Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, topanga said:

I like the one with Flo introducing the new agent to the family.

I think it's the teenage boy going, "You're not my dad!" Cracks me up every time. 

IIRC that gets yelled at Jamie, who's been in a few ads, usually as the butt of a joke.

• LOL 1
On 8/13/2019 at 1:46 PM, friendperidot said:

But what does Slow Turkey do for a living to pay for that house? Being a spokes model must really pay well!

I just think about all the money he's saving by not smoking. Cigs are expensive! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, topanga said:

I like the one with Flo introducing the new agent to the family.

I think it's the teenage boy going, "You're not my dad!" Cracks me up every time. 

That's not Flo.  The woman is a Progressive customer.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

That's not Flo.  The woman is a Progressive customer.

How is it a good thing for a customer to have to spend so much time with her insurance agent that she's introducing him to her family? The ads used to brag about how quick and easy things were because of that pricing tool they had.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I love the Sling Slinging commercials with Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman (who are married IRL), and I love them.

Mileage truly does vary. I'm mostly indifferent to commercials, but I find the sexual innuendo childish and offensive.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Love 8
On 8/17/2019 at 10:12 PM, ShortyMac said:

I love the Sling Slinging commercials with Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman (who are married IRL), and I love them.

I love those too! But then, I have a massive crush on Megan that goes waaaay back. SO I'm partial. They crack me up, though. 

• Love 1

I get a laugh out of the 3 old broads drinking some kind of canned beverage that ends in 'RITA'. I love their fashion excess of color, pattern and cheap jewelry- especially the one who blares out 'Alcohol' as the most important selling point.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I like the  snickers one about the patient who somehow ends up with the doctor's phone inside him.  Cracks me up every time I see it, "we're going to fix this, needless to say" 😁

• Love 4
On 8/21/2019 at 4:22 PM, cynicat said:

This is in the running to become my favorite Farmer's Insurance commercial of all time:

That is my worst nightmare. 😨

I don't watch celebrity roasts, and Alec Baldwin can be pretty douchey, but I am finding his self-deprecating commercials for his celebrity roast to be hilarious. I especially like the one where his acting class improvs him to 1984, and he's a doctor. When he asks what he's doing, the old lady says he's delivering his wife, Hilaria.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/21/2019 at 1:22 PM, cynicat said:

This is in the running to become my favorite Farmer's Insurance commercial of all time:

Oh, me too! I tried counting the clowns and gave up at 14. They're all so comically sincere, and each one seems to have his or her little dramatic routine. I especially love the second one crying into her kerchief and the last one who somehow pops up in the back seat and is just as startled by the driver as the driver is at seeing him. Apologies (heh!) to anyone who is genuinely afraid of clowns, but these are just pure fun to me.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CoderLady said:

Apologies (heh!) to anyone who is genuinely afraid of clowns, but these are just pure fun to me.

I'm not afraid of them, but I find them creepy - not in the "I'm scared of you" sense, but in the "You're a freak I so thoroughly don't get I'd rather not be around you" sense - so the commercial falls flat for me.  Like the one that understands geometry, I'm missing the gene that finds clowns funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The new Little Caesar's pizza commercial, with the 'Quattro Brothers'! They assure us that even though they look exactly alike, they have different sized feet. One has clown shoe-style feet and one has tiny baby feet. In a second ad, the one with the tiny baby feet also sings horribly.

I guess I'm easily amused.

4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

The new Little Caesar's pizza commercial, with the 'Quattro Brothers'! They assure us that even though they look exactly alike, they have different sized feet. One has clown shoe-style feet and one has tiny baby feet. In a second ad, the one with the tiny baby feet also sings horribly.

I guess I'm easily amused.

I'm not big on pizza and my husband loves it.  We can never agree on toppings, and this intrigued me. 

There are two new "Limu and Doug" commercials.  In one, Limu and Doug's girlfriends are attending a ceremony to see the duo being presented the Key to the City.   My son told me that Limu and Doug have a Twitter account...and a pod cost.  Is this a great country or what?

• Love 8

I wouldn't call this a favorite commercial, but the casting of the jerk driver ("Wanna go, bro????!!!!!") in the latest State Farm ad for its safe driving app is perfect.

