Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:44 PM, CoderLady said:

Their clothes are pretty damn good, too. Best women's t-shirts ever, IMO.

22 hours ago, Moose135 said:

They would have to be, I think their commercials are awful.

I hate their commercials too, but I've just ordered a woman's Tshirt from them because hope springs eternal that a good one does exist somewhere. 

• Love 2

That new Google Pixel ad with the bad photos is just the best.  I probably like it so much because it's so relatable.  Every time I attempt to take a pic, I end up with blur, closed eyes or some other weirdness.  And that "Recommended" feature is all kinds of cool.  Well done, Google!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

That new Google Pixel ad with the bad photos is just the best.  I probably like it so much because it's so relatable.  Every time I attempt to take a pic, I end up with blur, closed eyes or some other weirdness.  And that "Recommended" feature is all kinds of cool.  Well done, Google!

I took a picture with my brother's phone at my nephew's wedding this weekend - totally needed that phone.

• Love 3
On 10/18/2018 at 5:44 PM, CoderLady said:

Their clothes are pretty damn good, too. Best women's t-shirts ever, IMO.

I am in search for the "best women's shirt ever". What makes it so?

I love this one from AT&T. It should probably also go in the "tearjerkers" commercial. The first time I saw it I thought it was going to be a PSA for being obsessed with your phone. Then wait for it... who the hell is cutting onions nearby??

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dFfq/at-and-t-wireless-the-wait

7 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

That new Google Pixel ad with the bad photos is just the best.  I probably like it so much because it's so relatable.  Every time I attempt to take a pic, I end up with blur, closed eyes or some other weirdness. 

I saw that one yesterday, and cracked up at all the bad photos:

• Love 6

I have gotten extremely tired of Pro Flo, but I really like the current commercial where's she's visiting her sister (I think) who is ever-so-slowly pedaling on an exercise bike, staring at her phone, and refusing to listen to Flo's insurance spiel, while saying things like "I'm in a meeting" and "you're ruining my workout - cycling is my passion" in an utterly passionless, world-weary tone.

I know a few people who never seem to put their damn phones down and I get a twisted joy out of seeing them portrayed as the clueless, completely tuned-out idiots they are.

• Love 9

My theory is that Flo’s sister is feigning indifference. That’s what I would do if I bought a house and a relative used it as an excuse to come over and shill insurance.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, mousegirl said:

I know a few people who never seem to put their damn phones down and I get a twisted joy out of seeing them portrayed as the clueless, completely tuned-out idiots they are.

Well, those people are awful, and in theory I like her sister being a parody of them (love the line delivery on "cycling's my passion"), but the sister is in her own house doing something and Flo is sitting there like a toddler repeating, "Janice, look" and trying to get her to look at the Progressive website.  So, in practice, they cancel each other out with the annoying.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 11

There's this commercial, I don't remember what it's for except it seems like maybe some kind of healthcare system or insurance.  I don't even remember what else is in the commercial, but there's a shot of two people with a baby on one of those round plastic snow sliders, using the baby and brooms to curl on the front walk.  I laugh every time I see it.  Obviously it's not a very effective commercial since I have no idea what it's supposed to be advertising, but I love that part anyway.

• Love 4

There is a commercial, I think for Alexa or other home device thing in which bunch of people are asking for stuff: "Show me a lasagna recipe," "Show me xyz..." etc. One of the people is a lady holding a plant of some kind. I think she says succulent but I know nothing about plants. At the end of the commercial she says, "Show me a picture of a healthy succulent," and when it comes up she looks at the plant and says, "Oh, No. Not us, bud," to the plant. Her delivery and tone is just perfect and I crack up every time I see it. I just love that.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, LoneHaranguer said:

How is it a "perfect" toy, if you have to keep replacing it?

Doxies are hard on toys, especially stuffed ones. Ones with squeakers go down quickly. They tear them up. A perfect toy is one they love, carry around and don't shred immediately. I don't know why the owner in the commercial doesn't just wash that one. It's just filthy. Mine has a couple toys like that, and I wash them. I spend a small fortune for toys for mine. 

