

I think there are four or five different commercials.  

Pretty cool watching him drive his car and watching him paddle his paddle board.

IIRC, he also mows the lawn, fills the bird feeder, and makes lemonade among other things.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 9

19 hours ago, Colleenna said:

batted at the ornaments on the lower branches. 

Which is why I would hang expired rabies tags on the bottom branches. I had my ornaments, they had theirs.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

batted at the ornaments on the lower branches. 

I bought a set of 6 plastic bell ornaments at a Kresge's, which will tell you how old they are, because my cat liked to bat the ornaments. I still have 4 of them!

Count me as another Chantix turkey fan. I'm generally opposed to prescription meds being advertised, but these ads are very sweet. 

• Like 2

On 9/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, Pickles said:

I like the various Amazon Prime ads where they show someone contemplating a purchase and then see themselves in the new dress, jacket or with the new furniture, etc. I love all the music. I just find the ads entertaining and kind of upbeat. 

I like these commercials as well.  The one with the lady with red hair seeing herself wearing a red dress!  OMG girl crush! 😍 She is smoking HAWT in that dress

I've seen this a few times now but it is still so funny to me.  His ascot wears an ascot!  Now that is FANCY! 

Edited by Dirtybubble · Reason: Forgot link
  • Like 1