The actor looks familiar but I can't place him. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I wouldn't call this a favorite commercial, but the casting of the jerk driver ("Wanna go, bro????!!!!!") in the latest State Farm ad for its safe driving app is perfect.

This is our absolutely FAVORITE commercial at the moment.  Both hubby and I watch it and laugh every single time he says "WOO!" I think it is because he reminds me of my deceased brother (and that's not a bad thing).

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Apparently from the YT comments the guy screaming in the one car is named Chris Owen who was in the American Pie movies. The people commenting were calling him "The Sherminator" which seems to stem from those movies. Even though the earlier ones came out around the time where I would have been in the age group to watch them willingly I didn't.

For some reason, I love the Spectrum commercials with the Mummy, the ventriloquist's dummy, the dumb guy with the horns. I laugh at every commercial. One of the most recent commercials was even filmed at my local outdoor mall.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I just saw an ad for the NFL with Betty White, where she says, "100 years of Bears and Packers.  There's only one thing more badass than that, and you're lookin' at her."

Via the Sunday Night Football Twitter page, here's the commercial:

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I notice so many companies now including interracial relationships, families, couples, etc., which is great even if it did take this long.  But this is my favorite.  I can't really articulate why but it is just so real.  No over-the-top acting (in my opinion anyway) and not really hammering home the fact that it's an interracial wedding.  Plus, no one looks like they just walked off a runway.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjfF4iVgFg

Edited by MargoChanning
To fix link.
  • Love 10

There's something about the little girl in this Bob's Discount Furniture ad that I just love.  "It's a chair!"  I think it's how she says it the second time.

Edited by cynicat
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, cynicat said:

I think it's how she says it the second time.

It is.  I saw that commercial on TV the other night and changed the channel, because it was a kid followed by obnoxious VO about a sale -- pass.  This time I watched it through to the end, and, yes, that second "It's a chair" is perfect - her voice and mannerism.

• Love 3
On 8/13/2019 at 5:59 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

Not only do I like the Chantix Turkey, I like his house. When he comes home after surfing, I look at that exterior and say, "I want that house."

I knew I'd find people here that love the slow turkey commercials.  And I love his house and cute little retro truck too.  I get like a kid whenever they come on.  Now whenever I drive home and wild turkeys are crossing in front of me I call them the slow turkeys and hear that music in my mind!  And yes, they are pretty slow!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2019 at 10:13 AM, captain1 said:

I love the Chantix Slow Turkey - but I confess to being a little worried about him.  He seems so solitary!  I guess there is no Mrs. Turkey, but he doesn't seem to have any friends to go on his awesome camping and paddle boarding excursions!

On 8/12/2019 at 8:06 PM, janie jones said:

I love the Chantix turkey.  I think he's so adorable.  But I don't feel bad for him.  Some people like to do stuff alone.

32 minutes ago, Yeah No said:
On 8/13/2019 at 4:59 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

Not only do I like the Chantix Turkey, I like his house. When he comes home after surfing, I look at that exterior and say, "I want that house."

I knew I'd find people here that love the slow turkey commercials.  And I love his house

I saw the Chantix Turkey for the first time when I was with my mom in hospice care in June. She has only been able to say a word or two at a time for the last year because of Parkinson's. She is still sharp mentally, but her body doesn't work anymore except for the parts that are keeping her alive. 
Anyway,
I was lying next to her on the bed and glanced up from my iPad to see the Chantix commercial for the first time, and I said, "What's that?!" because, y'all know, it was so out of context,
and my mom managed to say, "Turkey,"
--which is how I know she's still able to think.

So I like seeing the commercial, but in a different way than intended.
I must have seen it a half dozen times before I realized it was for smoking cessation.
I almost never see it at home on my over-the-air channels. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I knew I'd find people here that love the slow turkey commercials.  And I love his house and cute little retro truck too.  I get like a kid whenever they come on.  Now whenever I drive home and wild turkeys are crossing in front of me I call them the slow turkeys and hear that music in my mind!  And yes, they are pretty slow!