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Doxies are hard on toys, especially stuffed ones. Ones with squeakers go down quickly. They tear them up. A perfect toy is one they love, carry around and don't shred immediately. I don't know why the owner in the commercial doesn't just wash that one. It's just filthy. Mine has a couple toys like that, and I wash them. I spend a small fortune for toys for mine. 

Yeah, that stuffed toy just needed a good wash.  Probably will last through a couple more washes. 

• Love 7

Just saw the George Clooney/ Nespresso commercial, where, dressed as a knight in some medieval pic, he steps out of the movie screen, and goes off to look for good coffee.

Nice! but not a patch on Greg Brady's Orange Shasta number ("What are we drinking, m'lords?"):

I forgot how much I loved this.  Screams for a remake.

• Love 4
On October 22, 2018 at 10:43 PM, mousegirl said:

I have gotten extremely tired of Pro Flo, but I really like the current commercial where's she's visiting her sister (I think) who is ever-so-slowly pedaling on an exercise bike, staring at her phone, and refusing to listen to Flo's insurance spiel, while saying things like "I'm in a meeting" and "you're ruining my workout - cycling is my passion" in an utterly passionless, world-weary tone.

Bleccchhhh ....didn't think I could hate anyone more than I did Flo 'til I encountered her "sister" (and the rest of her family)

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, proserpina65 said:

There's this commercial, I don't remember what it's for except it seems like maybe some kind of healthcare system or insurance.  I don't even remember what else is in the commercial, but there's a shot of two people with a baby on one of those round plastic snow sliders, using the baby and brooms to curl on the front walk.  I laugh every time I see it.  Obviously it's not a very effective commercial since I have no idea what it's supposed to be advertising, but I love that part anyway.

Sorry to quote my own comment, but I saw the commercial this morning and made an effort to note the product: Airborne immune system quackery.  Still a cute bit in the commercial though.

• Love 1

So Bounty's new ad campaign has a commercial with a little girl poking her dad in the butt with her toy sword, causing him to spill his iced coffee in the direction of his older daughter's computer with everyone yelling noooooo on slow motion. Many have expressed their annoyance at this ad over in the other thread.

Well, now there is a second ad in the campaign with a boy trying to eat dumplings with his family, he drops his dumpling and it goes sliding across the table with everyone doing the same slow mo Noooooooooo! But then all the nooooos end with the family dog going Yesssssss! as the sliding dumpling drops over the edge of the table and into his happy mouth. I laughed a good five minutes. Cute twist ending. The commercial ends with the kid happy he can hold his dumpling with the dog's ears drooping as it realizes another dumpling isn't coming it's way.

• Love 5

I just love the LL Bean flannel shirts commercial. Great use of the music from Westside Story.

I love that ad, reminds me of the fall of 1973, when friends of mine and I played tag football on the Mall in WDC. I had no clue what was going on, my teammates just told me which direction to run and I tried. And another edit, the next spring, when congressional softball season started, they did not ask me to join the team, they had already witnessed my athletic prowess. I'm the kid that was always stuck in right field. I did not grow up watching sports or playing them, I was one of those who hated team sports in gym class, in fact, I hated gym classes. However, by the end of the softball season, I had attended all the games and they started asking me to keep track of the runs, then a few weeks later, asked me to track the outs and the runs and the innings. By the end of the next year, I had purchased a book of score keeping charts, kept stats, other teams asked me where things stood in the games. I got to be a decent score keeper. 

As an adolescent pit bull owner, I agree and disagree about favorite stuffed toys. My guy's favorite toys are shredded within a couple of hours of receiving them. The toys he really likes are shredded immediately and the squeakers removed, if he doesn't like it, it's still intact. I quit throwing away the pieces until they become dangerous because he still carries them around, tosses them in the air, and kills them. I've also found, he likes a toy once or twice, but there's no sense in buying it three or more times, numbers three and four remain pretty much intact and he ignores them. Pretty much intact means no stuffing, all arms, legs, wings, fins, heads have been removed. 

