Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

Favorite Commercials

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Finally? She was queen twice over on Game of Thrones, first to Joffrey then to Tommen.

I should have said THE Queen (and in her own right). Cersei was like the Queen Mother, so another one was still hanging around. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, friendperidot said:

I don't care much for the commercial, just the end. George Clooney's Nespresso where he's a knight in full armor who leaves the movie screen in search of a good cup of coffee. When he comes back in the scene and the Queen/Princess asks if he brought enough for the whole kingdom and he does an eyebrow waggle. Cracks me up and I watch that end every time I realize it's on.

I wish they'd run the full-length version - it's rather amusing.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, Bastet said:

I only vaguely remember Home Alone as something entertaining but not anything I need to see again, so I am not the target audience for that commercial, but it still amused me.  I like that someone thought of it, and that he signed on. 

I hate the movie, but find the commercial surprising charming.

This commercial cracks me up.  I love the food flying around (and the pets enjoying the bounty on the floor).  To me, what makes it even funnier is wondering how many takes it took to get it filmed?  

• Like 7

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, BooksRule said:

This commercial cracks me up.  I love the food flying around (and the pets enjoying the bounty on the floor).  To me, what makes it even funnier is wondering how many takes it took to get it filmed?  

Cracks me up too! lol

• Like 4

For some reason, Geico is airing all their old commercials and despite liking it, I don't remember being "Bob Wehadababyitsaboy" being one of theirs. I would have sworn it was for one of the collect calling commercials. They also tacked on a part at the end I don't remember where Bob calls someone else and adds the baby's weight and says the mother and baby are doing fine. They also showed the "Hump Day" one, and that commercial can go straight to hell.

Edited by Popples
  • Like 1

I love the Humpday camel commercial! And I do remember the we had a baby one.  

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I love the Humpday camel commercial! And I do remember the we had a baby one.  

I do too. It's one of my faves.

Just saw a new Mayhem one today. Loved it. 

Mayhem Car thief...

• Like 8

On 12/31/2018 at 4:33 PM, Popples said:

For some reason, Geico is airing all their old commercials and despite liking it, I don't remember being "Bob Wehadababyitsaboy" being one of theirs. I would have sworn it was for one of the collect calling commercials. They also tacked on a part at the end I don't remember where Bob calls someone else and adds the baby's weight and says the mother and baby are doing fine.

I remember that ad. There are two versions. In the first one, Bob discusses the baby's weight and the mom. In the second version, it just says, "Don't cheat the phone company." I always wondered if they changed the ending because some phone companies complained.

Here's the original version:

These Metro ads are my current favorite simply because I like penguins.

Edited by InDueTime · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 7

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, BooksRule said:

I just posted this in the Commercials We Despise (or whatever it's called) thread!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, Jamoche said:

Untuckit was a Jeopardy answer this week. Nobody got it.

Note to future Jeopardy contestants: hang out here for a week or so.

Can you hang out here if you're wearing an Untuckit shirt?  ;-)

Edited by Brookside

I do like that the Sling commercials changed from that couple being inadvertently creepy to Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman being purposely creepy, it's a lot funnier that way. I crack up at the one where they're calling out to the neighbor couple walking by, "Come Sling with us! Bring your mom!"

• Like 10

On 1/1/2019 at 2:31 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

I do too. It's one of my faves.

Just saw a new Mayhem one today. Loved it. 

Mayhem Car thief...

Add me (and my kids) to the Hump Day! fans. They played that one a lot during Mets games (back when we watched them on cable). Oh, and the Buster Posey one for a different company ("Who's ready to have a baby?"), which I probably shouldn't have liked, but did.

• Like 5

On 12/19/2018 at 9:29 PM, Dirtybubble said:

As a child of the 80s/90s I LOVE this...

Somehow I missed this.  I love it.  Thanks for posting.

Yes he is! If Atkins is his secret to maintaining a youthful physique, then sign me up!

