Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I do like that the Sling commercials changed from that couple being inadvertently creepy to Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman being purposely creepy, it's a lot funnier that way. I crack up at the one where they're calling out to the neighbor couple walking by, "Come Sling with us! Bring your mom!"

• Love 11
On 1/1/2019 at 2:31 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

I do too. It's one of my faves.

Just saw a new Mayhem one today. Loved it. 

Mayhem Car thief...

Add me (and my kids) to the Hump Day! fans. They played that one a lot during Mets games (back when we watched them on cable). Oh, and the Buster Posey one for a different company ("Who's ready to have a baby?"), which I probably shouldn't have liked, but did.

• Love 5

I saw the secret agent being chased answering the call from his mother. "The squirrels are in the attic. Your father won't call an exterminator. He says it's personal now." I love that one! I'm hoping to see the Hump Day one soon.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, frenchtoast said:

I saw the secret agent being chased answering the call from his mother. "The squirrels are in the attic. Your father won't call an exterminator. He says it's personal now." I love that one!

Oh, I love that one!  I've only seen Maxwell and Hump Day, and I hate both of those.  I'll probably be subjected to the cavemen next.

• Love 3

I love the squirrels high celebrating, Hump Day, Maxwell, and one I completely forgot about the guy calling collecting "Its Bob we had a baby its a boy." I completely forgot people used to do that to get out of paying collect.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I would legit watch that "Tiny House" show. Come on, TLC. Make this happen!

I remember when that commercial first came out, before it was revealed at the end it was a Geico ad, some people actually thought it was the premise for a new reality series :p. I can totally see that being a thing. As for the cavemen one, when I see that now I just remember that they actually tried to make a TV series about the cavemen characters back in the day. To nobody's surprise, it flopped pretty damn hard. 

One of my favorite old Geico ads is the soap opera one, with the guy telling the girl he's seeing on the side that he saved by switching to Geico. "I saved. I thought that meant something to you."

As for other commercials I'm enjoying, it's an area one, but there's a station out of southern Minnesota that's got an ad talking about turning to them for all business/school closings when winter storms hit. In the ad, it shows these two dogs sitting around looking all sad, with a voiceover talking about how lonely they are during the day when kids go to school. Then it shows them hearing the local news anchor announce that all schools have been closed, and they're all excited and go running upstairs to cuddle with the little girl who gets to stay home from school that day :). The dogs are so cute and the whole thing just makes me smile. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I would legit watch that "Tiny House" show. Come on, TLC. Make this happen!

I am totally convinced that there is a real life reality show producer who is mad that Geico beat them to the concept.

In other insurance ads, good for Jaime.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I remember when that commercial first came out, before it was revealed at the end it was a Geico ad, some people actually thought it was the premise for a new reality series :p. I can totally see that being a thing. As for the cavemen one, when I see that now I just remember that they actually tried to make a TV series about the cavemen characters back in the day. To nobody's surprise, it flopped pretty damn hard. 

One of my favorite old Geico ads is the soap opera one, with the guy telling the girl he's seeing on the side that he saved by switching to Geico. "I saved. I thought that meant something to you."

As for other commercials I'm enjoying, it's an area one, but there's a station out of southern Minnesota that's got an ad talking about turning to them for all business/school closings when winter storms hit. In the ad, it shows these two dogs sitting around looking all sad, with a voiceover talking about how lonely they are during the day when kids go to school. Then it shows them hearing the local news anchor announce that all schools have been closed, and they're all excited and go running upstairs to cuddle with the little girl who gets to stay home from school that day :). The dogs are so cute and the whole thing just makes me smile. 

I love the soap opera ones! When the woman's all upset and he responses "But I was in a coma!" or telling Susan Lucci "Its called a nap."

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I love the soap opera ones! When the woman's all upset and he responses "But I was in a coma!" or telling Susan Lucci "Its called a nap."

Oh! Yes! I like those, too :D. It's especially fun to see Susan Lucci 'cause my mom's favorite soap was "All My Children" and I remember watching that with her a lot growing up. 

• Love 2

Is this a new one?  It cracks me up because we have a possum that shows up on the deck occasionally and everyone says we should try to tame it:

For the record, we are not going to try to tame it.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned--I searched and didn't come up with anything-- but I LOVE the Apple iPhone XR commercial with all the people running/doing parkour in different-colored outfits. 

I saw that one for the first time last night - loved the visual!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned--I searched and didn't come up with anything-- but I LOVE the Apple iPhone XR commercial with all the people running/doing parkour in different-colored outfits. 

