Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I found a contender for Best Commercial on TV.  Sorry, they don't have it online yet, but it is for Church's Chicken, and this man and his son pick up the food, and the boy gets in the minivan and locks the doors!  Eating his Church's chicken in front of Dad who isn't very happy about it!

• Love 2
DrSpaceman73, on 02 Apr 2016 - 4:38 PM, said:

Cookie Monster is the best commercial on right now. I feel so bad for him at the end.

I also love The Settlers for DirecTV.

What's really funny is that there are two jars of cookies on one side of the stove, and two bags of cookies on the other.  Yet he's still waiting on the fresh baked.  Not that I blame him.  It's definitely one of my favorite commercials ever.

• Love 7
(edited)

Here!

I told my chemo nurse about this commercial and she got emotional just hearing about it (that the young man shows up in a tux to pick up his prom date and she is bald and beautiful).

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 5
(edited)

Noah Hathaway was Atreyu. Bastian rode Falcor, I believe.

Though it does look like it could be him.

ETA: Oh, and Spotify? Stories are forever too. Just ask Shakespeare.

Edited by roamyn

Noah Hathaway was Atreyu. Bastian rode Falcor, I believe.

Though it does look like it could be him.

Atreyu rode Falcor for most of the movie. Bastian only rode him at the end.

• Love 1
(edited)

I keep watching the Quilted Northern "Artisanal" toilet paper ad over & over, giggling:

http://boingboing.net/2016/04/01/quilted-northerns-nod-to-mak.html

OMG, I didn't think the Quilted Northern ads could get any more twisted! I know it was just for April Fool's, but I love it!

I am also loving the Chase commercial with the dad dressing up as a fairy princess to surprise his daughter at her birthday party. He just seems like such a good guy; it makes me feel all happy and fuzzy.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 7
(edited)

That "Artisinal" Quilted Northern ad makes me think of what my son always says about cheap toilet paper: "It's John Wayne toilet paper - rough, tough and won't take shit off nobody"

Edited by captain1
  • Love 9

Love how such a simple game brings them such joy.  :)

I'm so glad you posted this commercial, and especially at that POINT in the commercial.  That sweet little baby in that scene bats her eyelashes at her mother, and it makes me melt every time,  Cutest thing I ever did see!

• Love 7

Don't know if anyone else has commented, but I love the Chase ad where the (single?) dad dresses up as a fairy for his daughter's party. I get a l'il lump in my throat every time I see it.

Here it is:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXF03slRxfY

I love that commercial; dad doing dad stuff to make his daughter happy. And his dress matched hers! It does't appear that he's a single dad. There's a shadowdy photo of a woman when he is getting ready and the same woman at the party and at the end.

• Love 4

Since they showed Cookie in the bedroom, dining room and on the porch I'm assuming there will be a series of commercials with him.

Also, Cookie Monster has good taste. That's a nice house.

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 3

I don't know who he is, I don't understand the commercial and you kids get off my lawn.

Jason Statham usually plays the villain, and he is usually bald.  It took me a while to finally figure this commercial out, and now I laugh at loud every time I see it!

Jason Statham usually plays the villain, and he is usually bald.  It took me a while to finally figure this commercial out, and now I laugh at loud every time I see it!

Actually it's more of a 50/50 mix between hero and villain, but the action in his films tends to be over the top, as spoofed in "Spy" where he had a monologue about nearly dying multiple times including going off a cliff (or was it a bridge) on a car on fire, and he was on fire, not the car.  I thought of that scene when I saw him on the motorcycle on fire.

On the first page of this thread I posted about my love for a sentimental 1981 McDonald's commercial. Here's one from 1970 that I love just as much, for opposite reasons -- it's so cheery and cheesy and up-tempo. And it's kind of mind-boggling to imagine (even though I was there for it, and all the guys in my army band were as amused by it as I was) a time when the way to sell your product was to stage a zippy musical production number. Watch for a young John Amos, among other future stars:

• Love 5

I worked background on the Jason Statham commercial!  We filmed on New York Street at Paramount Studios. I was there for several scenes, but the only time I caught a quick glimpse of myself was in the restaurant. 

• Love 11

I worked background on the Jason Statham commercial!  We filmed on New York Street at Paramount Studios. I was there for several scenes, but the only time I caught a quick glimpse of myself was in the restaurant. 

That is so cool!

Well, count me in with the hundreds of thousands, but the talons up on the desk as he kicks back to read the paper (in what instantly made me think of Mulder and Scully's basement office on The X-Files for some reason) did give me a chuckle.

• Love 2

Oh.

I didn't post a link because I didn't want to show the payoff and what the commercial was for. I think it had much more impact that way.

Yeah, it definitely loses something when you can see her before you watch the video.

• Love 2

The irony of John Amos being in that McDonald's commercial is that years later he would star in "Coming to America" as the owner of a very McDonalds-like fast food restaurant.

I love that movie. It's one of a few I still like to watch even though I've seen it before.

• Love 6

On the first page of this thread I posted about my love for a sentimental 1981 McDonald's commercial. Here's one from 1970 that I love just as much, for opposite reasons -- it's so cheery and cheesy and up-tempo. And it's kind of mind-boggling to imagine (even though I was there for it, and all the guys in my army band were as amused by it as I was) a time when the way to sell your product was to stage a zippy musical production number. Watch for a young John Amos, among other future stars:

Look how old they are, they're all grown men. Not only do you never see a McDonalds with only adults working in it, if they made this commercial today, they wouldn't even think about using an adult.

• Love 4

Look how old they are, they're all grown men. Not only do you never see a McDonalds with only adults working in it, if they made this commercial today, they wouldn't even think about using an adult.

Except there are plenty of adults working at McDonald's and other fast-food chains trying to support families, hence the push for a $15/hour minimum wage
  • Love 8