• Like 3

I love that Geico is recycling it's old commercials as part of the "best of" campaign.  I saw the tiny house and Maxwell the pig yesterday.  No cavemen yet.

• Like 11

I saw the secret agent being chased answering the call from his mother. "The squirrels are in the attic. Your father won't call an exterminator. He says it's personal now." I love that one! I'm hoping to see the Hump Day one soon.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, frenchtoast said:

I saw the secret agent being chased answering the call from his mother. "The squirrels are in the attic. Your father won't call an exterminator. He says it's personal now." I love that one!

Oh, I love that one!  I've only seen Maxwell and Hump Day, and I hate both of those.  I'll probably be subjected to the cavemen next.

• Like 3

I've seen Tiny House, Maxwell, the caveman at the airport, and Hump Day (my personal fave). I haven't seen Secret Agent so far, darn it.

• Like 3

I've also seen the squirrels purposely causing car accidents and doing a celebratory handshake.

• Like 8

I love the squirrels high celebrating, Hump Day, Maxwell, and one I completely forgot about the guy calling collecting "Its Bob we had a baby its a boy." I completely forgot people used to do that to get out of paying collect.

• Like 7

Sorry if it's been mentioned--I searched and didn't come up with anything-- but I LOVE the Apple iPhone XR commercial with all the people running/doing parkour in different-colored outfits. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I would legit watch that "Tiny House" show. Come on, TLC. Make this happen!

I remember when that commercial first came out, before it was revealed at the end it was a Geico ad, some people actually thought it was the premise for a new reality series :p. I can totally see that being a thing. As for the cavemen one, when I see that now I just remember that they actually tried to make a TV series about the cavemen characters back in the day. To nobody's surprise, it flopped pretty damn hard. 

One of my favorite old Geico ads is the soap opera one, with the guy telling the girl he's seeing on the side that he saved by switching to Geico. "I saved. I thought that meant something to you."

As for other commercials I'm enjoying, it's an area one, but there's a station out of southern Minnesota that's got an ad talking about turning to them for all business/school closings when winter storms hit. In the ad, it shows these two dogs sitting around looking all sad, with a voiceover talking about how lonely they are during the day when kids go to school. Then it shows them hearing the local news anchor announce that all schools have been closed, and they're all excited and go running upstairs to cuddle with the little girl who gets to stay home from school that day :). The dogs are so cute and the whole thing just makes me smile. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I would legit watch that "Tiny House" show. Come on, TLC. Make this happen!

I am totally convinced that there is a real life reality show producer who is mad that Geico beat them to the concept.

In other insurance ads, good for Jaime.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I remember when that commercial first came out, before it was revealed at the end it was a Geico ad, some people actually thought it was the premise for a new reality series :p. I can totally see that being a thing. As for the cavemen one, when I see that now I just remember that they actually tried to make a TV series about the cavemen characters back in the day. To nobody's surprise, it flopped pretty damn hard. 

One of my favorite old Geico ads is the soap opera one, with the guy telling the girl he's seeing on the side that he saved by switching to Geico. "I saved. I thought that meant something to you."

As for other commercials I'm enjoying, it's an area one, but there's a station out of southern Minnesota that's got an ad talking about turning to them for all business/school closings when winter storms hit. In the ad, it shows these two dogs sitting around looking all sad, with a voiceover talking about how lonely they are during the day when kids go to school. Then it shows them hearing the local news anchor announce that all schools have been closed, and they're all excited and go running upstairs to cuddle with the little girl who gets to stay home from school that day :). The dogs are so cute and the whole thing just makes me smile. 

I love the soap opera ones! When the woman's all upset and he responses "But I was in a coma!" or telling Susan Lucci "Its called a nap."

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I love the soap opera ones! When the woman's all upset and he responses "But I was in a coma!" or telling Susan Lucci "Its called a nap."

Oh! Yes! I like those, too :D. It's especially fun to see Susan Lucci 'cause my mom's favorite soap was "All My Children" and I remember watching that with her a lot growing up. 