Edited to say that dogs are all different. I had a Cocker Spaniel that died a couple of years ago, she hoarded all the toys in the house, I don't think she had a favorite, she just always took all the toys away from the Lab mix pup and growled at him if he tried to get one to play with. I frequently took toys away from her and gave them to him.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 7
On 10/23/2018 at 7:07 PM, bigskygirl said:

So cute:

Aw, that bit when the dog gives it a good shake reminds me of my dog. Before she was mine, she lived with my mom, but both mom and stepdad had a dog each so she had no person of her own until I came over for Christmas and left with a dog.

Now, Jasmine was a cocker spaniel, so she was very very gentle with her stuffed toys. But my brother was there with his Jack Russell, and *those* dogs are ratters, so when Sydney (the JR) got one of Jasmine's stuffed toys, she did what Jack Russells do - bit the back of its neck and shook it until the stuffing came out. And a sad cocker spaniel can do the most amazing sad puppy eyes.

• Love 9

Dear Advertising Ad Makers: 

People do remember good ads, they also remember who the ads are for, even when they do not use the products. I don't drink alcohol and I hate beer and coffee, probably especially together. Forgot a big one, so I'm editing to add it and change the order. Funny, most of them are Holiday.

My favorite ads of all time

7) the original Peter home for Christmas by Folger's Coffee

6) Norelco Santa

5) Hershey Kisses Bells

4) Life Cereal, "Hey Mikey!"

3) pretty much anything with the Budweiser Clydesdales

2) Coca Cola, "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"

And my favorite, all time is this Christmas Card by The Miller Brewing Company:

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 9

I love all those Progressive ads where the punchline is: "We can't stop you from turning into your parents..." *

Because even though there's exaggeration, hand to God! I remember my dad saying stuff like that about mulch and insulation.

(Wow, I miss him *sniff*)

Wasn't there also a group therapy session where a woman says: "I tell total strangers: 'Defense wins championships!' "

I alternate between laughing and weeping, because that's me now.

*I had it right the first time, then I changed it, now I'm changing it back.

Edited by voiceover
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, voiceover said:

Wasn't there also a group therapy session where a woman says: "I tell total strangers: 'Defense wins championships!' "

It's a man who says it, and then the woman next to him says, "Well, it does." (I love all those "turning into your parents" commercials, too):

• Love 9

smittykins, I sing that one and "hotdogs, Armour Hotdogs, what kind of kids like Armour Hotdogs?" when I'm trying to bribe my dogs to do something with hotdog bites, but I buy them the really cheap ones. 

Both of those ads need to go on the list, you're right, I forgot them.

• Love 5

Current commercials I'm liking:

The PetSmart holiday one with the dog and cat who become friends. 

The ad with that "Let me try again" song, showing wonky-looking photos that you can fix or replace with nicer versions. The pictures make me laugh :D.  

And the beer ad featuring "This land is your land", just 'cause the version of the song in it is rather cool. 

• Love 4

I don't know that it's a favorite because other than it's for a phone and it's available on Amazon, (I looked at the screen at the very end and caught that), but the one with the brother calling his sister to wish her "happy birthday" and then telling her he's gotten her a half dead plant. Not often, but sometimes, my brother and I have that kind of relationship, it's nice.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I don't know that it's a favorite because other than it's for a phone and it's available on Amazon, (I looked at the screen at the very end and caught that), but the one with the brother calling his sister to wish her "happy birthday" and then telling her he's gotten her a half dead plant. Not often, but sometimes, my brother and I have that kind of relationship, it's nice.

That one makes me laugh every time!

• Love 4
On 11/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, Annber03 said:

Current commercials I'm liking:

The PetSmart holiday one with the dog and cat who become friends. 

I like this one too, and there's an ad for, I think, Walmart with the dog sliding on the floor to get to the door.  He ends up wearing a complete Xmas outfit, complete with little red bootees.

Edited by Brookside
To add the ad
  • Love 4