Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I love the new Maytag ads featuring Mike Rowe as various appliances - especially the one where he is the (always running) refrigerator. I'll have to figure out how to embed the video.

The actor is Colin Ferguson, from the series "Eureka" and "Haven".

• Love 4
(edited)

This was one of my all-time favorite commercials, and I only ever saw it once, during the Super Bowl.

And these, also from the Super Bowl, from careerbuilder.com. I thought they were hilarious, as I've spent my entire career in corporate settings. My husband, who runs a small business, thought they were amusing but not nearly as funny as I found them. I thought they were so much funnier than the "I work with monkeys" series, but those were the ones that seemed to stick.

Edited by Queasy-bo
  • Love 1
(edited)

"Who's your daddy?" 

"Not me, not me!"

Hip spectacles, no testicles - that's right, he lost his pair of balls... Everybody sing!

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2

How is it that I have never seen Scooter the Neutered Cat before?  What a great ad!!  

I also love the commercial for some sort of fuel efficient car, a Honda maybe, where the two guys are driving across country learning Spanish from a CD.  By the time they have to stop for gas, they are arguing fluently in Spanish with each other.  

• Love 4

Gary Busey.  The ultimate commercial.  Perfect match of spokesperson and product.  Wanted to comment on the post Sarah and Tara put up today but my computer at work won't allow me to create the account needed for me to post.  I too had no idea he was saying Amazon Fire but from now on, whenever I hear him say that, I'll be thinking Amazon Fart.  Thank you so very, very much.

Usually I hit mute the minute a commercial comes on and no matter how amusing it might seem at first, by the third time I watch it, the charm is gone.  Hate all the shouting and the horrible, horrible jingle music.  Hate all the precocious kids.  But this commercial I always watch full volume, and I always laugh.  A man, a lamp, and a pair of pants.  Apparently that's all it takes.

In my opinion, TV needs more Gary Busey.  Who wouldn't watch a late-night talk show hosted by Gary Busey?  How about a building him a show where a dozen women compete to be his girlfriend?  No way that wouldn't be more interesting than The Bachelor.  

• Love 3

Amid some controversy, Coca Cola has pulled recent Diet Coke ads with the tagline, "You're On." People were mocking the ad campaign, claiming that it appeared to be saying, "You're On Coke." And, if you check out some of the pics, it does look a little like that. 

As a result, Coke has pulled the ad campaign and replaced it with one of my favorite 80s/early 90s campaigns: "Just For the Taste of It... Diet Coke." Check out the new commercial which is quickly becoming one of my favorites, simply for the classic tagline: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTfVsAs4Ybs

• Love 3
(edited)

I am weird so I have some commercials that make my day.  I have a secret crush on Kevin from the Aleve commercial.  I like twerking to the Norfolk Southern commercial.  And I lol every time I see the "A Place for Mom" when the woman says the nursing home was "magnificent"...yeah I am sure it was lol.

Edited by blanchowens
  • Love 2

Although it seems weird for states to advertise, I think the 'Pure Michigan' commercials are very well done. I always recognize them when they begin, so I guess they've gotten their brand across.

• Love 1

We don't get Michigan ads in Georgia, but we do get 'em for Asheville, NC.  Shows different scenes of people either doing stuff they hate or sitting in boring meetings when their cell phones ring.  "Asheville's Calling!"   Not the catchiest, but not the worst, either.

I am weird so I have some commercials that make my day.  I have a secret crush on Kevin from the Aleve commercial.  I like twerking to the Norfolk Southern commercial.  And I lol every time I see the "A Place for Mom" when the woman says the nursing home was "magnificent"...yeah I am sure it was lol.

Shady Pines.

• Love 3
(edited)

Snickers used to have some awesome ads. I used to sing "pretty pretty panda" to my tuxedo cat and still use Great Googly Moogly on occasion.

Stop me before I add more! I loved this Staples ad and can't believe it doesn't air every August!

And from Office Max. My favorite part is giving a dictionary to the kids who misspelled lemonade.

Edited by ABay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Celebrity endorsements usually get on my nerves, but I love the commercial for Amazon Fire with Gary Busey and the one for GoDaddy.com with Jean-Claude Van Damme. Something about Gary's enormous teeth when he says "Hello, pants." makes me laugh uncontrollably. And the person in the GoDaddy ads will be doing something really normal, and then Jean Claude will just appear and play musical instruments while doing gymnastic moves.

I also love the one for this internet service where the techs are installing it at a company, and one of them starts flirting with the female employee by saying, "Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven?" And she gets this pleased look on her face and says, "A little." Then the other guy takes Mr. Flirty by the collar and starts trying to haul him through the hole in the ceiling so they can get back to work. It's just adorable.

• Love 3
I wouldn't say this is a favorite commercial of mine but it's clever:

http://indulgd.com/p...-will-ever-see/

The ending was so not what I expected that I think I'm a little more disturbed than I would be if there had actually been a scary ending.

I remember that shortly after the Rubberband Man Staples commercials were airing, My Name Is Earl came on, and that actor was on there, and I was so disappointed because that probably meant that he wouldn't keep doing more.

New fav, so new it's not up on ispot.tv yet: There's a golden retriever with his head sticking out of a car window, as dogs do, and then a motorcycle rider comes up next to them, long blond hair blowing in the breeze beneath his helmet. Dog and biker bond over the joy of the open road, riding with the wind in your hair. Biker puts his head back and howls, dog follows suit.

• Love 2

Some of the "Did you know" Geico commercials get on my damn nerves, but I love the first trick.    "Looketh over there."   "Made you look."  "So endeth the trick."   I crack up every time they are on.   I think its the "eths."

• Love 7
(edited)
I LOVE an old Staples commercial for back to school.  The one with the dad riding around on a cart smiling while the kids drag behind all to the tune of "The Msot Wonderful Time of the Year".

I posted that one earlier on this page ^, ispansy.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 1

I love the Jello pudding cups commercial with the little red-headed boy talking to his dad after his first day of school while eating his pudding. After telling his dad about his day, he says, "I'm wrecked." His dad tells him that tomorrow will be better and he exclaims, "I have to go back?! Better make it double."

The little kid always makes me laugh.

• Love 2

There's this one ad for Ballpark Franks, citing them as the best invention in the world. The voiceover claims that the best invention of the world is not the cotton gin. Cue a man who's dressed as Eli Whitney, groaning "Oh man," and just destroying the cotton gin in frustration. It cracks me up every time.

• Love 1

Moat Sportscenter commercials work for me but the one with the duck mascot is my favorite.

I think the mascot is for the Oregon? And he's toiling away at his Sportscenter office desk job staring wistfully out the window at other real life ducks in a pond outside the office complex.

Such is the life of a worker duck.