Lucky you, to encounter wild turkeys crossing the road!  Wildlife has been pretty much crowded out of Silicon Valley where I live, but a few wild turkeys settled in a suburban trailerpark awhile back and we've been blessed with their offspring wandering around from time to time.  A big tom spent the night in a tree behind my backyard a couple of years ago, then explored the cul de sac in front of my house for several hours on a quiet Sunday morning, ignoring the people walking dogs and retrieving their cars parked on the street -- we all stared at him, but he wasn't interested in us.  They are huge and the blue neck with red wattles is impressive, not to mention that gigantic multi-colored flared tail!  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I knew I'd find people here that love the slow turkey commercials.  And I love his house and cute little retro truck too. 

Isn’t that the same house the guys rented in American Pie 2?

On 8/30/2019 at 10:20 PM, MargoChanning said:

I notice so many companies now including interracial relationships, families, couples, etc., which is great even if it did take this long.  But this is my favorite.  I can't really articulate why but it is just so real.  No over-the-top acting (in my opinion anyway) and not really hammering home the fact that it's an interracial wedding.  Plus, no one looks like they just walked off a runway.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjfF4iVgFg

I love this commercial!  It reminds me of my cousin's wedding last year.

• Love 4

Nicole J. Butler, who plays Cheryl of "She Shed" fame, wrote this nice article: 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/she-shed-commercial-cheryl-state-farm_n_5d693cd0e4b0488c0d13ad7f

It's a great behind-the-scenes story about the life of a typical working actor and the casting and filming processes (who knew that the director of this ad also directed "I, Tonya"?). Cool to know that her chemistry with Reggie Currelley (Victor) was natural and fun.

She seems like someone I'd enjoy knowing.

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

Nicole J. Butler, who plays Cheryl of "She Shed" fame, wrote this nice article: 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/she-shed-commercial-cheryl-state-farm_n_5d693cd0e4b0488c0d13ad7f

It's a great behind-the-scenes story about the life of a typical working actor and the casting and filming processes (who knew that the director of this ad also directed "I, Tonya"?). Cool to know that her chemistry with Reggie Currelley (Victor) was natural and fun.

She seems like someone I'd enjoy knowing.

She does seem like someone I'd enjoy knowing too.

From Nicole Butler's article about her She Shed commercial:

We tried so many different variations of the script that it was impossible to guess what the final product would look like

So maybe there was a version with "Sheesh" at the end!:

On 7/8/2019 at 1:14 PM, shapeshifter said:

Totally missed opportunity for the last line to be funnier/better
when Sheryl tells hubby: "Did you hear that? I'm getting a chichi-er She Shed?"
and he replies: "Chichi-er?"
--which, IMO, would be so much funnier/better if hubby had replied: "Sheesh."

And, also  from Nicole Butler's article about her She Shed commercial:

Since my family recovered from the shock of my announcement that I was moving to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career 22 years ago, they’ve been mostly supportive. Now I can actually feel that they are proud of me. And when people ask, “What has your daughter/sister/niece been in?” all they have to say is, “You know She Shed Cheryl?” It’s actually “real” now. And my mom’s name is Cheryl, so this is kismet. (That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.)

Awww. Cool.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, blairwarner said:

I watch this one on repeat. The leather jacket version of this guy is smoking hot 

Yeah, Dude is hot with his jacket, but his date seems to like him just fine without it. I wonder if the commercial creators are patting themselves on the back for managing to get the commercial produced with an anti- consumerist message at the end.

• Love 2

Okay, The General finally did a commercial that I love and think is absolutely hysterical. The one where the guy is in his date's bathroom and her sink squirts water all over him. Then he dries his face with a towel just as she yells out to not use the white towel because it's the dog's. Cut to him pulling the towel back and all this dog hair is stuck to his face.

*dies*

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I like the various Amazon Prime ads where they show someone contemplating a purchase and then see themselves in the new dress, jacket or with the new furniture, etc. I love all the music. I just find the ads entertaining and kind of upbeat. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I like the Amazon commercials, I cracked up especially at the one with the Asian woman with the baby, when her "other" self finds a bottle and holds it out to her.

I love the "What the hell is this...?" expression on Other's face when she holds out the bottle.

• Love 2