Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

This commercial for Lifetime cracks me up every time. I, too, want to know what happened to the baby. (Video is not the greatest quality but it's the only one I can find.)

The version I've been seeing on tv recently has a different guy at the end saying "Does Amber forgive Jessica?" which is funnier to me than this version.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, redpencil said:

This commercial for Lifetime cracks me up every time. I, too, want to know what happened to the baby. (Video is not the greatest quality but it's the only one I can find.)

The version I've been seeing on tv recently has a different guy at the end saying "Does Amber forgive Jessica?" which is funnier to me than this version.

That was funny! And spot on about Lifetime movies.

• Love 3

I like the new Captain Obvious commercial with him sitting in a chair and simulating washing his hands, The chyron says - "This is Captain Obvious. He's going to be socially distancing. You should too. " Well done hotels.com, well done.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I like the new Captain Obvious commercial with him sitting in a chair and simulating washing his hands, The chyron says - "This is Captain Obvious. He's going to be socially distancing. You should too. " Well done hotels.com, well done.

Just saw that one tonight.  Well done indeed.

• Love 2

In trying to find information about grocery delivery other than Walmart, I spent some internet time on Shipt. Now, of course, I get a lot of internet ads for them. Some of them are really cute. I wouldn't exactly call them favorites, but they are cute. 

• Love 1

Finally someone uploaded the Liberty Mutual seagull commercial to YouTube. 

Also, the Downey wrinkle guard commercial with the poor teenage kid misunderstanding the ruckus his grandparents were making in the closet just slayed me. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I kinda like that current Geico commercial with the guy rocking out to "Wild Thing". He's just so into it :D. 

I can't  hear "Wild Thing" without  thinking of  baseball  pitcher  Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams. 

Sigh. I miss baseball.  And hockey.

• Love 4

New chantix turkey commercial!  This time the turkey is volunteering at a fair: getting dunked at a dunk tank, running a game stall and a cotton candy stand, selling tickets.

• Love 7
On 4/4/2020 at 10:35 AM, Colleenna said:

Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams. 

I am STILL bitter as hell over his 1994 WS performance...yes, I know there have been 25 World Series since, I hold grudges!

This will always and forever be my favorite commercial:

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I am loving the new Geico commercial featuring the couple with the Ratt problem.

YES! Brings back high school memories hearing 'Round and Round' and I noticed they have the woman crouching down when they are in the cellar like the video.

• Love 2

The RATT ad was made for a very specific group of people and I am here for it.

”Round and Round” is one of my favorite songs of all time.  My sister’s boyfriend at the time copied the album to a cassette for me and I still have it.  (On the other side of the tape...Tommy Shaw)

• Love 9
On 4/9/2020 at 12:15 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the Geico clogging commercial.   The clogging is very well done, and the people who live downstairs have the perfect reactions.  

I love it too.  I wonder if that is a real clogging family act.  They're really in unison. 

• Love 5

On another board where I post there was a recent debate on Hunts vs. Heinz ketchup. (Running out of things to post about during the Current Unpleasantness.) I’m going to have to give my vote to Heinz based on their current “I’ll Be There” commercial. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

On another board where I post there was a recent debate on Hunts vs. Heinz ketchup. (Running out of things to post about during the Current Unpleasantness.) I’m going to have to give my vote to Heinz based on their current “I’ll Be There” commercial. 

Honestly, I so seldom eat ketchup, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference unless it was a side by side comparison.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I'm pretty sure I saw that ad and all I could think was that the last thing I'm worried about running out of right now is ketchup.

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I'm pretty sure I saw that ad and all I could think was that the last thing I'm worried about running out of right now is ketchup.

It’s so hilariously creepy. I didn’t even think of the slogan as being related to the current situation. But I’m sure that’s the point. Silly me! 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I'm not sure I've ever had Hunts ketchup. If I buy a brand name, it's usually Heinz, otherwise I just get the generic store brand.

• Love 2

I know there have been other versions,  but I'm loving the current Intuit Tax ad with people doing the wobbly-leg dance to a hip hop jingle : ALL People are TAX People. I especially laugh at the little woman dancing on top of the toilet seat!

For the RATT ad, I’m pretty sure the album “Round and Round” is on is called “Out of the Cellar”.

Subtle choice on their part to have RATT start in the cellar and then move around the house.

(I know most people call it a basement, but in my parents house we have always called it a cellar, cuz no one wants to spend any more time down there than is absolutely necessary)

• Love 8

I love that in the State Farm Commercial, where they have all these different employees talking about the refund/credit people who are insured with them will get, they have the employees' names by their talking heads, and one of them is "Jake From State Farm".  All the rest have their first and last names.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 4/18/2020 at 4:46 AM, mojoween said:

(I know most people call it a basement, but in my parents house we have always called it a cellar, cuz no one wants to spend any more time down there than is absolutely necessary)

There actually is a difference between a cellar and a basement.  A basement is structurally part of the house, is built all or in part as the underground portion of the foundation.  They usually have a cement floor and can be made habitable.  A cellar is a hole dug under the house, not part of the foundation, and usually with a dirt floor.  Mostly used only for storage and tended to be cool for storing roots, bulbs, canned goods, wine, at an even cool temperature.  They are rarely built in order to be made habitable, e.g. plumbing, heating, drywall, etc.

I’ll take “useless information that nobody cares about for $400 Alex.”

• Useful 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

There actually is a difference between a cellar and a basement.  A basement is structurally part of the house, is built all or in part as the underground portion of the foundation.  They usually have a cement floor and can be made habitable.  A cellar is a hole dug under the house, not part of the foundation, and usually with a dirt floor.  Mostly used only for storage and tended to be cool for storing roots, bulbs, canned goods, wine, at an even cool temperature.  They are rarely built in order to be made habitable, e.g. plumbing, heating, drywall, etc.

I’ll take “useless information that nobody cares about for $400 Alex.”

There is a house in my parents neighborhood that is seven stories. They have both a basement and a cellar. My grandma's farm had a spring house. It was this little stone house with a creek running through it. They used to store buttermilk out there.

• Love 4
On 4/16/2020 at 1:34 PM, peacheslatour said:

Honestly, I so seldom eat ketchup, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference unless it was a side by side comparison.

Ketchup is  an abomination  unto the  lord.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2