• Like 2

Is this a new one?  It cracks me up because we have a possum that shows up on the deck occasionally and everyone says we should try to tame it:

For the record, we are not going to try to tame it.

• Like 10

20 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned--I searched and didn't come up with anything-- but I LOVE the Apple iPhone XR commercial with all the people running/doing parkour in different-colored outfits. 

I saw that one for the first time last night - loved the visual!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

It this it:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, xaxat said:

I am totally convinced that there is a real life reality show producer who is mad that Geico beat them to the concept.

In other insurance ads, good for Jaime.

Who knew that Jamie was secretly a badass?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Who knew that Jamie was secretly a badass?

They hinted at it with the Big Jim ad, but it was undercut at the end when he pulled out his phone and called for help.

• Like 3

I love that they're bringing back the old Geico ads - especially the one with the pig:

I also like some of the AT & T "just ok is not ok" commercials. Especially this one:

• Like 10

On 1/1/2019 at 10:36 PM, InDueTime said:

I remember that ad. There are two versions. In the first one, Bob discusses the baby's weight and the mom. In the second version, it just says, "Don't cheat the phone company." I always wondered if they changed the ending because some phone companies complained.

Here's the original version:

These Metro ads are my current favorite simply because I like penguins.

I love penguins, but I actually hate those ads.  Penguin chicks that young do not go on the water.  That down is not water proof, and they're all going to die of hypothermia.  Penguin chicks don't go in the water until they have most of their real feathers.  So the ad kind of pisses me off.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, frenchtoast said:

I saw the secret agent being chased answering the call from his mother. "The squirrels are in the attic. Your father won't call an exterminator. He says it's personal now." I love that one! I'm hoping to see the Hump Day one soon.

I've seen the squirrel accident one, the squirrels in the attic (Your father says it's personal now), the camel (hate with the power of 1000 suns), Bob Wehadababyitsaboy, and Tiny House.  My favorites are tied:  Charlie Daniels in the fancy restaurant (That's how you do it, son - and then he steals the breadsticks off the table) and the Woodchucks (Quit chucking my dang wood!!) - but I haven't seen them yet.

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:38 AM, Annber03 said:

Oh! Yes! I like those, too :D. It's especially fun to see Susan Lucci 'cause my mom's favorite soap was "All My Children" and I remember watching that with her a lot growing up. 

When I was really into soaps All My Children was one of my favorite along with General Hospital both which used to be my grandma's favorite and I used to watch with her when she babysat me along with One Life to Live (which I only watched with her and for a few years during my soap loving days it was never a favorite), Guiding Light, and Days of Our Lives. Seeing soap commercials on them and Susan Lucci? That was awesome. 

4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I've seen the squirrel accident one, the squirrels in the attic (Your father says it's personal now), the camel (hate with the power of 1000 suns), Bob Wehadababyitsaboy, and Tiny House.  My favorites are tied:  Charlie Daniels in the fancy restaurant (That's how you do it, son - and then he steals the breadsticks off the table) and the Woodchucks (Quit chucking my dang wood!!) - but I haven't seen them yet.

I absolutely love that line 'Your father says its personal now' it cracks me up every time. 

• Like 6

I've now finally seen Bob Wehadababyitsaboy and the squirrels, but I'm still waiting to see the woodchuck one and Charlie Daniels. Apparently Geico has a massive ad buy during the NFL playoff games, so I'm seeing a bunch of ads.

• Like 4

The State Farm ad with the accident between the car and the helium truck makes me laugh every time.

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

The State Farm ad with the accident between the car and the helium truck makes me laugh every time.

That's my current favorite commercial!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

I like the Progressive ad making fun of the Chevy ads.

”It’s a bigger room!”

I'm in the minority here -- I like Jamie and his delivery of that line is so funny.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Like 2

I am perfectly ok with my Verizon service, but I love those AT&T ads too, ESPECIALLY the doctor one.  “Guess who got reinstated!”

Can anyone place the song for me from the Apple multi-color ad?  It’s super catchy.

• Like 6