It this it:

• Love 2
18 hours ago, xaxat said:

I am totally convinced that there is a real life reality show producer who is mad that Geico beat them to the concept.

In other insurance ads, good for Jaime.

Who knew that Jamie was secretly a badass?

• Love 8
On 1/1/2019 at 10:36 PM, InDueTime said:

I remember that ad. There are two versions. In the first one, Bob discusses the baby's weight and the mom. In the second version, it just says, "Don't cheat the phone company." I always wondered if they changed the ending because some phone companies complained.

Here's the original version:

These Metro ads are my current favorite simply because I like penguins.

I love penguins, but I actually hate those ads.  Penguin chicks that young do not go on the water.  That down is not water proof, and they're all going to die of hypothermia.  Penguin chicks don't go in the water until they have most of their real feathers.  So the ad kind of pisses me off.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, frenchtoast said:

I saw the secret agent being chased answering the call from his mother. "The squirrels are in the attic. Your father won't call an exterminator. He says it's personal now." I love that one! I'm hoping to see the Hump Day one soon.

I've seen the squirrel accident one, the squirrels in the attic (Your father says it's personal now), the camel (hate with the power of 1000 suns), Bob Wehadababyitsaboy, and Tiny House.  My favorites are tied:  Charlie Daniels in the fancy restaurant (That's how you do it, son - and then he steals the breadsticks off the table) and the Woodchucks (Quit chucking my dang wood!!) - but I haven't seen them yet.

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:38 AM, Annber03 said:

Oh! Yes! I like those, too :D. It's especially fun to see Susan Lucci 'cause my mom's favorite soap was "All My Children" and I remember watching that with her a lot growing up. 

When I was really into soaps All My Children was one of my favorite along with General Hospital both which used to be my grandma's favorite and I used to watch with her when she babysat me along with One Life to Live (which I only watched with her and for a few years during my soap loving days it was never a favorite), Guiding Light, and Days of Our Lives. Seeing soap commercials on them and Susan Lucci? That was awesome. 

4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I've seen the squirrel accident one, the squirrels in the attic (Your father says it's personal now), the camel (hate with the power of 1000 suns), Bob Wehadababyitsaboy, and Tiny House.  My favorites are tied:  Charlie Daniels in the fancy restaurant (That's how you do it, son - and then he steals the breadsticks off the table) and the Woodchucks (Quit chucking my dang wood!!) - but I haven't seen them yet.

I absolutely love that line 'Your father says its personal now' it cracks me up every time. 

• Love 6

I've now finally seen Bob Wehadababyitsaboy and the squirrels, but I'm still waiting to see the woodchuck one and Charlie Daniels. Apparently Geico has a massive ad buy during the NFL playoff games, so I'm seeing a bunch of ads.

• Love 4

I like the Progressive ad making fun of the Chevy ads.

”It’s a bigger room!”

I'm in the minority here -- I like Jamie and his delivery of that line is so funny.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 2

I am perfectly ok with my Verizon service, but I love those AT&T ads too, ESPECIALLY the doctor one.  “Guess who got reinstated!”

Can anyone place the song for me from the Apple multi-color ad?  It’s super catchy.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

I am perfectly ok with my Verizon service, but I love those AT&T ads too, ESPECIALLY the doctor one.  “Guess who got reinstated!”

Can anyone place the song for me from the Apple multi-color ad?  It’s super catchy.

"Come Along" by Cosmo Sheldrake.  Video

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

15 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Did not expect to get emotional over a Gillette ad. 

That's awesome. Good on them. I hope it gets a lot of airtime. 

Right to the top of my favorites. It's above the Honey Maid one from a few years ago.

I tear up every time they watch it and  hope they play it during the Super Bowl

• Love 4

I really like the Chevy “little bit country, little bit rock and roll” for the new Silverado.

Part of it is because I find it appealing but it also gives me fond memories of watching “The Osmond Show” with my family when I was little.  Jimmy was my favorite because he was closest to my age, heh.

• Love 3

I don't know if this is for any particular commercial, but I will watch any commercial with that blond bearded guy from the Fitbit? AppleWatch? exercise tracking device commercial (the six versions of him getting off the couch and ending up in the ocean) because I think he is YUMMY.  Seems like he is also in a Pizza Hut (?) commercial and an internet privacy/security ad and I will not fast forward through them.  Though I guess since I can't remember the product maybe they should have used someone else.

Goodness, that man is gorgeous!

• Love 1